** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,859
    edited October 3
    TL;dw or because people are at work

Cloud seeding has been happening in the Western States to help facilitate greater precipitation in the winter to combat the annual droughts and water loss as a result. Bigger snows mean more melt. To do they they burn silver iodide into the atmosphere in small bursts. While toxic in great quantities, it has been shown to be non toxic to humans an animals as a result of seeding (severely diluted by the melt). It’s worth nothing it’s also a naturally occurring element. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding

so, not Chemtrails which is conspiratorial. This has scientific merit. Whether it’s for now or always, at least it has merit. 

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,798
    edited October 3
    Post edited by cutz on
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,790
    Most news outlets are biased.  I don't see anyway to deny that.  AP and Reuters are probably the least biased of better known news outlets.  But probably even better is  1440 News.

I don't fully trust most news outlets.   Most of them are biased.  I don't see anyway to deny that.  AP and Reuters are probably the least biased of better known news outlets. 
    That said, my wife recently got me interested in 1440News (the printing press was developed around the year 1440). It gives you the gist of what's going on, not a bunch of sensationalist photos, infotainment, filler, opinion, (most news outlets today are notorious for trying to pass off opinion as "news"), and other such crap, and you can sign up, but don't have to join. You can just click on "Today's Briefing" on the home page. (I'm thinking about signing up. I'm only hesitant because I already get a lot of email as it is.)
    https://join1440.com/

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Cloud seeding has been happening in the Western States to help facilitate greater precipitation in the winter to combat the annual droughts and water loss as a result. Bigger snows mean more melt. To do they they burn silver iodide into the atmosphere in small bursts. While toxic in great quantities, it has been shown to be non toxic to humans an animals as a result of seeding (severely diluted by the melt). It’s worth nothing it’s also a naturally occurring element. 

so, not Chemtrails which is conspiratorial. This has scientific merit. Whether it’s for now or always, at least it has merit. 

It's amazing to me how many people still believe in chem-trails.  Too bad my pop is no longer still with us.  He was an aeronautical engineer and could explain why that belief is hocus pocus this quite easily.
    Speaking  of Hocus Pocus, interestingly, Kurt Vonnegut's brother Bernard developed cloud seeding.
    Kurt Vonnegut

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,487
    Is "PhillyNJ" a suburb of St. Petersburg?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Philly NJPhilly NJ Posts: 140
    brianlux said:

It's amazing to me how many people still believe in chem-trails.  Too bad my pop is no longer still with us.  He was an aeronautical engineer and could explain why that belief is hocus pocus this quite easily.
    Speaking  of Hocus Pocus, interestingly, Kurt Vonnegut's brother Bernard developed cloud seeding.
    Kurt Vonnegut

Some may believe it based on past US government experimenting on knowing and unknowing citizens under cloak of secrecy. Government lies to us all the time.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    brianlux said:
    Most news outlets are biased.  I don't see anyway to deny that.  AP and Reuters are probably the least biased of better known news outlets.  But probably even better is  1440 News.

I don't fully trust most news outlets.   Most of them are biased.  I don't see anyway to deny that.  AP and Reuters are probably the least biased of better known news outlets. 
    That said, my wife recently got me interested in 1440News (the printing press was developed around the year 1440). It gives you the gist of what's going on, not a bunch of sensationalist photos, infotainment, filler, opinion, (most news outlets today are notorious for trying to pass off opinion as "news"), and other such crap, and you can sign up, but don't have to join. You can just click on "Today's Briefing" on the home page. (I'm thinking about signing up. I'm only hesitant because I already get a lot of email as it is.)

I think the whole thing is a red-herring.  News has always been biased and designed to influence opinion.  In the early part of our history, late 17th, all the way into the 20th century, political parties had their own newspapers as organs.  Cities would have competing newspapers pushing political views of the different parties.  No one expected them to be neutral, and I still don't have such an expectation. 

I agree that Reuters and AP are straight news and God bless them, but that's a business decision they made and not a moral one that CBS, Fox or MSNBC is obligated to emulate. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,722
    Philly NJ said:
    brianlux said:

Kurt Vonnegut

Some may believe it based on past US government experimenting on knowing and unknowing citizens under cloak of secrecy. Government lies to us all the time.
    So you're siding with this guy then?

www.myspace.com
    cutz said:
    Remember, don't eat the brown acid!

BrianLux - did you eat the brown acid?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,798
    or Russia?
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,487
    I thought ABC did an excellent job with the debate. Their fact-checking was on extremely egregious lies. I find ABC News to be highly trustworthy.

CBS I thought you could see some bias. Also I just think CBS News is overall not super competent.

