*** New York, NY 2 Fanviews Here 9.4.24 ***

Comments

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,635
    edited September 5
    P.S. sat near a guy in a "Trumpamania" shirt. My side quest, aside from taking in an amazing show, was watching him squirm & get super salty by Ed's pro-choice stance😂
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 256
    nicknyr15 said:
    My section was filled with a bunch of up and coming Quentin Tarantinos. I mean there’s taking a quick video, and then there was my section with the zooms the lighting the filters. Holy shit. Concerts will never be the same honestly. I thought Covid would’ve made crowds more appreciative of live music and in the moment. Boy was I wrong. Maybe I’m just getting old but a lot of human behavior bothers me. I saw I a guy filming WITH HIS FLASHLIGHT ON. Rude 
    the guy in front of us was doing that at Wrigley2....kept videoing and blasting the guy in front of him with his light. Totally fucking clueless
    We asked a lady next to us to stop doing this and she was baffled. This is what you get when tenclub seats are mixed with "pj premium". 
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,959
    edited September 5
    I was in the 200s and could not help but notice all the phones lit up in GA. And great pics above. I do think I have had enough of Glenn.
    Edit: Ed has always said something about human rights, getting out to vote etc. It is part of his show. Like it or not, you know what you are going to see ahead of time.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    nicknyr15 said:
    My section was filled with a bunch of up and coming Quentin Tarantinos. I mean there’s taking a quick video, and then there was my section with the zooms the lighting the filters. Holy shit. Concerts will never be the same honestly. I thought Covid would’ve made crowds more appreciative of live music and in the moment. Boy was I wrong. Maybe I’m just getting old but a lot of human behavior bothers me. I saw I a guy filming WITH HIS FLASHLIGHT ON. Rude I'm with you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    nicknyr15 said:
    My section was filled with a bunch of up and coming Quentin Tarantinos. I mean there’s taking a quick video, and then there was my section with the zooms the lighting the filters. Holy shit. Concerts will never be the same honestly. I thought Covid would’ve made crowds more appreciative of live music and in the moment. Boy was I wrong. Maybe I’m just getting old but a lot of human behavior bothers me. I saw I a guy filming WITH HIS FLASHLIGHT ON. Rude 
    Sounds like u need to maybe just stay home. You don’t like anything. Just watch your old pj dvds or YouTube. Lots of great vids on there. 
    Don't be ridiculous 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,091
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’ll never understand it. I used to make a habit of snapping a few photos at some point but I’ve even dropped that unless I’m in an incredible spot or need to text someone a pic for some reason. 

At Derek Jeter’s last game at Yankee Stadium, the guy in front of me drained his phone over the course of the game and watched Derek’s classic walk-off through the screen of a Nintendo DS. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,341
    nicknyr15 said:
    Sounds like u need to maybe just stay home. You don’t like anything. Just watch your old pj dvds or YouTube. Lots of great vids on there. 
    Don't be ridiculous 
    That’s all this dude does. Boring and predictable 
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,817
    A very very solid MSG show last night!  It's hard to rank it because all of my Garden shows have been stellar, including this one.  Thanks Pearl Jam and 10C!  I loved my seats, on the floor, Mike's side.  How about Stone on Not For You?  TORE IT UP!

That was the best version of RITFW I have ever witnessed.  Who knew that we were all Waiting For Stevie?  ;)  There were a few big breaks in the momentum of the night, and I can't imagine how insanely epic this show would have been had there been a just a little less of that... Every time the energy seemed to subside, it didn't take long for it all to come back...  But man, if it continued to compound, this one would have been an all timer!  Maybe it was anyway?  A great, loud, sing along crowd last night, and I thought we sounded pretty damn good singing =)  The band was not fuckin around at all in that first set, and neither were we!  The band sounded great.  Eddie's voice:  terrific and strong.  Andrew Watt SHREDS!   The new songs sounded great... Won't Tell is PJ pop perfection, and both that one and Waiting for Stevie should get single releases.  Until next tour, friends!  Thank you to all who are involved in the Pearl Jam universe-- you all make a lot of people very happy!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,415
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Don't be ridiculous 
    What section where you in?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    The camera phones are beyond killing shows
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Don't be ridiculous 
    What section where you in?
  • kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 325
    Overall fun show.  Was about 5-6 people deep in pit Mike side.
    Felt like more energy in building N2 than N1 (not counting early encore set)
    Totally agree with others here that the early part of the encore set of Patriot through Setting Sun sucked some of the energy out of the building.  Around me it might have also been the pack of 5 women who just strolled right into an already crowded part of the pit with their red solo cups beginning of encore like they were related to Jim Dolan and started chomping away during songs and taking pics.
    End of the encore set from Sonic Reducer on brought back the energy.  Fun to see all the musicians playing together having a good time during RITFW and Alive to some degree.
    Wouldn't say it was overly political but the setlist did have a little more of the '03 Bushleaguer era set vibe with songs like Patriot, Gimme Some Truth, I am Mine, Glorified G showing up.  
    I had ear plugs in so crowd a little more muted for me (which is great to tune out the chompers talking during songs).  Seemed like some of the speeches by EV these MSG shows that normally would've gotten more positive reactions didn't get as much in a polarizing election year than they would have other times.  Some of the stuff he was saying N1 about coming together as well as gun violence and women's rights N2 didn't seem to land as well as they would've even as recently as 2022 in MSG.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22, MSG I,II '24, Philly I,II '24
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    wnh1977 said:
    Soybeans said:

