Options

LA people!! Hotel?

Comments

• Options
    Yes I am from Europe and no I don't work for motel 6
  • Options
    For those who are still looking for a cheap hotel in LA, I find a Motel 6 at around 50 bucks a single room, it's located at 0,4 miles from the Walk of Fame and 12 miles aways from the Wiltern, here you'll be sure to find europeans and if you never been to LA it's a good place you can put your hands in hands print star's on the sidewalk like you seen it on TV ! Just go on motel6.com and looks for hotel #4044

Hollywood Blvd is lame...
  • Options
    Hollyweird wrote:
    Hollywood Blvd is lame...

Is it supposing help people who are looking for an hotel ?
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Is it supposing help people who are looking for an hotel ?
    depends where. stay at the renaissance hotel!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options

RAMADA INN on Wilshire
    single $85+tax per night double $95+tax per night
    haven't read the rest of the thread but I stayed here a few years back and came on to this thread to recommend it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    i hear santa monica is lovely that time of year...
    It's perfect... that's when I was there, well early April and it was 8 years ago, weather was just beautiful. Hot enough to enjoy, not so hot that we couldn't function, just perfect.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    It's perfect... that's when I was there, well early April and it was 8 years ago, weather was just beautiful. Hot enough to enjoy, not so hot that we couldn't function, just perfect.

i think its time you cruise on out here again helen!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    its always ok to drive around L.A. just be careful like you would anywhere else youre not familiar with. Dont go to compton alone after dark though... :D
    I agree completely... we were two girls on our own, completely naive to any 'danger' and funny enough there was none. Obviously be as careful as you would anywhere else but don't be overly worried.

And yep if places are mentioned to avoid, avoid them! We ended up somewhere in the hood one night and that was seriously scary. I was pretty sure we weren't gonna get out of there alive :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I agree completely... we were two girls on our own, completely naive to any 'danger' and funny enough there was none. Obviously be as careful as you would anywhere else but don't be overly worried.

And yep if places are mentioned to avoid, avoid them! We ended up somewhere in the hood one night and that was seriously scary. I was pretty sure we weren't gonna get out of there alive :o

hahaha are u serious???? wow. but u know what? compton & like grape st/watts are not as badd as they were 5 years ago. Its great out here either way!

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i think its time you cruise on out here again helen!!!
    :o don't tempt me... seriously that holiday was magic... pure magic. We won it, and had to fly out the following day, stayed in the ramada in west hollywook and got to see the doors reunite in whiskey a go gos, this thread is making me feel a little sad :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    hahaha are u serious???? wow. but u know what? compton & like grape st/watts are not as badd as they were 5 years ago. Its great out here either way!
    Sorry :D that post was actually meant to make people feel better... somehow, lol... I kinda fucked it up a bit.

That was just ONE bad experience, there were threats, nothing happened! All in all we came out of there in one piece and it was a good story to come home with :D but other than that one experience we saw absolutely nothing to worry about... people were super friendly. Actually a guy working on reception in the ramada met us on his night off and showed us the neighbourhood... I stayed in touch with him and his roommate for a while too. They really made us feel at home and wanted us to have a good time (and no, nothing happened :D despite a LOT of begging on my part, lol)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :o don't tempt me... seriously that holiday was magic... pure magic. We won it, and had to fly out the following day, stayed in the ramada in west hollywook and got to see the doors reunite in whiskey a go gos, this thread is making me feel a little sad :o
    you were there for that?! incredible. dont be sadd just come back!!! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    you were there for that?! incredible. dont be sadd just come back!!! :D
    I was... but I was 19, knew nothing about the doors or why we were there, just that we got a free holiday... so I took FULL advantage of all the free drink once we got our VIP pass (the manageress was nice and didn't ask my age when she stamped my hand :D )... and I remember fuck all about the night apart from falling off my high stool and my shoes going flying :o )
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,576
    This thread is hilarious.

Here's the thing though. For you people coming from so far away... why stay at a cheap hotel to save like $100? You're already spending so much flying out here, right? Why not stay somewhere kind of nicer? And remember, you get like $2 for a Euro now. It's like play money for you Europeans.

But I guess that's just me... I just want everyone's LA experience to be the best it can be.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    PLEASE NOTE--in order to get a group rate, we need 10+ rooms...

The Best Western on Sunset only has king-bed rooms available and they're about $172+tax per night.

Embassy Suites at LAX is about $129+tax/night.

*Holiday Inn at LAX is about $99+tax

*COMFORT INN on West Sunset has 13 rooms available for our dates, 6 non-smoking/7 smoking... About 3.5 miles from Wiltern $79+tax for 1-2 people, $10 per night extra person charge...

