Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    nfanel wrote:
    81 framed posters?? :eek: you're right, you need a PJ house for that!!!

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/scottiepj/

Here is a link to a few pics my place.24x30 foot with 14 foot ceilings....I was a woodshop when I bought the house, but I turned it into a PJ playhouse! If not for this building, I wouldnt have bought the house.....This is wherethey will all be hanging, hopefully very soon...:D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

Here is a link to a few pics my place.24x30 foot with 14 foot ceilings....I was a woodshop when I bought the house, but I turned it into a PJ playhouse! If not for this building, I wouldnt have bought the house.....This is wherethey will all be hanging, hopefully very soon...:D

I was flipping through my PJ v Ames book today ... lots of comments about those posters in there.

I'm waiting anxiously for my Klausen Showbox to get beck from the framer ... *ahem* ... ;)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    onejourney wrote:
    Here's my most recent addition. i've been waiting for this for a long time, and I love it!

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4412/dscn1015us7.jpg

amazing!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    I was flipping through my PJ v Ames book today ... lots of comments about those posters in there.

I'm waiting anxiously for my Klausen Showbox to get beck from the framer ... *ahem* ... ;)

I am pretty stoked to FINALLY being able to do something with them instead of them being in a box and doing nothing. As soon as I get them, I am sure I will be a bit freaked out having THAT many to put up...HAHA..A good problem to have! ;)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    the others were already mounted and ready to go.

mounted? please tell me these were not drymounted!
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,572
    I have 10-15 posters I wanna frame in the near future. Some of these are too big for my A1 portolio sleeves and are just lying around in the house. Klausen Honolulu AP is one of them and its a 500 dollar poster.... Ween Red Rocks Emek HEMP edition is another...... Jeez! Better get my ass to the frames asap!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    schmoff wrote:

Yes they are....I know...I have heard it from SOOO many people that I have ruined their value and all that goes with it. The simple fact reamains, they are PURELY for MY enjoyment and to show to people when they come over or take photos to send to others. The monetary value of my Pearl Jam collection no matter if it a poster or a record, or a reeenk roink or whatever means NOTHING to me. I collect their stuff, because I have had a love affair with this band since day one, and having their stuff makes me happy. Right wrong or indifferent to anyone else, that is how it goes. So YES, they are dry mounted as will probably all the others I have yet to have done. BREATHE man BREATHE!!! ;)

• Options
    Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    My first concert, finally tracked it down

DSC04935copy.jpg
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
  • Options
    Vookie23 wrote:

DSC04935copy.jpg

Good Lord, what did that cost you? That poster doesnt surface very often. NICE choice for framing....I like!

• Options
    TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    jimed14 wrote:
    pic? I have that ... it's HUGE

Master framer had put it up on this thread before....
    Man this is one of my fav..... bad ass on the wall...

http://www.pearljamstories.com/framed/kimportland/portland
    http://www.pearljamstories.com/framed/kimportland/portland2
    http://www.pearljamstories.com/framed/kimportland/portland3
  • Options
    Niko80 wrote:
    I have 10-15 posters I wanna frame in the near future. Some of these are too big for my A1 portolio sleeves and are just lying around in the house. Klausen Honolulu AP is one of them and its a 500 dollar poster.... Ween Red Rocks Emek HEMP edition is another...... Jeez! Better get my ass to the frames asap!

damn have'nt you framed that honolulu yet niko? I framed mine just because it wouldnt fit into my portfolio.. and because it looks pretty nice framed! :)
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    TEEJAM11 wrote:

nice, well done. simple but far from cheap looking, classy. keep the poster the focus. MF is the man.

I wasn't going to frame this print ... but then the EV solo blue poster came out ... they'd made decent complimentary pieces ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    schmoff wrote:

What the difference between drymounted and mounted? :)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,855
    Scott, cant wait to see your framing results, and your finished room, what a fantastic and exciting adventure and project to do all at once.....

Wow, I can't even imagine how cool its going to look.

My missus would kill me if I even tried!!!
  • Options
    Vookie23 wrote:

DSC04935copy.jpg

That looks awesome love the matt and the frame....

Your place must be so nice....:)
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,572
    damn have'nt you framed that honolulu yet niko? I framed mine just because it wouldnt fit into my portfolio.. and because it looks pretty nice framed! :)

Im know.... someone needs to kick my ass!

Tell you what, when you come here to play, I will drop them at the framer on my way to the venue:-)
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Scott, cant wait to see your framing results, and your finished room, what a fantastic and exciting adventure and project to do all at once.....

