Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Dads dont offer advice unless you ask... They would rather have fun watching!
    in all fairness he tried and did not fair well either.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Wish I could get something framed (Hawaii 07, Borgotta) by Master Framer.....I emailed him, sent him PM's......he never answered!

Hey man, Im sorry. I get a few messages these days and its hard to keep up with them, my job, my dog, my girlfriend and the framing... again Im sorry I overlooked you, wasnt on purpose.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    wow this has been a busy thread the last day or so glad to see people getting some shit framed I need to get to work on some of mine :)

I haven't forgotten about you...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    I haven't forgotten about you...

No worries

I am actually in your neck of the woods, a quick two days for my sister's wedding.

I know how awesome the shit looks so I can wait :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    inmyrvm wrote:
    ya that's why im gonna try american frame and buy glass locally to keep costs down. if i was any good at making the angled cuts i'd try to make the frames myself, but oh well.

You can try, but still if you want good frame you need someone professional to do a job.
    I have everything 45 angle cut, I work with glass so that is no problem and still...it's a shame to make a bad job on poster like Dusseldorf, Gorge ecc.
    For that matter you can buy cheep frame at Home Depot, my advice is to get framed done by professional cost more but you can really enjoy the poster when is done.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    AMES - CHICAGO 03
    chicago-03.jpg
    chicago-part.jpg

I like double frame

COPENHAGEN 07
    copenhagen-07.jpg

this maybe is weird, but that is the best that I could get from colors in the frame shop...not much choice :(

AMES - TORONTO 06
    toronto-06-ames.jpg

...more coming soon
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    AMES - CHICAGO 03
    chicago-03.jpg
    chicago-part.jpg

I like double frame

COPENHAGEN 07
    copenhagen-07.jpg

this maybe is weird, but that is the best that I could get from colors in the frame shop...not much choice :(

AMES - TORONTO 06
    toronto-06-ames.jpg

...more coming soon

They look awesome ....I love the coppenhagen.......
    Did u use non reflective glass.......looks good............:)
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    AMES - CHICAGO 03
    chicago-03.jpg
    chicago-part.jpg

I like double frame

COPENHAGEN 07
    copenhagen-07.jpg

AMES - TORONTO 06
    toronto-06-ames.jpg

...more coming soon

your Copenhagen one is awesome. I was looking for an idea for mine and I think I will take inspiration from yours. :D
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    They look awesome ....I love the coppenhagen.......
    Did u use non reflective glass.......looks good............:)

Yes, every frame I made is non reflective glass, that is what my frame dude is using.
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    your Copenhagen one is awesome. I was looking for an idea for mine and I think I will take inspiration from yours. :D

You are more than welcome, this thread is all about that !!!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    my wembley awaits pick up at the frame shop. :D

i may be in the minority here, but i far prefer the most simplistic of frame jobs for posters. no matting for me. i am 100% archival, but yea.....just a frame, let the artwork be all on it's own...and i like all my posters to match frame-wise. someday, when i collect all the posters for shows i've been to - and it KILLS me b/c i DID buy the gorge 05, and all the canadian shows i went to....and got them for friends:(....but yea, hahaha...someday....and i want to display them all together, so different mats, etc....too *distracting* to me. hell, even all my own photo work, which i cut my own mats and framed myself...all archival as well......simple, simple is my taste.

thus far, i only own european shows i've attended:
    italy, wembley and dusseldorf.
    missed out on nijmegen.
    some day i WILL get my other shows. hoping hubby scores me a uniondale 03 - my first pj show - for my birthday. :) after that i want the gorge 05 and the red/yellow boston 04........and onwards. :p sadly, some shows had NO poster....like irving plaza :(...italy, 1 poster for all 5 shows....but with 22 shows, probably GOOD that way. ha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    1 poster for all 5 shows....but with 22 shows, probably GOOD that way. ha.

Yeah can be good having just the one poster for more than one show..
    2003 Melb had 1 poster for the 3 nights, this time 2006 one poster for each of the 3 nights...
    Can be stressful worrying if u are going to get the poster for each night then theres the expense of framing each poster..
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,563
    AMES - CHICAGO 03
    chicago-03.jpg
    chicago-part.jpg

I like double frame

That frame looks great, especially with that artwork!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    VIC
    VIC.jpg
    -the frame is orange

