** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    edited August 1
    But yes, she is more centrist and I wouldn’t consider her a progressive. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    Anyone saying Harris "too left" to win against Trump, you truly have no idea what "left" really means.
    Democrats are the centre-right to the right-wing Republicans..There is no left party in the US.
    This is a bit of an overstatement. The party has definitely moved more left over the past 15 years. Not a hard left but more progressive than they had been before that. It may seem like a harder shift to some because the republicans have moved hard right. Governing from the center is not a sinful tactic. It forms coalition that’s the most fair to the most amount of people. It may not move fast enough, but Americas governance has always moved more progressive. Sadly it’s slow and there are occasional swings backwards. 
    Yeah I agree...I hoped that tRump's presidency was the "one step back" that would lead to two steps forward. I do feel better about that now but I really hope we don't take another step back.

But if we do we will survive and we will be rid of that orange piece of shit regardless.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    The fact that they have resorted to full on racism not even two weeks in tells you everything you need to know.

Maga dies in three months. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    If Trump loses, he’ll run again in 2028 if he’s still alive. After he dies they’ll find a replacement. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,610
    The fact that they have resorted to full on racism not even two weeks in tells you everything you need to know.

Maga dies in three months. 
    what comes after then?

been slipping and sliding this way since gingrich. could argue from the cynicism of nixon and the southern strategy.  but accelerated in 2010 to tea party wins and later THEY morph into maga.

what comes next?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    If Trump loses, he’ll run again in 2028 if he’s still alive. After he dies they’ll find a replacement. 
    lol...you could be right. I have to say I didn't consider that possibility but the GOP is such a spineless group
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    edited August 1
    I think as soon as Trump is done (define that however you want), you’ll see splinter ideologies of MAGA. They’ll all compete for those weird issues and probably not find a real consensus. Without Trump I think you’ll see some wilderness years. That mid aughts neocon normie republican will always be there but I don’t think they’ll run the party again. It’s weirdos from here on out. 
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    Stop the name-calling now.

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

See the sticky on Porch for more guidance....
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,542
    I think as soon as Trump is done (define that however you want), you’ll see splinter ideologies of MAGA. They’ll all compete for those weird issues and probably not find a real consensus. Without Trump I think you’ll see some wilderness years. That mid aughts neocon normie republican will always be there but I don’t think they’ll run the party again. It’s weirdos from here on out. 
    They'll have a real chance to win back more of the voters if they abandon the MAGA fringe in 2028 and swing back towards the middle, but they seem to be too stupid to do that. They need a real conservative who isn't hung up on culture wars to drag them over.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,015
    tbergs said:
    They'll have a real chance to win back more of the voters if they abandon the MAGA fringe in 2028 and swing back towards the middle, but they seem to be too stupid to do that. They need a real conservative who isn't hung up on culture wars to drag them over.
    a "real conservative" would not be involved in culture wars though.

the current gop has no strategy other than the wage culture wars to get people to the polls. they have no platform other than whatever trump wants and project 2025. that's it. 

the gop is a dead party. it is a cult of trump that functions on grievance politics and culture wars. that is it. that's all they've got.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Yeah. I've always thought Trump would basically kill the republican party...it's just taken a lot longer than we thought. Maga's problem is that it's a cult of his personality. Nobody else is him. 
    www.myspace.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    tbergs said:
    I agree with this but also add they need a "true" conservative  who isn't  obsessed with the grift and owning libs.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,015
    Yeah. I've always thought Trump would basically kill the republican party...it's just taken a lot longer than we thought. Maga's problem is that it's a cult of his personality. Nobody else is him. 
    nobody measures up. the fake billionaire has convinced 10s of millions of people that he is just like them. none of the other gop leaders can do that. 
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,561
    Anyone saying Harris "too left" to win against Trump, you truly have no idea what "left" really means.
    Democrats are the centre-right to the right-wing Republicans..There is no left party in the US.
    This is a bit of an overstatement. The party has definitely moved more left over the past 15 years. Not a hard left but more progressive than they had been before that. It may seem like a harder shift to some because the republicans have moved hard right. Governing from the center is not a sinful tactic. It forms coalition that’s the most fair to the most amount of people. And right now, it’s politically advantageous. It may not move fast enough, but Americas governance has always moved more progressive. Sadly it’s slow and there are occasional swings backwards. 

It's odd to me that people on the right see the democratic party as a whole as being "radically left", especially in a time where the Republican Party has embraced what is easily seen as being radically right.  How much further right can you get than Trump and MAGA?

Also (as kind of an aside)  what has often worked well for acceptance of progressive ideals (especially in environmental issues)  has been work done outside the political arena to affect progressive political outcomes.  For example, in his book Confessions of an Eco-Warrior,  Dave Foreman (who organized the original Earth First! movement before it was infiltrated and compromised from it's "do-no-harm" to any human ethic) said that so-called radical actions (like monkeywrenching) "applies pressure to resource-extraction corporations and government agencies that otherwise are able to resist "legitimate" pressure from law-abiding conservation organizations , and broadens the spectrum of environmental activism so that lobbying by mainstream groups is not considered "extremist"."

