** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,542
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    3 year anniversary of the botched Afghanistan withdrawal yesterday. Families of the 13 killed at Abbey Gate stated neither Kamala Harris or Joe Biden never contacted them offering condolences. Thank you Kamala for being the last one in the room!

At least Joe offered condolences to the guy in Kabul he blew up loading water bottles in his trunk. 

How sick are Biden and Harris?
    President Biden’s choices for how to execute a withdrawal from Afghanistan were severely constrained by conditions created by his predecessor. When President Trump took office in 2017, there were more than 10,000 troops in Afghanistan. Eighteen months later, after introducing more than 3,000 additional troops just to maintain the stalemate, President Trump ordered direct talks with the Taliban without consulting with our allies and partners or allowing the Afghan government at the negotiating table. In September 2019, President Trump embolded the Taliban by publicly considering inviting them to Camp David on the anniversary of 9/11. In February 2020, the United States and the Taliban reached a deal, known as the Doha Agreement, under which the United States agreed to withdraw all U.S. forces from Afghanistan by May 2021. In return, the Taliban agreed to participate in a peace process and refrain from attacking U.S. troops and threatening Afghanistan’s major cities—but only as long as the United States remained committed to withdraw by the agreement’s deadline. As part of the deal, President Trump also pressured the Afghan government to release 5,000 Taliban fighters from prison, including senior war commanders, without securing the release of the only American hostage known to be held by the Taliban.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/US-Withdrawal-from-Afghanistan.pdf
    I mean, this is basically propaganda from the WH to paint themselves as good as possible. Not that some of it doesn't have merit, but it also has a purpose, downplay mistakes and ramp up failures of others. I don't think I would choose this topic as a defense for Biden or Harris. Yes, they did get the US out, but the execution was flawed. Most of us who aren't in a cult recognize the challenges created by Trump, the rest only care about semantics.
    how so? One suicide bomber was the issue. Preventable? Maybe...but anyone willing to commit suicide is going to be hard to stop.

That's the extent of the deaths right? Would that have occurred at some point regardless of the withdrawal? How many people would have been dead by now if we hadn't withdrawn?
    Does that excuse Biden/Harris never contacting the families of those who died at Abbey Gate? Or looking bored and checking his watch as caskets rolled off the plane?

This is just nonsense. Biden met with families privately within a few weeks. Has he called them since? Maybe not, but you know the only reason Trump is now doing it is for political reasons and points with the military families. If being used as political ploys makes them feel considered, I guess, good for them, but let's not pretend there's any other intention to it.

And the watch thing is more semantics. It's just something to project more anger about. I don't care if Biden looked at his watch or if Trump had checked to make sure his tie was down to his knees. Those things don't matter to real voters. That's grievance politics and it's meant to stoke anger for disingenuous reasons, but you also already know that. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    It's the same as the Benghazi bs...we were under attack and the opposite party lights themselves on fire to gain a political advantage. This pattern is part of the problem right now. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    edited August 27
    teskeinc said:
    It shows how brainwashed this forum is when Zuckerberg just admitted that the Biden/Harris administration coerced Facebook to censor things not favorable to them. And no one can even step up and say what they did was totally wrong.You were lied to, you think that was the only app or medium? Wake up!

Regardless of your political affiliation there are some things that shouldn’t be defended. 
    Facebook still had a choice and they went ahead with what the Admin asked. They did put pressure on Meta. They probably shouldn't have. But also, I get why. There was abject unseriousness in 2020 when dealing with Covid from the previous admin and they were trying to get on a better footing. Wanting to clear out misinformation and jokes that could be misconstrued, they asked Meta to help. Meta agreed and now they regrets is. Thats fine, as is their prerogative, but it is seemingly nowhere near as nefarious as you are projecting it to be. 

“When confronted with a deadly pandemic, this Administration encouraged responsible actions to protect public health and safety,” the statement said. “Our position has been clear and consistent: we believe tech companies and other private actors should take into account the effects their actions have on the American people, while making independent choices about the information they present.”
    But heres the issue, its complicated. Every single fucking issue is complicated. You can look at it as black and white and you seeming do, post after post here. Its all grey and nuanced. And everyone has their justifications. Very few things are truly disqualifying. But you roll in here time and time again with takes that omit context or not the whole story, or playing loose and free with the details or the ABSOLUTE certainty that you and your POV are correct. And its tiring. Everything is grey man.
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,442
    edited August 27
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    3 year anniversary of the botched Afghanistan withdrawal yesterday. Families of the 13 killed at Abbey Gate stated neither Kamala Harris or Joe Biden never contacted them offering condolences. Thank you Kamala for being the last one in the room!