HILTON at LAX
    $105+tax per night

Doubletree at LAX about $93+tax/night

If you stay anywhere near LAX your gonna spend more on gas and cabs. Spend the money and stay in West L.A, Hollywood, or West Hollywood. You will have a much better LA experience. There are a few small backpacker hotels in Marina Del Rey and Hostels near Venice Beach. This would be a more enjoyable L.A. experience. Seriously, you don't want to ride the LA buses. Totally impractical.
  • Options

Here's the thing though. For you people coming from so far away... why stay at a cheap hotel to save like $100? You're already spending so much flying out here, right? Why not stay somewhere kind of nicer? And remember, you get like $2 for a Euro now. It's like play money for you Europeans.

But I guess that's just me... I just want everyone's LA experience to be the best it can be.

I just spent three weeks in Europe getting sodomized by the Euro. You Europeans should be able to rock it out here in L.A. Go with the W in Westwood or the Standard in Hollywood! Do it right! You only live once. If you seriously wanna rock it out do the Hollywood Roosevelt.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    Hollyweird wrote:
    If you stay anywhere near LAX your gonna spend more on gas and cabs. Spend the money and stay in West L.A, Hollywood, or West Hollywood. You will have a much better LA experience. There are a few small backpacker hotels in Marina Del Rey and Hostels near Venice Beach. This would be a more enjoyable L.A. experience. Seriously, you don't want to ride the LA buses. Totally impractical.

I agree......stay somewhere where you can walk around, etc. The only thing near LAX is TacoBell, Carl's Jr. and a nudie bar!

If you have the dough, stay in a nice place!
  • Options
    Don't know much about hotel rates in hollywood or sunset area...
    but there's alot of motels for 30 bucks/ 3 hour rate... hehehe! yah know!? short time??
    I'm sorry I''m not much of a help here..
    "I had a false belief
    I thought I came here to stay
    We're all just visiting
    All just breaking like waves.."

07/09/06
    07/10/06
    07/15/06
  • Options
    j3trowkill wrote:
    but there's alot of motels for 30 bucks/ 3 hour rate... hehehe! yah know!? short time??

TMI dude
  • Options
    j3trowkill wrote:

TMI dude
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I agree......stay somewhere where you can walk around, etc. The only thing near LAX is TacoBell, Carl's Jr. and a nudie bar!

If you have the dough, stay in a nice place!
    you people really don't know the europeans very well :D . They will get the cheapest possible flight, obviously, but that money HAS to be spent to get there... once you're there, ya can save money on hotels and stuff... they're not all millionaires but they will MAKE it work by saving on stuff like that. If we stayed in nice hotels for every trip, that would be ONE flight we can't afford :o . Although, I think one night there may have been 8 of us in our hard rock hotel room in chicago :D . A nicer hotel does not necessarily mean more fun.. we spend fuck all time there anyway and usually by the time we get to bed, we'd be happy sleeping on a fucking rock :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meistereder

I just spent three weeks in Europe getting sodomized by the Euro. You Europeans should be able to rock it out here in L.A. Go with the W in Westwood or the Standard in Hollywood! Do it right! You only live once. If you seriously wanna rock it out do the Hollywood Roosevelt.

Euro is not the only money in Europe, and I don't give a fuck at the standard class of my hotel, I am staying just to sleep, don't care about a view on a mc donald or a taco bell the same shit anyway, and I still looking for a ticket for the LA 1
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    OK. It looks like a bunch of people are game for the Ramada, right near the venue...so I'm going to go with that. I'll put a block of 10 rooms for now....if we need to add to it that should be fine.

If there are enough people interested in another hotel, we can try and get a group for that too.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    im going with Ramada as well...it's close to venue and pre-party...makes it easy, just gonna cab it to sunset after the shows.
  • Options
    RAMADA INN on WILSHIRE

I've got a block of 10 rooms for April 12 and 13. We can add rooms if needed. And, if you need a room for April 11, please let me know, as there are a couple of people who need the extra night.

Also, if you are travelling solo would like to share a room with someone, let me know and I'll try and arrange it.

DOUBLE BED $95+tax/night

• Options
    RAMADA INN on WILSHIRE

I've got a block of 10 rooms for April 12 and 13. We can add rooms if needed. And, if you need a room for April 11, please let me know, as there are a couple of people who need the extra night.

Also, if you are travelling solo would like to share a room with someone, let me know and I'll try and arrange it.

DOUBLE BED $95+tax/night

Sounds good! Please count us in for the 12th. (PM sent.)
  • Options
    bump.

• Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    I already booked a room there for the 11th, 12th, and 13th.. I called and they said I could add it to the group once you set it up.. I may be looking to share the room with someone since I am going solo.. If anyone wants to split the cost, let me know..
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    I already booked a room there for the 11th, 12th, and 13th.. I called and they said I could add it to the group once you set it up.. I may be looking to share the room with someone since I am going solo.. If anyone wants to split the cost, let me know..

Booked a room where? Is it set up?
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    jambayleaf wrote:
    Booked a room where? Is it set up?

At the Ramada by the venue on Wilshire.. There is going to be a large group of 10c members staying there..
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..