Opening Band: Glen Hansard
Walk On Music: Dark Entree

Band Onstage 08:19
Band Offstage 10:45

Set List
01. Garden
02. Porch
03. Wishlist
(Ed talks about Beth Murphy and Marian Robinson who passed away since the band was last here)
04. Come Back
05. All Night
06. Not For You/Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney) 1:00
07. React, Respond
(Ed thanks a couple of baseball players and dedicates the next song to all the base stealers)
08. Running
(Ed lovingly brainwashing his daughter Olivia to be a Cubs fan)
09. Wreckage
10. Even Flow
(Talks about meeting Walter Payton, brings out Walter’s son Jarrett Payton)
11. Given To Fly
12. Dark Matter
13. In Hiding
14. Upper Hand
15. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) 3:11
16. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break

17. Throw Your Arms Around Me-(Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters)
18. Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglová) Glen lead vocal and acoustic guitar, Ed harmony and bridge vocals
19. Smile w/ Glen Hansard
20. Setting Sun
21. Jeremy
22. Alive
23. Baba O’Riley
24. Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing-(Hendrix) (full song, full band performance)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    My #32nd show and the best I've ever seen. They are all on top of their game. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    Every Pearl Jam show is a good show … but that was as vanilla as they come.  Oh well … can’t win em all.  Not sure I’ve ever seen them talk about the curfew and end 20 mins early.
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    On the train back, 8th show and another great one! Porch at #2 was a treat, Falling Slowly was beautiful, great energy all night!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • thebuilderthebuilder Posts: 138
    masterclass. 

Feel free 2 feel free
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    React was great... Glad to get in hiding and rvm
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • edited September 1
    Show #19 for me. Funky show and lots of fun from the pit. RVM was pretty epic - one of the best I’ve heard. Band is playing solidly and Mike has been on fire the last 2 nights. The new songs sound surprisingly good and the guys look like they’re having a blast playing them. 

I’m feel like entering that phase of my PJ concert era where I can’t expect too many firsts anymore. Would’ve loved Oceans (to finish up Ten for me) and Love Boat Captain (because that’s a goddam gorgeous beautiful song). But you can’t win ‘em all. Either way - super grateful for an awesome night.

Just happy to have been able to attend all 4 Chicago shows in the last year. Glad this band is still touring and grateful to hear them still kill it every night. 
    Post edited by troubledsoulsuniteblog on
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23 8/29/24 8/31/24

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • MJ178168MJ178168 Posts: 154
    Bummed.  I picked 2 shows to go to and I picked Indy and Wrigley 2.  Setting Sun and Upper Hand were both great but really had hoped to hear more deep cuts.  Mcready was great in Indy.  I heard he was great N1 as well but maybe not the same songs N2 to showcase.  Of all the shows I have been to probably my least favorite.  Wish I had attended N1.
  • Overall good show. Not in my top 10 but it was a great time. Smile with GH was cool and the new songs sounded great. I can’t shake the feeling like something was off though. 20+ shows and this one seemed strange. Love Ed though. He was born to SING!  Mike was on fire and Matt was amazing as always. Either way I am glad I got to see the band have some fun!!
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • KK257911KK257911 Posts: 26
    edited September 1
    I got my white whale - GARDEN - to start my 13th show!  I still cannot believe it.  Everything else that followed was just so damn beautiful - especially FALLING SLOWLY.  THANK YOU, Pearl Jam and Glen!!
    Post edited by KK257911 on
    '00 - Virginia Beach, '08 - West Seattle 1 (EV), '11 - Chicago 2 (EV), '12 - Missoula, '13 - Wrigley, '14 - Cincinnati, '16 - Lexington, '16 - Wrigley 1 & 2, '18 - Seattle 1 & 2, '18 - Missoula, '18 - Wrigley 2, '24 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 254
    Incredible show. My 56th. No idea what comments above are about. Garden to open, Porch at #2, All Night is always great, In Hiding, RVM, new ones were awesome - got Upper Hand which is so much better live than album. TYAAM into Falling Slowly (love Swell Season) into Smile is awesome start to encore. Hoped for Breath (always!) in encore but Baba/YL/Little Wing to end it was appropriate for last show for me for awhile. It was a night for EV and he was awesome with voice sounding great. Sad it’s going to be awhile til I see them again most likely. 
  • BH76306BH76306 Posts: 98
    What an incredible show. #30 for me and absolutely top tier. 
    People complain about predictable setlists - so they mixed up all the Dark Matter stuff, and people still complain?
    People complain about no deep cuts, so they bust out All Night, Come Back, Falling Slowly, TYAAM, In Hiding, and people still complain? Hell, even Baba is fairly rare these days comparatively.
    Porch in the 2 slot! An incredible sing alone w/ In Hiding! Yellow Wing!
    Vanilla? Get outta here with that.
    My wife and I had an absolute blast. Every expectation about the "Wrigley Pilgrimage" was met. So grateful.
  • mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 106
    My 16th show and this one is up there. The crowd energy all night was unbelievable and you could tell the band fed off of it. It’s just crazy to me that they sound BETTER as they get older. I don’t think people appreciate how rare that is. 

