LONDON SHOW CANCELLATION

Comments

• YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,630
    Keeping you in my daily prayers, Athelstan.
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    JABK said:
    I sure hope this means that they'll be able to pull Berlin off and the rest of the tour...otherwise they should pull the plug now on the rest of the shows. I can't believe this...last tour I had Vienna and now Berlin seems unsure...
    Same here man. Wife and i were devastated in Viena and now this. Got tickets also for berlin , Barcelona,  Madrid and lisbon. 

How the hell does this keep happenning to pearl jam??? There are dozens of hugr bands on tour and they all seem fine, hell i just saw green day and the killers in Glasgow on the 25th and 26th and they put out an amazing show and these are bands with a much bigger touring schedule than pearl jam.

I just hope berlin is a go at this point. Some more transparency would be good like a berlin is a go kind of message to us near the day of the show, around july 1st perhaps. At least i think that if we dont hear anything on july 1st it will  be a good sign since today's cancellation was around noon, at least they didnt wait until the last second like vienna.
  • KM155315KM155315 Posts: 16
    I've posted in a different thread but meant it here. 
    It's not nice but it's life . What really grinds my gears is the cash grab.
    Merch opens at 12.. 200 people purchase expensive merch.
    1 pm show cancelled. If you are going to cancel do it at 12 and give these people a choice. With the known information to decide to not buy anything. It's just wrong. I can't defend that
    The exact same thing happened for AMS 1 in 2022. Was in the merch queue for 3 hours. Got to front, hardly any merch left but told there would be more inside venue. Walk to get tickets, concert cancelled. It felt like a money grab. 

Then they charged £160 for tickets in Manchester and I’ve had enough. Cancelled the auto renew on my 10c membership (along with 20 years of seniority for tix) and I’m out. 
    Manchester 4th June 2000 London 18th June 2007 Manchester 17th August 2009 Los Angeles 1st October 2009 Manchester 21st June 2012 Leeds 8th July 2014 Milton Keynes 11th July 2014
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 518
    just_one said:
    JABK said:
    I sure hope this means that they'll be able to pull Berlin off and the rest of the tour...otherwise they should pull the plug now on the rest of the shows. I can't believe this...last tour I had Vienna and now Berlin seems unsure...
    Same here man. Wife and i were devastated in Viena and now this. Got tickets also for berlin , Barcelona,  Madrid and lisbon. 

How the hell does this keep happenning to pearl jam??? There are dozens of hugr bands on tour and they all seem fine, hell i just saw green day and the killers in Glasgow on the 25th and 26th and they put out an amazing show and these are bands with a much bigger touring schedule than pearl jam.

I just hope berlin is a go at this point. Some more transparency would be good like a berlin is a go kind of message to us near the day of the show, around july 1st perhaps. At least i think that if we dont hear anything on july 1st it will  be a good sign since today's cancellation was around noon, at least they didnt wait until the last second like vienna.
    I don‘t get it either. No one to blame but how can bands like Foo Fighters, RHCP, Green Day, Queens of the Stone Age, … tour the world heavyly without cancellations and PJ can‘t play even a handful shows without one of them cancelled? Are we just out of luck?
  • reismannreismann Posts: 36
    edited June 28
    The question  is- why will the show not be postponed ?
     Springsteen has postponed his shows this year in Europe to the next year. He did the same last year for the US shows. After many years of 10C membership I will be out from August 24. I will not pay anymore 40 dollars + tax to get nothing as cheap download.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,879
    reismann said:
     Springsteen has postponed his shows this year in Europe to the next year. He did the same last year for the US shows. After many years of 10C membership I will be out from August 24. I will not pay anymore 40 dollars + tax to get nothing as cheap download.
    I’d assume due to the number of unsold seats, and then how many refunds there would have been once everyone realized they overpaid, the promoter probably does better with some type of insurance settlement than by rescheduling.  It was probably the promoter’s lucky day.  I definitely do not believe it was impossible to reschedule.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 374
    KM155315 said:
    1 pm show cancelled. If you are going to cancel do it at 12 and give these people a choice. With the known information to decide to not buy anything. It's just wrong. I can't defend that
    The exact same thing happened for AMS 1 in 2022. Was in the merch queue for 3 hours. Got to front, hardly any merch left but told there would be more inside venue. Walk to get tickets, concert cancelled. It felt like a money grab. 

