Berlin Officially Cancelled

Comments

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,548
    I’m done. 
    Ok
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 518
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    Rescheduling not possible? Waldbühne and Wuhlheide both available after NOS Alive.

They don‘t want to. This European tour has done more damage to the fanbase than to Ed‘s voice. Everything was cursed and fucked up from the very beginning.
    Didn't they clearly state in the London case that they had scheduling conflicts stopping them from rescheduling. What has arenas being available to do with that?
    Tottenham probably has commitments. Even if availability doesn’t matter, why not postpone indefinitely or for 2025. Have a look how great Springsteen handeled things for the postponed European shows.
    Last time they postponed shows for years, people got mad that the new dates weren’t being booked fast enough so it’s just easier to cancel

Theres no postponement for 2025 because there’s a good chance Europe won’t get PJ again until 2027/2028 based on how the band is operating now 
    My point is: If they really wanted to make up for the mess they could change plans and come back next year playing anything they‘ve cancelled over the last few years.

But they don‘t care. I get it.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    What else is playing on the 6-9th in Barcelona? Anything of a Green Day-caliber?

Pantera :rock_on:
    Cat Power sings Dylan ‘66, July 9th, would be a good night out I think.
    Would be nice. Garbage plays on the 9th to. But I imagine most are leaving on the 9th
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • sdharv1919sdharv1919 Posts: 27
    pjhawks said:
    Well, that's horrible. I wish they get well soon.
    Honestly, it's the 4th tour in a row with several cancelations each time. 

Either they just stop leaving North America, because Ed apparently can't handle the traveling, or perhaps decide to hang it up altogether. I know this sounds overly dramatic, but how many bands at this level do you know that cancel gigs as often and as frequent as Pearl Jam in the last years? It costs the fans a lot of money. They know that they also carry a responsibility towards their fans. And Ed should just fucking stop drinking and smoking (we know that it has an effect on people's immune systems).

Most likely they should be fine for Barcelona, so everyone going there hopefully will have a blast.

Springsteen cancelled a ton last year and a few this year.  Neil Young just cancelled the rest of his tour.  It sucks for all involved but people get sick.  And touring can be hard.  Just pray everyone gets better and the tour can continue 
    How old are Springsteen and Uncle Neil? 
    How old is Ed? 
    Covid and other viruses are running wild this summer with the travel surge... esp Europe 
    Travel surge…lol.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98
    Alpine Valley 6/27/98
    East Lansing 8/18/98
    Knoxville 9/6/98
    D.C. (Constitution Hall) 9/19/98
    Nobelsville 8/18/00
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Detroit (EV) 6/26/11
    Wrigley 8/22/16
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Noblesville 8/26/24
  • I’m done. 
    Ok
    Are you sitting in your Berlin hotel room reading this? Are you? Well? Huh? 
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London O2 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London O2 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, Hyde Park 8/7/22, Hyde Park 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,761
    This is really bad news, so sorry to everyone involved.
    A speedy recovery to the band!

It’s a fragile thing, this life we lead…..

• thomascbullockthomascbullock Posts: 410
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    Rescheduling not possible? Waldbühne and Wuhlheide both available after NOS Alive.

They don‘t want to. This European tour has done more damage to the fanbase than to Ed‘s voice. Everything was cursed and fucked up from the very beginning.
    It might not be possible because they have other commitments. It doesn't matter if the venues are available.
    „Other commitments“ is always a way of priority.
    At this point just “we will do our best to get back next year” would go a long way I’m sure.
  • It would be amazing if they came to cancelled cities next year and just spread dates out as much as possible, but it’s just fantasy unfortunately 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:

It might not be possible because they have other commitments. It doesn't matter if the venues are available.
    At this point just “we will do our best to get back next year” would go a long way I’m sure.
    Why say that though when you know you won’t be back in Europe next year??  Would be worse of them to say that just to say it tbh
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    pjhawks said:

Either they just stop leaving North America, because Ed apparently can't handle the traveling, or perhaps decide to hang it up altogether. I know this sounds overly dramatic, but how many bands at this level do you know that cancel gigs as often and as frequent as Pearl Jam in the last years? It costs the fans a lot of money. They know that they also carry a responsibility towards their fans. And Ed should just fucking stop drinking and smoking (we know that it has an effect on people's immune systems).

