The Attempted Assassination of Donald Trump

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,214
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:
    here is a different angle of the shooting. the guy is telling people to move to the left. meaning he may have an idea what is about to happen. but if he knows, why did he not move to protect trump? he moved to the left and knelt down as soon as the first shot rang out. i'm not sure if that is a staffer or secret service, but i would think if secret service he would have went to trump first?

i don't know, just throwing this out there. it seems fishy. and without a proper account and investigation it will continue to seem fishy.

https://x.com/euphorio_/status/1816808285103944110
    Looks like hes ushering away people from the camera and the views being obstructed by the people in front of him.
    Yeah, just telling some folks to move because they were somewhere they weren't supposed to be.
    You'd have to be quite the conspiracy theorist to come up with anything else from that video.
    why would those photographers be allowed that close to a former president, inside the metal railing? i would think they would have had a more secure perimeter, for real.
    You don’t think there’d be professional photographers and journalists at a presidential campaign rally?
    let me guess. you think it is ok and appropriate?
    To have professional photographers at the rally? They have them at every WH press conference and speech. Why wouldn’t rally be different? They have credentials and go through security, safety isn’t going to be an issue.
    ok dude. he is only a former leader of the free world that was at that time ahead in polls and was the likely next leader of the free world. 

this attitude is why security was so lax.

president bush came to town one time and they had the interstates going the opposite direction that he was traveling closed. i know because i was hung up in the traffic for 90 minutes. these people were 10 feet from trump.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,195
    mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:
    here is a different angle of the shooting. the guy is telling people to move to the left. meaning he may have an idea what is about to happen. but if he knows, why did he not move to protect trump? he moved to the left and knelt down as soon as the first shot rang out. i'm not sure if that is a staffer or secret service, but i would think if secret service he would have went to trump first?

i don't know, just throwing this out there. it seems fishy. and without a proper account and investigation it will continue to seem fishy.

Looks like hes ushering away people from the camera and the views being obstructed by the people in front of him.
    Yeah, just telling some folks to move because they were somewhere they weren't supposed to be.
    You'd have to be quite the conspiracy theorist to come up with anything else from that video.
    why would those photographers be allowed that close to a former president, inside the metal railing? i would think they would have had a more secure perimeter, for real.
    You don’t think there’d be professional photographers and journalists at a presidential campaign rally?
    without a secret service agent or uniformed police officer within 5 feet of them? absolutely not.

vetted press corps or campaign worker?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    edited July 27
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:

To have professional photographers at the rally? They have them at every WH press conference and speech. Why wouldn’t rally be different? They have credentials and go through security, safety isn’t going to be an issue.
    ok dude. he is only a former leader of the free world that was at that time ahead in polls and was the likely next leader of the free world. 

president bush came to town one time and they had the interstates going the opposite direction that he was traveling closed. i know because i was hung up in the traffic for 90 minutes. these people were 10 feet from trump.
    Do you not think they vet the media and are not selective who they let in?
    Not like they just let anyone with a disposable camera in there to take pictures. They’re professional photographers who work for CNN and other major media outlets who have been vetted and probably been that close to Biden too.
    Do you get this worried at the camera operators every time Biden speaks too?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:

was bush still president?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    belongs in the musk thread too champion of free speech he is....

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    Trump a total pitiful 💩 human being! Go ahead the fend him tell me what’s so good about him? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:

My cousin had security clearance at the Waldorf.  He brought the President(s) on a special elevator and actually told people to get out of said elevator sometimes.  Too many people.
    He did have one SS and the guy w the football w him at all times. His other details were spread through out.

There were also plenty of SS around that area to watch any up close threats hence why he was swarmed after the shots by 6 agents.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    edited July 29
    mickeyrat said:
    belongs in the musk thread too champion of free speech he is....

yeah I have no doubt that he was shot at and that his ear was clipped by either glass or a bullet shard or something. Hard to believe that it was the actual bullet unless it really was just an extremely lucky miss that just barely touched his ear enough to cause the bleeding but not require stiches or leave a scar.

The kotex he wore at the convention was obvious bullshit. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    wow...Ted Cruz is a fucking idiot with these questions

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,324
    wow...Ted Cruz is a fucking idiot.
    Fify
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    FBI says "they believe" Trump was hit in the ear w a bullet.

No medical documents were used in making this assumption...
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    edited July 31

I'm curious, what documents did you use in making your assumption?
    I've seen no statement from the FBI that backs up your claim that they've seen no medical records, nor conferred with his doctors. 
    Post edited by shecky on
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    shecky said:

I've seen no statement from the FBI that backs up your claim that they've seen no medical records, nor conferred with his doctors. 
    Well, why would he start allowing people to see his medical records or speak with his doctor now?  Remember that’s a thing with him.  That’s what doesn’t make sense with some MAGA postings. Apparently you just can’t remember as well as us.  

