Options

LA people!! Hotel?

Comments

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    danielladb wrote:
    Pearlgirl, can I be part of the group?. I am not sure if I´ll get tickets tomorrow, but I was planning to go to LA anyway...
    That would be my 1st. time in LA, and I´ll probably rent a car alone...so, 4 people can come along for the show

that is really nice of you to offer to drive people to the show! :)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    SENROCK! wrote:
    that is really nice of you to offer to drive people to the show! :)

agreed. And I think a few people are renting cars, so maybe we can all spread the loooove....If I don't stay with the group, I might be able to pick peoples up too.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    Have you checked on the hourly group rates at the No-tell Mo-tel?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Have you checked on the hourly group rates at the No-tell Mo-tel?

i knew I forgot one :-) you mean you don't know the hourly rate?

JUST AN UPDATE:
    I have requests into the Best Western on Sunset and the Ramada on Wilshire...as soon as I hear back, I'll post the info.

• Options
    Sunset sounds like a better area to me, from all the info I've gathered. Keep us posted!
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    I need help navigating the area. I havent made any arrangements yet, so you can count me in on the group.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    I'm in for sunset
    or nearby hostel
    i knew I forgot one :-) you mean you don't know the hourly rate?

JUST AN UPDATE:
    I have requests into the Best Western on Sunset and the Ramada on Wilshire...as soon as I hear back, I'll post the info.
  • Options
    The Ramada on Wilshire only gives a $10 discount per room for groups:

single $85+tax per night
    double $95+tax per night

• Options
    Count me in, i added to the list
    POSSIBLE ROOMS:

JAMBAYLEAF
    SOLAT13
    NOCODE4
    KINGJEREMY
    McJuicy
    danielladb
    jaamfaan
    LeilaMoonTurtle
    Daniel
    EddiesMuse & sister

RAMADA INN
    single $85+tax per night
    double $95+tax per night
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    welcome aboard...

I hope to have more pricing and options by early next week...

• Options
    Thanks. I think my wife and I really want to be on Sunset. It would be cool to be with other PJ people, but if you all decide Wilshire, that's fine too. Just throwing out my opinion.
    You're batman!- George
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    there are a few more of us looking.... might stay at a LAX hotel and just rent a car/drive.... it's only like 10 miles away
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Please let me know where everyone will be.Booked my tix for flight today,but Ive left the hotel open.Coming in solo from N.Y..Thanx
  • Options
    The Ramada on Wilshire only gives a $10 discount per room for groups:

single $85+tax per night
    double $95+tax per night

The Ramada is only 1 mile from the theater so no car needed for those staying there. I would like a large group to walk with tho - LOL - my first time in LA and would like safety in numbers!!
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    im considering either the Ramada, right near the venue...or this place:

http://www.rodewayinn.com ( 7721 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA )

which seems good too, same cost, and kinda in between the sunset strip and the Wiltern

my first thought was just to do the Ramada, but so many have said the area isnt that great (and/or safe)...and after the shows i doubt we'd stay around there, prolly go out somewhere off sunset or something, so really no point in staying close if I'm gonna be cabbing it everywhere anyways

hmmm...
  • Options
    im considering either the Ramada, right near the venue...or this place:

http://www.rodewayinn.com ( 7721 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA )

which seems good too, same cost, and kinda in between the sunset strip and the Wiltern

my first thought was just to do the Ramada, but so many have said the area isnt that great (and/or safe)...and after the shows i doubt we'd stay around there, prolly go out somewhere off sunset or something, so really no point in staying close if I'm gonna be cabbing it everywhere anyways

hmmm...
    youre right, its close to everything. and its true, stay somewhere near places you wanna see. not just by the venue if ure here longer than 2 days!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    See next post:

• Options
    PLEASE NOTE--in order to get a group rate, we need 10+ rooms...

The Best Western on Sunset only has king-bed rooms available and they're about $172+tax per night.

Embassy Suites at LAX is about $129+tax/night.

*Holiday Inn at LAX is about $99+tax

*COMFORT INN on West Sunset has 13 rooms available for our dates, 6 non-smoking/7 smoking... About 3.5 miles from Wiltern $79+tax for 1-2 people, $10 per night extra person charge...

