** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,999
    Yeah it's odd...people are proud of that shit. Another reason why the outrage over the Olympics opening ceremony is so hilarious to me. The "fuck your feelings" party got their feelings hurt.

red hat = white hood
    red hat = white hood I hate that.  I can agree with some of the things Republicans do without being associated as a member of the clan...
    Have you considered that if the MAGA cult wasn’t invoking pre-Civil Rights Act America, the comparison wouldn’t apply? 
    Them wanting to turn back the clock to the 50's way of living?

That’s another, much nicer way of saying they want to turn the clock back to pre-civil rights act America, sure. Idk why one would extend the benefit of the doubt to trump & his cult after all we’ve seen though. 
    I get the wanting the 50's back thing.  If you could make it where I worked at a convenience store and could afford a house, car and wife sign me up!
    I can’t imagine anyone doesn’t yearn for a simpler way of life. Who wouldn’t? 

That doesn’t mean it isn’t a dog whistle pandering to white supremacists. You may not think trump is on David Duke’s side, but David Duke thinks trump is on David Duke’s side and is very, VERY vocal about it. Why that’s overlooked / ignored is hard to understand. 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,834
    When T---p says Russia and China would walk all over Harris "because of the way she looks" -- what do you call a dog whistle that anyone can hear?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,610
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,002
    When T---p says Russia and China would walk all over Harris "because of the way she looks" -- what do you call a dog whistle that anyone can hear?
    Because she's a woman?
    Yeah it's odd...people are proud of that shit. Another reason why the outrage over the Olympics opening ceremony is so hilarious to me. The "fuck your feelings" party got their feelings hurt.

red hat = white hood
    red hat = white hood I hate that.  I can agree with some of the things Republicans do without being associated as a member of the clan...
    Have you considered that if the MAGA cult wasn’t invoking pre-Civil Rights Act America, the comparison wouldn’t apply? 
    Them wanting to turn back the clock to the 50's way of living?

That’s another, much nicer way of saying they want to turn the clock back to pre-civil rights act America, sure. Idk why one would extend the benefit of the doubt to trump & his cult after all we’ve seen though. 
    I get the wanting the 50's back thing.  If you could make it where I worked at a convenience store and could afford a house, car and wife sign me up!
    I can’t imagine anyone doesn’t yearn for a simpler way of life. Who wouldn’t? 

That doesn’t mean it isn’t a dog whistle pandering to white supremacists. You may not think trump is on David Duke’s side, but David Duke thinks trump is on David Duke’s side and is very, VERY vocal about it. Why that’s overlooked / ignored is hard to understand. 
    I have not heard the David Duke thing lately.  Did not even think that was still a thing.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,999
    It’s *almost* as if vague statements that are left open to interpretation is the strategy. 

Not for nothing, but assuming the best of / extending the benefit of the doubt to people who have proven time and again to not deserve that consideration is curious at best. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397

Let's not forget when Wallace gave tRump a chance to condemn the Proud Boys and he gave them the old "stand back and stand by" insult.

Fucking laughable
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    edited July 31
    I loved how Kamala attacked Trump for killing the border bill last night. The ad is great too. I have been frustrated that the dems have not talked about that enough this year so it's great to see the campaign jumping on it right off the bat. 
    www.myspace.com
    It’s *almost* as if vague statements that are left open to interpretation is the strategy. 

Not for nothing, but assuming the best of / extending the benefit of the doubt to people who have proven time and again to not deserve that consideration is curious at best. 
    It's either disingenuous or ignorant at this point. I do not see any room in between. We have had a decade of this bullshit. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,275
    I loved how Kamala attacked Trump for killing the border bill last night. The ad is great too. I have been frustrated that the dems have not talked about that enough this year so it's great to see the campaign jumping on it right off the bat. 
    Didn't see the ad (we watched the gymnastics on DVR - no ads yay!) but yeah it's about f'ing time they hit him on that. Trump is the very worst kind of politician, making all kinds of promises but he only cares about enriching and protecting his own big old pasty ass.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    They basically want to go back to the Readers Digest version of American. Stay at home wife, dinner ready as soon as Daddy gets home from a hard day's works. Mix him up a fucking Manhattan before dinner, no wire hangers, etc.
    My wondering if that's what  really happened back then?  It was make believe right?  I don't know anyone to ask, lol.
    To whatever extent it was true, it hasn't changed because of wokeness or anything.

In those good old days, the family lived in a 950 square foot house with a one-car garage (for their one car, which was closer to sedans Ford no longer makes than the F-150) and didn't travel more than a half-day's car ride more than once a decade. It was certainly a simpler time that was not entirely better nor entirely worse. But for all the complaining that we cannot do that anymore, will any of the complainants consider accepting the reduced material and experience gratification? Heck, when's the last time anyone built a new single-family house with a one-car garage?  Capitalism and/or evolving tastes are more responsible for this change than wokeness. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    yeah it happened...my Grandma never worked, stayed home to raise the kids then just became a housewife once they were out of the house. Grandpa worked at GE in Ft Wayne, IN. She also never drove a car. THey had one car, small three bedroom (one bathroom) house on a tiny lot near downtown Ft Wayne.

My Mom worked in my Dad's Veterinary office but my neighborhood friends' moms didn't work. That probably stopped being so common in the mid 80s would be my guess.

I come across a few true homemakers among my client base but most spouse's work now.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,561
    brianlux said:
    She’s calling out that orange weirdo for the coward that he is. 

