Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    aus_suz wrote:
    Cool thnx for that....Do they use acid free foam board to preserve tho poster?
    Ive only got 4 posters framed so far and they are framed with just matt.....

From what I gather, yes. All I now is that I have received some pretty funny/nasty pms about the subject....;) Just do whatever YOU like. :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    From what I gather, yes. All I now is that I have received some pretty funny/nasty pms about the subject....;) Just do whatever YOU like. :D

I guess if u have no intention of selling or trading why not dry mount....

I wonder if ppl have ever had their framed posters stolen at all....?
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    I was wondering, Mr Pjtradeking, if you use the conservation glass, regular plexiglass, uv plexi, or nothing at all.

I have a bunch of posters (nothing like your set up) that I want/need to get on the walls, but I am having a hard time coming up with all the money to do so. Even with American frame and their one free matte, its usually around $60 for each one and I just cant hang with that right now. I have two kids headed to college in a few years and I really cant spend all that money. Maybe I should look into drymounting too. Is it any cheaper?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    jaamfaan wrote:
    I was wondering, Mr Pjtradeking, if you use the conservation glass, regular plexiglass, uv plexi, or nothing at all.

I have a bunch of posters (nothing like your set up) that I want/need to get on the walls, but I am having a hard time coming up with all the money to do so. Even with American frame and their one free matte, its usually around $60 for each one and I just cant hang with that right now. I have two kids headed to college in a few years and I really cant spend all that money. Maybe I should look into drymounting too. Is it any cheaper?

I went with an inexpensive non-glare. I just like the way it looks and the conservation is waaaaaay too expensive. When all is said and done, I am paying about $70 per, which isnt bad in the grand scheme. That said, I dont have kids to deal with. I tried to do them myself to save some $$, and I found out it was nothing but a hassel FOR ME..Others have done a nice job and had no probs doing there own. Mine rippled and curled and were just a pain in the ass, so I chose to bite the bullet and get them done. Nothing fancy, no mattes. Just standard black frames and nonglare glass. I like the way they look so far, really shows off the art. Dry mounting is just another expense, so I am not sure it would fit for you! Good luck!!

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,907
    I like the attitude of the posters are for you and you only, some people just dont get that!!

Throw them on the wall Scott, I'd go with clutches of colour pockets here and there, like the boston whale fits nicely with the newcastle wave, and even the spain 06 - throw into that the vedder solo poster and maybe even the atlanta 03..... could make a nice little section from that.

Or you could take themes, like the places, all the bostons etc

or put the ones from the sea together, the boston 98, the maui wave, the spain 06, the wave from the charity show, boston 06 etc, or go just with animals, and then people, then abstract

and I'd always have the Dc and the dusseldorf together.....

your gonna have some fun with this
  • Options
    crikey Scott,

6000 in framing....gotta hurt chief
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    crikey Scott,

6000 in framing....gotta hurt chief

hahahaha.....Yea, I am not sure what hurts worse though. The $6K for these or the fact that I have another 40+ that have to be done!! Those will def not be done anytime soon I might add. My plan is after I get these 80 done and get through summer, I am going to try and do atleast 1 every week or every other week until I get them done. I have put myself on buying restrction as of getting the ed solo shows. I have told myself that I will NOT be buying any east coast stuff this time around and in fact will only be buying the shows I have attending from here on out. I am missing missoula 98 and the Gorge 93(which I may never get) but aside from that, I am DONE! ;)

• Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    hahahaha.....Yea, I am not sure what hurts worse though. The $6K for these or the fact that I have another 40+ that have to be done!! Those will def not be done anytime soon I might add. My plan is after I get these 80 done and get through summer, I am going to try and do atleast 1 every week or every other week until I get them done. I have put myself on buying restrction as of getting the ed solo shows. I have told myself that I will NOT be buying any east coast stuff this time around and in fact will only be buying the shows I have attending from here on out. I am missing missoula 98 and the Gorge 93(which I may never get) but aside from that, I am DONE! ;)

Wow....
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I like the attitude of the posters are for you and you only, some people just dont get that!!

Throw them on the wall Scott, I'd go with clutches of colour pockets here and there, like the boston whale fits nicely with the newcastle wave, and even the spain 06 - throw into that the vedder solo poster and maybe even the atlanta 03..... could make a nice little section from that.

