*** Ohana Festival 1 Fanviews Here 9.27.24 ***

13»

Comments

• MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,519
    battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Cool setlist, and I always appreciate it when anyone, and especially any man, points out how men shoukd nit be fucking legislating womrn's health/abortion rights. Love it when Eddie speaks about it. Male feminists rock.
    Cominh from the Kingdom of Sweden it felt like standing in the middle of a twilight zone episode. As in it being even an issue/hot topic. Weird country. 

Also, why doesnt this country have street lights? Ran home for 70 min in pitch black darkness. And then I wasnt let in by the guard at the gated community Im staying in. Why does a country have gated communities.
    Sorry sir, but whats weird here is someone running 70 mins home from a festival.  Maybe in Sweden people just run around all day and night?
    Having a trail race later in October  (In the woods, but in a country with street lights). 

Thought I get some runs in (”transport runnig”) beforehand while being here. Haven’t had the chance in LA. And instesd of sitting snd waiying for an Uber at a Dunkin’ Donuts — beceause this is also a country that doesn’t seem to have any public transportation after 10pm (on a weekend). Which is also weird. 

Didn’t except the complete void of light. Haven’t seen it anywhere else. 
    Dude, u gotta stop. Stop poking the bear and making comments to piss people off. Just discuss the show. No one cares about anything you have to share outside of your thoughts on the show in this thread. Your whole goal on here is to cause trouble, we are asking you to stop. Just discuss the show . Thank you, the entire Ten Club . 
    how on EARTH does any of his posts in thread piss people off? he was talking about his experience of the show and post show, and then responding to someone ELSE mocking his choice of transport back to his lodging. Stop getting all pissy pants on everything here all the time, and you don't speak for the entire club. far from it. 
     Please stick to only posting feedback on the show. The entire Ten Club agrees, I don’t care for your feedback or want to hear it. That Chaos guy is just here to cause problems. It’s over, now go away. Thanks , the entire Ten Club. 

ill be with hugh on this one ;)
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 447
    battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Cool setlist, and I always appreciate it when anyone, and especially any man, points out how men shoukd nit be fucking legislating womrn's health/abortion rights. Love it when Eddie speaks about it. Male feminists rock.
    Cominh from the Kingdom of Sweden it felt like standing in the middle of a twilight zone episode. As in it being even an issue/hot topic. Weird country. 

Also, why doesnt this country have street lights? Ran home for 70 min in pitch black darkness. And then I wasnt let in by the guard at the gated community Im staying in. Why does a country have gated communities.
    Sorry sir, but whats weird here is someone running 70 mins home from a festival.  Maybe in Sweden people just run around all day and night?
    Having a trail race later in October  (In the woods, but in a country with street lights). 

Thought I get some runs in (”transport runnig”) beforehand while being here. Haven’t had the chance in LA. And instesd of sitting snd waiying for an Uber at a Dunkin’ Donuts — beceause this is also a country that doesn’t seem to have any public transportation after 10pm (on a weekend). Which is also weird. 

Dude, u gotta stop. Stop poking the bear and making comments to piss people off. Just discuss the show. No one cares about anything you have to share outside of your thoughts on the show in this thread. Your whole goal on here is to cause trouble, we are asking you to stop. Just discuss the show . Thank you, the entire Ten Club . 
    how on EARTH does any of his posts in thread piss people off? he was talking about his experience of the show and post show, and then responding to someone ELSE mocking his choice of transport back to his lodging. Stop getting all pissy pants on everything here all the time, and you don't speak for the entire club. far from it. 

As usual, the AMTers act like children and ruin everything.
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2 , 9/15 Fenway 1, 9/17 Fenway 2
  • Malroth said:
    battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Please stick to only posting feedback on the show. The entire Ten Club agrees, I don’t care for your feedback or want to hear it. That Chaos guy is just here to cause problems. It’s over, now go away. Thanks , the entire Ten Club. 

ill be with hugh on this one ;)
    Same
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,856
    You know what they say about assumptions.   

Show was fun. Pretty standard.  Definitely a different when close to stage and watching much farther back.
  • Hi all. I would love to hear some in-depth fan views on the overall festival itself. The set-up of the stages, logistics of getting around, is it well organized or a clusterF, sound quality, are you actually on sand on the beach, typical weather, etc. Thanks.  The overall lineup was pretty strong this year. Considering making the trip next year.  From some of the comments it seems like a cool vibe. 

