The Attempted Assassination of Donald Trump

tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
edited July 23 in A Moving Train
This should have it's own thread.
Post edited by tempo_n_groove on

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
    Cheatle tin charge of the Secret Service was grilled yesterday by both parties and have zero confidence in her.  She doubled down on herself though.

I think she should resign and should never have been in the position in the =first place it seems.

BBC has a good article on it.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/live/c724wqpy4qnt
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    Yes she should resign or be fired but otherwise it’s time to move past this or I really don’t care! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,360
    This actually infuriates me.  Its a kangaroo court.  They aren't doing any real work to review the situation and identify the gaps, they simply want the scapegoat.  It's the very worst type of managing and it's all our congress ever does.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,341
    Yes she should resign or be fired but otherwise it’s time to move past this or I really don’t care! 
    Is it though? I see people constantly bringing up that he told them to drink bleach and that was 4 years ago. Whether you like Trump or hate him, this was an extremely significant event in our history that happened two weeks ago. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Is it though? I see people constantly bringing up that he told them to drink bleach and that was 4 years ago. Whether you like Trump or hate him, this was an extremely significant event in our history that happened two weeks ago. 
    I understand it was a giant fumble by the SS no doubt but will we ever get to the whole truth of what happened I don’t think so! And I don’t believe he wants an investigation to get to the bottom of it. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    I understand it was a giant fumble by the SS no doubt but will we ever get to the whole truth of what happened I don’t think so! And I don’t believe he wants an investigation to get to the bottom of it. 
    Do we ever get the whole truth about anything? I don’t thinks so. So I definitely agree about that. It’s all a big show and nothing will come out of it. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Speaking of lapses in security: Lapses persist for Capitol Hill panic buttons two years after insurrection

That reminds me, whatever happened to this guy?

Also:
    On July 14, 2022, it was reported that "Members of the U.S. Secret Service erased text messages from January 5th and 6th, 2021, shortly after the Department of Homeland Security inspector general requested them as part of an investigation into the agency's response to the 2021 United States Capitol attack, according to a letter written by the inspector general to congressional leaders.

On July 20, 2022, Gladys Ayala, the Deputy Inspector General (IG) of the Department of Homeland Security notified the Secret Service that her office was investigating the disappearance of text messages and emails regarding the siege of the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, characterizing their disappearance as an "ongoing criminal investigation." 
    CM189191 said:
    Speaking of lapses in security: Lapses persist for Capitol Hill panic buttons two years after insurrection

Also:
    On July 14, 2022, it was reported that "Members of the U.S. Secret Service erased text messages from January 5th and 6th, 2021, shortly after the Department of Homeland Security inspector general requested them as part of an investigation into the agency's response to the 2021 United States Capitol attack, according to a letter written by the inspector general to congressional leaders.

On July 20, 2022, Gladys Ayala, the Deputy Inspector General (IG) of the Department of Homeland Security notified the Secret Service that her office was investigating the disappearance of text messages and emails regarding the siege of the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, characterizing their disappearance as an "ongoing criminal investigation." 

Secret Service chief James Murray leaving agency for Snapchat

weird, I wonder if Snapchat played any part in January 6th
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Also:

I believe there’s a topic for January 6. This thread is about something different 
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Also:

things that make you go hmmm...

Snapchat Maps Used to Bust Capitol Rioters
    Encryption poised to hamper Jan. 6 investigators’ phone records push
    Snapchat permanently bans President Trump
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Also:

things that make you go hmmm...

Snapchat Maps Used to Bust Capitol Rioters
    Encryption poised to hamper Jan. 6 investigators’ phone records push
    Snapchat permanently bans President Trump
    And finally...

The agency, which is already under scrutiny for its response to the Trump rally shooting, also faced criticism for how it handled the Capitol riot.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    I know the buck stops with her but Cheatle wasn't at the event making the decisions that were made. Who was in charge that day? That's the person that needs to get grilled.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    This actually infuriates me.  Its a kangaroo court.  They aren't doing any real work to review the situation and identify the gaps, they simply want the scapegoat.  It's the very worst type of managing and it's all our congress ever does.
    So I see this two ways.  They actually asked her "how" this happened and where the breach was and she declined to answer it.  That is one.

The other maybe to not discuss how they internally effed up so people can't follow the playbook for a second attempt.
    I know the buck stops with her but Cheatle wasn't at the event making the decisions that were made. Who was in charge that day? That's the person that needs to get grilled.

She is still the person in charge that signs off on the detail.

Correct as I mentioned the buck stops with her. She is guilty of trusting the person in charge that day. Who was that?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

Correct as I mentioned the buck stops with her. She is guilty of trusting the person in charge that day. Who was that?
    I tried googling it and don't come up with anything.  I understand what you are getting at but it still falls on her shoulders.  The person that was in charge that day will most likely be removed from their position also.
    @tempo_n_groove

The Attempted Assignation of Donald Trump

• teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    It’s bi-partisan that she should resign. Biden should fire her but he is incapable of doing it. The American public has no confidence in her to protect any former or current President. 
    Social media is brutal to those female agents right now. The one that couldn't holster her weapon, etc.

Social media is brutal to those female agents right now. The one that couldn't holster her weapon, etc.

Aren’t those agents supposed to be the best of the best tho? Barney Fife had better gun handling skills.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281

That was one of the first things I noticed when this all happened.
    I know it’s a high stress situation. But aren’t these supposed to be the best in the country? How are you unable to holster your gun?
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,275
    Guys, the roof was clearly too sloped. These are secret service agents, not mountaineers.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,214
    feels like debating something that happened months ago. the head of secret service needs to go and they need to do a better job. 

i feel like this is a waste of time unless we get the exact details of what happened, including medical reports.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    She just resigned!
    I imagine Biden asked for it

• jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,993
    nicknyr15 said:
    @tempo_n_groove

Yeah, what's was the attempt to assign him to?  :smirk:
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas | 2024-08-31 Chicago
    I imagine Biden asked for it
    He should have fired her. Members of Congress had to ask for it yesterday.
    She just resigned! 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    jwhjr17 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    @tempo_n_groove

They tried to assign him death.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,214
    mace1229 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    @tempo_n_groove

They tried to assign him death.
    they need to assign him how to act like an adult and leader of a political party.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."