As for the political stuff, it was somewhat reminiscent of Long Island back in 2003 when Ed sparred with the George W Bush faithful during Bush Leaguer. Those same people that now despise George W., have grown up to be full blown Maga cultists. On the floor, last night,  I only heard a smattering of disdain from the cultists, but Ed pushed through.  Proud of my guy,  and my band.  
    How political did it get?  When I was young, naive and idealistic, I enjoyed having the band speak up.  Speaking out against G.W. Bush, war, doing the Vote For Change tour, supporting a wounded veteran (Tomas Young), supporting Nader because the 2-party system felt broken.  Nowadays, 20 years down the road, I really don't want to hear it.  I thought the "Ridin' With Biden" t-shirt during the last campaign season was the lamest shit this band has ever done. 

I've leaned left my entire life, but I have no idea where all this Kamala excitement came from other than she's not Trump.  I've really been soured by the crooked DNC over the past decade... railroading Bernie twice, forcing their handpicked candidates through, even if they happen to have dementia.  This band does a ton of great things, but I don't blame people that don't want to hear pro-Democratic party shit.
    Too bad I was totally happy that he called out the judges for trampling women’s rights my daughter was with me and said daughter after that talk was so poignant right to the point! And after yet another school shooting did you not think Ed wouldn’t speak out against guns you must not know how this band leans! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Go Animal said:
    P.S. sat near a guy in a "Trumpamania" shirt. 
    LOL - did he know which concert/band he was attending?
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Posts: 620
    wnh1977 said:
    Soybeans said:

As for the political stuff, it was somewhat reminiscent of Long Island back in 2003 when Ed sparred with the George W Bush faithful during Bush Leaguer. Those same people that now despise George W., have grown up to be full blown Maga cultists. On the floor, last night,  I only heard a smattering of disdain from the cultists, but Ed pushed through.  Proud of my guy,  and my band.  
    How political did it get?  When I was young, naive and idealistic, I enjoyed having the band speak up.  Speaking out against G.W. Bush, war, doing the Vote For Change tour, supporting a wounded veteran (Tomas Young), supporting Nader because the 2-party system felt broken.  Nowadays, 20 years down the road, I really don't want to hear it.  I thought the "Ridin' With Biden" t-shirt during the last campaign season was the lamest shit this band has ever done. 

I've leaned left my entire life, but I have no idea where all this Kamala excitement came from other than she's not Trump.  I've really been soured by the crooked DNC over the past decade... railroading Bernie twice, forcing their handpicked candidates through, even if they happen to have dementia.  This band does a ton of great things, but I don't blame people that don't want to hear pro-Democratic party shit.
    Former registered republican here (pre Trump years). Ed didn’t mention anything “pro Democratic Party”…he briefly mentioned women’s rights and gun violence as issues people should care more about and address and that’s what apparently was too much of a bother to the drunk white dudes who don’t have a care in the world outside of themselves. If you think showing compassion, support, and kindness to women whose rights are being trampled upon by our corrupt courts, and standing up for our children being shot at disproportionately with guns means you’re saying “pro Democratic Party shit”, you need to take a look in the mirror and reflect on what your values are and think of the women and children in your life and the future you would like to see for them. 

