Respect the travelling fans...

124»

Comments

• DL136722DL136722 Posts: 685
    seanclax said:
    DL136722 said:
    I was more referring to London and Berlin, the canceled shows 
    London wouldn't of sold out in a million years.
    I feel you're missing the point which is IF the London show and Berlin shows sold out, would they have canceled? Again, we'll never know but with the complexities of insurance policies who knows how all this has to work out on the business side of things. Just hope all involved are getting better and doing well. 
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 551
    DL136722 said:
    seanclax said:
    DL136722 said:
    I feel you're missing the point which is IF the London show and Berlin shows sold out, would they have canceled? Again, we'll never know but with the complexities of insurance policies who knows how all this has to work out on the business side of things. Just hope all involved are getting better and doing well. 
    Oh yes I did your point.
    I went to Manchester and vedder was clearly struggling. Covid is rife in Ireland right now so I think the illness is legit. I really can't see this band using poor ticket sales as an excuse not to perform.
    dugangsxr said:
    I Only had the travel two hours to Indianapolis to see them And as soon as I arrive, the show got canceled. I thought that sucked! I couldn’t imagine imagine of one to another country and pay all those fees/cost & the show getting canceled. I feel your alls pain. Hopefully shit gets better/resolved! 
    I’d rather go to Berlin than Indy. Great city to explore. 
    Not in the rain 🤣
    I'm going to barca on Friday for some sunshine and hopefully a few shows
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,613
    Inexcusable?  I hope you never get sick.  

This post is a joke.  
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    seanclax said:
    DL136722 said:
    seanclax said:
    DL136722 said:
    Oh yes I did your point.
    I went to Manchester and vedder was clearly struggling. Covid is rife in Ireland right now so I think the illness is legit. I really can't see this band using poor ticket sales as an excuse not to perform.
    Exactly this, the London show in 2018 was a sell out - cancelled, the shows in 2022 were sold out - cancelled......

its pretty insulting in my view to suggest they pulled these shows for anything other than illness. It was plain to see at Manchester that Ed was in a bad way
    kramer73 said:

This post is a joke.  
    Still don't know what this guy was on about 
  • MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 1,123
    seanclax said:
    kramer73 said:

This post is a joke.  
    I think he was saying that the COVID virus itself should show more respect, cuz you know, traveling fans :lol:
  • Adam HewettAdam Hewett Posts: 120
    Sorry if I've missed the information I'm curious about here, but was Berlin selling badly as well? I know London looked pretty dire, empty seat-wise.
  • DL136722DL136722 Posts: 685
    MikeDigs said:
    seanclax said:
    kramer73 said:

This post is a joke.  
    I think he was saying that the COVID virus itself should show more respect, cuz you know, traveling fans :lol:
    Fantastic 🤣
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
    MikeDigs said:
    seanclax said:
    kramer73 said:

This post is a joke.  
    Well he may be onto something 🤣
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    100 Pacer said:
    Get_Right said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    If everyone just went to the nearest show instead of travel if they cancel you lose nothing really 

I have never quite understood why fans pay thousands of dollars for travel and hotels to see Pearl Jam concerts. I have done so in the US for Ohana or other festivals, but that involves three days of music. I may be biased since I live in the Northeast US, but I still do not get it.
    You are biased as in NE USA.   Many cities you would have to travel long distances or else never see the band at all, or every ten years.

Many work the shows into vacations.  I have seen PJ in 80 cities and 20 countries.  More about travel than seeing the band. 

Some meet up with friends from out of town at shows and an excuse to meet somewhere.

I like that answer, "more about travel than seeing the band." I wish more fans had that attitude.
    I planned 6 days in London, and 6 days in Berlin - so it was about taking a vacation with seeing PJ as a small part of it - but the shows are why I picked these cities. 

Understood, but that was kind of my point, you probably spent a small fortune on tickets and to travel to Europe for 12 days. Europe is great to visit, especially if you have never been there, but I would guess the main attraction for you was to see the shows.
    People are entitled to feel any and all disappointment certainly and some handle it better than others. Social media has made it possible for all the travelling fans to easily connect while on the road and what’s been exceptionally heartwarming to see is multiple groups of fans congregating at pubs, clubs, other shows, hiking trails, art galleries, etc. marking the most out of their travel experience. No one is arguing the shows wouldn’t have been appreciated but once cancelled other highlights have sprung up. People are having fun regardless.

I agree with what you say. But there sure has been a ton of complaining and there seem to be many folks that just do not understand this band. They cancel and move on, there are no explanations to be provided, they are not rescheduling anytime soon, and there will be no 10c only concert to makeup for the cancellations. That is the reality. But it is great to see many fans that are positive, take it stride, and still enjoy themselves. 
    Get_Right said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Get_Right said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    If everyone just went to the nearest show instead of travel if they cancel you lose nothing really 

I have never quite understood why fans pay thousands of dollars for travel and hotels to see Pearl Jam concerts. I have done so in the US for Ohana or other festivals, but that involves three days of music. I may be biased since I live in the Northeast US, but I still do not get it.
    You are biased as in NE USA.   Many cities you would have to travel long distances or else never see the band at all, or every ten years.

Many work the shows into vacations.  I have seen PJ in 80 cities and 20 countries.  More about travel than seeing the band. 

Some meet up with friends from out of town at shows and an excuse to meet somewhere.