Or you could take themes, like the places, all the bostons etc

or put the ones from the sea together, the boston 98, the maui wave, the spain 06, the wave from the charity show, boston 06 etc, or go just with animals, and then people, then abstract

and I'd always have the Dc and the dusseldorf together.....

your gonna have some fun with this

Those are some great ideas. I just might employ some of those when it comes "hanging time". I also thought about moving all of the furniture out of the way, and clearing the floor. Then laying them all (or as many as I can) out and then crawling up on my ladder and looking down at them in all their glory and just starting moving them here and there and just playing around BEFORE I start putting holes in the walls. I think it is going to be alot of fun. I am actually kind of nervous. It is a BIG undertaking. One I thought I might never get to. I am so excited that it has come to fruition. :D

• Options
    Sarah D.Sarah D. Posts: 44
    Just got these done. The PJ cafe one is just for fun, and we put it in the kitchen.
    IMGP0279.jpg
    IMGP0278.jpg
    IMGP0277.jpg
  • Options
    Sarah D. wrote:
    Just got these done. The PJ cafe one is just for fun, and we put it in the kitchen.
    IMGP0279.jpg
    IMGP0278.jpg
    IMGP0277.jpg

NICE!!

• Options
    Sarah D.Sarah D. Posts: 44
    NICE!!
    Thanks! I've got a few more I still need to get framed- nothing like what you have going on! I'm going to run out of places to hang mine soon, I think, and can only imagine what's going on in your house.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Those are some great ideas. I just might employ some of those when it comes "hanging time". I also thought about moving all of the furniture out of the way, and clearing the floor. Then laying them all (or as many as I can) out and then crawling up on my ladder and looking down at them in all their glory and just starting moving them here and there and just playing around BEFORE I start putting holes in the walls. I think it is going to be alot of fun. I am actually kind of nervous. It is a BIG undertaking. One I thought I might never get to. I am so excited that it has come to fruition. :D
    I can imagine at my place I'd just end up with 80 frames stacked against the walls! We just moved (well, a month ago) and I only have about 10 or so and I still haven't decided where I'm going to put them! :D
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Sarah D. wrote:
    IMGP0279.jpg
    IMGP0278.jpg
    IMGP0277.jpg

Nice.........
    Ive got the Newcastle one in my Kitchen....:)
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    I can imagine at my place I'd just end up with 80 frames stacked against the walls! We just moved (well, a month ago) and I only have about 10 or so and I still haven't decided where I'm going to put them! :D

Yea, I had the same problem a few years back. Before I had anything framed at all. I wondered what the hell I was gonna do, and what the hell I was doing buying all these damn things with nowhere to put them. Now, however, space is not an issue. I have a separate building all together for my Pearl Jam collection. Should have no problem hanging well over 100-120. If not for this building, we would not have bought this house, it is the sole reason we bought it! :)

• Options
    Theres one for the future, a seperate PJ annex......

you may be the first one Scott!!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Theres one for the future, a seperate PJ annex......

you may be the first one Scott!!

Havent you seen the pics I put up a while back?

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/scottiepj/

These were taken about a year ago. I havent got much done since because I wasnt sure what I was going to do with the posters. It is 24X30 foot with 14 foot ceilings. It was a woodshop when we bought the place. I put in carpet, painted it, wired it for sound, internet, phone, cable. My own little space....Hopefully the next pics I take will have about 50 or so posters on the walls.:D

• Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,797
    Does anyone have any good pictures ideas about how to frame up the s/n posters.

I have the justin hampton melbourne s/n and Lolla (abe) and seems like a traditional framing would cover the sig...

any ideas would be great

thank you
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    Yep, recall that now, saw the pics, I think its just the way you put it, ' a PJ house'.....thats awesome.....I have a PJ room at present, but its nothing like that, and its gonna look immense with the walls covered
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    its gonna look immense with the walls covered

I hope so! If it does suck.....Please dont tell me, okay? Lie your ASS off and tell me it is awesome regardless, or I may just torch the place! ;)

• Options
    Any NJ people have a good place to get frames?
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    I need some advice from you smart folks. I have a few posters that I have had framed (at a shop) over the years. My question is this, If i wanted to change the print in the frame for another poster (of the same size) would you recommend i take it back to the shop ? or is this something I could or should do myself ? cheers
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    cuyler41 wrote:
    I need some advice from you smart folks. I have a few posters that I have had framed (at a shop) over the years. My question is this, If i wanted to change the print in the frame for another poster (of the same size) would you recommend i take it back to the shop ? or is this something I could or should do myself ? cheers

Depends on how you had it mounted. It could be impossible without damage to the poster, and might even then be impossible.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    I dont like the sound of that lol
  • Options
    inmytree0991inmytree0991 Posts: 122
    edited February 20
    x
    Post edited by inmytree0991 on
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Is it me, or does the Kenyon Hall poster remind you of this?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000001ELR.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I like the frame you got for it!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,188

Really nice job! I like them both very much. If you've framed any others, please share. You do a great job matching up the frames and mats with the posters.
  • Options
    inmytree0991inmytree0991 Posts: 122
    thanks guys. these are the only two that i have so i hope to get 4 more this tour.

and jimed i was dying when i saw that pic haha