At least Joe offered condolences to the guy in Kabul he blew up loading water bottles in his trunk. 

President Biden’s choices for how to execute a withdrawal from Afghanistan were severely constrained by conditions created by his predecessor. When President Trump took office in 2017, there were more than 10,000 troops in Afghanistan. Eighteen months later, after introducing more than 3,000 additional troops just to maintain the stalemate, President Trump ordered direct talks with the Taliban without consulting with our allies and partners or allowing the Afghan government at the negotiating table. In September 2019, President Trump embolded the Taliban by publicly considering inviting them to Camp David on the anniversary of 9/11. In February 2020, the United States and the Taliban reached a deal, known as the Doha Agreement, under which the United States agreed to withdraw all U.S. forces from Afghanistan by May 2021. In return, the Taliban agreed to participate in a peace process and refrain from attacking U.S. troops and threatening Afghanistan’s major cities—but only as long as the United States remained committed to withdraw by the agreement’s deadline. As part of the deal, President Trump also pressured the Afghan government to release 5,000 Taliban fighters from prison, including senior war commanders, without securing the release of the only American hostage known to be held by the Taliban.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/US-Withdrawal-from-Afghanistan.pdf
    I mean, this is basically propaganda from the WH to paint themselves as good as possible. Not that some of it doesn't have merit, but it also has a purpose, downplay mistakes and ramp up failures of others. I don't think I would choose this topic as a defense for Biden or Harris. Yes, they did get the US out, but the execution was flawed. Most of us who aren't in a cult recognize the challenges created by Trump, the rest only care about semantics.
    how so? One suicide bomber was the issue. Preventable? Maybe...but anyone willing to commit suicide is going to be hard to stop.

That's the extent of the deaths right? Would that have occurred at some point regardless of the withdrawal? How many people would have been dead by now if we hadn't withdrawn?
    Does that excuse Biden/Harris never contacting the families of those who died at Abbey Gate? Or looking bored and checking his watch as caskets rolled off the plane?

This is just nonsense. Biden met with families privately within a few weeks. Has he called them since? Maybe not, but you know the only reason Trump is now doing it is for political reasons and points with the military families. If being used as political ploys makes them feel considered, I guess, good for them, but let's not pretend there's any other intention to it.

And the watch thing is more semantics. It's just something to project more anger about. I don't care if Biden looked at his watch or if Trump had checked to make sure his tie was down to his knees. Those things don't matter to real voters. That's grievance politics and it's meant to stoke anger for disingenuous reasons, but you also already know that. 
    I watched an interview yesterday on FOX with a mother of a soldier that stated otherwise. The CNN anchor was in disbelief. Keep defending and spreading lies tho.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6348404020112
    Post edited by teskeinc on
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

edited August 27
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:

I watched an interview yesterday on FOX with a mother of a soldier that stated otherwise. The CNN anchor was in disbelief. Keep defending and spreading lies tho.

Stated otherwise to what? Meeting with families, we'll, he did. You can find that information on your own pretty easily.

Defending and spreading lies? Haha! Ok, all you do is share half truths and slanted takes on issues so I guess not "lies". 
    Post edited by tbergs on
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:

Stated otherwise to what?
    She literally just said on a CNN interview that Biden never reached out to her. You stated that Biden met with families within a few weeks. Was that your opinion or are you calling the mother of a dead soldier a liar?
    2020 Phoenix, SD

teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:

