*** Chicago, IL 2 Fanviews Here 8.31.24 ***

124»

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    Ryan said:
    pjl44 said:
    What exactly did Ed say in the encore about driving into the show, seeing everyone out and about... then dropped something like "we may never do this again" ?? hope he just means Wrigley! 
    Probably referring to Wrigley. The ballpark/Missoula merch that has all the years makes me think this will be the last round for the foreseeable future. These parks anyway.
    They also did shirts in 2018 for Seattle, Chicago and Boston that had all the dates/shows in those cities, and they’ve played there since.  I wouldn’t read anything into the merch. 
    Probably right now that I'm seeing the MSG banner
  • MJ178168MJ178168 Posts: 154
    DP13 said:
    All I have to add that hasn't been said is after my run of 3 shows is that I'm surprised at the reception the "hits" now receive from what are seemingly seasoned 10c members. 

Our people used to run for the bathroom during Even Flow, now without fail, anyone sitting anywhere close to me was celebrating the opening notes of the radio hits and talking loudly during the handful of songs for the "serious collector".  

Not offering an opinion on it necessarily being good or bad (you do you), but I've just noticed a shift in preference from our fanbase, especially this leg.  
    I still ran to the bathroom during even flow 🤣.  For me personally,  it depends on which hits.  Porch, Alive, Black, Reviewmorror, SOLAT, Corduroy I can hear anytime and would welcome at any show.  I could go without Jeremy and even flow though.  Also, All Night is not one of their better bsides so I can understand the talking.
  • Any skiers out there?!   I always think back to ski film icon Warren Miller's quote, “The best place in the world to ski is where you are skiing that day.”  I always feel the same way at PJ shows.  What song do I want to hear?  "The next one PJ is playing!"  What was my favorite show?  "The show I'm at right now!"  I'm very lucky to have been at these 2 shows on perfect days & nights in Chicago.  With great local friends (I was out from SF) on both nights.  Obviously a lot of that is what makes the shows special for some and understandably frustrating for others.  So, I was pumped to really luck out and soak in all that is an amazing night and concert a Wrigley with our favorite band and all the memories that follow.  Now in my late 40s ... and in a different place than my first show 30 years ago ... I'm grateful for my health, the bands health and the fact we get to keep seeing them play & hope it continues.  Since covid, I'm not taking it for granted and they can play whatever, wherever, however.  It's awesome and thank you!  It's not death, taxes and Pearl Jam.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    I enjoyed night # 2 a little more than #1.  Both were great!  Hope to do it again in the future!
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    DP13 said:
    All I have to add that hasn't been said is after my run of 3 shows is that I'm surprised at the reception the "hits" now receive from what are seemingly seasoned 10c members. 

Our people used to run for the bathroom during Even Flow, now without fail, anyone sitting anywhere close to me was celebrating the opening notes of the radio hits and talking loudly during the handful of songs for the "serious collector".  

Not offering an opinion on it necessarily being good or bad (you do you), but I've just noticed a shift in preference from our fanbase, especially this leg.  
    I think a lot of that is 10C members being mixed with the plebs more than ever before. I don't think people have really changed.
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    hoffshow said:
    Any skiers out there?!   I always think back to ski film icon Warren Miller's quote, “The best place in the world to ski is where you are skiing that day.”  I always feel the same way at PJ shows.  What song do I want to hear?  "The next one PJ is playing!"  What was my favorite show?  "The show I'm at right now!"  I'm very lucky to have been at these 2 shows on perfect days & nights in Chicago.  With great local friends (I was out from SF) on both nights.  Obviously a lot of that is what makes the shows special for some and understandably frustrating for others.  So, I was pumped to really luck out and soak in all that is an amazing night and concert a Wrigley with our favorite band and all the memories that follow.  Now in my late 40s ... and in a different place than my first show 30 years ago ... I'm grateful for my health, the bands health and the fact we get to keep seeing them play & hope it continues.  Since covid, I'm not taking it for granted and they can play whatever, wherever, however.  It's awesome and thank you!  It's not death, taxes and Pearl Jam.
    Good stuff. Love Warren Miller. Great analogy. 
  • gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 166
    Anyone else see Josh klinghoffer walking through the crowd probably 30-40 min into the show? We were on the field standing close to the left side pit entrance and he wandered right in front of us heading in the direction of the back of the field level. He was alone except for a security guard trailing a couple feet behind him. Thought it was kind of weird he would be walking through that part of the field while PJ was onstage playing
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Uke / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2024
  • tcgpjtcgpj Posts: 1
    Anyone have a pic of the handwritten set list from night 2?

• TenJamsTenJams Posts: 30
    edited September 4
    I try not to rate shows, either in the moment or right afterwards.  Very hard not to love this double bill.

My wife is the best judge of how good a show was based on my reaction a few days later.  She’s never seen me like this for so many days in a row post show.  It’s like a drug that just doesn’t fade, and I want to ride it as long as possible. 

So I know, this was two incredible, never to be forgotten shows.
  • TenJams said:
    I try not to rate shows, either in the moment or right afterwards.  Very hard not to love this double bill.

My wife is the best judge of how good a show was based on my reaction a few days later.  She’s never seen me like this for so many days in a row post show.  It’s like a drug that just doesn’t fade, and I want to ride it as long as possible. 

So I know, this was two incredible, never to be forgotten shows.
    This is a great take, my wife does the exact same thing pre and post show with me…..