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,214
    mickeyrat said:

he is likely diabetic. no way a bullet wound heals that fast in a diabetic patient.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    shecky said:

https://www.reaganlibrary.gov/reagans/reagan-administration/president-reagans-medical-procedures

Here you go this is the way an event like what trumpollini experienced should have been handled total transparency! With this dude it’s all a secret 🤫 
    shecky said:

https://www.reaganlibrary.gov/reagans/reagan-administration/president-reagans-medical-procedures

Here you go this is the way an event like what trumpollini experienced should have been handled total transparency! With this dude it’s all a secret 🤫 
    No way would he approve this.  He just doesn’t want his real weight known.  Good job Jose.  Perfect example!  
    shecky said:

There are no medical records but the FBI dude said this.  I misquoted, my bad.  "Beyond a shadow of a doubt" was the proper venacular.

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/07/30/congress/no-doubt-trump-was-hit-by-bullet-00171861
    shecky said:

There are no medical records but the FBI dude said this.  I misquoted, my bad.  "Beyond a shadow of a doubt" was the proper venacular.

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/07/30/congress/no-doubt-trump-was-hit-by-bullet-00171861
    I always believed it was a bullet but he was such a lucky SOB.  If it was anything else I think we would have seen shattered plastic/glass.  

• shecky said:

says the guy who literally never posts his sources. haha
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

gift.....

Secret Service finds protecting Trump is extraordinarily challenging
    By Josh Dawsey and Carol D. Leonnig
    August 18, 2024 at 16:55 ET
    Just before Donald Trump held a rally in Doral, Fla., on July 9, Secret Service officials delivered his campaign a message: The former president and his advisers would notice additional security because the U.S. government had credible intelligence of threats against him.
    “The bad guys are at it again,” an adviser said, describing the Secret Service’s message.
    Days later, a Pakistani national was arrested during an FBI sting after allegedly taking part in a murder-for-hire plot on behalf of Iran targeting a politician or government official on U.S. soil. Officials familiar with the investigation said this month that the alleged plot raised concerns about Trump’s safety and prompted a number of meetings among top Justice Department officials.
    On July 13, Trump was grazed by a bullet at a campaign rally in Pennsylvania when a gunman fired shots from an unsecured roof about 150 yards away. It left Trump’s team shocked that the gunman — who had no known connection to Iran or any other foreign power — had such a clear shot at him from such a close distance, given they had been informed just days earlier that the Secret Service was on high alert.
    The series of events in early July illustrates the extraordinary challenges facing the Secret Service as it attempts to protect Trump — a former president running for office again and one of the world’s most recognizable people. He not only holds large-scale campaign rallies — as he plans to do this week — but also routinely hangs out with scores of people at the Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla., and his other resorts.
    The difficulties have prompted numerous arguments over the past 3½ years between agency officials, Trump and his advisers. His aides grew increasingly angry as many of their requests for additional security were rebuffed by the Secret Service, according to eight people familiar with the events, who like others for this story spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe internal discussions. They were also enraged that his Secret Service detail and team were not told for 30 minutes as police officials searched for a reported suspicious person at the July 13 rally who turned out to be the gunman, Thomas Matthew Crooks.
    Trump aides say they had sometimes been forced to cancel or reschedule events when aides felt the venues were not going to be sufficiently secure. They described repeatedly being denied pleas for more snipers, bomb-sniffing dogs, magnetometers and specialty teams to protect Trump, often because agency higher-ups said extra resources were not available. Trump and his campaign have a close relationship with his security detail.
    Secret Service leaders have described the July 13 shooting as a failure, with former director Kimberly Cheatle resigning under pressure after she appeared to blame local police for not better securing the site and falsely claiming the agency never denied Trump detail requests for added security before the shooting. The assassination attempt has raised renewed questions about the Service’s competence that flared a decade ago. On July 13, the Service failed to tackle an obvious risk it has made a top priority since President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963: keeping a gunman on high ground from having a clear shot at the top officials they protect.

continues......

mickeyrat said:
    gift.....