Wow, I can't even imagine how cool its going to look.

My missus would kill me if I even tried!!!

THANKS! I am looking forward to it, but am pretty nervous at the same time. Actually getting them on the walls is going to be another endeavor all on its own. I have already been try to decide how to do it. By date? Size? random? I am also trying to decide wether I need to wait until I get them all back to hang them, or if I should hang them as I get them. He told me he was going to do them in groups of 10 or so so I can pick them up at my liesure and not just call me one day and say they are all done, come and get them! So maybe I will just hang them as they come. I have no idea which ones he is doing so that could be random enough....

You know, my wife has NEVER once said anything whether or not I have spent $1 or $5000. She knows this is my thing and respects it very much. She doesnt understand it, and thinks I am NUTS, but totally gets that it is my thing.

Will def post some pics when I start to hang them....need to start trying to get a game plam on track!! :D

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,855
    Ah, yeah my wife is totally cool in what I spend also, she again realises this is my pleasure in life - i dont go out getting hammered every night, or have a wild drug habit, Pj is my thing like yourself....

however getting 81 posters up on the walls of my house would be a task and a half trying to persuade her...

looking forward to it Scott
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Ah, yeah my wife is totally cool in what I spend also, she again realises this is my pleasure in life - i dont go out getting hammered every night, or have a wild drug habit, Pj is my thing like yourself....

however getting 81 posters up on the walls of my house would be a task and a half trying to persuade her...

looking forward to it Scott

Have you seen these? This is where they will be hanging....Seperate building in back of my home. :)

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    wow pjtradeking, i think from reading the last page or so that we have all gone nuts over pj posters, - someone finally bought a seperate house just so they could hang them all up, absolutley crazy.

It is awesome though, my house is covered with posters as well.

Rock on, hope those 81 you got framed all turn out ok.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options

Have you seen these? This is where they will be hanging....Seperate building in back of my home. :)

So I know u are gettng 81 framed......do u have others already framed?

My internet is so slow atm.........I will try to look at your pics when my speed comes back
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I wish I could ad to this thread, but I dropped 4 posters off to get framed the first week of April and still have not gotten them back. The guy told me he would call me this Tuesday when he thought they would be done...but it's Thursday and I have nothing. Waiting it the hardest part...I hope they look as cool as some of the others posted on here
  • Options
    TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    jimed14 wrote:
    nice, well done. simple but far from cheap looking, classy. keep the poster the focus. MF is the man.

I wasn't going to frame this print ... but then the EV solo blue poster came out ... they'd made decent complimentary pieces ...

I tell you this is one of my fav.....
    The more I see it the more Mike comes out of the print and Ed's wine bottle etc.... it's a really cool print. And it's a tribute to MR. McCreedy the kick ass guitarist. They should do one for Stone and Jeff.... And I really dont see this one for sale much....
    I am going to frame the CCFA hawaii next....
  • Options
    Niko80 wrote:
    Im know.... someone needs to kick my ass!

Tell you what, when you come here to play, I will drop them at the framer on my way to the venue:-)

Or you can bring it to our gig and I will sign it with beer!! ;)
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • Options
    Sarah D.Sarah D. Posts: 44
    Just got this done today. It looks incredible in person- the photo doesn't quite do it justice.
    http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc314/sdever/?action=view&current=IMGP0239.jpg
    [/url]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc314/sdever/IMGP0240.jpg
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    a5pj wrote:
    wow pjtradeking, - someone finally bought a seperate house just so they could hang them all up, absolutley crazy.

It is kind of funny you say that. When we were house shopping as it were, we were trying to find one that had a big enough basement of some sort that would be big enough to display my collection. I'll bet we looked at 50 in a few months.

I was driving home from my sisters one day in an area that we had not even been looking in, and saw the guy putting the sign up on a corner. I stopped and asked him where it was. He was a bit put off becasue his wife hadnt even gotten the flyers printed or anything, and just overall didnt want to show me the house right away, but I insisted on atleast seeing the outside.

Didnt think too much of the shop when I first saw it because I figured it was just a place for cars and crap and was prob pretty dirty. Little did I know that he had finished the inside with lights, heat, phone, cable pretty much everything but carpet and paint. When we walked in to take a look, the first words out of my wifes mouth were "Well then...Here is your Pearl Jam house..." We made an offer THAT night and bought it. It was one of those things that was just meant to be. Without the shop, we would NOT have bought the house as the house itself isnt that big.....So, a little paint and some carpet and PRESTO!! ;)..anyhow, silly story, but I thought I would share it!!