*** SEATTLE 2 - 2024 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    That song is beautiful
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    So glad I got to rock out to Setting Sun holding two best friends in both of my arms this tour. Can't wait for 2024 final leg with Pipsqueak l!

I hope everyone at the show got to love one another tonight and moving forward thinks of their dear ones when they hear this song!
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,739
    Not being there, night one looks a lot better to me on paper.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Again no Won’t Tell or Got to Give 🤯
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 647
    N2 100% for me. 
  • ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,282

On the stream it sounded like Something Special
  • thomascbullockthomascbullock Posts: 412
    Being at both I preferred N2 but both were really great shows. 
  • TahoeJeffTahoeJeff Posts: 30
    I thought tonight was great. I was at both shows. The energy was really good tonight. I read a complaint earlier about hearing many of the songs before. I’ve only really gotten into the band since Dark Matter, so after binging the rest of the catalogue and listening to hours of PJ radio on Sirius XM, I was very happy to hear so many of the hits. The Dark Matter songs were great. Glad we got something special. Would’ve liked to hear Got To Give as well, but it’s ok. My first 2 PJ shows in the book, and I loved them both.
  • thomascbullockthomascbullock Posts: 412
    When Ed was strumming around before Hurt, I said to the person next to me “I’d love ‘throw your arms around me’”, and then immediately felt self conscious that if they didn’t know that was a song, they’d think I was making an awkward pass at them.
  • We All BelieveWe All Believe Posts: 581
    Spunkie said:
    Wonder why he threw a "Beautiful." in there?
    I just got back. Everyone lit up their cell phones at one point during the song. That's why he said it.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    Yes, there's a "but" coming up. But it's still important for me to write the following in advance. Because it is meant seriously. I can understand that the guys are proud of their new album. That they want to play new songs live. And I'm looking forward to it too. I think it's great that they're clearly having fun on stage. That they sound great. All things that increase my anticipation.

But playing eight songs from the new album in exactly the same order and in pretty much the same place in the setlist as two days earlier in the same city - and Seattle isn't just any city - makes me a little ... sad. That's a third of the night that's identical.

Anyone who hasn't only known Pearl Jam since this year has to admit that this is a bit ... how do I put it without coming across as grumpy ... unusual.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,530
    I'm surprised they didn't play all the dm songs over both nights...really hoping to see got to give and won't tell when I go to my shows. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 675
    Zen23 said:
    Yes, there's a "but" coming up. But it's still important for me to write the following in advance. Because it is meant seriously. I can understand that the guys are proud of their new album. That they want to play new songs live. And I'm looking forward to it too. I think it's great that they're clearly having fun on stage. That they sound great. All things that increase my anticipation.

But playing eight songs from the new album in exactly the same order and in pretty much the same place in the setlist as two days earlier in the same city - and Seattle isn't just any city - makes me a little ... sad. That's a third of the night that's identical.

Anyone who hasn't only known Pearl Jam since this year has to admit that this is a bit ... how do I put it without coming across as grumpy ... unusual.
    It’s weird cause I love the album, love the songs.  Had not heard any of them live before Seattle, and they sounded great at Seattle 1.  They seem to really enjoy playing the songs and the crowd responded well to the songs.  But after following the setlists all tour and knowing what is coming it does take something away and becomes a little bit of a lull to get the same songs in the same order at Seattle 2.  And I would take WFS and Upper Hand at every show but why not mix in Won’t Tell and Got to Give for a little more variety.  Just seems like a missed opportunity and may start to result in some apathy towards the new songs.
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 675
    Still trying to figure out how they played almost a half hour longer night 2 but still played the same number of songs.  I know there was a 10 min speech in there but still missing like 15-20 min somewhere.

Also weird crowd in section 12 which was a prime section.  The entire 6th row was almost completely empty so after a few songs we decided to move closer down.  Multiple kids and teens in the section who were just on their phones the entire time and I don’t mean like taking pics and what not but like watching videos and playing games.  I got tix in this section late last night that were just released so I’m thinking a lot of this section was a lot of VIP holds that got released back late.

Also, both sec 11 and 4 on the sides had completely empty rows both nights.  Anyone know why they didn’t sell those seats?  They’re some of the best seats in the house.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,017
    Loujoe said:
    Immortality as a shocker to open
    I was 1 off!!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358
    edited May 31
    Dang. Gotta play this today. Hurt!?!

