** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,276
    I called the lying liar a liar, I know I'm not "supposed to call people names" - but I provided definitive proof that he's a lying liar who tells lies. Anyway, I'm not sorry at all. But I have blocked the trolling lying liar and will not interact with this lying person anymore.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,444
    I called the lying liar a liar, I know I'm not "supposed to call people names" - but I provided definitive proof that he's a lying liar who tells lies. Anyway, I'm not sorry at all. But I have blocked the trolling lying liar and will not interact with this lying person anymore.

1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    That’s a good call. I’m going to join you. If he was a troll but honest it would be another story.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    teskeinc said:

again. Disingenuous. 

I feel bad because this girl has been meme'd to death. If you see the video where the stills were captured, shes normal and civil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byOlBCpNKeM
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,017
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    say you are not actually an independent without saying you aren't actually an independent.......
    i love it when maga pretends to be independent. it is such an obvious ruse most of the time :lol:
    Anyone who doesn’t wear Women’s underwear is MAGA to you
    well, you are voting maga. why don't you own it?
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    say you are not actually an independent without saying you aren't actually an independent.......
    i love it when maga pretends to be independent. it is such an obvious ruse most of the time :lol:
    Voting for not having 4 more years of 20% inflation. I’m not emotionally attached to a candidate. I don’t care “Orange Man Bad”. I don’t cry over mean tweets. I don’t need a President to be my friend.

2020 Phoenix, SD

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,612
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Voting for not having 4 more years of 20% inflation. I’m not emotionally attached to a candidate. I don’t care “Orange Man Bad”. I don’t cry over mean tweets. I don’t need a President to be my friend.

But you think tRump can cure inflation? He can't. It's a natural cycle.

And it's being cured on its own. The return of the fast food value meal tells you that. Competition will drive prices back down.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:

Then why are you voting for a guy who's policies would cause inflation to increase?

Also, why did Trump kill the bipartisan border bill?

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/trump-win-economists-see-revived-inflation-more-wary-fed-2024-07-25/

In a Trump win, economists see revived inflation and a more wary Fed

July 25, 20248:49 AM EDTUpdated 18 days ago
    US inflation decelerating in boost to economy
    An independent barber waits for customers on his van in a local street in New York, U.S., December 25, 2023. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz Purchase Licensing Rights, opens new tab
    NEW YORK, July 25 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve’s battle to get inflation under control likely faces fresh challenges should Donald Trump regain the White House, a dynamic that could put the U.S. central bank back in the former Republican president's crosshairs.
    A wide range of economists see Trump's tariff agenda, coupled with aims to deport millions of undocumented workers and the likelihood of expanded deficits, reigniting price pressures that are now easing and likely driving the Fed to react with more restrictive monetary policy than is now penciled in.
    Advertisement · Scroll to continue
    Forecasters predict Trump's plan to impose 10%-across-the-board tariffs on imported goods - and even higher rates on Chinese products - would generate a one-time surge in inflation, while deportations would drive up wages for remaining workers, adding to the pressure.
    An Oxford Economics model which looks at the likely policy stances of the candidates, for instance, predicts that under a second Trump administration an inflation measure excluding food and energy prices tracked closely by the Fed would peak between 0.3 and 0.6 percentage point above what would be expected under current appropriations law and policy.
    Advertisement · Scroll to continue
    Report this ad
    That compares with potential excess inflation of between 0.1 and 0.2 percentage point under a Democratic administration led by Vice President Kamala Harris, the presumptive nominee now that President Joe Biden has dropped out of the race. Oxford and others see Harris largely continuing Biden's economic policies.

'LEAGUES AWAY'

Resurgent inflation would be a setback for the Fed, which after aggressive rate rises is on the verge of quelling generation-high inflation, now retreating toward the central bank’s 2% target. Markets now project a September rate cut, with more to follow.
    The video player is currently playing an ad.
    00:18Market Insight: Chinese oil demand has 'weakened considerably'
    “The Trump economic program is inherently inflationary,” said Mark Sobel, U.S. chairman at the Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum and a veteran of the U.S. Treasury Department under both Democratic and Republican presidents. “Much higher tariffs, an expansionary fiscal policy and mass deportation of immigrants: All these factors would combine together to raise inflation and interest rates higher than they otherwise would be.”
    Diane Swonk, chief economist with KPMG U.S., said in a note Trump's tariff increases coupled with a “sharp” curb on foreign workers means “a resurgence" in inflation which would likely force the Fed to hold rates at current levels for “much longer.”
    The trade approach from Biden and Harris "remains leagues away from what Trump has been proposing regarding tariff policy," said Oscar Munoz, chief U.S. macro strategist at TD Securities. Under the anticipated "surgical" trade actions pursued by a Harris administration, he said, "we don't anticipate those policies to represent a meaningful risk for our inflation/growth forecasts."
    Evercore ISI analysts believe the Fed will respond more slowly than markets to a new outlook should Trump win. But a Trump victory could see policymakers dial back some of the cuts now expected for next year, potentially even moving to pencil in a late 2025 rate hike, they said.
    Asked how Trump's policy agenda would buck economists' expectations for higher inflation, Trump campaign National Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said: "The American people don't need economists to tell them which president put more money in their pockets."
    "When President Trump is back in the White House, he will reimplement his pro-growth, pro-energy, pro-jobs agenda to bring down the cost of living and uplift all Americans."