HILTON at LAX
    $105+tax per night

Doubletree at LAX about $93+tax/night

• Options
    Found this review of that Comfort Inn mentioned:

Previous reviews have said the neighbourhood is unsafe and I wouldn’t disagree with that, the area is a bit seedy but I went across the road to the small strip mall to do my laundry and didn’t feel unsafe. A little further west on Sunset Boulevard there is a trendy area called Silver Lake which has lots of nice restaurants and cafes. As with anywhere in Los Angeles you really do need a car and the hotel does have an underground parking area which unlike some other motels I have stayed at in Los Angeles had nice wide spaces, although it is advertised as secure parking the gate at the entrance was never closed from what I saw. The hotels address is West Sunset Boulevard, but it is located at the very eastern end of Sunset Boulevard close to downtown Los Angeles and staying here like practically anywhere in Los Angeles a car is required and the traffic is bad all the time so a short journey anywhere can take a long time.
    You're batman!- George
  • Options
    jambayleaf wrote:
    Found this review of that Comfort Inn mentioned:

Previous reviews have said the neighbourhood is unsafe and I wouldn’t disagree with that, the area is a bit seedy but I went across the road to the small strip mall to do my laundry and didn’t feel unsafe. A little further west on Sunset Boulevard there is a trendy area called Silver Lake which has lots of nice restaurants and cafes. As with anywhere in Los Angeles you really do need a car and the hotel does have an underground parking area which unlike some other motels I have stayed at in Los Angeles had nice wide spaces, although it is advertised as secure parking the gate at the entrance was never closed from what I saw. The hotels address is West Sunset Boulevard, but it is located at the very eastern end of Sunset Boulevard close to downtown Los Angeles and staying here like practically anywhere in Los Angeles a car is required and the traffic is bad all the time so a short journey anywhere can take a long time.

Living and working all over LA for 6 yrs (not living there now), a neighborhood scene can turn from swank to ghetto in 2 seconds just by driving down 2 streets. If you're a girl, traveling alone, don't take the public transport, it's generally not the safest route. Renting a car is the best way to go...I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Marina Del Rey for a decent price, safe area. Check out Ventura Blvd in the San Fernando Valley for some fun...great bars, restaurants, music (even Dave Grohl goes there). I personally don't like Culver City, Studio City is cool, anywhere in West Hollywood should be fine, N. Hollywood does get a bit kinky at night, dont' stay downtown unless you know the area...very confusing and please stay away from East LA.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,576
    Living and working all over LA for 6 yrs (not living there now), a neighborhood scene can turn from swank to ghetto in 2 seconds just by driving down 2 streets. If you're a girl, traveling alone, don't take the public transport, it's generally not the safest route. Renting a car is the best way to go...I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Marina Del Rey for a decent price, safe area. Check out Ventura Blvd in the San Fernando Valley for some fun...great bars, restaurants, music (even Dave Grohl goes there). I personally don't like Culver City, Studio City is cool, anywhere in West Hollywood should be fine, N. Hollywood does get a bit kinky at night, dont' stay downtown unless you know the area...very confusing and please stay away from East LA.

Agreed. As I have said, for you out-of-towners who do not know LA, do not just get a hotel that looks cheap and close to the venue. Find a place in the LA area that you want to visit -- beaches, Sunset strip, etc. Get the hotel then and I wouldn't take the buses, etc. LA is a weird town. You don't hang out in certain areas. You just don't. You may have to spend more money, but you'll be safe. And many parts of LA are just no fun to hang out in anyway. If it were me, I'd probably stay close to the water and rent a car. But that's just because that is where I would want to hang out. If you are intrigued by the Sunset or Hollywood scene, or if Universal Studios is your thing, then stay there.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,576
    Just as a follow up, I used to live in Marina del Rey and I think that would be a good place for people to stay who want to go to the show and have never been to LA before. It is (1) close to LAX; (2) right on the water; (3) close to major freeways; (4) next to Venice Beach. Lots of great places to eat in the area, safe, etc. Not right by the Wiltern, but again, just rent a car and drive. There, I said my piece.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    waupaca11waupaca11 los angeles Posts: 88
    To echo what others have said on here...