I like that answer, "more about travel than seeing the band." I wish more fans had that attitude.
    I planned 6 days in London, and 6 days in Berlin - so it was about taking a vacation with seeing PJ as a small part of it - but the shows are why I picked these cities. 

Understood, but that was kind of my point, you probably spent a small fortune on tickets and to travel to Europe for 12 days. Europe is great to visit, especially if you have never been there, but I would guess the main attraction for you was to see the shows.
    People are entitled to feel any and all disappointment certainly and some handle it better than others. Social media has made it possible for all the travelling fans to easily connect while on the road and what’s been exceptionally heartwarming to see is multiple groups of fans congregating at pubs, clubs, other shows, hiking trails, art galleries, etc. marking the most out of their travel experience. No one is arguing the shows wouldn’t have been appreciated but once cancelled other highlights have sprung up. People are having fun regardless.

I agree with what you say. But there sure has been a ton of complaining and there seem to be many folks that just do not understand this band. They cancel and move on, there are no explanations to be provided, they are not rescheduling anytime soon, and there will be no 10c only concert to makeup for the cancellations. That is the reality. But it is great to see many fans that are positive, take it stride, and still enjoy themselves. 
    Indy got rescheduled.
    And let's be real, nobody fucking complained more than the people who went to Indy, Jesus christ it went on for months
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    Most of the 2020 US Tour was rescheduled.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    2020 euro tour to.
    That was different though.

seanclax said:
    on2legs said:
    2020 euro tour to.

It’s definitely different - these Euro shows are canceled and money is being refunded without promise of a return. I’m just speaking to the comment about Pearl Jam not rescheduling.  They did for just about an entire tour.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    seanclax said:
    on2legs said:
    2020 euro tour to.

It’s definitely different - these Euro shows are canceled and money is being refunded without promise of a return. I’m just speaking to the comment about Pearl Jam not rescheduling.  They did for just about an entire tour.  
    Yeah because of covid.
    Every single show was rescheduled. Its not like it has been recently where they have started a tour and missed shows during it.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    I imagine at this point.. they're probably not wanting to commit to going back to Europe next year, and there's logistics or band member commitments that prevent them from relocating the dates to the end of the current leg?

This has to be wearing on them.   Having to cancel dates every time they hit the road.  I doubt they're happy it keeps happening.  If you postpone it generally obligates you to go back and do the thing.   Cancelling lets you have a blank slate the next time you want to tour.

I guess it's the new normal.   It makes me appreciate even more what they went through to make the Oakland 2022 shows happen, which luckily kept me from missing shows. I also feel lucky that Vancouver was the first shows of this years tour.   Odds of things going off the rails at the first show are slim :)
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,872
    kramer73 said:

This post is a joke.  
    +1. The OP thinks PJ broke their special bond because they got sick 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    Zod said:
    I imagine at this point.. they're probably not wanting to commit to going back to Europe next year, and there's logistics or band member commitments that prevent them from relocating the dates to the end of the current leg?

This has to be wearing on them.   Having to cancel dates every time they hit the road.  I doubt they're happy it keeps happening.  If you postpone it generally obligates you to go back and do the thing.   Cancelling lets you have a blank slate the next time you want to tour.

I guess it's the new normal.   It makes me appreciate even more what they went through to make the Oakland 2022 shows happen, which luckily kept me from missing shows. I also feel lucky that Vancouver was the first shows of this years tour.   Odds of things going off the rails at the first show are slim :)

Agree that COVID was different. I think they dislike cancelling and disappointing the fans, but I doubt it is wearing on them. At this point, it is part of their careers as established touring musicians. Sort of like being in business and not every presentation is a home run. You move on to the next one.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,529
    seanclax said:
    Get_Right said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Get_Right said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Indy got rescheduled.
    And let's be real, nobody fucking complained more than the people who went to Indy, Jesus christ it went on for months
    lol...and then they complained when it was rescheduled for a Monday night
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    seanclax said:
    on2legs said:
    seanclax said:
    on2legs said:
    2020 euro tour to.

Yeah because of covid.
    Every single show was rescheduled. Its not like it has been recently where they have started a tour and missed shows during it.
    Indy, no?

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    is this THE most entitled and whiny fanbase on the planet? JFC. They cancel due to illness and people write shit like this. Look at all the stops they pulled out on that tour where Matt got sick, and whomever else and Josh had to play nearly every fucking instrument at a few shows. This band does NOT cancel lightly. Not much you can do when it's the lead singer. You want Scott Stapp up there singing Bee Girl?

This is the reality we're living in now. STFU with your entitlement. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,872
    is this THE most entitled and whiny fanbase on the planet? JFC. They cancel due to illness and people write shit like this. Look at all the stops they pulled out on that tour where Matt got sick, and whomever else and Josh had to play nearly every fucking instrument at a few shows. This band does NOT cancel lightly. Not much you can do when it's the lead singer. You want Scott Stapp up there singing Bee Girl?

Bravo!!!
  • TahoeJeffTahoeJeff Posts: 30

I don't know that I'd ask for it or WANT it, but I would certainly watch Scott Stapp up there doing Bee Girl for the novelty/hilarity of it. LOL =)
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    If you're in a position where a thought such as "this band owes me something" enters your mind then you need to just check that.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,475

Hear hear
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367

Said it before and I’ll say it again…..the worst part of Pearl Jam is the fans.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    The fans turned on them quickly over these ticket prices.  Kinda sad.  
This discussion has been closed.