Yet somehow, the right seems to think the Democratic party is "radically left".  That's just not true.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,999
    edited August 2
    Good stuff from the Harris campaign. 

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415

Love how they are goading him and getting under his skin.  The orange man boy can't handle it.  The more they do it the more unhinged he becomes.  
    pjhawks said:

Love how they are goading him and getting under his skin.  The orange man boy can't handle it.  The more they do it the more unhinged he becomes.  

Just imagine the rages he goes through behind closed doors.  Scary!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    mickeyrat said:
    Someday he’ll be in charge…..
    there’s a whole lotta rising stars in the Democratic Party…..thank God! 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    mickeyrat said:
    As long as KH wins this year we can look forward to the rising stars but but if he wins it could very well be the last election as we have known them! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    mickeyrat said:
    As long as KH wins this year we can look forward to the rising stars but but if he wins it could very well be the last election as we have known them! 
    You’re absolutely correct.  He said so himself and anyone who doesn’t believe he won’t try is being naive.  

if Pete doesn't get the nod, I would hope serious consideration by given for Sec State, but with 2 young kids.......

• mickeyrat said:

A desperate move by Trump to attempt to change the debate to FoxNews instead of ABC by claiming to have a conflict of interest. He agreed to the September 10th debate on ABC in May 2024 https://apnews.com/article/2024-election-presidential-debates-biden-trump-6b1d1dbb2ed61c7637041b23662d7da8 , well after he sued ABC in March 2024 https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/19/media/trump-sues-abc-news-george-stephanopoulos/index.html . Apparently, there was no conflict of interest when the debate was with Biden. Funny how that works.

OPINION

Kamala Harris is once-in-a-generation candidate and this is a once-in-a-generation moment for America

Elections are about the future forecast

Published August 3, 2024 12:04pm EDT

Kamala Harris secures enough delegates for presidential nomination

Fox News senior White House correspondent Jacqui Heinrich has more on who Kamala Harris might choose to join her on the presidential ticket on 'Special Report.'

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
    Listen to this article
    0:00 / 5:31
    BeyondWords

From the sidewalks of Oakland to the halls of the White House, Kamala Harris’ story is the stuff dreams are made of…the American Dream. Because where else could the daughter of immigrants rise to the highest office in the land, shattering glass ceilings all along the way? Only in America.

Of course, she had plenty of examples to show her what was possible. Coming to America from India at only 19-years-old, her mother became a celebrated biologist. Her father had come from Jamaica, studied at UC Berkeley and became a renowned economist and professor at Stanford. So, they raised her not only to see what is and what has been, but to imagine what is possible -- not who we are, but who we can be.

It worked because she thrived on that possibility. It took her to Vanier College in Montreal, Howard University and the University of California College of Law, San Francisco. It drove her to organize for justice. It helped her prosecute murderers and rapists as the District Attorney’s chief of the Career Criminal Division and eventually become San Francisco’s district attorney herself, then attorney general, U.S. senator and vice president.

IT'S OFFICIAL: VICE PRESIDENT KAMALA HARRIS GOES OVER THE TOP AND CLINCHES DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL NOMINATION

placeholder

It gave her the moral clarity to fight the big banks who paid for their own misdeeds by foreclosing on working families. It gave her the strength to fight for students and veterans who were taken advantage of by a for-profit education company and it gave her the tools to win bringing rent relief and badly needed resources to low-income communities during the COVID-19 pandemic, to deliver student debt relief to countless American, to help create millions of new jobs and more.

From campaign calls to rallies to local volunteers knocking on doors on a Saturday morning, folks are getting tuned in all across this nation like we’ve never seen before. It’s unprecedented. It’s historic.

Now, because it’s her time and her turn, she is zooming through and into history and nobody deserves it more. Yes, we recognize that politics is a contact sport and we know that the attacks will come. In fact, some are coming already.

But we also recognize that a lot of the folks wearing different jerseys than we are keep running the same old plays of racism, bigotry, misogyny, ignorance and hate. From birtherism 2.0 and dismissing the vice president as a DEI hire, to claiming she "became Black" and purposefully mispronouncing her name, it’s clear that the closer we get to history, the louder and sicker they become.

placeholder

2024 CASH DASH: HARRIS LAPS TRUMP IN LATEST FUNDRAISING FIGURES

That’s OK. She can take it because the contrast is easy to see.

It’s not just about the prosecutor vs. the felon or even the undeniable truth vs. rapid fire lies. It’s about progress vs extremism. It’s about who we can be.

placeholder

Think about the landmark legislation Vice President Harris helped marshal through Congress and into law. Think about all the executive orders to raise wages, fight climate change, protect reproductive freedom and more that she helped make reality. Now compare that to the four years of deprivation and degradation we saw under Donald J. Trump. 