He’s too scared to debate her. 

Right on!  
    I would pay good money to see that debate!  But of course he won't-- no surprise there.
    Of course he won’t… the big strong tough guy image is just another grift in an endless series of grifts that his base keeps falling for. 
    He’s as weak as he is weird. 

Weak and weird.  Well put.  Dangerous as well. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,561
    brianlux said:
    Pearl Jam?  KH knows how ta pick 'em!  :smiley:   (One of my top three!)

(I'm waiting for her to pull out that Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine LP like the one in my collection!  :lol: )
    May be an image of 5 people and text

Photoshopped but cool, lol!

I don't have a link, but apparently there is a photo generator you can use to insert any album you choose.  Cool idea!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,834
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    She’s calling out that orange weirdo for the coward that he is. 

He’s too scared to debate her. 

Right on!  
    I would pay good money to see that debate!  But of course he won't-- no surprise there.
    Of course he won’t… the big strong tough guy image is just another grift in an endless series of grifts that his base keeps falling for. 
    He’s as weak as he is weird. 

Weak and weird.  Well put.  Dangerous as well. 

A poor man's idea of a rich man; a weak man's idea of a strong man; a stupid man's idea of a smart man.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    edited July 31
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

(I'm waiting for her to pull out that Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine LP like the one in my collection!  :lol: )

I don't have a link, but apparently there is a photo generator you can use to insert any album you choose.  Cool idea!

Do we know what the original image actually was?  :)

Added: Found this if accurate.
    kamala was originally holding 'let my children hear music' by charles mingus and shopping at hr records

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774

10 Days: Kamala Harris has not held a press conference since emerging as presumptive Democratic nominee

Critics feel Harris is copying President Biden’s 2020 playbook

Published July 31, 2024 12:03pm EDT

Vice President Kamala Harris has gone 10 days without holding a press conference since becoming the presumptive Democratic nominee

Harris announced that she'd locked up the nomination late on July 22, declaring that she'd won commitments of backing from a majority of the nearly 4,000 delegates to next month's Democratic National Convention. She’s since hit the campaign trail, spoken at various events, and even chatted with reporters here and there, but hasn’t done a formal press conference or wide-ranging interview in the 10 days that have followed. 

Harris, who became the likely nominee without receiving a single primary vote when President Biden announced he would step aside, has been so elusive that The New York Times published excerpts from an interview she conducted last year to see where her answers "land now." 
    KAMALA HARRIS SUPPORTERS UNSURE WHEN ASKED ABOUT VP'S POLICY ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Much of the Democratic Party – including governors, senators and House members as well as party leaders – quickly coalesced behind Harris following Biden's blockbuster news. But critics have started to take notice that Harris hasn’t faced tough questions since. 

National Review senior writer Noah Rothman asked his social media followers on Wednesday, "When is Kamala Harris going to hold a press conference?" 

The RNC Research account on X noted that she has only done "teleprompter speeches" over the past 10 days and conservative pundit Ben Shapiro said Harris "has not answered ONE difficult question in the last week and a half."

NewsBusters executive editor Tim Graham expects her to follow President Biden’s 2020 playbook, when he was famously accused of hiding in his basement during the COVID pandemic. 

"Kamala Harris should absolutely hold a press conference. One would expect it when she names her vice-presidential pick. But we cannot expect her to break from Biden's serial avoidance of press conferences," Graham told Fox News Digital. 

"Since the 2020 campaign, we have witnessed the bizarre spectacle of Donald Trump granting wide access to networks that suggest he's a fascist and hammer him daily, while Biden and Harris won't grant interviews to media outlets that gurgle all over them and their ‘historic accomplishments,’" he continued. "Either they think the press can never be servile enough or they are projecting a complete lack of confidence in their efforts to put complete sentences together." 

DePauw University media studies professor Jeffrey McCall believes the Harris campaign is "well aware that Biden dodged the media throughout his 2020 campaign and still got elected."

"The Harris camp is also well aware that their candidate doesn't do well in unscripted settings, not to mention that a presser or legitimate sit-down interview would necessarily require her to defend some of her positions, previous statements and record. Thus, a rerun of the Biden basement campaign sounds pretty good, as long as you throw in a couple of rallies with Megan Thee Stallion," McCall added, referring to the rapper who appeared at Harris’ Atlanta rally on Tuesday. 

He suggested that Harris doesn’t feel pressure "to do a press conference just because she has fallen into the nomination" because Democrats will support her either way. 

"The supporters rallying around her don't expect her to be accountable and have little interest in her policy positions and so on. That she's not Biden, or Trump, is sufficient for those supporters," McCall said. 

"From a rhetorical strategy standpoint, however, it would behoove Harris to actually do a presser and do real journalistic interviews," he continued.  "At some point, it would seem, she'll have to attract moderates or undecided voters who want to see her take questions."

The Harris campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment. 

The Democratic National Convention kicks off Aug. 19 in Chicago. 

Hmmmm....copying a playbook that resulted in a....check notes, victory. 

maga!
    www.myspace.com
    tRump hasn't held one either....lol

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,039
    tRump hasn't held one either....lol
    I think there should be a tally of Pressers as well as Hamburders Murdered

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

It's AI Brian.  Must resist!!!!

shecky said:

Narrator: "He has lost significant ground among demographic in the last ten days."
    www.myspace.com
    Anyone actually watching this Trump/black journalist thing? Not going well for the old man...
    www.myspace.com
    yeah he's regretting it bigly