*** Ohana Festival 1 Fanviews Here 9.27.24 ***

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    Good show. Number 35 for me and last until…? Cool to get Whale Song. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,697
    Is Zack irons in a band ? 
    He's in Irontom. Good band 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,697
    The best part of Whale song is the outro solo which they didn't do unfortunately. 

Band sounded great. Habit was heavy as hell. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,152
    edited September 28
    Post edited by Sea on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • battle1battle1 Posts: 127
    edited September 28
    edited September 28
    Post edited by Sea on
  • battle1battle1 Posts: 127
    edited September 28
    edited September 28
    Post edited by Sea on
  • In 2021 I biked to and from the festival. Hope I didn’t offend anyone!

Great to see the positive reviews about the vibe and the other bands. Wish I was there this weekend. 

Driven to Tears with Sting tonight? 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,197
    edited September 28
    battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Cool setlist, and I always appreciate it when anyone, and especially any man, points out how men shoukd nit be fucking legislating womrn's health/abortion rights. Love it when Eddie speaks about it. Male feminists rock.
    Cominh from the Kingdom of Sweden it felt like standing in the middle of a twilight zone episode. As in it being even an issue/hot topic. Weird country. 

Also, why doesnt this country have street lights? Ran home for 70 min in pitch black darkness. And then I wasnt let in by the guard at the gated community Im staying in. Why does a country have gated communities.
    Sorry sir, but whats weird here is someone running 70 mins home from a festival.  Maybe in Sweden people just run around all day and night?
    Having a trail race later in October  (In the woods, but in a country with street lights). 

Thought I get some runs in (”transport runnig”) beforehand while being here. Haven’t had the chance in LA. And instesd of sitting snd waiying for an Uber at a Dunkin’ Donuts — beceause this is also a country that doesn’t seem to have any public transportation after 10pm (on a weekend). Which is also weird. 

Didn’t except the complete void of light. Haven’t seen it anywhere else. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Cool setlist, and I always appreciate it when anyone, and especially any man, points out how men shoukd nit be fucking legislating womrn's health/abortion rights. Love it when Eddie speaks about it. Male feminists rock.
    Cominh from the Kingdom of Sweden it felt like standing in the middle of a twilight zone episode. As in it being even an issue/hot topic. Weird country. 

Also, why doesnt this country have street lights? Ran home for 70 min in pitch black darkness. And then I wasnt let in by the guard at the gated community Im staying in. Why does a country have gated communities.
    Sorry sir, but whats weird here is someone running 70 mins home from a festival.  Maybe in Sweden people just run around all day and night?
    Having a trail race later in October  (In the woods, but in a country with street lights). 

Thought I get some runs in (”transport runnig”) beforehand while being here. Haven’t had the chance in LA. And instesd of sitting snd waiying for an Uber at a Dunkin’ Donuts — beceause this is also a country that doesn’t seem to have any public transportation after 10pm (on a weekend). Which is also weird. 

Dude, u gotta stop. Stop poking the bear and making comments to piss people off. Just discuss the show. No one cares about anything you have to share outside of your thoughts on the show in this thread. Your whole goal on here is to cause trouble, we are asking you to stop. Just discuss the show . Thank you, the entire Ten Club . 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,197
    edited September 28
    battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Dude, u gotta stop. Stop poking the bear and making comments to piss people off. Just discuss the show. No one cares about anything you have to share outside of your thoughts on the show in this thread. Your whole goal on here is to cause trouble, we are asking you to stop. Just discuss the show . Thank you, the entire Ten Club . 
    The show was great. Eddie is sounding so damn strong this year. Compares to some earlier tours. 

My favorite number was Got Some. Super cool to get to hear it again! REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS A STAPLE?

Two best moments was I Got You and Throw Your Arms
    Around me from the Crowded House set though. 

Oh, and Whale Song sounded great live (no joke). And the best Habit I have heard. And I walked by this earlier in the day:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Ohana is always great but PJ on Friday night is an absolute dream.  The band sounds better every time I see them. An interesting setlist for sure. Loved Habit actually.  I don’t think I’ve seen them perform it before.  My buddy was seeing them for the first time and went nuts with the crowd singing Alive.  Mike was absolutely shredding last night.  Best Evenflow and best Porch that I can remember.  Can’t wait for Sunday night!!  
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    Vegas - 93 / Vegas - 06 / Berkeley (Eddie) - 08 / LA - 09 / SD - 09 / Santa Barbara (Eddie) - 11 / LA - 13 / Dana Point (Eddie - Ohana) - 17 / Boston Sept 2 and 4 - 18 / Ohana 18 / Ohana 19
  • Played Future Days! That was our wedding song last November and this was her first Pearl Jam concert! I was in tears, just blown away.
    Smile for Mom
    2018 - Prague, Krakow, Seattle 2
  • Show #32 for me and I was extremely impressed. Ohana is one of my favorite weekends of the year and I was basically expecting a greatest hits/Dark Matter set with maybe 1 rare song. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Sometimes, Got Some, Amongst the Waves, Habit with Liam, Future Days (for Ellie and Joel LOL), Whoever Said, Leaving Here and then WHALE SONG!