1 OF THESE 5 DEMOCRATS COULD BE HARRIS' RUNNING MATE

Of course, elections are about the future forecast. So, compare former President Donald Trump’s all but official endorsement of the plans laid out in Project 2025 to President Harris signing a real bipartisan border security bill into law, protecting a woman’s right to control her own body and make her own health care decisions, extending the child tax credit that cut child poverty in half, building on the more than 15 million jobs she already helped create. 

placeholder

Compare Trump’s plan to declare martial law to President Harris strengthening the middle class, growing small businesses, expanding health care, keeping medical debt off your credit report and making sure no one raises taxes on Americans who make less than $400,000 per year.

While Harris knows that affordable internet is a must not a plus for all Americans, the MAGA Republicans refuse to fund the Affordable Connectivity Program. And while they’re screaming about imagined crises, we’re talking about raising wages, closing the wealth gap, lowering the cost of childcare and making sure getting sick doesn’t mean going broke.

That’s just a hint of the differences.

placeholder

CLICK HERE FOR MORE FOX NEWS OPINION

Simply put, Vice President Harris is a once-in-a-generation candidate who has generated more power and energy for this country than Duke Power. It’s been less than a month since she announced her campaign for president and she’s already unifying the Democratic base, expanding our coalition, stretching the map and forcing the Republicans to short circuit.

In less than two weeks, Vice President Harris has recruited nearly 200,000 volunteers, sparked nationwide grassroots organization, secured the Democratic nomination and raised $310 million, which is twice as much as Trump raised through all of July. 

placeholder

From campaign calls to rallies to local volunteers knocking on doors on a Saturday morning, folks are getting tuned in all across this nation like we’ve never seen before. It’s unprecedented. It’s historic.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Vice President Kamala Harris is a once-in-a-generation candidate and this is a once-in-a-generation moment for America. The choice is clear. Will we choose truth or lies? Will we choose hope or hate? Will we choose the future or be doomed to repeat the past?

placeholder

Well, like the vice president says, we are not going back.

Antjuan Seawright is a Democratic political strategist, founder and CEO of Blueprint Strategy LLC and a senior visiting fellow at Third Way. Follow him on X, formerly known as Twitter @antjuansea.

Antjuan Seawright is a Democratic political strategist, founder and CEO of Blueprint Strategy LLC and a senior visiting fellow at Third Way. Follow him on X, formerly known as Twitter @antjuansea.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ©2024 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper.

mickeyrat said:
    if Pete doesn't get the nod, I would hope serious consideration by given for Sec State, but with 2 young kids.......

I think Pete Buttigieg is one of our best politicians out there.  But that said, what are the chances of a black female/ person of color and gay man being elected president/vice president in the U.S. at this time in history?  I really hesitate to say that could happen.  I really do.

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,834
    On the other hand, some criticism of Pete in 2020 focused on whether or not he was "gay enough" -- kind of like "Is Obama Black enough?" I guess. Pete is a veteran and a Midwesterner, and the kind of well-spoken, polite guy older people like, regardless of who his spouse is (meaning, regardless of his sexuality -- I think Chasten is great!). I think it would be foolish of Dems to sideline their most gifted politician over an issue that's going to be a non-issue for anyone remotely inclined to vote for the Democratic ticket. I suspect that the people who wouldn't vote for a gay man already weren't/aren't going to vote for a brown lady. 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    On the other hand, some criticism of Pete in 2020 focused on whether or not he was "gay enough" -- kind of like "Is Obama Black enough?" I guess. Pete is a veteran and a Midwesterner, and the kind of well-spoken, polite guy older people like, regardless of who his spouse is (meaning, regardless of his sexuality -- I think Chasten is great!). I think it would be foolish of Dems to sideline their most gifted politician over an issue that's going to be a non-issue for anyone remotely inclined to vote for the Democratic ticket. I suspect that the people who wouldn't vote for a gay man already weren't/aren't going to vote for a brown lady. 

Good point and I hope you're right (although, of course, I wish it were not true that anyone would chose not to vote for someone strictly based on the color of someone's skin or their sexual orientation).   
    What concerns me is that I think it's quite possible that there are a sizable number of people in this country who are intelligent and/or well educated, who are not racially biased, yet who are uncomfortable with anyone being gay (let alone other non-heterosexual orientations).  I don't think that's uncommon.  And, should it turn out to be a tight race (quite possible, I'm afraid),  I don't think taking any chance of losing this election is worth the gamble.  It's all on the table this time.  The U.S. is going to go one of two very distinct direction at the end of this year- freedom and democracy, or authoritarian control under an crazy dictator.  I don't mean this to come across as argumentative (you know I think you're great, C!) but I'm not willing to bet even classy, beautiful, brilliant Pete on this one.  Not this time. 
    In any case, of course, we don't get to decide, and whomever Harris chooses, I will be 100% behind them.

A near complete reversal of fortunes for one Donald J Trump in the span of a couple weeks. Incredible. 

www.myspace.com