albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    Entertaining interview.  Scared Of Fear sounded great!  

I was confused near the end when Stern said Wreckage was about Trump?  Nobody in the band really confirmed it though.  Maybe they didn't want to focus on that or have it be the biggest takeaway from the interview or it would divide the fanbase.  A few news outlets have already grabbed this from the Stern interview though and reported it.  Also, still really surprised the whole marketing campaign isn't based around Waiting For Stevie since it clearly resonates with the most people. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,180
    I gotta watch it, listening to it… Ed sounded checked out more than usual… l

Howard not smooth, not his usual self imo

Mike was fantastic, Jeff and Stone too

Matt only heard a lil of

thought Howard could of delved into many other interesting things, lil clunky and I’m a huge Howard fan
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    Pearl Jam Performs Live on ‘The Howard Stern Show’: Stream https://www.siriusxm.com/blog/pearl-jam-howard-stern-show The band is making their ‘Stern Show’ debut after releasing their 12th studio album.

Pearl Jam made their debut on “The Howard Stern Show” – live from their Seattle headquarters – on Monday, April 22. Check out their full conversation with Howard Stern and set on Howard 100 on the SiriusXM app and radios with a subscription or free trial.

pearl jam howard stern show button siriusxm

While Eddie Vedder has previously appeared on the “Stern Show,” this marks Pearl Jam’s first time on the show as a band. During the appearance, the legendary group performed their classics “Daughter” and “Yellow Ledbetter,” plus “Scared of Fear” from their new album, “Dark Matter.” They released their 12th studio album last Friday (see tracklist below).

“The Howard Stern Show” airs live on the Howard 100 channel Monday-Wednesday (7am-11am ET), with replays of Mondays and Tuesdays shows on Thursdays and Fridays. Episodes and videos are available on the SiriusXM app.

Additionally, listen to Pearl Jam on the “Stern Show” on Pearl Jam Radio Friday, April 26, at 11am ET.

Pearl Jam Radio “Dark Matter” special

Ahead of their “Stern Show” appearance, Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder, Mike McCready, Stone Gossard, and Jeff Ament premiered the album with exclusive commentary on their year-round SiriusXM channel, Pearl Jam Radio.

“I think the main request we have of you – not that we’re in that position, but if we were, to ask anything – I would recommend you play it loud,” Eddie says of the album during the exclusive “Dark Matter” special. “Like, really loud.”

How to listen

Pearl Jam Radio is available on the SiriusXM app and car radios on channel 22 with a subscription or free three-month trial. Listen to the full “Dark Matter” special on the channel or on demand on the SiriusXM app starting April 19.

On the 24/7 Pearl Jam Radio channel, listeners will hear studio tracks, b-sides, concert recordings, and more from the Pearl Jam vault. Check out more here.

• Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 564
    Would appreciate a listen :)
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    reggie35reggie35 Posts: 18
    Would love to hear this!
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    would also love to hear this!!!! :)
  • Options
    TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 535
    Hoping someone recorded this.  I listened but then had to work.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    If I was going to have to be at work at 6am for an interview where millions would be listening, I doubt I would sleep much more than 1 or 2 hours.   Much respect for any halfway coherent answers.  
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,970
    Stern is annoying as hell
    I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong. 
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,124
    Some Pearl Jam fans are insufferable. Swifties have nothing on y’all 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,434
    They posted the Heart videos the day of. So hopefully by this evening we might have a few videos
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Some Pearl Jam fans are insufferable. Swifties have nothing on y’all 
    Tis true

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 506
    vedpunk said:
    Entertaining interview.  Scared Of Fear sounded great!  

I was confused near the end when Stern said Wreckage was about Trump?  Nobody in the band really confirmed it though.  Maybe they didn't want to focus on that or have it be the biggest takeaway from the interview or it would divide the fanbase.  A few news outlets have already grabbed this from the Stern interview though and reported it.  Also, still really surprised the whole marketing campaign isn't based around Waiting For Stevie since it clearly resonates with the most people. 
    I thought it was odd too but then there was this article in the UKs Sunday Times that I believe what Stern was actually referencing.  So my thought is that Wreckage might be about the division and rifts in relationships that have stemmed from the Trump years.  Not a personal relationship per se but our collective relationship with ourselves as we all still combing through the wreckage and try to hold on to what we used to have in this country.  If this is the case it’s even more fitting that song has that Petty/Americana style.