If you're already spending the coin for the trip, don't cheap out on a hotel. Like the guy above said, the Marina area has a lot of hotels and its nice there, as well as Santa Monica. I would suggest staying at the Hyatt (Riot House) on Sunset, the Standard Hollywood (the downtown one is cool too), the Mondrian on Sunset or even the Farmers Daughter on Fairfax. If there is a few of you in the room the cost shouldn't be that much more than anywhere else. With the listed places you're on Sunset, lots to see and do and you can have a fun Hollywood experience.
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 East Troy, Noblesville
    2000 Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernardino
    2003 Irvine, San Diego, East Troy
    2006 Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara
    2008 LA (Who Tribute)
    2009 LA3, San Diego
    2011 Eddie in Long Beach
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 LA1 & LA2, Milwaukee
    2016 FtL, Miami, Tampa, Jax
    2018 Seattle 2, Missoula
    2022 LA1 LA2 Fresno
    2023 Austin 1 Austin 2
    2024 LA1 LA2
  • Options
    waupaca11 wrote:

If you're already spending the coin for the trip, don't cheap out on a hotel. Like the guy above said, the Marina area has a lot of hotels and its nice there, as well as Santa Monica. I would suggest staying at the Hyatt (Riot House) on Sunset, the Standard Hollywood (the downtown one is cool too), the Mondrian on Sunset or even the Farmers Daughter on Fairfax. If there is a few of you in the room the cost shouldn't be that much more than anywhere else. With the listed places you're on Sunset, lots to see and do and you can have a fun Hollywood experience.

Thanks...I will look into the hotels you listed...
    The Hyatt West Hollywood is about $240 at the cheapest, before any group discounts, if available.
    The Mondrian is over $350 per night...
    Farmer's Daughter starts at about $185

FOR THOSE INTERESTED, I NEED AN IDEA OF WHAT YOU'RE ALL THINKING, SO WE CAN TRY AND NARROW THIS DOWN...

• Options

Hi PJ friend,
    It will be my 1st time in L.A, so if I rent a car and stay in a "safe" area, will it be ok to drive around L.A? I guess I´ve understood I should not go to East L.A...is there any other place I should avoid?
    Thanks,
    Daniella Duarte
    **Que Porra estávamos pensando?** EV São Paulo 03/12/05
  • Options
    waupaca11 wrote:

YES!!! the RIOT HOUSE!!!! :D

• Options
    danielladb wrote:
    Hi PJ friend,
    It will be my 1st time in L.A, so if I rent a car and stay in a "safe" area, will it be ok to drive around L.A? I guess I´ve understood I should not go to East L.A...is there any other place I should avoid?
    Thanks,
    its always ok to drive around L.A. just be careful like you would anywhere else youre not familiar with. Dont go to compton alone after dark though... :D

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    SENROCK! wrote:
    its always ok to drive around L.A. just be careful like you would anywhere else youre not familiar with. Dont go to compton alone after dark though... :D

daylight...nighttime...alone...with people...just don't go...;) :p
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    daylight...nighttime...alone...with people...just don't go...;) :p

hahahahaha thats freakin funny! :D
    my dadd used to have a church there and we'd have to leave before dark to avoid "trouble" :eek: i think grape st/watts is a bit more dangerous dont you? ohhhh the stories.

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    SENROCK! wrote:
    hahahahaha thats freakin funny! :D
    my dadd used to have a church there and we'd have to leave before dark to avoid "trouble" :eek: i think grape st/watts is a bit more dangerous dont you? ohhhh the stories.

the whole area is sketchy....wow i just had a flash memory....i went to the the rolling stones at the coliseum back in '89 and i parked in someone's backyard a couple blocks away.....i had come by myself and when i went to find my car it was dark and i couldn't quite remember which house it was....so here's dumbass walking into these backyards looking for my car....last time i ever did that when i go to the coliseum...:eek: :D:D