Could I complain that if Eddie cut out 3-5 minutes of his talking they could have fit an extra song in? Yeah, maybe. But then that’s not Eddie Vedder is it?

Another well put together set list. Garden was an amazing opener and set the tone. Upper Hand is so great live. Running way better live than on the album. And In Hiding was so good to hear. Man I love that song.

Negative reviews I would never fully dismiss but I have a very hard time fathoming being at this show with the crowd and band every and saying it was bad. I think that means you’re only attending shows to say you were there for some rare song so you can say to saw the ultimate deep cut. Which is fine I guess but man you’re missing out. I’ll take hearing EF, GTF, etc every show with this kind of energy vs hearing Brother done for the sake of being done but no energy behind it. Just me though.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,234
    Lucky #13 show for me. Great energy the entire show! Loved the start. Would have preferred more deep cuts but still solid. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • I have lots of thoughts on this one but, in a word, it's "grateful." Do I wish they were still doing three-hour epics with 30+ songs a night? I would literally pay double for that haha. But, truly, I really felt the love out there tonight. 

It was a somewhat minor moment given Eddie's longer, more memorable stories in the main set, but in the encore when he talked about how the fans have been good to them and he hopes that the band has returned that in some way, that just felt so genuinely human. I know he's a big rockstar and all that, but despite the set not necessarily wowing me with crazy deep cuts this show felt like a warm hug from the band to the fans. If N1 was more energetic and revved up on the part of Mike and the rest of the band, Eddie felt like he was a big kid getting to do this thing (possibly) one last time. His appreciation at the end there warmed my heart, and it made me remember not to take for granted that I get to see them do this thing at such a high level even as they get older. 

I know that's all a bit precious, but that's how I felt coming out of this one. A solid, fun, great show highlighted by the human elements. I'm thankful. 
  • SM10080SM10080 Posts: 239
    Show #19 for me. Funky show and lots of fun from the pit. RVM was pretty epic - one of the best I’ve heard. Band is playing solidly and Mike has been on fire the last 2 nights. The new songs sound surprisingly good and the guys look like they’re having a blast playing them. 

I’m feel like entering that phase of my PJ concert era where I can’t expect too many firsts anymore. Would’ve loved Oceans (to finish up Ten for me) and Love Boat Captain (because that’s a goddam gorgeous beautiful song). But you can’t win ‘em all. Either way - super grateful for an awesome night.

Just happy to have been able to attend all 4 Chicago shows in the last year. Glad this band is still touring and grateful to hear them still kill it every night. 
    Oh, you’ve seen throw your arms and the full little wing?  You don’t even understand what you saw.  That show is going to be referenced for a long time as an all-timer.  And love boat captain sucks.  
  • fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 371
    Probably my favorite run I've ever seen 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,635
    My #32nd show and the best I've ever seen. They are all on top of their game. 
    Rear. View. MIRRORRRRRRR
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • MYMMYM Posts: 195
    Reading these comments is such a good reminder that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

While I agree that night one showcased Mike a lot more, tonight was epic. I guess it really does come down to song preferences.

Loved it.
    Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle 1 - 8/8/18
  • Deep cuts just aren't going to be a huge thing any more. I did get one new song, Come Back, which was awesome.