I am 180 on this one though,  My wife keeps saying that she’s never seen me so calm during and after a show. This show just didn’t flow for me. 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Wow!  What a show.  Getting to see PJ is always a treat and seeing the band playing a “hometown” show really had the band in high spirits.  And the message that Ed hammered home throughout the show … Gratitude … is something that I have really been focusing on as of late.  Like most of us at this stage in our lives, God’s Dice have probably rolled snake eyes more than once … maybe for ourselves or a loved one … but most certainly the dreaded snake eyes have shown they can strike any day, at any time.  It is so, so important to really embrace gratitude.

Gratitude for a healthy day.  Gratitude for friendships old, new, those lost and those re-kindled.  Gratitude for a boring day and realizing that you would give and trade anything for that boring day when those dreaded snake eyes come up.  Gratitude for PJ still being with us and still playing at such a high level.

Gratitude for having absolute perfect weather for a Saturday night show in the windy city.  I made sure to get there early to catch Glen play his entire set after seeing only the last few songs in Indy.  His band are true musicians.  I was able to briefly meet him and most the band afterwards and it was nice to be able to thank them for their performance.

Garden was a surprise opener … took me a few musical bars to figure out the song as it isn’t a traditional opener.  Porch really got the crowd going and the energy carried through the next few songs that were more somber and focused on the word of the night, gratitude. 

All Night really got the crowd back into the game and carried into the next several songs and I thought really helped pump the Dark Matter portion of the set.  Mike is always fire, but the two shows I’ve seen for the DM tour have really pushed him to the top of his game.  I think DM really helped showcase his talents more than any studio album or recent memory.

In Hiding is always a treat and RVM helped carry the energy through the long 60 second encore break (ha!) 

Smile had me smiling and crying … a lot of emotion that I’ve been suppressing recently was released during that song.  Jeremy was a song I hadn’t heard live in decades and a treat. 

Little Wing was the cherry on top of the caramel sundae for me.  My white whale that I hadn’t seen in quite some time and one I’m always praying to see again.  My goal is to be able to play that at Mike’s level. 

Thank you PJ.  I have so much gratitude for the band and what they have given to us.  Peace!

• BSullyBSully Posts: 1,184
    Jason P said:

Wow!  What a show.  Getting to see PJ is always a treat and seeing the band playing a “hometown” show really had the band in high spirits.  And the message that Ed hammered home throughout the show … Gratitude … is something that I have really been focusing on as of late.  Like most of us at this stage in our lives, God’s Dice have probably rolled snake eyes more than once … maybe for ourselves or a loved one … but most certainly the dreaded snake eyes have shown they can strike any day, at any time.  It is so, so important to really embrace gratitude.

Gratitude for a healthy day.  Gratitude for friendships old, new, those lost and those re-kindled.  Gratitude for a boring day and realizing that you would give and trade anything for that boring day when those dreaded snake eyes come up.  Gratitude for PJ still being with us and still playing at such a high level.

Gratitude for having absolute perfect weather for a Saturday night show in the windy city.  I made sure to get there early to catch Glen play his entire set after seeing only the last few songs in Indy.  His band are true musicians.  I was able to briefly meet him and most the band afterwards and it was nice to be able to thank them for their performance.

Garden was a surprise opener … took me a few musical bars to figure out the song as it isn’t a traditional opener.  Porch really got the crowd going and the energy carried through the next few songs that were more somber and focused on the word of the night, gratitude. 

All Night really got the crowd back into the game and carried into the next several songs and I thought really helped pump the Dark Matter portion of the set.  Mike is always fire, but the two shows I’ve seen for the DM tour have really pushed him to the top of his game.  I think DM really helped showcase his talents more than any studio album or recent memory.

In Hiding is always a treat and RVM helped carry the energy through the long 60 second encore break (ha!) 

Smile had me smiling and crying … a lot of emotion that I’ve been suppressing recently was released during that song.  Jeremy was a song I hadn’t heard live in decades and a treat. 

Little Wing was the cherry on top of the caramel sundae for me.  My white whale that I hadn’t seen in quite some time and one I’m always praying to see again.  My goal is to be able to play that at Mike’s level. 

Thank you PJ.  I have so much gratitude for the band and what they have given to us.  Peace!

I like this post and it's true, God's dice rolled the wrong way for Pearl Jam at the Indy show last year, so I was grateful to see them at Indy this year.
    I was grateful once again that I was able to make it to Chicago for both Wrigley shows.

I had an incident about a week before and cracked my ribs. I was in pain, but was able to make it. It could have been worse and I could have been forced to stay home.

Great post!!!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,829
    mca47 said:
    I enjoyed night # 2 a little more than #1.  Both were great!  Hope to do it again in the future!
    Agreed.  Both were great but night 2 just felt perfect.  Incredible weather (very humid on Thursday...was so sweaty walking out of there), Saturday night of a holiday weekend and the vibes were great.  Chelios was standing right by us in GA Thursday and Brett Hull walked by right before they started on Saturday....hockey players love PJ.  Also appreciate the days off between shows these days...back to back late nights are rough in your 40s!  Show #29 and it just never gets old.  
  • cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 344
    I'm simply filled with gratitude for the experience!  Everything about those few days in Wrigleyville were just perfect.  And they're so damn good...still!!!  Can't wait for the boots!!!
  • KobsterKobster Posts: 3

• KobsterKobster Posts: 3
    A random fan behind us took this photo in wrigley n2 of my daughter and I . We flew over from Ireland for it . 😀