And yeah, the Kamala excitement (which absolutely had nothing to do with the show so I’m not sure why you’re so focused on that not going and not knowing a thing about what was even said) IS because she isn’t Trump. It is that simple - she isn’t the perfect candidate by any stretch but some people are decent human beings and don’t want to see a convicted felon elected and empowered to further try to undermine our government with conspiracy theories about voter fraud or who knows what and “lead” us with xenophobic, misogynist, racist, and outright criminal behavior. 
    Easy there.  Quite the impassioned reply for a question I asked out of curiosity.  I don't have an issue with them mentioning women's rights/gun violence/etc... or whatever else they believe in.  I had just gathered from this board and the shows I had attended that the "political" talk at shows had been dialed down quite a bit over the years... when I saw mentions that there were "booooos" in the crowd, I was simply curious as to what elicited that response.  I was wondering if something had been said about either major party candidate specifically, which of course in this very divisive environment is going to get a response.  That's why I started off saying, "How political did it get?"  If it was simply their well known take on women's rights and gun violence, I was curious as to why people would boo.  You make a leap by saying I call those issues and their stance on it "pro-Democratic party shit".  The lame "Ridin' With Biden" shirt does seem like pro-Democratic shit... I eluded to that in my post, nothing about women's rights or guns.

Delving into this any further is probably more fit for the "A Moving Train" section of this forum, so I'll digress. 
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18, 6/29
    wnh1977 said:
    Soybeans said:

Not the place for this, but nice attempt to Trojan horse here. "Gee, I've always been a dem, but nowadays".. please go back to the cult. You aint foolin' anyone here.  
    Thanks Soybeans for your guidance.  You are so inclusive and understanding and don't jump to any conclusions.

• GW2553GW2553 Posts: 80
    Last night we got abortion, guns. I was really hoping the Palestinians would get a mention.  Would have loved to see how that would go over.

People booing, people cheering. Are you not entertained?  Funny stuff.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,228
    edited September 5
    nvm 
    GW2553 said:
    Last night we got abortion, guns. I was really hoping the Palestinians would get a mention.  Would have loved to see how that would go over.

People booing, people cheering. Are you not entertained?  Funny stuff.

Then cap it all of by showing on their huge new fancy screens that dress where you can't tell if it's blue or yellow... have the fans go into a complete frenzy.
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Jenfarr said:
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but that shout out to Andrew Greenhall is member here Bathgate66!  It shows he hasn't been active since Dec. 2023, I know he had a kidney replacement years ago and don't know how he is doing currently as he isn't too active on SM.  But it was nice of Ed to mention him!
    Great point. Shout out Andrew
    That was very cool. I went to one of the 2008 shows with and interacted with on the massive New York Rangers thread on here that still exists somewhere.
    Hope you had a great show man! Let’s Go Rangers
    I can’t be the only one wishing the merch team would realize that 2 teams play at MSG, can I?
  • vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 475
    mornglry said:
    Was he on Stone’s side in first tier section not far from Lil Steven? If so, who were the dudes with him? Also hockey players? They looked so familiar. 

vitodacat said:

On a positive note, saw Henrik Lundqvist, and as a big Rangers fan, that was pretty awesome.  He was having a great time.

Yes.  I kept trying to figure out who the others were as well, but couldn't make it out

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • MS4677MS4677 Posts: 65
    Was with my good buddy who is a casual fan and he had a blast!! For me, the show was really a mixed bag.  As crazy as it sounds, with the exception of Leash and Setting Sun, I feel that if I left the show after the first set I would feel more satisfied. As has been said by some,  the opening encore absolutely sucked the life out of the room. I've never been a fan of Sonic so it didn't necessarily "bring me back" and the rocking and yellow endings really need to be retired. Watt's passion, excitement, and enthusiasm saved it for me.
    First experience with "tier 2" seating having been a member since 97 and it is certainly a different experience for sure. Agree the sound wasn't great where I was but MSG isn't a place known for the best sound. Loved seeing my buddy having a blast but for me it wasn't a standout show. Subjective of course. 9/11 MSG was another level compared to last night in every facet. Very happy to see some members really loved the show especially those with their kids. 