I'm wondering if the Chicago curfew is actually 10:45? They cut two songs tonight and YLB on Thursday and were done both times by 10:45.
  • KB39167KB39167 Posts: 33
    Falling Slowly at Wrigley is a dream come true. It’ll be the first time them duetting that song will be available on an official release.  Can’t wait for that. SiFL tag was one of the best I’ve seen in a long time. Love the Payton story. Have a couple Payton stories that are similar(Plattville not Lake Forrest), but no where as good as Eddie’s. Then launching into GtF. Damn.  Payton is iconic here and if you’re a Chicago kid during that time you get it.  The stories are the whales sometimes.  I love and want the deep cuts too but what makes Wrigley or just plane Chicago shows special is that were all home enjoying each others company 
  • edited September 1
    SM10080 said:

Oh, you’ve seen throw your arms and the full little wing?  You don’t even understand what you saw.  That show is going to be referenced for a long time as an all-timer.  And love boat captain sucks.  
    To each his own, friend. I love LBC, but you don't have to.
    And yes - I've seen both. Throw Your arms last year at United Center, and Little Wing in Philly 09 at the Spectrum.
    And Throw Your Arms was the first dance at my wedding, so it's not a song I take lightly.

Was a great show and I'm not complaining. But I still have my own personal wishlist which is... personal.

Glad you loved the show!
    Post edited by troubledsoulsuniteblog on
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23 8/29/24 8/31/24

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    The week leading up to the shows, there were some songs that stuck out to me as ones I really wanted them to play. I got Off He Goes the other night, which was awesome, but the one that really topped my list was In Hiding. It had been 15 years since the last time I heard them play it and I didn't have my hopes up too high. When we got Wishlist early on, I figured that probably would be the Yield pick for the night and I was out of luck. So the show was going on, and he's doing this little talk and it's not really clicking with me. But then those first notes hit and I just threw my hands up and yelled! They killed it and the crowd energy was amazing. Then the icing on the cake with Upper Hand right after, my favorite off the album and a disappointing scratch from night 1, and then Little Wing to close?! What a night.
  • rylanrylan Posts: 230
    what a show! unbelievable time! pj was on fire,ed had some great stories. met some great people in the pit. set list was great. hope its not too long till i get the joy of doing it again. thank u PJ for two amazing nights 
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    I'm wondering if the Chicago curfew is actually 10:45? They cut two songs tonight and YLB on Thursday and were done both times by 10:45.
    I heard someone say before night 1 that it was a hard curfew at 10:45, so I think you're right.

• oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    BH76306 said:
    People complain about predictable setlists - so they mixed up all the Dark Matter stuff, and people still complain?
    People complain about no deep cuts, so they bust out All Night, Come Back, Falling Slowly, TYAAM, In Hiding, and people still complain? Hell, even Baba is fairly rare these days comparatively.
    My wife and I had an absolute blast. Every expectation about the "Wrigley Pilgrimage" was met. So grateful.
    Thank you, this is what it’s about 
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    BH76306 said:
    You are awesome. 
  • I love the positivity in some of these posts. I only saw them three times pre-Covid, and tonight was #26. I’m just never disappointed. I’m ready to sing Alive again tomorrow, love the new album, all of it. I give shitty reviews, bc they’re all glowing.

rylan said:
    what a show! unbelievable time! pj was on fire,ed had some great stories. met some great people in the pit. set list was great. hope its not too long till i get the joy of doing it again. thank u PJ for two amazing nights 
    Awesome review too

I love the positivity in some of these posts. I only saw them three times pre-Covid, and tonight was #26. I’m just never disappointed. I’m ready to sing Alive again tomorrow, love the new album, all of it. I give shitty reviews, bc they’re all glowing.

LOL! Good one! 
  • Daner90Daner90 Posts: 90
    Thursday was great but tonight was a AAA show. The buzz in Wrigleyville leading up to the concert was abundant and the boys did not disappoint. The energy on stage was matched by the crowd and tonight was one big party. So happy to be a part of such a great evening and meet so many amazing pearl jammers around the city over the last few days. Not back to reality