Most likely they should be fine for Barcelona, so everyone going there hopefully will have a blast.

Springsteen cancelled a ton last year and a few this year.  Neil Young just cancelled the rest of his tour.  It sucks for all involved but people get sick.  And touring can be hard.  Just pray everyone gets better and the tour can continue 
    How old is Ed? 
    Covid and other viruses are running wild this summer with the travel surge... esp Europe 
    Travel surge…lol.
    What's funny? Summer holidays causes Surge in travel? 
  • sdharv1919sdharv1919 Posts: 27
    pjhawks said:

How old is Ed? 
    Travel surge…lol.
    What's funny? Summer holidays causes Surge in travel? 
    Guess other bands touring Europe have just gotten lucky.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98
    Alpine Valley 6/27/98
    East Lansing 8/18/98
    Knoxville 9/6/98
    D.C. (Constitution Hall) 9/19/98
    Nobelsville 8/18/00
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Detroit (EV) 6/26/11
    Wrigley 8/22/16
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Noblesville 8/26/24
  • JackD. said:
    JackD. said:

Statement literally reads "we hope to come back to Berlin soon" but yeah, we wouldn't want to give people more false hope, would we?
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
  • IamNotMichaelIamNotMichael Posts: 110
    Guess they will have to start doing residencies in the US going forward 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    A residency inside a pharmacy 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 708
    Bet the Aussies are starting to get nervous…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    I'd always wanted to see the band or Ed in Europe. Now? No chance I'm travelling that far for a show. Just the reality, not a complaint. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    I guess I may need to consider Madrid if Barcelona is canceled.
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    I head to Berlin tomorrow morning from London.
    Im still going to have fun and explore.
    But after this year Im done making the extra effort to travel and see PJ.
    I've  lost all confidence  in their ability to pull this off. 
    I've decided not to travel in the morning. I was asleep and got woke up with the news ffs. Going to barca whatever happens though. Need some sun
  • matt84 said:
    Hell, I’m getting nervous w/ tix for Indy, Chicago, Philly, and Boston. 
  • MarcvHMarcvH Posts: 40
    Ticketmaster site: Refunds are issued to original buyers only, i.e., the person who purchased the tickets from our website

What does this mean for 'resale' on ticketmaster?
    Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Werchter 2010, Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I 2014, Amsterdam II 2017 (Ed Solo), Amsterdam I 2018, Amsterdam II 2018, Amsterdam I 2022, Amsterdam II 2022, Berlin I 2024, Berlin II 2024 and... was on the quest list of Vera Groningen 1996.. but went to my girlfriends father's birthday instead, damned!
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    matt84 said:

Five months away... not just yet. Unless it's something long term, in which case we'd all be nervous, and concerned.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    What a fucking shitshow this european tour has been.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,610
    If most of the band get it now, they may have some immunity for the fall dates. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,036
    MarcvH said:
    Ticketmaster site: Refunds are issued to original buyers only, i.e., the person who purchased the tickets from our website

I can’t imagine Ticketmaster won’t refund resale tickets through their site. I would think you’ll be ok. 
  • MarcvHMarcvH Posts: 40
    MarcvH said:

I can’t imagine Ticketmaster won’t refund resale tickets through their site. I would think you’ll be ok. 
    Thanks.. I hope you are right
    Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Werchter 2010, Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I 2014, Amsterdam II 2017 (Ed Solo), Amsterdam I 2018, Amsterdam II 2018, Amsterdam I 2022, Amsterdam II 2022, Berlin I 2024, Berlin II 2024 and... was on the quest list of Vera Groningen 1996.. but went to my girlfriends father's birthday instead, damned!
  • TM will refund you even if you bought from TM official resale.  

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    matt84 said:
    Nope
  • veddermanvedderman Posts: 801
    London sold only 50% of the tickets and got cancelled. Berlin didn't sell well, I couldn't believe how many tickets were still available a few days ago.
    Barcelona ticket sale has been even worse than Berlin. Let's wait and see what happens by Wednesday. My guess is Barcelona will be cancelled as well.
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,637
    A residency inside a pharmacy 
    :)
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    eboweddie said:
    The band are all sick?. Serious dose of covid going around. Disaster.  

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"