Options

Pearl Jam To Appear On Howard Stern Show

Comments

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    It's mentioned in this reddit thread by someone that PJ will be on....

https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/1bt071z/040124_stern_show_discussion_thread/?rdt=55510

The contacted caller to call in and talk about Pearl Jam?

What a get, Pearl Jam? oh they have a new record and as doing their promo tour

https://www.nme.com/news/music/eddie-vedder-thinks-pearl-jam-have-one-or-two-good-records-left-in-them-3611391

But the caller is making it sound like a huge get.....

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    Can't wait to see on SiriusXM.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    I'll be sad if this is an April Fool's joke
    I heard it live this morning when he made the announcement... I don't think it's an April Fools joke. It sounded organic in how it was announced, not to mention the timing lines up w/ them releasing a new album and embarking on a world tour. 
    Great- thanks for the update.  I only heard about ten minutes of the show this morning.  Of course it had to do with watching American Idol with his wife..... UGH!!!

BF25394 said:
    He is an excellent interviewer, so this could be one of the more enlightening bits of press the band has done if they choose to be responsive to him.
    His interview with EdVed a few years ago was fantastic.
    That was in the middle of a tough quarantine so I loved that interview.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    nicknyr15 said:
    JV130312 said:
    For the first time ever, Pearl Jam will appear on the Howard Stern at the end of this month.  No specific date has been announced but has been confirmed by Howard himself.
    I hope this is a April Fools joke. Why would they go on this assholes show? Again pJ taught me to stand up against Tyrants like these. It just goes to show the longer your in show business the farther you get away from the average person. Well...I hope they play Army reserve for the 60k that lost their job in the Armed service because they didn't want mRNA in their system. Their body their choice.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/howard-stern-message-unvaccinated-covid_n_61ea6194e4b01440a68a1391

What makes you think that PJ doesn’t align with Howard’s stance on vaccine? Or politically? What have they done to make you think otherwise. How about let’s just put that bullshit aside and enjoy the music and the interview when it happens. 
    They can do what they want. But I was hoping they would stay away from people and shows that make quotes like these. Fuck Stern. 

“There’s enough Americans now have taken it. Look at us as a sampling where nothing has happened to us. It’s time for you to get it.”

“Now if you don’t get it, in my America, all hospitals would be closed to you,” Stern added. “You’re going to go home and die.” 

Howard Stern---
  • Options
    edited April 1
    JV130312 said:
    For the first time ever, Pearl Jam will appear on the Howard Stern at the end of this month.  No specific date has been announced but has been confirmed by Howard himself.
    This guy huh? This is the guy you want to be associated with? 

Post edited by shadowcast on
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    JV130312 said:

https://x.com/dom_lucre/status/1722766521544458708?s=20

Where are the words "associated with" written other than in this sentence and what you've written.  You seem to be the only one upset...so express your displeasure and move along.  No need to throw a temper tantrum.  lol
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    JV130312 said:
    JV130312 said:
    I hope this is a April Fools joke. Why would they go on this assholes show? Again pJ taught me to stand up against Tyrants like these. It just goes to show the longer your in show business the farther you get away from the average person. Well...I hope they play Army reserve for the 60k that lost their job in the Armed service because they didn't want mRNA in their system. Their body their choice.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/howard-stern-message-unvaccinated-covid_n_61ea6194e4b01440a68a1391

The mandate people always reveal themselves. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,077
    BF25394 said:
    He is an excellent interviewer,
    Seems to be talking more himself and answering the questions instead of letting his guests. Don’t really see how he would be excellent.

Much rather have an e.g. Marc Maron conversation with the band than whatever Stern is doing in his post shock-jock Symbian era.  
    Sounds like you haven't listened to him in a very long time.

In the last 10 years, he's pulled off some of the best interviews I've ever heard.  
    I have only listened and watched in recent years. hehe. 

SO I STAND BY MY STATEMENT :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    BF25394 said:
    Seems to be talking more himself and answering the questions instead of letting his guests. Don’t really see how he would be excellent.

