** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,722
    edited October 2
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Pretty much dead even on "who won".  Republicans said Vance won, D's to Walz.  Unaffiliated broke slightly to Walz, but probably not statistically significant.  I think what we can see is that it is Trump who is creating the coarseness of the debate and the anger in this country.  I think the civility of these exchanges is yet more evidence of what we already knew.  JFC, let's get him out of the public eye once and for all. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/02/politico-snap-poll-division-debate-00182131
    yeah and his "truths" during the debate were more third grade bullshit...what a fucking fool
    Didn't Walz say that immigration numbers are below Trump's numbers now? And that isn't true. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/10/01/migrant-encounters-at-u-s-mexico-border-have-fallen-sharply-in-2024/

That's like comparing Creed's best song to PJ's worst song, and using that as evidence that creed is better.
    You're taking the best month under the last 4 years and comparing it to one of the highest months under Trump and claiming the numbers are better.
    Comparing the whole term, or even year to year, its still not that close. 
    Huh? What? It is lower now than it was in 2020 and also 2019. That's two years/Creed songs. That would be both of the last two years of Trump's term. It's also just above where it was during Trump's first year in 2017....and clearly trending in the right direction.

Mace, buddy, I know you like finding excuses for Trump at every possible turn, but the fact is the situation at the border is vastly improved and not far off from the averages of the last 16 years. 

Now, if you will, just imagine how much better than this it would even be if Trump did not kill the border bill earlier this year. If Kamala wins, that thing will get passed. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,859
    edited October 2
    teskeinc said:

Tim Walz continues to say Trump/Vance want a National abortion ban. They have never said that, they want to return it to the states and the states are now voting on it. 

Its a slippery slope. They could very well want it, but no one telegraphs their moves. Project 2025 says they want a national abortion ban, and those 2 dudes keep praising the Project 2025 guy. So I can see how a through line is drawn and they say they want a ban. Fine they haven't said it, but they really fucking love the guy who does, who wrote a plan promoting it and has said his plan is the blueprint for a second term. 

But I get what you are saying. Kinda like how Trump, Vance (and you, dozens of times) call Kamala a Communist, but shes not really. Shes just advocating for a more robust social safety net and not full state owner ship of the means of production, you know like what the communist manifesto says. But as you know disingenuous stuff sells.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,718
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Pretty much dead even on "who won".  Republicans said Vance won, D's to Walz.  Unaffiliated broke slightly to Walz, but probably not statistically significant.  I think what we can see is that it is Trump who is creating the coarseness of the debate and the anger in this country.  I think the civility of these exchanges is yet more evidence of what we already knew.  JFC, let's get him out of the public eye once and for all. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/02/politico-snap-poll-division-debate-00182131
    yeah and his "truths" during the debate were more third grade bullshit...what a fucking fool
    Didn't Walz say that immigration numbers are below Trump's numbers now? And that isn't true. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/10/01/migrant-encounters-at-u-s-mexico-border-have-fallen-sharply-in-2024/

That's like comparing Creed's best song to PJ's worst song, and using that as evidence that creed is better.
    You're taking the best month under the last 4 years and comparing it to one of the highest months under Trump and claiming the numbers are better.
    Huh? What? It is lower now than it was in 2020 and also 2019. That's two years/Creed songs. That would be both of the last two years of Trump's term. It's also just above where it was during Trump's first year in 2017....and clearly trending in the right direction.

Mace, buddy, I know you like finding excuses for Trump at every possible turn, but the fact is the situation at the border is vastly improved and not far off from the averages of the last 16 years. 

Now, if you will, just imagine how much better than this it would even be if Trump did not kill the border bill earlier this year. If Kamala wins, that thing will get passed. 
    Agreed...and like Walz said, at least the current procedures are humane. The GOP idea of thinking you can keep migrants away by making them think they will never see their kids again is just fucking wrong and likely a violation of human rights.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,790
    teskeinc said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Much like the left-leaning moderators, that’s what they do here. Only post the favorable polls and Walz flat out lies about Hong Kong but “it doesn’t matter” to them. It’s OK tho, it matters to those with common sense and when they wake up on Nov 6th and start the “Not My President” thread asking “where they went wrong” making excuses about it just wasn’t enough time for everyone to get to know Kamala and so on, they might come back and reread the nonsense peddled in this thread.
    Actually if trump wins it will be because of the ignorance of his supporters. Too many people that vote against their own self interests.