Still riding a high from the 4 Philly/NYC/Baltimore shows I saw this September! Hoping for one or two additional Dark Matter tour legs in 2025!
    1998 (2): Washington DC - Tibetan Freedom Fest 6/14 and Camden NJ night 2 on 8/29; 2003 (1): Camden NJ night 1 on 7/5; 2004 (1): Reading PA 10/1; 2005 (1): Philly 10/3; 2006 (1): Camden NJ night 2 on 5/28; 2008 (2): Camden NJ nights 1 and 2 on 6/19 and 6/20; 2009 (3): Philly Spectrum shows nights 1, 3, and 4 on 10/27, 10/30, and 10/31; 2012 (1):  Philly MIA Festival 9/2; 2013 (2): Philly nights 1 and 2 on 10/21 and 10/22; 2016 (4): Philly nights 1 and 2 on 4/28 and 4/29; Boston - Fenway Park nights 1 and 2 on 8/5 and 8/7; 2018 (3): London UK 6/18 and Boston - Fenway Park nights 1 and 2 on 9/2 and 9/4; 2022 (1): Camden NJ 9/14; 2023 (2): Austin TX nights 1 and 2 on 9/18 and 9/19; 2024 (4) New York MSG night 2 on 9/4; Philly nights 1 and 2 on 9/7 and 9/9; Baltimore MD 9/12. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,659
    CB197348 said:
    Hi all. I would love to hear some in-depth fan views on the overall festival itself. The set-up of the stages, logistics of getting around, is it well organized or a clusterF, sound quality, are you actually on sand on the beach, typical weather, etc. Thanks.  The overall lineup was pretty strong this year. Considering making the trip next year.  From some of the comments it seems like a cool vibe. 

Still riding a high from the 4 Philly/NYC/Baltimore shows I saw this September! Hoping for one or two additional Dark Matter tour legs in 2025!
    I've been to every Ohana and it hasn't changed much. Just the sound getting better. Very well organized and this year lots of people picking up trash during performances which is appreciated!
    There are lots of volunteers... sound in bleachers great but I only use them sporadically. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,697
    Sound is good. I like the facilities. There was a lot of confusion over my parking pass as they didn't email it to me but the guys let me in based on the email. I can't do without the parking pass going forward... Holy shit how convenient 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • RedMosquitoSmile28RedMosquitoSmile28 Posts: 380
    edited September 30
    CB197348 said:
    Hi all. I would love to hear some in-depth fan views on the overall festival itself. The set-up of the stages, logistics of getting around, is it well organized or a clusterF, sound quality, are you actually on sand on the beach, typical weather, etc. Thanks.  The overall lineup was pretty strong this year. Considering making the trip next year.  From some of the comments it seems like a cool vibe. 

The stages are right next to each other and they alternate acts. Sometimes the next stage starts as soon as the other ends, sometimes there's about a 10 minutes break. You can see both stages from many vantage points. Most of the viewing areas are on grass but there are some sandy areas. There are also bleachers where everything is very clear and not far away.

The VIP section is on one end close to the main stage, most the other venders, food, art, the story tellers, bathrooms are on the other end. It is very easy to get around, but with big headliners it will get crowded later and time to find a spot. Everything runs pretty smooth and it has always been laid back.

Sound has been good, especially for the main stage. I thought it was wonky at times for the smaller stage this year, but that could be my bad ears from too many shows.

Weather is generally really nice, but has been hot or rain. This year it was sunny but mostly in the 60s and cool at night, sweatshirt after sundown was definitely needed. It's a fantastic festival. One of my favorite things to do at this point. Great vibe, great area, fun to be on the beach.
    Post edited by RedMosquitoSmile28 on
  • littleiilittleii Posts: 76
    edited October 18
    Another great PJ show
    Post edited by littleii on
    if nothing is everything......
  • CB197348CB197348 Posts: 7
    Greatly appreciate the details on the Ohana set-up to those of you that responded to my question. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!  Seems like a pretty perfect set-up. I look forward to making this trip down the road.   
    1998 (2): Washington DC - Tibetan Freedom Fest 6/14 and Camden NJ night 2 on 8/29; 2003 (1): Camden NJ night 1 on 7/5; 2004 (1): Reading PA 10/1; 2005 (1): Philly 10/3; 2006 (1): Camden NJ night 2 on 5/28; 2008 (2): Camden NJ nights 1 and 2 on 6/19 and 6/20; 2009 (3): Philly Spectrum shows nights 1, 3, and 4 on 10/27, 10/30, and 10/31; 2012 (1):  Philly MIA Festival 9/2; 2013 (2): Philly nights 1 and 2 on 10/21 and 10/22; 2016 (4): Philly nights 1 and 2 on 4/28 and 4/29; Boston - Fenway Park nights 1 and 2 on 8/5 and 8/7; 2018 (3): London UK 6/18 and Boston - Fenway Park nights 1 and 2 on 9/2 and 9/4; 2022 (1): Camden NJ 9/14; 2023 (2): Austin TX nights 1 and 2 on 9/18 and 9/19; 2024 (4) New York MSG night 2 on 9/4; Philly nights 1 and 2 on 9/7 and 9/9; Baltimore MD 9/12.