Just before Donald Trump held a rally in Doral, Fla., on July 9, Secret Service officials delivered his campaign a message: The former president and his advisers would notice additional security because the U.S. government had credible intelligence of threats against him.
    “The bad guys are at it again,” an adviser said, describing the Secret Service’s message.
    Days later, a Pakistani national was arrested during an FBI sting after allegedly taking part in a murder-for-hire plot on behalf of Iran targeting a politician or government official on U.S. soil. Officials familiar with the investigation said this month that the alleged plot raised concerns about Trump’s safety and prompted a number of meetings among top Justice Department officials.
    On July 13, Trump was grazed by a bullet at a campaign rally in Pennsylvania when a gunman fired shots from an unsecured roof about 150 yards away. It left Trump’s team shocked that the gunman — who had no known connection to Iran or any other foreign power — had such a clear shot at him from such a close distance, given they had been informed just days earlier that the Secret Service was on high alert.
    The series of events in early July illustrates the extraordinary challenges facing the Secret Service as it attempts to protect Trump — a former president running for office again and one of the world’s most recognizable people. He not only holds large-scale campaign rallies — as he plans to do this week — but also routinely hangs out with scores of people at the Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla., and his other resorts.
    The difficulties have prompted numerous arguments over the past 3½ years between agency officials, Trump and his advisers. His aides grew increasingly angry as many of their requests for additional security were rebuffed by the Secret Service, according to eight people familiar with the events, who like others for this story spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe internal discussions. They were also enraged that his Secret Service detail and team were not told for 30 minutes as police officials searched for a reported suspicious person at the July 13 rally who turned out to be the gunman, Thomas Matthew Crooks.
    Trump aides say they had sometimes been forced to cancel or reschedule events when aides felt the venues were not going to be sufficiently secure. They described repeatedly being denied pleas for more snipers, bomb-sniffing dogs, magnetometers and specialty teams to protect Trump, often because agency higher-ups said extra resources were not available. Trump and his campaign have a close relationship with his security detail.
    Secret Service leaders have described the July 13 shooting as a failure, with former director Kimberly Cheatle resigning under pressure after she appeared to blame local police for not better securing the site and falsely claiming the agency never denied Trump detail requests for added security before the shooting. The assassination attempt has raised renewed questions about the Service’s competence that flared a decade ago. On July 13, the Service failed to tackle an obvious risk it has made a top priority since President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963: keeping a gunman on high ground from having a clear shot at the top officials they protect.

continues......

Doesn't this show the incompetency of Cheatle even more?
    mickeyrat said:
    gift.....

continues......

certainly underlings for sure. Heads of departments would typically delegate that sort of thing, no?

We have seen a decline in usss integrity/competency since 9/11 when they were moved from Treasury oversight to Homeland Security oversight. Any reform needs to start there in my opinion. Which raises a question now that I think about it. What if any was Homelands role in all this?  USSS is now tasked with more folks to protect.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    shecky said:

I always believed it was a bullet but he was such a lucky SOB.  If it was anything else I think we would have seen shattered plastic/glass.  

Exactly my thought.
    A lot of people were blaming shattered glass, but I never saw one picture of a broken teleprompter. I saw video of a crane or something in the background where a bullet pierced a hydraulic hose. You'd think if there was broke glass somewhere, there'd be evidence of it all over.
    So it almost certainly was a bullet and just grazed his ear, talking about 1 or 2 mm from taking his ear off, and a cm from killing him. Definitely very lucky. 
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    gift.....

continues......

certainly underlings for sure. Heads of departments would typically delegate that sort of thing, no?

We have seen a decline in usss integrity/competency since 9/11 when they were moved from Treasury oversight to Homeland Security oversight. Any reform needs to start there in my opinion. Which raises a question now that I think about it. What if any was Homelands role in all this?  USSS is now tasked with more folks to protect.
    I'll agree on the underlings but she signs off on them and is in charge of them so start with the head.  I'm not in charge and I know to have someone on that damn roof.
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    gift.....

continues......

I'll agree on the underlings but she signs off on them and is in charge of them so start with the head.  I'm not in charge and I know to have someone on that damn roof.
    She resigned...what more do you want her to do?

Whoever was in charge that day fucked up royally. They should never be put in charge of any event ever again.

He’s senile doesn’t even bring it up anymore! He’s moved on saying he’s better looking than KH 😂😂
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    gift.....

continues......

Whoever was in charge that day fucked up royally. They should never be put in charge of any event ever again.
    She did exactly what I wanted her to do, resign.  We are discussing the article and how it makes her look bad.

They need to take a real good look at whos running that and put some better people in charge.
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    gift.....

continues......

She did exactly what I wanted her to do, resign.  We are discussing the article and how it makes her look bad.

They need to take a real good look at whos running that and put some better people in charge.

these issues go back much farther than her tenure.

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    gift.....

continues......

these issues go back much farther than her tenure.
    Your article mentioned that.  The unfortunate thing is that she was a part of that regime in the past and continued it with a former president getting shot under her watch.  There is no defending that. 

Trump blowing the SS budget says something too.  What crazy schemes are you up to that puts yourself in jeopardy?  Maybe a photo op during some turbulence in front of a church?

It needs overhauling and I just wonder if people that worked under the SS in the past are worth running it now?