Side note. I've lived in NY my whole life and I have rarely found MSG crowds to be that communal in my experience. Sometimes very enthusiastic yes. Many many corporate types who only attend so they can post a picture on social media that they were there. My highlight was meeting a Brazilian couple who lived in London and sharing show stories. Very cool, down to earth, and refreshing.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    wnh1977 said:
    wnh1977 said:
    Soybeans said:

Former registered republican here (pre Trump years). Ed didn’t mention anything “pro Democratic Party”…he briefly mentioned women’s rights and gun violence as issues people should care more about and address and that’s what apparently was too much of a bother to the drunk white dudes who don’t have a care in the world outside of themselves. If you think showing compassion, support, and kindness to women whose rights are being trampled upon by our corrupt courts, and standing up for our children being shot at disproportionately with guns means you’re saying “pro Democratic Party shit”, you need to take a look in the mirror and reflect on what your values are and think of the women and children in your life and the future you would like to see for them. 

And yeah, the Kamala excitement (which absolutely had nothing to do with the show so I’m not sure why you’re so focused on that not going and not knowing a thing about what was even said) IS because she isn’t Trump. It is that simple - she isn’t the perfect candidate by any stretch but some people are decent human beings and don’t want to see a convicted felon elected and empowered to further try to undermine our government with conspiracy theories about voter fraud or who knows what and “lead” us with xenophobic, misogynist, racist, and outright criminal behavior. 
    Easy there.  Quite the impassioned reply for a question I asked out of curiosity.  I don't have an issue with them mentioning women's rights/gun violence/etc... or whatever else they believe in.  I had just gathered from this board and the shows I had attended that the "political" talk at shows had been dialed down quite a bit over the years... when I saw mentions that there were "booooos" in the crowd, I was simply curious as to what elicited that response.  I was wondering if something had been said about either major party candidate specifically, which of course in this very divisive environment is going to get a response.  That's why I started off saying, "How political did it get?"  If it was simply their well known take on women's rights and gun violence, I was curious as to why people would boo.  You make a leap by saying I call those issues and their stance on it "pro-Democratic party shit".  The lame "Ridin' With Biden" shirt does seem like pro-Democratic shit... I eluded to that in my post, nothing about women's rights or guns.

Delving into this any further is probably more fit for the "A Moving Train" section of this forum, so I'll digress. 
    So you weren’t there 😂😂 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    goldenegg said:
    Thought it was a great show, but agree that the encore generally didn’t work well. Leash was awesome though!

One other minor complaint I have is about Watt. I get that the band enjoyed working with him, but I’m there to hear Mike shred, not him. Let him come on stage, but he doesn’t need to take such a lead role. 
    I think he needs Watt for Waiting for Stevie. And uses him for RVM since his strumming hand ain’t what it used to be.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,875
    edited September 5
    Post edited by Sea on
    JBob87 said:
    Jenfarr said:
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but that shout out to Andrew Greenhall is member here Bathgate66!  It shows he hasn't been active since Dec. 2023, I know he had a kidney replacement years ago and don't know how he is doing currently as he isn't too active on SM.  But it was nice of Ed to mention him!
    Great point. Shout out Andrew
    That was very cool. I went to one of the 2008 shows with and interacted with on the massive New York Rangers thread on here that still exists somewhere.
    Hope you had a great show man! Let’s Go Rangers
    I can’t be the only one wishing the merch team would realize that 2 teams play at MSG, can I?
    Saved me money 
    edited September 5
    Post edited by Sea on
  • goldenegg said:
    …One other minor complaint I have is about Watt. I get that the band enjoyed working with him, but I’m there to hear Mike shred, not him. Let him come on stage, but he doesn’t need to take such a lead role. 
    Mike seemed to have a great time playing with Andrew Watt. If Mike likes it that much, I’m fine with Watt for two songs.
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,020
    Please do not derail topic integrity with personal arguments. If you cannot get along with someone, please put them on your ignore list. Thank you

• VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,817
    coachkecz said:
    goldenegg said:
    …One other minor complaint I have is about Watt. I get that the band enjoyed working with him, but I’m there to hear Mike shred, not him. Let him come on stage, but he doesn’t need to take such a lead role. 
    Mike seemed to have a great time playing with Andrew Watt. If Mike likes it that much, I’m fine with Watt for two songs.
    I think the band was all about it.  They let Andrew live out yet another part of his dream last night, jamming out with his favorite band in his hometown venue last night.  After how awesome Dark Matter the album is, I am super grateful for any role Watt has played with this band so far.  It was fun to watch him and Mike playing face to face last night-- Andrew is like a mini McCready-- highly influenced by him in the best way and it shows!