*** Ohana Festival 1 Fanviews Here 9.27.24 ***

SeaSea Posts: 3,017
edited September 28 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Ohana Festival 09/27/24
Show One
Set List

Walk On Music
Onstage 8:30
Offstage 10:32

Set List

01. Low Light
02. Sometimes
03. Corduroy
04. Got Some
05. Scared Of Fear
06. Dark Matter
07. Daughter/Beautiful World-(Casále, Mothersbaugh) Devo cover tag
08. Even Flow
09. Wreckage
10. Who Ever Said/(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction-(Jagger, Richards)
11.  Amongst The Waves
{Ed sings a little of Modern Girl by Sleater Kinney while waiting for the all clear on a crowd incident}
12. Waiting For Stevie
13. Habit w/ Liam Finn (guitar and BG vocals)
(Ed talks about voting rights, planned parenthood and men shouldn’t have anything to say about women’s health)
14. Leaving Here-(Holland, Holland, Dozier)
15. Porch

Encore Break
(Dedicated Joel and Ellie and anybody else who wants it)
16. Future Days
17. Whale Song (live debut) w/ Zach Irons
18. Do The Evolution
19. Alive
20. Rocking In The Free World-(Young) w/ members of Crowded House, Zach Irons and more)
21. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• SP96445SP96445 Posts: 215
    Best Amongst the Waves I have ever heard (by a lot)
  • Never would I have thought I’d  hear Whale Song. 
  • Whale Song > Sweet Lou
  • And Whale Song sounded really f’in good! Sometimes is always a standout for me. I agree, Amongst The Waves sounded fantastic. Acoustic Future Days was great and Ed started out Porch acapella which I really enjoyed for a change of pace. IMO, Waiting For Stevie really hits. I hope people don’t complain about how many songs they played. It was a killer show by all measure and they sounded amazing as always. First time for Whale Song! C’mon! Shout out to Marty and Jeanette from Chicago who were really cool to be near during the show. See you on Sunday. 
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 513
    Whale Song > Sweet Lou
    Much better than Sweet Lou!

60th show tonight overall, 7th this year. Gorgeous night at the beach. Obviously a different type of vibe than most shows. A compact, very interesting set list. Was it the best show I ever saw? No. Was it tremendously fun? Absolutely. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,904
    edited September 28
    Cool setlist, and I always appreciate it when anyone, and especially any man, points out how men shoukd nit be fucking legislating womrn's health/abortion rights. Love it when Eddie speaks about it. Male feminists rock.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Cool setlist, and I always appreciate it when anyone, and especially any man, points out how men shoukd nit be fucking legislating womrn's health/abortion rights. Love it when Eddie speaks about it. Male feminists rock.
    Cominh from the Kingdom of Sweden it felt like standing in the middle of a twilight zone episode. As in it being even an issue/hot topic. Weird country. 

Also, why doesnt this country have street lights? Ran home for 70 min in pitch black darkness. And then I wasnt let in by the guard at the gated community Im staying in. Why does a country have gated communities.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,547
    edited September 28
    PJ_Soul said:
    Cominh from the Kingdom of Sweden it felt like standing in the middle of a twilight zone episode. As in it being even an issue/hot topic. Weird country. 

Also, why doesnt this country have street lights? Ran home for 70 min in pitch black darkness. And then I wasnt let in by the guard at the gated community Im staying in. Why does a country have gated communities.
    Guns. And to keep the poor out and the rich in
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Great show by the way. Eddie sounded great! 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_Soul said:

Guns. And to keep the poor out and the rich in
    Haha.  Yeah.
    If you stay in Southern CA a while longer, and explore different neighborhoods,  you will see why.  Thankfully you were in the area you were in, going miles in the dark.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,263
    Great fanviews! Show sounds awesome.
  • battle1battle1 Posts: 127
    Great show by the way. Eddie sounded great! 
    Took the time in your fanviews to complain about America.  Go figure. 
    PJ_Soul said:

Sorry sir, but whats weird here is someone running 70 mins home from a festival.  Maybe in Sweden people just run around all day and night?
  • Why does Live Footsteps show that they opened with Can't Keep??
  • battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Sorry sir, but whats weird here is someone running 70 mins home from a festival.  Maybe in Sweden people just run around all day and night?
    Imagine trying to exercise-shame someone. Doesn’t get much more American thsn that. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Why so sensitive?
    America has a lot to be critical of, these days.  Street lights missing and governmental body control are not the craziest things to comment on for a visitor.