The racists and bigots will be happy they got their guy and the rest of us will just have to deal with it for four years.

You've dealt with Biden for four years just fine right? We'll survive another four years of the orange fuckface and we'll get a kick out of you defending his corrupt bullshit.

The last four years under the Biden/Harris administration have been totally fine for my wife and I, and we are retired without pensions, live on fixed income*, bring in a little below the national average, and live in the third most expensive country in the nation.  So anyone who claims the current administration is making life hard for the average person can go pound sand (and I say that as a generalization, not as a personal attack on anyone).

*Well, OK, I make a little money on the side.  After expenses, I made $50 last month selling books and records.  Sue me for being a liar.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

as long as you claim it on your taxes Brian.
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    teskeinc said:
    Tim Walz lied about the Minnesota abortion law. There is no limit or restrictions to when an abortion can be performed up to 9 months.

Tim Walz continues to say Trump/Vance want a National abortion ban. They have never said that, they want to return it to the states and the states are now voting on it. 

If you’re a Trump hating leftist you can’t see things rationally. It’s sad to not be able to see things objectively. But it is what it is.

Since Trump lies at a high rate and also has vacillated on his abortion stance, if someone is objective and rational, they wouldn’t believe Trump when he says he doesn’t want a federal abortion ban. 
    Why didn’t he propose a ban in his last term? He has a record on it. Said he wants the votes to go the states. It’s being voted on currently in states. It’s on my ballot. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,718
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Tim Walz lied about the Minnesota abortion law. There is no limit or restrictions to when an abortion can be performed up to 9 months.

If you’re a Trump hating leftist you can’t see things rationally. It’s sad to not be able to see things objectively. But it is what it is.

Since Trump lies at a high rate and also has vacillated on his abortion stance, if someone is objective and rational, they wouldn’t believe Trump when he says he doesn’t want a federal abortion ban. 
    Why didn’t he propose a ban in his last term? He has a record on it. Said he wants the votes to go the states. It’s being voted on currently in states. It’s on my ballot. 
    I'm sure he did propose it but that isn't something the POTUS can enact just by proposing.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,217
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

and yet many gop run states are doing everything they can to block those voter/citizen driven amendments. why? is it because when on the ballot before the people those protections are put back in place?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,790
    as long as you claim it on your taxes Brian.

For sure.  I am one finicky bookkeeper. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,988
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

If he wins I trust he’d sign off on a ban. Before the election he’s trying to take a position without actually taking a position because he doesn’t want to lose his religious fundamentalist base, so he’s saying let the states decide. 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

Because Roe was still a thing. It was only over turned 2 years ago. 
    edited October 2
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

Remember... roe v wade? no?

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    edited October 2
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Agreed...and like Walz said, at least the current procedures are humane. The GOP idea of thinking you can keep migrants away by making them think they will never see their kids again is just fucking wrong and likely a violation of human rights.
    Yep. And how about Vance blaming illegal aliens for rising home prices last night? What a fucking idiot.

Trump says they are taking black people's jobs (implying poor people's jobs) while Vance implies they are bidding on $500,000 houses and driving the prices up and shit.

These people vilify for the sake of vilifying. Disingenuous bastards.
    www.myspace.com
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,649
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yep. And how about Vance blaming illegal aliens for rising home prices last night? What a fucking idiot.

Trump says they are taking black people's jobs (implying poor people's jobs) while Vance implies they are bidding on $500,000 houses and driving the prices up and shit.

Dude, have you seen the price of real estate on Venus? Fuck, even Mars is out of reach for most.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

Because Roe was still the law of the land under the 14th Amendment.  You could not have any law banning abortion when there is an opposing amendment.  
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

Remember... roe v wade? no?