When I turn on MSNBC, yes I am fully expecting information that is slanted towards the "left". I can take this with the grain of salt that is needed. I think the "both sides" news might be the most disingenuous of all, trying to "equalize the two sides" even when one or the other is practicing total denial or disinformation. Say, NYT.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Philly NJ said:
    brianlux said:

Kurt Vonnegut

So you're siding with this guy then?

If Jones said that the US government has experimented on knowing and unknowing citizens under cloak of secrecy, then he is 100% correct.  Are you implying that the US government has NOT experimented on knowing and unknowing citizens under cloak of secrecy?
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,219
    people freaking out over chem trails kind of comes off to me like when primitive man saw a comet for the first time and freaked out.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Arizona is illegally withholding the list of 218,000+ registered voters who have not provided proof of citizenship as required by law. AZ government has been sued.  Americans need to see more of the problems Kamala Harris has brought upon our country.
    Philly NJ said:

Arizona is illegally withholding the list of 218,000+ registered voters who have not provided proof of citizenship as required by law. AZ government has been sued.  Americans need to see more of the problems Kamala Harris has brought upon our country.
    Harris is in charge of the Arizona voter registry?

Do you always carry your proof of citizenship card?
    edited October 3
    Philly NJ said:
    brianlux said:

Kurt Vonnegut

Beliefs of that nature stem from either laziness or lack of a decent enough education to know how to do good research.  Knee jerk assumptions based on the indisputable fact that governments do indeed carry out experiments surreptitiously are a result of substandard education.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,644
    Philly NJ said:

Isn't that a States issue? How did Harris physically withhold the list? 
    It's a hopeless situation...
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

I think the whole thing is a red-herring.  News has always been biased and designed to influence opinion.  In the early part of our history, late 17th, all the way into the 20th century, political parties had their own newspapers as organs.  Cities would have competing newspapers pushing political views of the different parties.  No one expected them to be neutral, and I still don't have such an expectation. 

I agree that Reuters and AP are straight news and God bless them, but that's a business decision they made and not a moral one that CBS, Fox or MSNBC is obligated to emulate. 

I don't believe news has always been as biased as it is today.  Look at all the news outlets that foist off op-ed as "news".  I remember seeing a documentary (and it drives me to distraction that I cannot remember what ti was) in which Dan Rather talks about how much things have changed that way.  He explains quite clearly and well how news has changed that way and I wish to God I could find a clip of that.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,988
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

America needs to see more of Harris. More of her reading her note cards as she addresses the media. More of her waving off media questions.  More of her pretending to read.  More of her past statements and actions.  More of her trying to get the poor to pay for the rich student loans.  More of her providing BILLIONS to illegals and offering peanuts to suffering American citizens. More of her lying about her whereabouts on J6.  More of her defending the BLM riots.  More of her allowing illegal alien sexual predators, murders, and convicted criminals to roam free in America.  More of her censoring any opposing views.  More and more common sense Americans are beginning to realize Harris is a clear and present threat to democracy and the American way of life.

She'll be on the 60 Minutes special on Monday night. Why do you think Trump backed out of that? 

She agreed to a second debate. Why do you think Trump backed out of that?
    I believe he wants an apology from 60 Minutes for all their lies. For the debate, I really don't know why any Republican would participate in the charade. I think it is dumb for the GOP to debate given the obvious moderator bias that all common sense Americans have witnessed.
    With all due respect, when are Republican voters going to stop whining and bitching about every god damn thing being against them?  I mean wtf?  

Maybe get back to real serious candidates instead of fear-mongering self-absorbed assholes who lie just about every sentence out of their lying ass mouths....then you won't feel like the whole world is against you. Oh whoa is me....pull yourself up by your bootstraps and quit being the party of babies.
    As soon as Democrat voters demand an unbiased media. All of us are being lied to every day from government and media. I don't like it. Do you?
    There’s no such thing as an unbiased media. Republicans should educate their voters on how to use critical thinking when digesting news and information, except they know that would backfire. 
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

I don't believe news has always been as biased as it is today.  Look at all the news outlets that foist off op-ed as "news".  I remember seeing a documentary (and it drives me to distraction that I cannot remember what ti was) in which Dan Rather talks about how much things have changed that way.  He explains quite clearly and well how news has changed that way and I wish to God I could find a clip of that.
    I think the advent of tv news in teh 50's brought in an era of "neutrality" that lasted until the 90's. Walter Cronkite symbolized that trust and when he turned against Nam, so did the country.   For most of us, that's our formative years.  But if you go back and read newspapers and other mediums before the era of television, it was not neutral.  And I don't think newspapers ever really were neutral. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,718
    people freaking out over chem trails kind of comes off to me like when primitive man saw a comet for the first time and freaked out.
    Comet? You mean a lightning bolt from Zeus' ass?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    edited October 3
    Biden/Harris squandered a half of billion dollars of FEMA money on illegal
    immigrant shelters and now Mayorkas says FEMA won’t have enough money to get through hurricane season. Criminal! Close the border already!
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,718
    teskeinc said:
    Biden/Harris squandered a half of billion dollars of FEMA money on illegal
    immigrant shelters and now Mayorkas says FEMA won’t have enough money to get through hurricane season. Criminal! Close the border already!