Then they charged £160 for tickets in Manchester and I’ve had enough. Cancelled the auto renew on my 10c membership (along with 20 years of seniority for tix) and I’m out. 
    👋👋👋
    KM155315 said:

Happy to move up a spot.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    reismann said:
    I’d assume due to the number of unsold seats, and then how many refunds there would have been once everyone realized they overpaid, the promoter probably does better with some type of insurance settlement than by rescheduling.  It was probably the promoter’s lucky day.  I definitely do not believe it was impossible to reschedule.
    I think you are probably right about this. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Regarding a message to say “At this point it’s going ahead” they just cannot do that unfortunately. Imagine sending that out and THEN things go south and they’ve gotta cancel. Even worse.
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,637
    Not to sound too heartless but....will the Football Jerseys be sold online?? 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,151
    edited June 28
    What a bummer for all involved! Band, fans and for those who put in to put these shows together. This band seems cursed the last few years. Hope all is well for upcoming shows in Berlin and Barcelona. That Dublin set doesn’t seem so ‘bad’ now does it. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 708
    JackD. said: uh
    just_one said:
    JABK said:

I don‘t get it either. No one to blame but how can bands like Foo Fighters, RHCP, Green Day, Queens of the Stone Age, … tour the world heavyly without cancellations and PJ can‘t play even a handful shows without one of them cancelled? Are we just out of luck?
    I think a lot of people are thinking it but not saying it - Ed just doesn’t have the singing capabilities and stamina he had 10 years ago. I think a lot just gets blamed on sickness, dust in the air / wildfires etc. That’s my take anyway, I could be completely wrong. But I think Pearl Jam’s touring days could be over sooner rather than later.
  • JR287890JR287890 Posts: 3
    So sorry to hear band members are ill. Unfortunately like many here spent a lot of money on transport and accommodation. Having to travel down from the Scottish Highlands because PJ don't play further north than Manchester adds to the cost. Obviously I'll do it all again because you folks are amazing but it would be nice for the Ten Club members to get something special in recognition of the money e have wasted.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JABK said:

Qotsa had to cancel at least one show 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • DL136722DL136722 Posts: 685
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JABK said:

Yes but the point remains the same, those other bands hardly cancel 
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JABK said:

Out of over a HUNDRED shows during ONE year.
  • When my wife asked my five year old daughter if she was sad for Daddy having to miss his concert, she said “No… I feel sorry for the poorly singer.  Can I make him a get well soon card?”  Proud moment.  She will likely remember in the morning and make the card.
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 736
    When my wife asked my five year old daughter if she was sad for Daddy having to miss his concert, she said “No… I feel sorry for the poorly singer.  Can I make him a get well soon card?”  Proud moment.  She will likely remember in the morning and make the card.
    My 8 yr old just said she hopes I'm still going to the pub or something with my friends so she can have girl time with mummy 😂
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 123
    Well I hope Jeff at least made it to the Idles set at Glastonbury
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
    beano.79 said:
    When my wife asked my five year old daughter if she was sad for Daddy having to miss his concert, she said “No… I feel sorry for the poorly singer.  Can I make him a get well soon card?”  Proud moment.  She will likely remember in the morning and make the card.
    My 8 yr old just said she hopes I'm still going to the pub or something with my friends so she can have girl time with mummy 😂
    Well, if you have to, you can’t let her down, that’s seems like a free invitation! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 736
    beano.79 said:
    Well, if you have to, you can’t let her down, that’s seems like a free invitation! 
    What kind of father would I be if I didn't listen to my daughter 
  • benlw86benlw86 Posts: 74
    Tomorrow was going to be our first ever night having a babysitter for our 3 year old. When I came home from work sad today, he asked for "daddy songs" this evening. I interpreted this as Corduroy. He jammed.
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:
    What kind of father would I be if I didn't listen to my daughter 
    😂
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,432
    All your children are so darn sweet. Good job parenting guys! Thanks for sharing your uplifting moments.
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    edited June 29
    DL136722 said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JABK said:

Springsteen, the Stones, Aerosmith, GnR, Band of Horses, Jane’s, Uncle Neil and many others HAVE had cancellation issues in that time frame though, it just depends which bands you want to cherry-pick to support your argument.
    People get sick. It sucks but it happens.
    Post edited by kmcmanus on
    Spunkie said:
    All your children are so darn sweet. Good job parenting guys! Thanks for sharing your uplifting moments.
    +1

kmcmanus said:
    DL136722 said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JABK said:

Springsteen, the Stones, Aerosmith, GnR, Band of Horses, Jane’s, Uncle Neil and many others HAVE had cancellation issues in that time frame though, it just depends which bands you want to cherry-pick to support your argument.
    Most of the bands you mention are a generation older than PJ.
  • ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 272
    kmcmanus said:
    DL136722 said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JABK said:

+1 People get sick. It's part of life no matter your age. 
  • mcbettermanmcbetterman Posts: 13
    Has anyone got any idea how much of the actual cost Ticketmaster intend to keep, as Ticketmaster intend to keep their fees? 
    Ticket price £135
    Facility Charge £2
    Service Charge £20.75
    Ticket Value £157.75
    Process Fee £2.75
    So total Charge £160.50
    Plus £10 extra for complimentary souvenir ticket, that's basically when we would get pre QR Codes on Phone.

AXS give full refunds on tickets booked through their website but not these ticketmaster crooks who just seem to rip off fans with extra fees, and that demand pricing model for some events.

Do feel for those who have travelled far and booked hotels etc.
    2018 - O2 Arena, London x2
    2017 - Hammersmith Apollo, London (Eddie Vedder)
    2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl
    2012 - Manchester Arena
    2010 - Hyde Park, London
    2009 - O2 Arena, London
    2007 - Wembley Arena, London
    2006 - Reading Festival
    2000 - Wembley Arena, London x2