Sorry, I missed these.  You guys already called out the low information situation again. 
    edited October 2
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Now some might argue that a bank can't lend to someone that is in the country illegally.  But the reality is that the migrant jobs pay so well, they are buying homes in cash.  That's YOUR money they are making out in the sugar cane fields and have a half million to burn on a home, when they could get deported any day. 
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 745
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

Because Roe was still a thing. It was only over turned 2 years ago. 
    Guess it's Biden's fault, then.  
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Now some might argue that a bank can't lend to someone that is in the country illegally.  But the reality is that the migrant jobs pay so well, they are buying homes in cash.  That's YOUR money they are making out in the sugar cane fields and have a half million to burn on a home, when they could get deported any day. 
    It’s called housing, not single family homes. Apartments, condos, weekly rentals etc. Illegals aren’t buying houses. They are renting houses/rooms or apartments leased through a legal relative or friend. Throw 10,000 in a town with limited rentals available? Do you really think that is going to make costs go down? It’s supply and demand.

It’s this simpleton mindset and lack of common sense that makes the majority of Americans laugh at the radical left. It’s also their concept of the economy that wants to give Kamala Harris the chance to fix the inflation she caused. Fortunately her numbers are plummeting and we will be spared for at least 4 more years.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    brianlux said:
    Anyone who supports Trump and Vance and makes an issue about an insignificant Walz lie is a major hypocrite.  Not that I condone lies.  No way.  I'm with John Lydon on that one.  No tolerance for lying.  But you cannot support Trump or Vance and make Walz out to be as egregious a liar as those two.  That's like comparing a jay walker with a drunk driver.  Give me a break.  Seriously? 
    Eye Roll GIFs  Tenor

What is wrong with pointing out inaccuracies a candidate makes?
    There is a lot is talk about lies Vance made and defense of the moderators for correcting him despite saying they wouldn’t. 
    To claim immigration is below Trump numbers is inaccurate and no one corrected him. I see nothing wrong or hypocritical with pointing that out.

We can, and should, be critical of politicians outside the comparison of Trump. Just because you can point to something worse Trump did doesn’t justify any action.
    I think it’s best to vote for the candidate who wants to promote the building of housing and promotion of easing zoning laws to build more housing. I think only one campaign has talked about that. I’ll vote for them. That would solve a lot of problems. 
    Oh, I see Vance did say he thinking abortion should be illegal nationally. So there goes that argument.

https://x.com/kamalahq/status/1841608960526197202?s=61&t=S1Yfg0TIFm_FxsMSTplMmA
  • teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It’s called housing, not single family homes. Apartments, condos, weekly rentals etc. Illegals aren’t buying houses. They are renting houses/rooms or apartments leased through a legal relative or friend. Throw 10,000 in a town with limited rentals available? Do you really think that is going to make costs go down? It’s supply and demand.

It’s this simpleton mindset and lack of common sense that makes the majority of Americans laugh at the radical left. It’s also their concept of the economy that wants to give Kamala Harris the chance to fix the inflation she caused. Fortunately her numbers are plummeting and we will be spared for at least 4 more years.
    you're calling people simpletons when you don't know how laws vs the constitution work? seriously?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

I think it’s best to vote for the candidate who wants to promote the building of housing and promotion of easing zoning laws to build more housing. I think only one campaign has talked about that. I’ll vote for them. That would solve a lot of problems. 
    This is probably better for the economy too. Promotes jobs, brings in money to communities, increased tax revenue. Much better than kicking people out to fix the housing problem. That will increase unemployment, take money away from local businesses, and be costly to accomplish to say nothin of the general logistics of it and the optics of doing it. Yes. Just build more places for people to live and create incentives for people to do it.
    But I get it. Some people don’t like the brown ones and it’s easier to ‘other’ people and place the blame on them rather than our own personal failures. 
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

you're calling people simpletons when you don't know how laws vs the constitution work? seriously?
    Also Vance was specifically talking about the rising cost of home prices last night not people renting.

This guy....this is not a serious person. Jesus christ....
    www.myspace.com
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Did he say the price of homes or cost of housing?  Two different things.  The poster said "rising home prices".  And the reason for all of this is the shortage of housing coupled with private equity and REITS buying properties and distorting the market.  
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,219
    mrussel1 said:
    teskeinc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Did he say the price of homes or cost of housing?  Two different things.  The poster said "rising home prices".  And the reason for all of this is the shortage of housing coupled with private equity and REITS buying properties and distorting the market.  
    exactly.

the right is out here saying it is illegal immigrants. last i checked you needed a social security number to get a loan/buy a house.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    reporting after rent freeze , during and post pandemic of landlords jacking rent up as well as investment groups buying apartment buildings/complexes and doing the same as they do with single family homes.......