Loved the “Vito throws his wine glass in disgust” comment. 🤣

EDIT: They scratched Wasted pairing?!? (Throwing my wine glass in disgust!) 😂
    Post edited by Johnny Abruzzo on
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,119
    edited May 31
    Zen23 said:

do you do anything else than bitching? im really sorry but i cant be the only one that notices a pattern in your posts. if its not the ticket prices its the setlist  or something else. i know we are all entitled to our opinion and free to do so but come on man  try to be positive. 

they arent getting any younger so just be gratefull they are still playing 2:30h shows. not most bands do that and change the setlists like they do.

i for one im going to 7 shows out of 9 in europe and i cant wait for those shows full knowing i´ll get a lot of the new album in the same spots

that being said and back on the show tonight :

am i the only one who thinks those 2 cutted songs (lukin and wasted), life wasted was replaced by love boat captain,  they are testing to increase the main set? first time they did this in the tour!
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    Seattle looked like a fun two nights.  I’m likely biased but I still think Vegas got the best two shows if we’re talking purely setlist based.  

Happy that PJ is still playing, I love the Dark Matter album, but I think I’ve officially lost the FOMO sensation with them.  Don’t need to catch them all anymore.  Get the close ones and be happy with however long they continue to do this.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    edited May 31
    just_one said:
    Zen23 said:

do you do anything else than bitching? im really sorry but i cant be the only one that notices a pattern in your posts. if its not the ticket prices its the setlist  or something else. i know we are all entitled to our opinion and free to do so but come on man  try to be positive.
    Can you keep your personal grudge against me out of the public eye. It's really annoying. For months. If you really want to get rid of your personal grievance against me, just write me a personal message.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    just_one said:
    Zen23 said:

do you do anything else than bitching? im really sorry but i cant be the only one that notices a pattern in your posts. if its not the ticket prices its the setlist  or something else. i know we are all entitled to our opinion and free to do so but come on man  try to be positive. 

they arent getting any younger so just be gratefull they are still playing 2:30h shows. not most bands do that and change the setlists like they do.

i for one im going to 7 shows out of 9 in europe and i cant wait for those shows full knowing i´ll get a lot of the new album in the same spots

am i the only one who thinks those 2 cutted songs (lukin and wasted), life wasted was replaced by love boat captain,  they are testing to increase the main set? first time they did this in the tour!
    I completely agree with everything Zen23 is saying 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    It's 9 songs when you include Alive
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    pjl44 said:
    just_one said:
    Zen23 said:

Same 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    just_one said:
    Zen23 said:

Same 
    me three
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    It seems like fanboy privilege to bitch about the repeats and the "order" of them and somehow being disappointed.

Stay fucking home if you can't take it. Go to one show.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    Bruce Springsteen repeated 23 songs on the second night of his recent two-night stand in L.A. (out of 31). I don't think Pearl Jam needs to apologize for having nine repeats (out of 25), with eight of them being brand-new songs that no one had ever seen live as of four weeks ago.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,300
    TahoeJeff said:
    I thought tonight was great. I was at both shows. The energy was really good tonight. I read a complaint earlier about hearing many of the songs before. I’ve only really gotten into the band since Dark Matter, so after binging the rest of the catalogue and listening to hours of PJ radio on Sirius XM, I was very happy to hear so many of the hits. The Dark Matter songs were great. Glad we got something special. Would’ve liked to hear Got To Give as well, but it’s ok. My first 2 PJ shows in the book, and I loved them both.
    Welcome to the party Jeff! Enjoy the ride!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    It seems like fanboy privilege to bitch about the repeats and the "order" of them and somehow being disappointed.

Stay fucking home if you can't take it. Go to one show.  
    So I have - as far as I can look at it objectively and calmly - expressed an opinion. The bitching in this case - how could it be otherwise - once again comes from those who accuse others of bitching. Strong language, accusations and orders to individuals are the typical behavior patterns of bitchers in the wild. Yep, that fits. I'd say we've got a direct hit.

BF25394 said:
    Bruce Springsteen repeated 23 songs on the second night of his recent two-night stand in L.A. (out of 31). I don't think Pearl Jam needs to apologize for having nine repeats (out of 25), with eight of them being brand-new songs that no one had ever seen live as of four weeks ago.
    No one has spoken of or demanded that anyone should apologize. A bit overdramatized, isn't it?
    I'm just bitching at your bitching. I bitch therefore I am.

Spunkie said:
    Wonder why he threw a "Beautiful." in there?
    I just got back. Everyone lit up their cell phones at one point during the song. That's why he said it.
    Great photo! 
    Zen23 said:

Agreed. What are we at now, x4? N2 still better than N1.