Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    deadendp said:

how do you upload pics? i wanna be able to start contributing.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/167134/uploading-a-picture-here#latest
    thank you!
  • Options
  • Options
    dammit!
  • Options
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    edited January 2017
    Are you uploading to photo bucket? Then copy it (tap the "i" in the circle) using "direct link" and paste in the image box

Reposting this to make sure I guided you correctly
    Post edited by shetellsherself on
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    thx!
  • Options
  • Options
    Yesssss thanks!
  • Options
    here are a few to start...haven't hung em yet!
  • Options
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437

Very sharp :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited January 2017

autograped by Iggy!

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    ^^ Very nice. BTW, I also framed up my TOTD flyer from night 1. That was really nice quality. I was impressed that they handed that out.
  • Options
    could be an afterthought kind of poster but a funky frame does a lot. definitely a special one for me
  • Options

• Options
    will post better pics when everything's hung up!
  • Options

will post better pics when everything's hung up!

I have those two to frame too. But they both have problems... the Sperry is so large that I need a bigger frame cutter. And 12x36 are a pain because you have to custom make a frame if you want any mats on them. I have several 12x36 posters and need to figure out what to do with them.
  • Options
    Yeah 12 x 36 are tough
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    Great job on all of those. I especially like the TOTD Philly posters since I have them and needed some ideas on what to do.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    I really love both of those TOTD prints
  • Options
    HollandHolland Posts: 73
    Is there a site out there that will let you play around with different mattes? I am heading into Michaels tonight and want an idea of what I like before I go in and frame The Catch poster.
  • Options
    Holland said:

Is there a site out there that will let you play around with different mattes? I am heading into Michaels tonight and want an idea of what I like before I go in and frame The Catch poster.

I usually use American Frame for that purpose. I forget which ones are the same as what Michael's carries, but it's the one with the most color options if that helps.
  • Options

Holland said:

I usually use American Frame for that purpose. I forget which ones are the same as what Michael's carries, but it's the one with the most color options if that helps.
    Thanks. I will try messing around with that.
  • Options
    Another quick question. While trying to match up mattes I seem to want to match a colour that is displayed on the print. For example I can not get away from trying to use a blue and/or red matte for The Catch and with my Worcester 1 poster I keep going back to orange and brown. Is this the way most people do their framing by trying to match and bring out colours that are already in the print?
  • Options
    Holland said:

Another quick question. While trying to match up mattes I seem to want to match a colour that is displayed on the print. For example I can not get away from trying to use a blue and/or red matte for The Catch and with my Worcester 1 poster I keep going back to orange and brown. Is this the way most people do their framing by trying to match and bring out colours that are already in the print?

That's what I do.. try to draw colors out. I'm not sure a real artist would do that or not though.
  • Options
    Holland said:

A bit of advice that I recently learned is that a good starting point is to use the same or a similar color to the main focus of the print. So if the letters 'Pearl Jam' are in a light blue, start with a light blue and work from there.
  • Options

Holland said:

A bit of advice that I recently learned is that a good starting point is to use the same or a similar color to the main focus of the print. So if the letters 'Pearl Jam' are in a light blue, start with a light blue and work from there.
    I just followed this advice with The Catch and used brown as a matte. It really makes Pearl Jam pop out but not sure if I want to be so close to the Worcester matte. I am never going to decide haha.
  • Options
    Holland said:

Holland said:

I just followed this advice with The Catch and used brown as a matte. It really makes Pearl Jam pop out but not sure if I want to be so close to the Worcester matte. I am never going to decide haha.
    So I framed something with beige as the base and I didn't like it. I felt like it neutralized the whole piece, rather than making the colors pop. I ended up putting blue on top and I'm much happier. Your results may vary, but I just didn't like it when it was done. Here they are:

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Holland said:

Holland said:

So I framed something with beige as the base and I didn't like it. I felt like it neutralized the whole piece, rather than making the colors pop. I ended up putting blue on top and I'm much happier. Your results may vary, but I just didn't like it when it was done. Here they are:

I agree the blue does look better. Great job. I felt the same way with the brown for my print. I am now looking at doing a top matte of Bay blue and a bottom one of dark chocolate. It will still bring the brown out of the name but not overshadow the print. I am all set with my worcester print too. I am going with a tangerine orange on top and dark chocolate again for the bottom. Hopefully having 2 dark chocolate mattes look good side by side in the same room. If not I may split them up with Quebec in the middle.
  • Options
    Holland said:

mrussel1 said:

Holland said:

Holland said:

I agree the blue does look better. Great job. I felt the same way with the brown for my print. I am now looking at doing a top matte of Bay blue and a bottom one of dark chocolate. It will still bring the brown out of the name but not overshadow the print. I am all set with my worcester print too. I am going with a tangerine orange on top and dark chocolate again for the bottom. Hopefully having 2 dark chocolate mattes look good side by side in the same room. If not I may split them up with Quebec in the middle.
    Sounds good. Love to see Quebec when that's done too. I have that as well and need to figure out what to do. I really like the print though.