Much rather have an e.g. Marc Maron conversation with the band than whatever Stern is doing in his post shock-jock Symbian era.  
    Sounds like you haven't listened to him in a very long time.

In the last 10 years, he's pulled off some of the best interviews I've ever heard.  
    I have only listened and watched in recent years. hehe. 

SO I STAND BY MY STATEMENT :)
    Stand by your statement all you want, you're still wrong, all caps or not. 

:) 
  • Options
    I go through the whole world doing it my way, riiiiight?  Gangster talk, riiiight?  We're going to talk about Joseph Corsin and the world famous Stage Delicatesan, riiiiiiiiiight?  They were going to pinch me, Ganster talk for lock me up, riiiiiight?
  • Options
    JV130312 said:
    JV130312 said:

https://x.com/dom_lucre/status/1722766521544458708?s=20

Where are the words "associated with" written other than in this sentence and what you've written.  You seem to be the only one upset...so express your displeasure and move along.  No need to throw a temper tantrum.  lol
    Not throwing a temper tantrum just stating what Stern has said and done. Again...he said these things. And yes if you had a band and went on a talk show of a KKK member host you would be associated with that show. That's how the world works. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    Your tantrum, your choice.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited April 1
    JimmyV said:
    Your tantrum, your choice.
    Thanks......I'll pass...

Post edited by shadowcast on
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,687
    BF25394 said:

Dude, can u give it a rest? Try and not complain for 24 hours. Everything isn’t a negative thing. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,256
    oh man. gonna close the thread now 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 533
    This is so April Fools, cmon peeps!
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    IBTL.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,178
    WW187806 said:
    not a chance, they were suppose to be on before covid hit
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,350
    JV130312 said:

You don't want mRNA in your system? Then you've got a problem, since mRNA exists naturally in your body as part of the DNA transcription process. It must be difficult to live with yourself knowing that your own body is engaged in this conspiracy against you every day of your life. Sic semper tyrannis!
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    edited April 1
    WW187806 said:
    If Stern was going to pull an April Fools joke, I feel like it would be way better than this.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,178
    cherry broken with Ed
    band suppose to promote Gigaton prior to Covid

Robin & Gary @ Apollo
    Record out 4/19, appearance 4/22

me no think so
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    JV130312 said:

You don't want mRNA in your system? Then you've got a problem, since mRNA exists naturally in your body as part of the DNA transcription process. It must be difficult to live with yourself knowing that your own body is engaged in this conspiracy against you every day of your life. Sic semper tyrannis!
    Not the mRNA they cooked up....No thanks...
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,350
    BF25394 said:
    JV130312 said:

Please explain why the mRNA in the mRNA-based COVID vaccines is of special concern to you. Have you opted for the non-mRNA-based Novavax COVID vaccine instead?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,813
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    JV130312 said:

Please explain why the mRNA in the mRNA-based COVID vaccines is of special concern to you. Have you opted for the non-mRNA-based Novavax COVID vaccine instead?
    Pleas don’t. Keep this shit AMT. There’s a whole thread for this. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656
    BF25394 said:

When he had Ed on it was pretty good, but he does have to talk about himself every other question. 
  • Options
    JV130312 said:

Howard didn’t issue the mandate. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,256
    BF25394 said:

When he had Ed on it was pretty good, but he does have to talk about himself every other question. 
    I enjoyed the interview for the most part but Howard was getting on my nerves. Part of his job I suppose is talking about himself 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    It's on MarksFriggin, the Stern website so it's legit:

https://www.marksfriggin.com/index2.htm
  • Options
    Kwieneke said:
    BF25394 said:

I enjoyed the interview for the most part but Howard was getting on my nerves. Part of his job I suppose is talking about himself 
    He got on Ed’s case for smoking which I thought was funny. 
  • Options
    WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 533
    I would welcome this, but today of all days this just pops out? I have been had in the past I stand on the side of April Fools!