Stated otherwise to what?
    She literally just said on a CNN interview that Biden never reached out to her. You stated that Biden met with families within a few weeks. Was that your opinion or are you calling the mother of a dead soldier a liar?
    Look at you twist words and find that black and white again. As I mentioned, reached out, maybe not, but he did meet with the families, that's fact. Whether she was present isn't made clear in that snippet. Also, she seems to be the mother-in-law. Not that she isn't family, but calling her the mother is once again, disingenuous. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,173
    Why would anyone want to meet with the family members of “suckers and losers?”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    yep...if they don't have the Presidential Medal of Freedom they aren't worth meeting with
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    It is acceptable if it is for a very public photo op.
    www.myspace.com
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,999
    What a way to spend one's time. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,173
    The troll is questioning the man who’s son honourably served in Iraq rather than Bone Spurs POOTWH who’s family has never sacrificed a thing during their petty, little lives. Tells you all you need to know.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    How do people feel about the Russian stooge Muskadoodledoo interfering in the Ukraine conflict with Starlink he’s done it a couple of times to help Russia! Why is that? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited August 27
    I just read this article about Harris "flip flopping" on the border issue. How is this news? It simply says she supports the bipartisan border bill and would sign that into law, if possible, if elected. We've known that. 

Is Trump insinuating she now supports his views on this issue? If so, why did he kill the deal? lol

Can't want for the debate

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/27/kamala-harris-flip-flops-border-wall
    www.myspace.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    How do people feel about the Russian stooge Muskadoodledoo interfering in the Ukraine conflict with Starlink he’s done it a couple of times to help Russia! Why is that? 
    What is he doing?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    I just read this article about Harris "flip flopping" on the border issue. How is this news? It simply says she supports the bipartisan border bill and would sign that into law, if possible, if elected. We've known that. 

Is Trump insinuating she now supports his views on this issue? If so, why did he kill the deal? lol

He will back out! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    pjl44 said:
    I did not expect to be coaxed into agreeing with W staffers on the Pearl Jam forum. What a world!
    It's about what's important.  It's about the Constitutional order and whether the president will live up to expectations of the office. Trump has already proven himself unfit. 

He will back out! 
    35:1!!! You'll be printing money.

https://polymarket.com/event/trump-x-kamala-debate-before-election
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    edited August 27
    Won't do an interview
    Won't take press gaggle questions (on the record)
    Doesn't have policies and positions up on her website

Won't do an interview
    Won't take press gaggle questions (on the record)
    Doesn't have policies and positions up on her website

Praise be!
    It's unironically good and I hope many more to follow. Slightly curious they're doing it together but I'll reserve judgement until it's over.
    edited August 27
    She needs to do one by herself. I was hoping it would not be a joint one. That is disappointing...although happy it is so soon though.
    www.myspace.com
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,015
    pjl44 said:
    It's unironically good and I hope many more to follow. Slightly curious they're doing it together but I'll reserve judgement until it's over.
    probably because it is a ticket of two people would be my guess.

as opposed to a ticket of one person golfing and getting all the press and the other guy out actually campaigning and doing the heavy lifting.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    pjl44 said:

as opposed to a ticket of one person golfing and getting all the press and the other guy out actually campaigning and doing the heavy lifting.
    Come on now
    pjl44 said:

Nah....now the line of attack is why can't she do an interview by herself? I think this is an unforced error by her campaign. 
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,611
    pjl44 said:

Nah....now the line of attack is why can't she do an interview by herself? I think this is an unforced error by her campaign. 

lets reserve judgement until it airs. see the types of questions for each. remember, fuckstick got easy softball shit...... on the same network.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:

lets reserve judgement until it airs. see the types of questions for each. remember, fuckstick got easy softball shit...... on the same network.
    Sure. But any time its both the nominee and running mate it's usually a softer type of situation.

No matter how it ends up going they're still clearly going to say she still has not done one by herself. I don't think it's a good idea to let them have that argument...unless there's a second one of just her coming not so long after. 
    www.myspace.com
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:

Sure. But any time its both the nominee and running mate it's usually a softer type of situation.

No matter how it ends up going they're still clearly going to say she still has not done one by herself. I don't think it's a good idea to let them have that argument...unless there's a second one of just her coming not so long after. 
    The way I see it, since this is her first interview since running, it'll be good to have the only interview clips out there feature both of them. People who oppose Harris might not for Walz, or vice-versa. I'd be surprised if there aren't more announced within the next week. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

He will back out! 
    Kamala wants the mics on the whole time and needs to have notes. Didn’t the Dems want the opposite in the Biden debate?
    2020 Phoenix, SD

mickeyrat said:
    pjl44 said:

Yeah they always asked him what kind of ice cream he liked and what time he went to bed
    2020 Phoenix, SD