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

I think the advent of tv news in teh 50's brought in an era of "neutrality" that lasted until the 90's. Walter Cronkite symbolized that trust and when he turned against Nam, so did the country.   For most of us, that's our formative years.  But if you go back and read newspapers and other mediums before the era of television, it was not neutral.  And I don't think newspapers ever really were neutral. 

Good points.  Yeah, come to think of it, I remember when the S.F. Chronicle and the S.F. Examiner were both in print in and in the 50's through 80's they took different angles on a lot of things. 

Have you (or anyone here) checked out 1440 News as I posted above?  Would be interesting to hear some feedback on what you think.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,648
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

America needs to see more of Harris. More of her reading her note cards as she addresses the media. More of her waving off media questions.  More of her pretending to read.  More of her past statements and actions.  More of her trying to get the poor to pay for the rich student loans.  More of her providing BILLIONS to illegals and offering peanuts to suffering American citizens. More of her lying about her whereabouts on J6.  More of her defending the BLM riots.  More of her allowing illegal alien sexual predators, murders, and convicted criminals to roam free in America.  More of her censoring any opposing views.  More and more common sense Americans are beginning to realize Harris is a clear and present threat to democracy and the American way of life.

She'll be on the 60 Minutes special on Monday night. Why do you think Trump backed out of that? 

She agreed to a second debate. Why do you think Trump backed out of that?
    I believe he wants an apology from 60 Minutes for all their lies. For the debate, I really don't know why any Republican would participate in the charade. I think it is dumb for the GOP to debate given the obvious moderator bias that all common sense Americans have witnessed.
    With all due respect, when are Republican voters going to stop whining and bitching about every god damn thing being against them?  I mean wtf?  

Maybe get back to real serious candidates instead of fear-mongering self-absorbed assholes who lie just about every sentence out of their lying ass mouths....then you won't feel like the whole world is against you. Oh whoa is me....pull yourself up by your bootstraps and quit being the party of babies.
    As soon as Democrat voters demand an unbiased media. All of us are being lied to every day from government and media. I don't like it. Do you?
    Was 9/11 an inside job?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Philly NJ said:
    brianlux said:

Kurt Vonnegut

Was Sandy Hook a crisis actor staged event to restrict gun rights?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,753
    cutz said:
    or Russia?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    7.9 trillion added to the national debt (35 trillion now) under Biden/Harris in 4 years. 

But there’s not enough money for people stranded by Hurricane Helene? Or the next hurricane? At the very least the US Government has to be prepared for this. How incompetent can you be?

But Kamala assured everyone they could apply online for a $750 stipend to be direct deposited in 10 days! Wow…. Thanks.

Yet hotels in NY are full of illegal immigrants costing tax-payers $3-500 a night! 

Biden/Kamala gutted the FEMA funds to pay for their open border policy. Now Americans in need suffer more. These people are sick. 

teskeinc said:
    7.9 trillion added to the national debt (35 trillion now) under Biden/Harris in 4 years. 

But there’s not enough money for people stranded by Hurricane Helene? Or the next hurricane? At the very least the US Government has to be prepared for this. How incompetent can you be?

But Kamala assured everyone they could apply online for a $750 stipend to be direct deposited in 10 days! Wow…. Thanks.

Yet hotels in NY are full of illegal immigrants costing tax-payers $3-500 a night! 

Biden/Kamala gutted the FEMA funds to pay for their open border policy. Now Americans in need suffer more. These people are sick. 
    I thought that’s what homeowners insurance was for? And “responsibility?” And speaking of hotels in NYC, here’s the availability and prices for tonight for one chain. Buh, buh, buh, the other!

Brilliantati©
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,859
    teskeinc said:

We just ignoring how Congress left town after voting no on a spending bill that funded disaster relief, right? 

And that’s fine if you want to. I know your posting is less about dialog and more about troll-y engagement. But I agree that NC and other areas need funding stat. But also republicans said nah and bailed. 

And fine we can go tit for tat on who does and doesn’t do shit in Washington. But the disingenuous bullshit you pass off as if one party and candidate is solely responsible for this demonstrates how simple your lens is for government