OTTAWA 05
    OTTAWA-05.jpg

GORGE KLAUSEN 06
    GORGE-KLAUSEN-06.jpg

DREAMTIME - HAMPTON
    DREAMTIME.jpg

HAWAII blue print
    HAWAII-BLUE-PRINT.jpg

SANTA BARBARA 06
    SANTA-BARBARA-06.jpg
    just simple black, look nice

ATALANTA 03
    ATALANTA-03.jpg

BOSTON I 06
    BOSTON-I.jpg

SIDNEY
    SIDNEY.jpg

next frame to do is Borgata, Toronto/Klausen, Hawaii/Ames, I am done with ebay :D
  • Options
    VIC
    VIC.jpg
    -the frame is orange

OTTAWA 05
    OTTAWA-05.jpg

GORGE KLAUSEN 06
    GORGE-KLAUSEN-06.jpg

DREAMTIME - HAMPTON
    DREAMTIME.jpg

HAWAII blue print
    HAWAII-BLUE-PRINT.jpg

SANTA BARBARA 06
    SANTA-BARBARA-06.jpg

ATALANTA 03
    ATALANTA-03.jpg

BOSTON I 06
    BOSTON-I.jpg

SIDNEY
    SIDNEY.jpg

next frame to do is Borgata, Toronto/Klausen, Hawaii/Ames, I am done with ebay :D

Very nice collection you have there !
  • Options
    just went to the art supply store, is all foam core boards acid free?
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

• Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    inmyrvm wrote:
    just went to the art supply store, is all foam core boards acid free?

no they are not, acid free boards are slightly more expensive, and usually tend to be yellowish in color compared to regular foam core
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    nobody has a framed Katowice 2007 poster, or has seen one somewhere ?
    i'm looing for ideas on how to frame mine
  • Options
    VIC
    VIC.jpg
    -the frame is orange

OTTAWA 05
    OTTAWA-05.jpg

GORGE KLAUSEN 06
    GORGE-KLAUSEN-06.jpg

DREAMTIME - HAMPTON
    DREAMTIME.jpg

HAWAII blue print
    HAWAII-BLUE-PRINT.jpg

SANTA BARBARA 06
    SANTA-BARBARA-06.jpg

ATALANTA 03
    ATALANTA-03.jpg

BOSTON I 06
    BOSTON-I.jpg

SIDNEY
    SIDNEY.jpg

I love all your frame/poster jobs.....Being an Aussie Im very partial to the Sydney one..:p
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    I love all your frame/poster jobs.....Being an Aussie Im very partial to the Sydney one..:p

I love Aussie posters...I just don't get it why they don't get so much love here.

I just wonder if those print where done by Ames or Klausen how much would they worth??? More that DC??:D

Wait to see Perth, NewCastle and Sydney jar, my 3 favorites :)
  • Options
    I love Aussie posters...I just don't get it why they don't get so much love here.

I just wonder if those print where done by Ames or Klausen how much would they worth??? More that DC??:D

Yes, they made some nice posters for the Australian dates. I like the Adelaide one...
  • Options

Yeah besides the 3 Melb one that I purcahsed cos I went to the shows I also liked and purchased the Jam Jar Perth Ford Falcon GT and the Newcastle that I attended as well as the Melb shows....

I reckon the 3 Daymon Greulich ones are awesome....

Ive gotta get them framed...
  • Options
    schmoff wrote:
    no they are not, acid free boards are slightly more expensive, and usually tend to be yellowish in color compared to regular foam core

I've never seen yellowish foam core before. If anything is yellowed it's not acid free. Best way to tell is to touch it. If it has a slight rough texture to it, it is acid free. Slick and smooth? Not acid free.
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    I've never seen yellowish foam core before. If anything is yellowed it's not acid free. Best way to tell is to touch it. If it has a slight rough texture to it, it is acid free. Slick and smooth? Not acid free.

sorry to disagree but i'm an art director by trade with about 15 years experience and have always gotten my foam core from pearl paint in NYC, it is probably the best known art store in maybe the whole world, the acid free foam core they have is a slight beige off white color, maybe i should have not said yellowish but it is definetly off white, not a bright white, if you see them all linded up against each other the acid free is easily detectable, i do agree about the texture though
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    thank you both for the answers. the place i was at, the foam core they had didn't say if it was acid free, so i didn't know. but now i know to touch it.

• Options
    benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257

The lack of love stems not from the artists, but from the printing process. Most here feel that lithos pale in comparison to silkscreens, for a variety of reasons.
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    bazzer wrote:
    Anyone framed a 98 NZ (http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1615), I wouldn't mind seeing what others have done with it.
    It arrived, I'd like to get it framed this weekend. Can anyone help me out?
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,188
    I'll try this again... Has anyone framed the Italy '06 poster? If so, can you please post pictures or ideas? Thanks
  • Options