Speaking to the U.K.’s Sunday Times, Vedder said of the song: “There is a guy in the United States who is still saying he didn’t lose an election, and people are reverberating and amplifying that message as if it is true. Trump is desperate. I don’t think there has ever been a candidate more desperate to win, just to keep himself out of prison and to avoid bankruptcy. It is all on the line, and he’s out there playing the victim — at least they’re doing this to me, because if not they would be doing it to you — but you haven’t falsified your tax records. You don’t have classified information in your basement. So the song is saying, let’s not be driven apart by one person, especially not a person without any worthy causes.”
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    edited April 22
    CROJAM95 said:
    I gotta watch it, listening to it… Ed sounded checked out more than usual… l

Howard not smooth, not his usual self imo

Mike was fantastic, Jeff and Stone too

Matt only heard a lil of

thought Howard could of delved into many other interesting things, lil clunky and I’m a huge Howard fan
    ^^^^^ Howard was my inspiration for my TV/radio Communication degree. Interview was mid (with some funny stories in there), with some great Dark Matter performances. 

Agreed that he didn't seem nearly as energetic as the first time on Stern. 
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    So far no videos have been posted on Stern Shows youtube channel. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 386
    The best point Howard made was that it would be amazing if the band created a documentary showing the process of making a record and creating these songs.  Stone hated the idea but fans would love it.
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,821

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    If people want to listen...

SiriusXM gives away a lot of promotional offers. If you're paying more than $8-9 for everything they offer, you're paying too much.

I'm down to $4/mo for two years for everything...the price is good for two years. I was paying $8/mo for a year and then the $4/mo offer came out.

Call and threaten to cancel. You'll be taken care of.

Also... www.siriusxm.com/free-trial for three months.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 202

SiriusXM gives away a lot of promotional offers. If you're paying more than $8-9 for everything they offer, you're paying too much.

I'm down to $4/mo for two years for everything...the price is good for two years. I was paying $8/mo for a year and then the $4/mo offer came out.

I've got a sub, but for some reason the stern show is locked for me. 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    njhaley1 said:

Do you have the Platinum package? He's only on that...unless you have an older package that included Howard...then IDK.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,494
    KS80184 said:
    The best point Howard made was that it would be amazing if the band created a documentary showing the process of making a record and creating these songs.  Stone hated the idea but fans would love it.
    It’s called Single Video Theory. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,351
    edited April 23
    KS80184 said:
    It’s called Single Video Theory. 
    That captured the rehearsal process, not the writing and recording process.

I love Pearl Jam more than anything and love the idea in theory, but I feel like "Get Back" may have broken the bar for the sort of thing Howard was describing. Seeing Paul McCartney conjure "Get Back" as if out of the sky is something that may never be topped. (And that's one of my least favorite Beatles songs.)
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,494
    It was the recording. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    MZ2626MZ2626 Posts: 20
    Does anyone know how to record a streaming file? I have a Sirius account and would love to download it but I do not know what program to use? I apologize if this shouldn’t be discussed on this forum.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,220
    edited April 23
    WW187806 said:
    Yes, this precisely. Any help with the video on the app crisis, ! God thank you for pj as an outlet to the madness. So… is there full video for full paid subscribers as I am?

cutz said:
    So the only way to hear this is sign up to Sirius?  No live youtube stream?
    Are these normally recorded and available for non-subscribers after?
    Everything that happens on the show is recorded and filmed and available on the app for posterity.

The Springsteen interview was in person and filmed for HBO.
    I'm listening on the App but how can I watch the Video of the interview(Howard mentioned that it can be viewed on the App?)
    cutz said:
    So the only way to hear this is sign up to Sirius?  No live youtube stream?
    Are these normally recorded and available for non-subscribers after?
    Everything that happens on the show is recorded and filmed and available on the app for posterity.

The Springsteen interview was in person and filmed for HBO.
    I'm listening on the App but how can I watch the Video of the interview(Howard mentioned that it can be viewed on the App?)

Full video should be in the app sometime in the coming weeks. There's video from the Black Crowes interview on March 27 but Heart on Apr 10 isn't up yet 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,814
    Two new songs sounded killer. Matt’s drums sounded so good. 
  • Options
    edited April 23
    I think it's funny that Howard didn't know Andrew since he was there with Post Malone when he performed Better Man
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 202
    njhaley1 said:

Do you have the Platinum package? He's only on that...unless you have an older package that included Howard...then IDK.
    That must be it. Bummer. 
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,802
    Surprisingly, what I found out is that Mike is a NIMBY.