Berlin Officially Cancelled

Comments

• seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    vedderman said:
    London sold only 50% of the tickets and got cancelled. Berlin didn't sell well, I couldn't believe how many tickets were still available a few days ago.
    Barcelona ticket sale has been even worse than Berlin. Let's wait and see what happens by Wednesday. My guess is Barcelona will be cancelled as well.
    Are you going to Barcelona?
    Cos if your not then stop guessing 
  • veddermanvedderman Posts: 801
    seanclax said:
    vedderman said:
    London sold only 50% of the tickets and got cancelled. Berlin didn't sell well, I couldn't believe how many tickets were still available a few days ago.
    Barcelona ticket sale has been even worse than Berlin. Let's wait and see what happens by Wednesday. My guess is Barcelona will be cancelled as well.
    Not going to Barcelona. I had tickets for both shows in Berlin.
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    Yeesh. 

I feel for everyone who had tickets. 
    I feel terrible for those who traveled. 
    I hope everyone in the band gets healthy. 

This definitely sucks. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• ChydroChydro Posts: 20
    Unbelievable. Vibes for the fans. Somebody in the crew needs to start passing out some vitamins. Get well soon, guys. 
  • sdharv1919sdharv1919 Posts: 27
    eboweddie said:
    The band are all sick?. Serious dose of covid going around. Disaster.  

They still test for Covid?  Why?
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98
    Alpine Valley 6/27/98
    East Lansing 8/18/98
    Knoxville 9/6/98
    D.C. (Constitution Hall) 9/19/98
    Nobelsville 8/18/00
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Detroit (EV) 6/26/11
    Wrigley 8/22/16
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Noblesville 8/26/24
    vedderman said:
    seanclax said:
    vedderman said:
    Not going to Barcelona. I had tickets for both shows in Berlin.
    Same. My flights in 4 hours
  • ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,281
    edited June 30
    While it is very unfortunate and I feel for those who had tickets and especially who traveled for these gigs, I do think that ever since COVID-19 broke out, we have to assume even more than ever, an element of risk when making plans for travel or concert-going

It sucks however COVID is still a thing in 2024.  Just because people are bummed about it doesn't mean the fanbase is done with PJ and they will be forced to play smaller places now because the hardcore fanbase is tired of them getting ill beyond their control

Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 374
    Hoccapuk said:
    I think the biggest lasting damage is the loyal fan base is done traveling.  From now on you will see either smaller venues or larger venues that are half filled.  I think the damage is done…
    OH NO!!!! You mean those hundred or so  peeps all in the pit, out of the 20,000 or more “regular” fans filling up the venues? Yep, club and theatre circuit starting in 2025, sad sad sad🙄🙄🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    While it is very unfortunate and I feel for those who had tickets and especially who traveled for these gigs, I am eagerly waiting for the dust to settle so there can be a bit more rationality with it all reaction-wise

It sucks however COVID is still a thing in 2024.  Just because people are bummed about it doesn't mean the fanbase is done with PJ and they will be forced to play smaller places now because the hardcore fanbase is tired of them getting ill beyond their control
    The hard-core fanbase isn't enough to fill these places in Europe now. It'll be one night arena shows for each country next time. 
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    A residency inside a pharmacy 
    Lol
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• Tom GTom G Posts: 10
    Feel for everyone that was headed to the cancelled shows! Heads up guys!
  • HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 532
    Haijay said:
    Hoccapuk said:
    I think the biggest lasting damage is the loyal fan base is done traveling.  From now on you will see either smaller venues or larger venues that are half filled.  I think the damage is done…
    OH NO!!!! You mean those hundred or so  peeps all in the pit, out of the 20,000 or more “regular” fans filling up the venues? Yep, club and theatre circuit starting in 2025, sad sad sad🙄🙄🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    Not the “hundred or so fans” but anyone in Europe who traveled and had to pay airfare and hotels etc  who have been out a lot of money who this has happened to multiple times the last few years.  The tour was already not selling well in Europe…this latest round will not help going forward.
    I’m done. 
    Ok
    Are you sitting in your Berlin hotel room reading this? Are you? Well? Huh? 