'REACTING TO A CHANGED FORECAST'

How the Fed would factor in implications of a Trump victory is unclear, but at least one former U.S. central banker believes the Fed needs to start taking it into account - even in any consideration of a near-term rate cut.
    “If a Trump victory looks likely, the Fed will need to consider whether cutting based on current data makes sense if likely fiscal actions would cause them to need to reverse policy to counter the inflationary shocks if his publicly announced policies go through,” former Boston Fed leader Eric Rosengren wrote on social media site X this month. “That is not politics, it is reacting to a changed forecast.”
    But Richmond Fed President Thomas Barkin cautioned against that.
    “I think it'd be very hard to make policy today” against expectations of future government actions, he told reporters last week.
    Meanwhile, Fed Chair Jerome Powell earlier this month declined to comment before Congress on the implications of any future policy changes like expanded tariffs.

SLOW BURN

Jason Furman, former chair of the Council of Economic Advisers in the Obama administration and now an economics professor at Harvard University, said the shift in inflation would be a bit of a slow burn. “You're not talking about 5, 6% inflation,” he said, but inflation would be higher than it otherwise would be, and monetary policy would also be tighter.
    Just how a victorious Trump would respond to a Fed that curtails or even reverses any rate cuts is another wildcard. Trump during his term famously clashed with Powell, whom he appointed as Fed chief, but recently told Bloomberg he would not try to oust Powell before his term as chair expires in 2026.
    Barry Eichengreen, professor of economics and political science at the University of California, Berkeley, said at an event in Peru on Friday it’s possible Trump might work to remake the Fed if it stood against the side effects of his policy choices.
    “Come May 2026 President Trump would have a more straightforward option of nominating a more compliant Fed chair” who would not act to offset rising inflation pressures, in turn worsening them, Eichengreen said.
    That said, investors might dramatically increase the costs of heavy-handing the Fed.
    Scott Lincicome, a trade policy expert at the Cato Institute, said “you probably at the very least would see some market response to even the attempts to weaken Fed independence,” and that might prompt elected officials to reconsider such actions.

www.myspace.com
    He was President for 4 years already. But true, Obama did a great job and handed over a great economy. Difference now is Biden/Harris fumbled and caused high inflation, never this bad since Carter.

So you vote for Harris (maybe the nominee) who you already know did a terrible job with inflation or you take a chance on a guy who already did the job and didn’t cause high inflation.

I don’t expect liberals to understand that logic. No matter what Maddow says about it.

2020 Phoenix, SD

teskeinc said:
    He was President for 4 years already. But true, Obama did a great job and handed over a great economy. Difference now is Biden/Harris fumbled and caused high inflation, never this bad since Carter.

So you vote for Harris (maybe the nominee) who you already know did a terrible job with inflation or you take a chance on a guy who already did the job and didn’t cause high inflation.

I don’t expect liberals to understand that logic. No matter what Maddow says about it.

Why would you vote for a guy whose polices are poised to cause inflation to go up? Do you know what a tariff is?

Also, why did Trump kill the bipartisan border bill? Why does Trump want our borders to be open?
    www.myspace.com
    edited August 12
    teskeinc said:

Why would you vote for a guy whose polices are poised to cause inflation to go up? Do you know what a tariff is?

Also, why did Trump kill the bipartisan border bill? Why does Trump want our borders to be open?
    Why didn’t it go up when he was President before? 

Democrats never even had the votes themselves. Trump killed it as a US citizen….. OK
    2020 Phoenix, SD

teskeinc said:

Ridiculous. Inflation is a sign of a hot economy. People have money so they consume...demand cannot keep up with supply so prices increase. Prices stay high until demand falls...kind of like McDonald's now, which is why they are back with the value meal.

