Options

Pearl Jam To Appear On Howard Stern Show

Comments

• Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    One thing I noticed was how Ed sounded much softer, particularly in Daughter and Yellow Ledbetter.
    Not sure if its because of the early start, or rehearsal space or the fact they arent mid-tour, or simply just a new style.  Only time will tell until the tour starts and hear how he sings then.

Daughter also seemed slowed down to normal speed unlike the faster live versions we have been used to in recent years.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758
    That was an extremely enjoyable 2 hours.  I've been listening to Howard for years and to have the full band on there was just perfect.  Wish we would have heard a little bit more from Matt.  The new songs sounded incredible.  
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,322
    edited April 23
    edited
    Post edited by Ryan_WFC on
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,523
    I guess there's a poor man's Wrap Up show that covered the interview yesterday and they do play clips of the interview with the band.  If you go to timestamp 1:00:40 for instance, Stone talks about playing the guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFq-aD3dJ1E
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,190
    Longing for Sterns youtube uploads
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,987
    to those who saw the video , does ed play guitar on scared of fear? 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    edited April 23
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    AlltheWay23AlltheWay23 Posts: 158
    If there's a link someone could share, I'd be grateful!
  • Options
    I guess there's a poor man's Wrap Up show that covered the interview yesterday and they do play clips of the interview with the band.  If you go to timestamp 1:00:40 for instance, Stone talks about playing the guitar:

these people rip Howard and the interview with actual sound clips played.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359

Who the fuck are these people? I heard 30 seconds of this lady ripping Stern for waiting until the weekend to listen to the album....of course it was just released on Friday. 

Yeesh.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 464
    edited April 23
    I thought the interview was OK.

The band seemed like it was having fun.

I've listened to Stern for almost 30 years. Even though he has seriously evolved over the years, yesterday Stern wasn't his usual self, IMO. He was tamer than I thought he'd be. He seemed a little intimidated, even though Ed was/is his longest interview of all time. Chalk it up to being incredibly respectful of the band, maybe even in awe.

May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,546
    JimmyV said:
    Some Pearl Jam fans are insufferable. Swifties have nothing on y’all 
    Tis true
    S'okay T'admit  :D 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,546
    edited April 23
    nicknyr15 said:
    jdopj said:
    Is there a lot of political talk?
    No, thankfully. 
    Agreed.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,776
    I thought the interview was OK.

The band seemed like it was having fun.

I've listened to Stern for almost 30 years. Even though he has seriously evolved over the years, yesterday Stern wasn't his usual self, IMO. He was tamer than I thought he'd be. He seemed a little intimidated, even though Ed was/is his longest interview of all time. Chalk it up to being incredibly respectful of the band, maybe even in awe.

Stern was cracking me up. It also made me laugh when Eddie nixed Glorified G and Sterns reaction. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 231
    Is the complete interview online? Link please ;)
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 931
    howard said this morning video will be up to tomorrow, wednesday 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    Full audio on app.

Great! For regular paying SiriusXM subscribers we will get a chance to hear on the app this Friday.

• Options
    The OJ stuff just got posted and that was right before the Pearl Jam interview, so clips should be up soon, unless something prevents them from posting clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kGdAOxR0h8
  • Options
    Was just wondering what some of the best musical moments in the show's history are besides this one, of course.

I remember listening to Best Of shows from the 1990s and the episode where Sebastian Bach and Axl Rose called in from LA with Erin Everly and a room full of people in the hotel room was really cool.

Dave Grohl doing Everlong acoustic, of course.

And this one from the Birthday Show.   Worth a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GilzbcZOcHU
  • Options
    77777777 Idaho Posts: 159
    DEGBTI said:
    howard said this morning video will be up to tomorrow, wednesday 
    Nice!
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,511
    edited April 23
    rahjiim said:
    Another Europan fan hoping for a link here.
    You're posting from Jupiter's moon Europa?!?!

Say hi to Clipper for me when it gets there.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    77777777 Idaho Posts: 159
    JimmyV said:
    Some Pearl Jam fans are insufferable. Swifties have nothing on y’all 
    Tis true
    S'okay T'admit  :D 
     😄 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,511

Who the fuck are these people? I heard 30 seconds of this lady ripping Stern for waiting until the weekend to listen to the album....of course it was just released on Friday. 

Yeesh.
    Stern surely received an advance copy.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 549
    Stern mentioned that he talked to the band a little bit more after the interview and Ed mentioned that they should have just went through with Sterns Glorified G request.

Im thinking since Ed mentioned during the interview that they played it the other day and it didn’t have the right energy that they did try to rehearse it knowing that Stern always talks about that song.  I’m guessing either the rehearsals for it didn’t go well or maybe he was thinking it was too early in the morning to hit some of those notes?

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 835
    Would they be playing it in a lower key now and would Ed be worried it might sound like shit in the circumstances? I reckon they'll play it for Howard at MSG.

Liked the info on Ledbetter eh. Obviously could have gone on three times as long-would have loved to hear talk on Binaural's recording, Bushleaguer's response a bit more, the keys on Retrograde and why Ed's vocals were lower in the mix for the climax (insert your other burning questions here)...but very enjoyable. Also nice to hear Scared of Fear and Wreckage were in open G tuning. Think Ryan Lendt copped on that Wreckage wasn't in standard-not sure if his tuning was the correct one but regardless good stuff for picking it out Ryan.

Kudos to Howard also for a two hour interview that didn't mention Nirvana. Great yarn on the cease and desist from Kiss. You think they'd try to claim royalties for Alive after Mike said he ripped Ace off? 😂
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,190
    Eddies voice is getting deeper and deeper. hehe

START DO LEONARD COHEN COVERS
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Anyone have a clip they can DM me? Forever grateful 

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 234
    Eddies voice is getting deeper and deeper. hehe

START DO LEONARD COHEN COVERS
    Hell yeah!

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,957
    Really looking forward to this!
    Nature drunk and High