It is unfortunate and I feel for anyone traveling to see shows that get canceled due to illness.  That said I can't blame the band for getting ill - sadly post COVID plans can change as fast as a coin flip.  I hope anyone in Berlin currently can do some sightseeing and take the poster money and have a nice meal out and about
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 374
    seanclax said:
    While it is very unfortunate and I feel for those who had tickets and especially who traveled for these gigs, I am eagerly waiting for the dust to settle so there can be a bit more rationality with it all reaction-wise

The hard-core fanbase isn't enough to fill these places in Europe now. It'll be one night arena shows for each country next time. 
    The hard core fanbase has NEVER been enough to fill up any place for any band. You guys WAY overestimate the hardcores. Its the 30-60-90 people that camp out for rail, and most of the people in the pit. Thats pretty much it, the rest are only lowly-ass fans of the band and the casuals. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    I’m done. 
    Ok

It is unfortunate and I feel for anyone traveling to see shows that get canceled due to illness.  That said I can't blame the band for getting ill - sadly post COVID plans can change as fast as a coin flip.  I hope anyone in Berlin currently can do some sightseeing and take the poster money and have a nice meal out and about
    Has to do with age and general health more than Covid I would think.  Flu has been going around much longer than Covid and we never saw this many cancelations.  
  • sdharv1919sdharv1919 Posts: 27
    I’m done. 
    Ok

Has to do with age and general health more than Covid I would think.  Flu has been going around much longer than Covid and we never saw this many cancelations.  
     Correct.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98
    Alpine Valley 6/27/98
    East Lansing 8/18/98
    Knoxville 9/6/98
    D.C. (Constitution Hall) 9/19/98
    Nobelsville 8/18/00
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Detroit (EV) 6/26/11
    Wrigley 8/22/16
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Noblesville 8/26/24
  • one_stoneone_stone Posts: 298
    Wow - Thats 5 out of 5 of the last PJ shows I wanted to go to cancelled for me! (Vienna - Prague - London - 2x Berlin). Defintely on a streak here... 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    I’m done. 
    Ok

Correct.
    You don't know that...

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    edited June 30
    nvm
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Haijay said:
    seanclax said:

The hard core fanbase has NEVER been enough to fill up any place for any band. You guys WAY overestimate the hardcores. Its the 30-60-90 people that camp out for rail, and most of the people in the pit. Thats pretty much it, the rest are only lowly-ass fans of the band and the casuals. 
    And you way underestimate the amount of casual fans who will pay £160 to see them when the foo fighters and green day are charging £90
    edited June 30
    I’m done. 
    Ok

Although that said I know that I have had COVID the past 4 years way more frequently than the flu - I believe 3 times if not 4 counting early 2020 right before lockdowns occured.  The current strain is very easy to get and spread, I just think that currently it is one of the bigger obstacles in any band touring currently compared to other infectious sicknesses

Not that I know for sure what Ed or the band has, but in general when it comes to being able to count on future concert dates - since COVID, there has and will be an element of elevated risk when clicking "buy"
    one_stone said:
    Wow - Thats 5 out of 5 of the last PJ shows I wanted to go to cancelled for me! (Vienna - Prague - London - 2x Berlin). Defintely on a streak here... 
    Please say your not going to Barcelona 🤣
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,637
    one_stone said:
    Wow that is unlucky - I'm on 3 shows and I thought that was bad. Sorry to hear that! 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • jimmerprojimmerpro Posts: 46
    The pandemic is over.  No one else cancels like this.   They must just be sickly than most. Time to hang it up.  Short play list and cancellations?  Stop wasting our money 
    Chicago (Cubs Game 7th inning) Eddie 2007
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Toronto 1 2016
    OKC 2022
  • one_stoneone_stone Posts: 298
    seanclax said:
    one_stone said:
    Please say your not going to Barcelona 🤣
    Nope - but keep on joking about it and I might just revenge-buy a ticket for it :lol:
    edited June 30
    jimmerpro said:
    The pandemic is over.  No one else cancels like this.   They must just be sickly than most. Time to hang it up.  Short play list and cancellations?  Stop wasting our money 

COVID is definitely not over, I had a family member who got vaccinated where it knocked the wind out of their sails for around 5 days last month

Other bands and artists have indeed had to cancel shows

And 25 songs is not a short play list.  I know news of this sucks, and I am not saying Pearl Jam is infallible.  But we need to be rational if we are to critique, and its certainly not a reason for PJ to "hang it up" lol
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 159
    Personally, I think it's Ed's voice.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    Jcanr20 said:
    Personally, I think it's Ed's voice.
    In one of the interviews for the new record he mentioned how treating his vocal cords with kid gloves actually made them more susceptible for damage.  Bono made the comment in his fan letters on Sirius that Ed said he doesn’t take care of his voice and what it sounds like each day is all part of the art.

We can only speculate and trust that when the band commits to a tour they prepare accordingly.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    jimmerpro said:
    being classified as a global pandemic is over, yes, but just like the spanish flu, covid is here to stay. it's the reality. and it doesn't have a season. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    The post-COVID global surge of illnesses – viral and bacterial, common and historically rare – is a mystery that researchers and scientists are still trying to definitively explain. The way COVID lockdowns shifted baseline immunities is a piece of the puzzle, as is the pandemic's hit to overall vaccine administration and compliance. Climate change, rising social inequality and wrung-out health-care services are contributing in ways that are hard to measure.

- Bloomberg

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"