Just when I was semi souring on the band for the rather basic shorter setlists from this tour they go and prove me wrong and show why they’re the best band on Earth. Beautiful festival and since they played all those soundchecked songs looking forward to Oceans, Love Boat Captain and Big Wave Sunday night!
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
  • I see before me, a sea of amazing people all wanting the same thing: to be loved, respected and to watch their favorite band on this planet who generously makes them feel complex, beautiful emotions that sometimes cannot be articulated. 
  • Magic_NYC said:
    I see before me, a sea of amazing people all wanting the same thing: to be loved, respected and to watch their favorite band on this planet who generously makes them feel complex, beautiful emotions that sometimes cannot be articulated. 
    Great pic
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,017
    edited September 28
    Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
    Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. Please take personal arguments off the forum. Thank you

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765

This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

how on EARTH does any of his posts in thread piss people off? he was talking about his experience of the show and post show, and then responding to someone ELSE mocking his choice of transport back to his lodging. Stop getting all pissy pants on everything here all the time, and you don't speak for the entire club. far from it. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

how on EARTH does any of his posts in thread piss people off? he was talking about his experience of the show and post show, and then responding to someone ELSE mocking his choice of transport back to his lodging. Stop getting all pissy pants on everything here all the time, and you don't speak for the entire club. far from it. 
     Please stick to only posting feedback on the show. The entire Ten Club agrees, I don’t care for your feedback or want to hear it. That Chaos guy is just here to cause problems. It’s over, now go away. Thanks , the entire Ten Club. 
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Posts: 2,646

Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Absolutely incredible show, great mix of songs and both Ed and the band sounded brilliant. I’ll always listen to Ed between songs, cracked me up a few times between the big head 60th birthday and the dude who wanted to drum on spin the black circle. 
    First time for me hearing Dark Matter songs, I thought they all sounded incredible and the imagery played on the screens was breathtaking especially the wave crashing at the end of wreckage. 
    Other personal highlights for me was certainly Ed joining Crowded House for Throw your arms around me (God I love that song) and I got you. 
    Evenflow and Porch were intense, Who ever said sounded great and Amongst the waves was beautiful.
    When Ed introduced Liam Finn it was safe to say they would play Habit. Liam brings so much to that song I think he amps everyone up a bit. Following it up with Leaving Here was incredible.
    The entire encore I felt was off the charts. Eddie singing Future Days was stunning. And then his conversation about multiple shows, wanting to hear one song, some people call it a white whale and then the introduction of Zack Irons led to the shocking realization Holy Fucking Fuck, they are going to play The Whale Song, and they didn’t fuck around, they played it with intention and it was incredible.
    Alive and a super fun RITFW, with so many people on stage, young guys and girl on Stone’s side were rocking HARD and brought fantastic energy to the stage. Last second add YL for a beautiful finish. 
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,032
    Watched from the palm trees section, will get down the front tomorrow for better vibes I think. Great show, really fun set.
    Nature drunk and High
  • devonfzdevonfz Posts: 175
    Not bad… got some and amongst the waves rocked so did habit so did leaving here… wreckage was not good does anyone like the song? Saw one guy rocking out to it.. encore future days and whale nice… can’t wait for Sunday… please no repeats!
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,007
    Is that a Gibson J 200 eddie playing there.. what a guitar. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,375
    edited September 28
    battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

How is the late-night public transit 75 miles outside of Stockholm or Malmo? You were in a beach town far from the urban center. This is not a "country" without public transportation. All of our urban areas have public transportation.

Regarding the show, I loved the eclecticism of the set. It's amazing that a band that I've seen 81 times can bust out a song from their catalog that they've never played before, and it's the second time this year they've done something similar. I think there were five songs There were six songs played last night that were not among the 98 songs I saw at the ten shows I attended this spring. "Who Ever Said" was such a pleasant surprise. It was so unexpected that I mistook it for "Lightning Bolt" until about two seconds before the vocals. It brought back the memory of seeing it for the first time at Ohana in 2021, albeit from the other side of the stage. "Habit" might be my least favorite Pearl Jam song, but it was very energetic and I enjoyed more than I would have expected. The Dark Matter songs continue to stand out, although "Waiting for Stevie" sounded out of tune from where I was standing. There were quite a few people streaming past me to the concession stands or bathrooms during that song and also "Leaving Here." "Amongst the Waves" was especially fitting not only by the ocean but also under the open sky with the marine layer present. "I can see the light/Coming through the clouds in rays"-- I looked up and I could see it. The woman next to me commented about how much she loved hearing "Wreckage," and I concurred. "Future Days" has a special resonance for me at this specific moment in my life and it was really poignant to hear it.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,375
    Also, when Irons fil came out, I thought, "Jack Irons' son is Josh Groban?!" Strong resemblance.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,659
    Ohana is the only festival I'll attend because it's such a favorite of all the performers, and it shows in their performances. 
    Devo blew me away... so much fun dancing in front of Tiki Stage. Maren Morris so talented... and of course CH amazing. PJ always loose at Ohana. Leaving Here... Amongst Waves... Future Days standouts. But the real hero was Mike... fire. 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,174
    Interesting set, being an observer from a far away land it was certainly not what I was expecting. Sounds like it was a blast though and it’s great to hear Ed and the band sounded great. Looking forward to following tomorrow, Australia time. Bring on the NZ and Oz leg in November! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14