Options

Pearl Jam To Appear On Howard Stern Show

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    If we ever were to get the real story about why and how Dave A was fired, it would be Howard.  What I mean is that Howard will ask the questions people are interested in hearing the answers to.  Not “how was it working with Andrew Watt” followed by the same standard answers we already have read in prior interview.
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 858
    Ed did clam up a bit when asked about Scott Weiland. Maybe he'll deflect to the others if asked anything he thinks awkward. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,309
    If we ever were to get the real story about why and how Dave A was fired, it would be Howard.  What I mean is that Howard will ask the questions people are interested in hearing the answers to.  Not “how was it working with Andrew Watt” followed by the same standard answers we already have read in prior interview.
    Bigger mystery? Why was Dave A. fired from PJ? Or why did bill Belichick bench Malcom Butler right before Super Bowl LII? (for all you football fans out there)

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,727
    The real story? Eddie didn’t want him in the band, guy wasn’t meshing with the other band members. Story is 30 years old. Guy was a clown so he was bounced. 
  • Options
    The real story? Eddie didn’t want him in the band, guy wasn’t meshing with the other band members. Story is 30 years old. Guy was a clown so he was bounced. 
    Cool.  I hope we get to hear about how much Ed likes the Who.  
  • Options
    Cool.  I hope we get to hear about how much Ed likes the Who.  
    Was that sarcasm? 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,450
    You are talking like Howard would be interested in anything that is not ~30 years old with this band.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited April 3
    You are talking like Howard would be interested in anything that is not ~30 years old with this band.
    Don’t listen to the interview then. Just stay on the forum and complain about something new that you don’t like. Howard’s interviews are great, excited to hear/ see it. Hoping that play a couple live songs and Eddie and Stone talk about making of Dark Matter
    Post edited by THEBIBLEISTEN on
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,571
    The stories from the grunge days are way more exciting than anything new imo. Pearl Jam writes great music, but usually very little comes out of their interviews. As someone who appreciates Dave A´s contributions to their sound back in the day, I am eager to hear more about that saga. Probably won't happen as they always shy away from the topic. Maybe they feel a bit bad about how everything was handled. 
    Just speculating here. 

Hopefully Howard gets some tequila in Eddie before showtime! 
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,450
    edited April 3
    Don’t listen to the interview then. Just stay on the forum and complain about something new that you don’t like. Howard’s interviews are great, excited to hear/ see it. Hoping that play a couple live songs and Eddie and Stone talk about making of Dark Matter
    Log out, take some time away from Howard and catch some fresh air. Stories will be 30 years old.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    OMG Richard Christy's Mike McCready story

that Mike stopped playing Even Flow to tell Richard to brush his teeth back in '91 KC Show....face n mouth full of dust in the pit
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,629
    edited April 3
    Log out, take some time away from Howard and catch some fresh air. Stories will be 30 years old
    Says the guy who's still crying about the drummer that was kicked out of the band... *checks notes* 30 years ago. 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    edited April 3
    I'm hoping that Howard asks the guys how certain songs came together, which I believe is what he has done w/previous guests.

Like, for instance, the song Release.  And then Ed will tell how the lyrics came together, the chords came together and then the guys individually will play their instruments to make the sound of the song and then that transitions into them playing a medley of the song.  Howard has done that with previous guests.

There will be plenty of takeaways from this appearance for even the hardcores on this board and don't be shocked it if goes close to two hours as Howard has been a fan pretty much for the entire run of the band (more of the 90s stuff but still).
    Post edited by YourDirtisMyfood on
  • Options
    edited April 3
    Log out, take some time away from Howard and catch some fresh air. Stories will be 30 years old.
    Then don’t listen I guess if you are already complaining about it. You don’t have to listen or post on here if everything makes you upset.  You can do something u actual like if you want. Try it 
    Post edited by THEBIBLEISTEN on
  • Options
    What a train wreck this thread is.    Paul McCartney was interviewed by Howard and they talk about the Beatles who broke up 40 years before.  We'll hopefully get interesting stuff from all eras, but I think Howard will ask the interesting questions and some questions the band may not want to answer. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,337
    What a train wreck this thread is.    Paul McCartney was interviewed by Howard and they talk about the Beatles who broke up 40 years before.  We'll hopefully get interesting stuff from all eras, but I think Howard will ask the interesting questions and some questions the band may not want to answer. 
    somehow it always leads to an argument lol 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Was Pearl Jam asked to be on the Private Parts soundtrack?
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,531
    It's impossible these days to have a thread without mud slinging. Seems to echo society quite well
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Most people seem pretty excited about this interview... why anyone would put up a stink or get upset about it is beyond me, but that's our world today I guess. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    It's impossible these days to have a thread without mud slinging. Seems to echo society quite well
    Many of the same people over and over again, too.

As for Howard, this will be entertaining and I look forward to it. When was the last time they gave a longform interview all together like this, that was recorded/broadcast? Been ages. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,531
    I don't think it can be bad. We get to hear from pearl jam and songs. Win
    Win
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 675
    Niko80 said:
    The stories from the grunge days are way more exciting than anything new imo. Pearl Jam writes great music, but usually very little comes out of their interviews. As someone who appreciates Dave A´s contributions to their sound back in the day, I am eager to hear more about that saga. Probably won't happen as they always shy away from the topic. Maybe they feel a bit bad about how everything was handled. 
    Just speculating here. 

What more is there to hear? He was a talented drummer who wanted different things from success than the other 4 guys. He wasn’t wrong to want what he did, they weren’t either, just different philosophies. So the band moved on. The firing wasn’t well handled but very few firings ever are. And the other guys all credit the guy who came in next with saving the band. What possibly good would be done by the band saying his name publicly? He ain’t coming back. 
  • Options
    I actually would like to hear the band reference got a gun, fact I’ve got two if that is related to Dave.
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,339
    I actually would like to hear the band reference got a gun, fact I’ve got two if that is related to Dave.
    Dave spoke about this on the SOLAT podcast recently. Said it was impressive or cool (paraphrasing) how Ed turned a conversation in the studio into the lyrics of the song. No offense supposedly intended and none taken.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    Stern got Ed to open up about both his brother death as well as Chris Cornell's when he was on the show a few years ago. 

If Ed's spoken about those elsewhere, that's news to me. 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,643
    kmcmanus said:
    Niko80 said:
    Just speculating here. 

What more is there to hear? He was a talented drummer who wanted different things from success than the other 4 guys. He wasn’t wrong to want what he did, they weren’t either, just different philosophies. So the band moved on. The firing wasn’t well handled but very few firings ever are. And the other guys all credit the guy who came in next with saving the band. What possibly good would be done by the band saying his name publicly? He ain’t coming back. 
    Also, 95% of the people listening to the interview have no idea who he is or care why he left.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    edited April 3
    Stern should go through all the drummers. Chamberlain, Krusen, Jack Irons. Who’s the one that left for either Edie Brickell band or Saturday Night Live? One of Dave’s or Matt’s, not Cameron.
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 675
    Stern should go through all the drummers. Chamberlain, Krusen, Jack Irons. Who’s the one that left for either Edie Brickell band or Saturday Night Live? One of Dave’s or Matt’s, not Cameron.
    Chamberlain had been in the New Bohemians before PJ and went to SNL after
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,571
    ComeToTX said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Niko80 said:
    Just speculating here. 

Also, 95% of the people listening to the interview have no idea who he is or care why he left.
    Just reporting on what I am curious about. Hearing them reflect on this with more than one sentence would be interesting. 
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Will there be a live spotter while the interview is happening posting real time excerpts as they happen for those of us who can’t hear it live?