The band talks far more shit on the people here than a traveling fan.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,349
    psubsb12 said:
    Why does Live Footsteps show that they opened with Can't Keep??
    I saw a clip of Eddie doing it solo which I assume was earlier in the day. Maybe that’s why. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
    battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Imagine trying to exercise-shame someone. Doesn’t get much more American thsn that. 
    I actually laughed out loud at this comment.  Thank you for the morning chuckle. 
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    This was my 30th show, and an amazing one at that. Third time seeing them this year, and this was definitely my favorite so far. 30 shows in and got Sometimes, Stevie, Leaving Here, Future Days and obviously Whale Song for first time. Plus first time seeing Throw Your Arms Around Me. Such an amazing beautiful evening on the beach! 
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,926
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Highlights from the last 35 years in modern history:

1. Jack Irons introduces Ed to Stone and Jeff;
    2. Ed joins the band and Pearl Jam is born;
    3. Zach Irons plays Whale Song with Pearl Jam;
    4. Whale Song is never played again 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• potnikpotnik Posts: 461
    edited September 28
    psubsb12 said:
    Why does Live Footsteps show that they opened with Can't Keep??
    Eddie came out to kick the festival off with Can’t Keep. That is where my day started on the side stage with Makua Rothman, they were super fun. Knew we wouldn’t have a chance at getting up front at the Ohana stage so took our chances of the Tiki Stage.

My Daughter made a poster and a letter for the band and was hoping that Eddie may kick the festival off on the Tiki Stage or see him in The Cove like we were fortunate enough to have happened last year. 

Eddie and Olivia were side stage for Makua most of the set.

Images of Quinn’s poster.

As for the Pearl Jam set it is also special to be able to see them and next to the Ocean is different. Highlights were Daughter (Quinn’s favorite), Amongst the Waves, and a super fun version of Leaving Here.

Low point was no Oceans, Quinn was certain he saw the poster, but we have Sunday. I also let her know requests can’t all be fulfilled, though it was so amazing how the people around her on the Tiki Stage interacted and congratulated her on the poster. 

Thanks for those that are listening/reading, I’ll end it with a quote from Quinn’s letter.

“I look forward to Ohana every year.” - Quinn

The memories I have had with this band are amazing, but to be able to extend to my family is priceless. 

Thank you, Pearl Jam and the extended Jamily

jeremy
    Post edited by potnik on
  • Had the whole family at the show tonight. An excellent evening of music with my favorite people in the world.

Had Lost Dogs on in the car driving down from NorCal. What a treat to hear Whale Song and Leaving Here! Sometimes and Amongst the Waves, too.

See ya Sunday 
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 | Los Angeles, CA 11-23-2013 | Oakland, CA 11-26-2013 | St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014 | Bridge School 10-25-2014 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL 04-08-2016 | Miami, FL 04-09-2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/11/2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/12/2016 | Seattle, WA 08-08-2018 | Seattle, WA 08-10-2018 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-24-2021 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-25-2021 | Ohana 09-26-2021 | Los Angeles, CA 05-06-2022 | Los Angeles, CA 05-07-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-12-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-13-2022 | Austin, TX 09-18-2023 | Austin, TX 09-19-2023 Next: Sacramento, CA 05-13-2024 | Las Vegas, NV 05-16-2024 | Las Vegas, NV 05-18-2024 | Los Angeles, CA 05-21-2024 | Los Angeles, CA 05-22-2024
  • battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Why so sensitive?
    America has a lot to be critical of, these days.  Street lights missing and governmental body control are not the craziest things to comment on for a visitor.

The band talks far more shit on the people here than a traveling fan.
    The band talks more shit on the people here? wtf are you talking about? I’m never shocked about the uneducated comments on here. I just laugh. We all do. Also a country and city are different, tell your buddy. I hope this country can fix the missing street light issue. Lmao. Unbelievable. 
  • Stick to fanviews of the concert, people.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,375
    I would have thought the Swede would be more conscious of the fact that excessive light near the beach is ecologically disastrous.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • battle1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

What ? You absolute clown
     Just because you probably can't even walk for 5 mins without an Uber.

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 758
    Really fun show to me, band looked like they were having a good time, Leaving Here was likely my favourite, but great to see Sometimes, Got Some, Amongst the Waves, and Future Days make returns. Loved some of the other classics and Dark Matter tunes too.

Many other fun performances during the day, but the most pleasant surprise was Flipturn - they were great and looked like they were having the time of their lives.
  • A very unique set list for a festival show. If I’m counting correctly, 8 songs off the last 4 albums. It was my 20th show, and I got Sometimes (full band) and Habit for first time along with Amongst the Waves. Ohana PJ is really unique in that the whole day of music influences my experience of the show. A great day capped by the best.
  • Is Zack irons in a band ?