Options

2024 Tour Merch Thread-Any Info or Pictures to share

Comments

• Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,546
    I'm not sure the best way to let Garrett know, hopefully he'll see it. I actually sent the seller a message: "so much for "say no to flippers," right? $400 for a $100 poster? Not cool." 
    Just google Garrett Morlan, his website is the first thing that comes up
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,363
    I'm not sure the best way to let Garrett know, hopefully he'll see it. I actually sent the seller a message: "so much for "say no to flippers," right? $400 for a $100 poster? Not cool." 
    realistically, how would he know who to cancel? the seller is based in Seattle. Im sure he is not the only buyer from Seattle and his real name is not on ebay 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 290
    I don't normally get involved since there are a gazillion flippers out there. You could drive yourself crazy. Skate decks for $500, dice/playing cards for $150, it's absurd.  But this one just particularly pissed me off because I know of people who missed out on the getting that poster who are die hard fans. Then I see it on ebay just hours later. I had to just say something small to them. 
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,363
    I don't normally get involved since there are a gazillion flippers out there. You could drive yourself crazy. Skate decks for $500, dice/playing cards for $150, it's absurd.  But this one just particularly pissed me off because I know of people who missed out on the getting that poster who are die hard fans. Then I see it on ebay just hours later. I had to just say something small to them. 
    absolutely. drives me crazy to see it 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    DKedzieDKedzie Posts: 121
    Most ebay sellers who are flipping won't be using their real location in their listings, and will even use a different name and mailing address in their account too.
    It's worth checking, but likely won't be able to do anything about it.
    Also, artists often express that they don't have the free time to investigate and chase every flipper. They are busy designing their next project, and also busy fulfilling all the orders they received, and are usually a 1-person business without help.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it's just impossible to track them down when they're from a big city, and I'm sure he doesn't have the time to hunt/investigate. 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,283
    The irony is, they actually went out of their way to mention the holographic sticker in their listing. lol
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,974
    That's just the way it is. I've had people flip my art and it fucking pissed me off. I was able to determine who did it, and they are now banned from all sales. Though they could use another name/friend. I just can't spend too much energy being upset. It sucks that someone is flipping that poster, but a lot of real fans did score one and will proudly frame it. I am one of them.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    edited June 7
    I emailed him. He's looking into what he can do. They may have an online presence with an address you could cross reference. 
    Post edited by njhaley1 on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,584
    Honestly… if I was an artist I’d be happy people are flipping the posters.  It drives demand up and that’s good for the artist.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    To that point... It has been noticed that artists will sell their held back copies as "archives", which are sometimes less than 1 year old, and the artist will charge more for their "archives" because of the flipper prices.
  • Options
    Or on their original drop if they wait a while, charge the inflated price.
    This is Billy Strings, but $300 for a Reg set, and $400 for a foil set seems a bit high for me.
    That being said, I love the artist's work, and hope they all sell and gets all of the money.
    But unfortunate for me that the price is that high and not affordable.
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,283
    DKedzie said:
    Or on their original drop if they wait a while, charge the inflated price.
    This is Billy Strings, but $300 for a Reg set, and $400 for a foil set seems a bit high for me.
    That being said, I love the artist's work, and hope they all sell and gets all of the money.
    But unfortunate for me that the price is that high and not affordable.
    I mean, it is a 2 poster set. So each one is only $50 more than what most PJ artists charge. And it is Todd Slater.
  • Options
    edited June 7
    To me, $50 more ($150) is a lot on a reg, plus tax and shipping. It's more than I'd pay for a reg, but that's me.
    $200 per poster on a foil almost matches the Ames price for their foil variant.
    But you have to buy as a pair, which may sting for some people.

Again, I hope the artist sells them out and makes the money.

The foils have sold out now, about 50 mins after the drop.
    There are still 22 sets of regs available.
    Post edited by DKedzie on
  • Options
    That's an encouraging sight! Hopefully, this time next week poster orders will be in transit! Appreciate it, Brad.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,529
    I hit every AP on this leg except Ames Glo. Waited a few days on Sac and LA2 but eventually pulled the trigger. 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    I hit every AP on this leg except Ames Glo. Waited a few days on Sac and LA2 but eventually pulled the trigger. 
    Yeah, the Ames Bros. 'glow-in-the-dark' posters are virtually impossible to score. And they never say how many they print: 10, 20, 30?
    I wonder if there is anyone who has all the GITDs (besides the Ames archives, of course)? Imagine seeing a wall full of those in a dark room!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,588
    demetrios said:
    It’s a beautiful thing!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    demetrios said:
    It’s a beautiful thing!
    Not as beautiful as this! Please drive slow, Brad.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,588
    shecky said:
    BLACK35 said:
    demetrios said:
    It’s a beautiful thing!
    Not as beautiful as this! Please drive slow, Brad.

Im drooling!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,184
    Anyone get Ames shipment confirmation yet?
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 747
    I have not. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,183
    edited June 8
    SHZA said:
    Same here, got all the ones I went for (just skipped a couple). APs so much easier to get nowadays. Miles different to what it was like in 2018
    Post edited by drfox on
  • Options

Here's another one, ugh.
  • Options
    By the way, I should point out that the photo of Brad's red truck filled to the brim with poster tubes ready to be mailed is from several years ago. He still has to roll, tube and address all the current AP orders, so we still have to chill for a while. B)
  • Options
    rbandhbrbandhb Kansas City Posts: 104
    ZoSoTim said:
    I have not. 
    Ames said they would start shipping out next week and to be patient because they’re sending a lot of posters out. Source- IG comment from Ames on their most recent post
    Bonner Springs 2000
    Bonner Springs 2003
    Council Bluffs 2003
    Kansas City 2010
    Atlanta Music Midtown 2012
    Wrigley Field 2013
    Seattle 2013
    St Louis 2014
    Tulsa 2014
    Lincoln 2014
    MSG 1 2016
    MSG 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    Seattle 2 2018
    Missoula 2018
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
  • Options
    thirdbeachthirdbeach Posts: 79
    Been out of the country and had so so access to the internet.  I am from the Seattle area and unfortunately missed both shows.  I really like the hockey jersey - if anyone has a LARGE for sale let me know.  Looks like the going rate is around $250 which works for me.  
    Thanks
  • Options
    rbandhb said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    I have not. 
    Ames said they would start shipping out next week and to be patient because they’re sending a lot of posters out. Source- IG comment from Ames on their most recent post
    Good to know - thanks.
  • Options
    shecky said:
    SHZA said:
    Yeah, the Ames Bros. 'glow-in-the-dark' posters are virtually impossible to score. And they never say how many they print: 10, 20, 30?
    I wonder if there is anyone who has all the GITDs (besides the Ames archives, of course)? Imagine seeing a wall full of those in a dark room!
    Wow! I just now saw an Ames PJ Seattle N1 Glow-In-The-Dark has been added to eBay. Always kills me when a seller offers a poster he doesn't yet have in hand! Buy It Now price $1,299.