Options

London cancelled

Comments

• Options
    PileofpunkPileofpunk Bristol, UK Posts: 1
    edited June 28
    I think artists forget that giving 48 hours notice could save their fans hundreds in lost travel costs.  I get that there's no impact on them if they cancel 7 days or 7 hours before a show, but there is for attendees.  PJ have become far too unreliable now, combined with over-inflated prices that they then had to slash. If they doubted Eddie could perform after Manchester, they should have pulled the plug then to allow fans to recoup some travel costs. Obviously, I hope they're all well soon, but the pricing for this was such a betrayal of their roots that this is the last straw for me. Combined with tickets being £10 this week on re-sale sites versus the £150 through Ten Club, I can't even see renewing a Ten Club subscription any more, which is sad.
    Post edited by Pileofpunk on
  • Options
    Ozone BabyOzone Baby Northern Germany Posts: 55
    AR238524 said:
    plenty great concerts in Berlin in case they have to cancel:

03.07. Ty Segall
    04.07. Breeders
    04.07. Garbage
    05.07. Better Lovers (Greg Puciato's new band)
    06.07. Kim Gordon Solo
    07.07. Alvvays 
    If they cancel both nights, i will go to Judas Priest on 2nd July there
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,964
    I’d go see SZA in the sunshine in Hyde Park if in London anyway.

Live close enough to just not travel in though.
    I have absolutely no idea who that is or if you just made a typo lol
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,054
    co sign SZA.

• Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 156
    In London now for my 4th cancelled show, may as well make the best of it anything else on other than green day ?
    Sza at BST in Hyde Park. Janelle Monae at Brixton academy. Burna Boy at London Stadium. The cat empire at electric ballroom. That's what I could see at a quick glance 
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,260
    In London now for my 4th cancelled show, may as well make the best of it anything else on other than green day ?
    Sza at BST in Hyde Park. Janelle Monae at Brixton academy. Burna Boy at London Stadium. The cat empire at electric ballroom. That's what I could see at a quick glance 
    If only I knew any of them :-)
  • Options
    Which is why I grabbed a couple of green day tickets haha. I know them all but not really my thing.
  • Options
    bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 721
    I’m so sorry gang. Horrible.

I do hope the band is OK and on the mend.
  • Options
    Which is why I grabbed a couple of green day tickets haha. I know them all but not really my thing.
    Green day looks sold out now
  • Options
    AG1181AG1181 Posts: 12
    This is awful. I feel for everyone. I was due to fly tonight from NJ.
  • Options
    They're available on tickets. Face value ethical fan to fan site
  • Options
    edited June 28
    They're available on tickets. Face value ethical fan to fan site
    Twickets. Auro correct haha

https://www.twickets.live/en/tour/green-day-the-saviors-tour/1720437150832398336
    Post edited by LiveAtLeeds on
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 422
    pdalowsky said:
    What's the refund process via Ticketmaster??
    automatic, 15 working days they say

What happens if your brought with a credit card
  • Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 217
    In London from Fort Worth. Anyone interested in a PJ meet up somewhere?  Might as well make the most of it and meet some fine people. 
  • Options
    AG1181AG1181 Posts: 12
    seanclax said:
    pdalowsky said:

Should see a credit go back on your card

• Options
    D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 205
    London sacrificed to save the rest at best.
    would be a one week recovery time after Manchester for Berlin.
  • Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 194
    Lost money on hotel and train bookings, gutted but even more so for the ones travelling from afar, sadly these cancellations are getting more frequent and this is now my 3rd in the last couple of years, can’t see it getting any better to be honest… at least we’re in Llangollen today for the Manics and Suede and currently nursing a pint 
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022
    Manchester 2024
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,964
    seanclax said:
    pdalowsky said:

it gets refunded to that card
  • Options
    Smsmartins18Smsmartins18 Posts: 27
    Well, as a Tottenham fan from the US who planned a 3 week trip around this (starting with this show) Im so gutted for this show.
    And terrified of the Berlin and Barcelona shows 
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,319
    That greatest hits show in Dublin doesn't seem so bad now.
    Best comment on this thread!!
  • Options
    Also, are they still selling the merch?  I was in line there and bought it with tons of other folks while this announcement was dropping 
  • Options
    In London from Fort Worth. Anyone interested in a PJ meet up somewhere?  Mighty as well make the most of it and meet some fine people. 
    Definitely!
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 204
    Those posters will be available for a very long time (see 2020 ones still available). Tshirts will probably be given away somehow.. 
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 926
    Sorry to hear this news for everyone with tickets. Kinda pleased I decided to opt out this time round. Get well soon Ed.
  • Options
    Also, are they still selling the merch?  I was in line there and bought it with tons of other folks while this announcement was dropping 
    Yes they are today but not tomorrow, could have given everyone in the queue an event shirt for free
  • Options
    Yes they are today but not tomorrow, could have given everyone in the queue an event shirt for free
    This is what I have an issue with.  They were touting the merch sales a couple hours before online and still allowed thousands of people to do it.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    edited June 28
    They'll never give out free merch.  Pearl Jam is as much of a corporate cash machine at this point as any other big band out there.  Those shirts and posters will be future Mystery box filler.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    They'll never give out free merch.  Pearl Jam is as much of a corporate cash machine at this point as any other big band out there.  Those shirts and posters will be future Mystery box filler.
    definitely. i assume there will be TONS left since they are not selling tomorrow 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,645
    This is what I have an issue with.  They were touting the merch sales a couple hours before online and still allowed thousands of people to do it.
    Starting to sell merch when you know there is a considerable risk you have to cancel is icky
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Kwieneke said:
    definitely. i assume there will be TONS left since they are not selling tomorrow 
    I can tell you for sure there were TONS of visible pallets full of stuff that were in a different room. I went through and out by 1230, still a line after the announcement was made but I’d assume it would completely stop after