Part of the reason is also all of the covid money that entered the economy. I don't know if you are aware of the massive amount of money that was handed over because of those programs. 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited August 12
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

It did. It's been going up your entire life, genius. 

www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,276
    CPI-U has increased by 2.9% over the past 12 months. Average U.S. inflation since 1/20/2021 is 4.7%. It'd be nice if it was lower but it's hardly runaway inflation and it has slowed down. Not sorry if facts get in the way of somebody's good story.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

Democrats never even had the votes themselves. Trump killed it as a US citizen….. OK
    What was the global inflation trend? It went up a bit those years in Sweden I think. Would the US differ?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,612
    waste of time. some arent here with an open mind for open discussion. some are here with an agenda.
    now I will say attempts at convincing are still useful. not for those posters but for others who generally only read here

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

What was the global inflation trend? It went up a bit those years in Sweden I think. Would the US differ?
    Up 20%+ under Biden/Harris. You can run from that number but you can’t hide. Ultimately that’s why Trump wins. It’s the economy, stupid. That line liberals can never wrap their heads around. When Dems lose, that’s always why.
    2020 Phoenix, SD

edited August 12
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

Up 20%+ under Biden/Harris. You can run from that number but you can’t hide. Ultimately that’s why Trump wins. It’s the economy, stupid. That line liberals can never wrap their heads around. When Dems lose, that’s always why.
    Why do more people trust Kamala Harris on the economy now?

Also, there was a global pandemic that caused massive inflation all across the world four years ago. Non stupid people have not forgotten this little tidbit. 
    www.myspace.com
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

Also, there was a global pandemic that caused massive inflation all across the world four years ago. Non stupid people have not forgotten this little tidbit. 
    20%
    2020 Phoenix, SD

teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

20%
    You seem confused. 
    www.myspace.com
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

Funny that you bring up Carville's campaign mantra as that is how Clinton beat out George Bush. That's a Dem beating a Repub bro...over the economy.

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,834
    Why are we now worried about what kind of underwear people are wearing?? How are we classifying those who go commando? Are they communists, or anarchists?

As someone who’s originally from the Midwest, again, one of the reasons that I’ve long called myself a small-c conservative or civil libertarian is because Tim Walz’s “Mind your own damn business.” is burned pretty deeply into who I am. Don’t believe in “gay marriage?” Don’t marry someone of your own gender! Problem solved! Don’t want to be trans? Nobody is forcing you to do so? Feel like dressing in drag for Halloween or whatever? Go for it. You do you, boo.

This really isn’t hard; I don’t get why people make such a big deal out of things that don’t affect them at all.

(Oh: today it’s a black thong from Lululemon. Satisfied?)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    Why are we now worried about what kind of underwear people are wearing?? How are we classifying those who go commando? Are they communists, or anarchists?

As someone who’s originally from the Midwest, again, one of the reasons that I’ve long called myself a small-c conservative or civil libertarian is because Tim Walz’s “Mind your own damn business.” is burned pretty deeply into who I am. Don’t believe in “gay marriage?” Don’t marry someone of your own gender! Problem solved! Don’t want to be trans? Nobody is forcing you to do so? Feel like dressing in drag for Halloween or whatever? Go for it. You do you, boo.

This really isn’t hard; I don’t get why people make such a big deal out of things that don’t affect them at all.

Hahaha.  All this talk about underwear and tampons makes me think there’s a lot of cross dressers out there!  You’re right, do as you wish just don’t hurt anyone.  Simple as that. And remember, your freedoms end where mine begin. If we all follow that we will all get along fine. 
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 553

Hahaha.  All this talk about underwear and tampons makes me think there’s a lot of cross dressers out there!   
    There was a pretty significant representation of LBGTQ+ at the Phoenix rally, it was great to see. When Ashley Furniture comes around, we'll welcome them, too.    
    So Iran might attack Israel...which will result in tRump blathering about how they wouldn't have attacked if he was president.

Yet, Iran hacked his campaign.

Should be interesting.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,275

Kirkland boxers (seriously great fit!) today. But tomorrow could be blue women's underwear. So many choices! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

Kirkland boxers (seriously great fit!) today. But tomorrow could be blue women's underwear. So many choices! 
    I bought some Kirkland boxer briefs and replaced my entire underwear inventory. Best decision I've made in a long time.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,275

I bought some Kirkland boxer briefs and replaced my entire underwear inventory. Best decision I've made in a long time.

Right???? They are a better deal than the Costco rotisserie chicken! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory