Options

Running is out !

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,452
    Shouldn't people choose what to do themselves, if it doesn't harm others?

I'm not stopping anyone from doing anything. If they can express their opinion, can't I express mine?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    on2legs said:
    Listened a bunch of times and I really like it. 

Hey Pearl Jam… make sure you keep the receipts.  Gonna be a lot of people back on the bandwagon after they hear it live! 
    Sadly, some of us won’t be able to hear it live since we can’t afford tickets this time around. 
    Sorry to hear that.  Genuinely hope you are in a better spot soon and able to make the next tour. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Sure thing, boss. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,689
    Spunkie said:
    Was cleared for liftoff
    aborted my takeoff
    living in the shadows
    a date with the gallows
    and a reprieve not looking likely

Near death/close call/health issues?
    Personal or environmental? (If your culture separates the two)
    Is it about a lost friend that he never got a chance to reconnect with? CC maybe? 
    Thanks for bringing that up. I forgot that take on it.

I like the bit about running to every second coming too. That can be taken three ways I suppose: literally, religiously and sexually (like 7 oclock).

Haven't thought about how his friend would fit that part...
    Aborted is a pretty strong word for us females, too.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Listening back to Avocado & even Lightening Bolt, the vocals so far on the 2 tracks released for Dark Matter are quite muffled in the mix.  Running is ok, quite WWS-esque but not as good.

so far Dark Matter > Running
    I honestly have not found the vocals muffled at all once I saw the lyrics to each song.
    I'm glad to hear that. I guess I didn't really believe dark matter is lyrics since they were different on every web streamer. It wasn't until Robbie went to see them in the UK that I could believe Ed actually sang King Diamond (ironic) although I was trying to see how that could fit... I'll have to give it a new go now that those official ones you put up from liz/apple seems to be it.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,090
    I am really digging Running!  I like it a lot!
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    Was cleared for liftoff
    aborted my takeoff
    living in the shadows
    a date with the gallows
    and a reprieve not looking likely

Near death/close call/health issues?
    Personal or environmental? (If your culture separates the two)
    Is it about a lost friend that he never got a chance to reconnect with? CC maybe? 
    So the reprieve not coming would be the aftermath/loss/feeling?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,238
    Spunkie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    The lyrics are corny
    Yea, sometimes when dealing with shit/plumbing corn can be involved 
    The last thing I have to say in response to your insult, is that I believe these lyrics (songs) were made on the spot. On the fly. Like the poet (Ed) just came up with a simile on the spot. Most people don't run around with haiku's, similes etc.. flying out of their mouth with no thought at all. To music, no less.
    It was a sad attempt at a poop joke from someone else’s insult

i like the lyrics, the tunnel line been in my melon for 24hrs
  • Options
    I wonder if these are playful lyrics about the flood at Watt’s studio
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,509
    To me, it seemed to be all about the bullshit you hear from people, ot maybe media, or political figures.

Running from all the shit your pushing.
    In a tunnel, the tunnel is getting funneled, like sewage or plumbing cause we left the water running.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Spunkie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    The lyrics are corny
    Yea, sometimes when dealing with shit/plumbing corn can be involved 
    The last thing I have to say in response to your insult, is that I believe these lyrics (songs) were made on the spot. On the fly. Like the poet (Ed) just came up with a simile on the spot. Most people don't run around with haiku's, similes etc.. flying out of their mouth with no thought at all. To music, no less.
    It was a sad attempt at a poop joke from someone else’s insult

i like the lyrics, the tunnel line been in my melon for 24hrs
    Oh no your joke was funny. Hey I gave it a listen with a purely sexual perspective and all I have to say is this song is Deeesgusting!
  • Options
    Hahaha. It's so confusing I never know Watt song was from the first or second session!
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,176
    Vedd Hedd said:
    To me, it seemed to be all about the bullshit you hear from people, ot maybe media, or political figures.

Running from all the shit your pushing.
    In a tunnel, the tunnel is getting funneled, like sewage or plumbing cause we left the water running.

This is my take on it as well. 
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    Hahaha. It's so confusing I never know Watt song was from the first or second session!
    Well done
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    Anyone notice that Friday April 22nd when "Running" was released, it was International Water day? :)
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,167
    on2legs said:

Hey Pearl Jam… make sure you keep the receipts.  Gonna be a lot of people back on the bandwagon after they hear it live! 
    Sadly, some of us won’t be able to hear it live since we can’t afford tickets this time around. 
    YouTube? Good live shows on there 
    Frankly, I just don’t find Pearl Jam’s new music very interesting. Why should I have to supplement what I pay for an album with a live show in order to enjoy a song? 
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,695
    on2legs said:

Frankly, I just don’t find Pearl Jam’s new music very interesting. Why should I have to supplement what I pay for an album with a live show in order to enjoy a song? 
    Dude, you are a broken record. We get it. Not sure why u need to keep repeating yourself. Find a band u like and post on their message board maybe. Find something u like and spend your time energy on that, will make for a better day I’m thinking  for you. 
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 330
    on2legs said:

Dude, you are a broken record. We get it. Not sure why u need to keep repeating yourself. Find a band u like and post on their message board maybe. Find something u like and spend your time energy on that, will make for a better day I’m thinking  for you. 
    There are A LOT of “fans” on here who need to turn their card in and go away. Yes, you can express your opinion about how much you don’t like their music anymore, but nobody gives a shit. Good for you, great, fantastic, go tell someone who cares. Why are you still here, crapping on everything they put out? Like this guy, he has been singing this tune for AT LEAST 15 years. Saying the bands music does nothing for him, its not his taste anymore, he’s done, he's leaving, and yet, here he is. Now he says he’s not renewing, AGAIN, so let’s just see about that. July, isn’t it, Joe? 

Both of these songs are great, they get better every listen, it true PJ fashion🤟🤟🤟
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 827
    If you ignore them, they will go away.  They’re just crying for the attention. 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,144
    I find Running is a fun song that makes me want to move like WWS does..so I guess running is a good name for it. I think the bridge is beautiful and I would love something like that to be its own song. 

And yelling potato is also fun cuz that's all I hear on the one yell out part
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,005
    vedpunk said:
    That’s exactly it, I’m all for different opinions but it’s starting to feel like attention seeking or contrarianism. We’re on a Pearl Jam message board so by saying a lot of negative things about everything they do, it’s pretty easy to get the attention you crave. 
  • Options
    IvancmpjIvancmpj Posts: 9
    After several listens: Wonderful. listened in a Bose minisoundlink II . More powerfull than Supersonic. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    edited March 24
    Why do some people get off on telling others to go away.  Very odd. 
    Obviously they love Pearl Jam or they would not be here
    You don't have to love recent music to love the band
      You also don't have to love the last album to be super excited to see your favorite band live, and to want good access to tickets, and to want to see your friends on tour.
    Fuck.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    I find Running is a fun song that makes me want to move like WWS does..so I guess running is a good name for it. I think the bridge is beautiful and I would love something like that to be its own song. 

You're so much fun Dgirl 😁
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,846
    Hawk123 said:
    vedpunk said:
    That’s exactly it, I’m all for different opinions but it’s starting to feel like attention seeking or contrarianism. We’re on a Pearl Jam message board so by saying a lot of negative things about everything they do, it’s pretty easy to get the attention you crave. 

Are you really for different opinions though cause it kind of feels like you are not…

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,452
    deb1211 said:

It's a callback to "Yellow Ledbetter" and "potato wave."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,005
    PJNB said:
    Hawk123 said:
    vedpunk said:

Are you really for different opinions though cause it kind of feels like you are not…

Absolutely, but when it’s non stop beating a dead horse to go against any positive opinion, it starts to feel like attention seeking. Remember, this is just my opinion which is allowed, right? 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,238
    Differing opinions welcome

but I do keep thinking bout No Code

how many shit on it, now it’s greatest thing ever. 

I bought a new surround sound today for my basement, w/ Dolby Atmos… streaming No Code Dolby Atmos from iTunes, while watching ncaa

holy fuck it’s glorious 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,144
    edited March 24
    Spunkie said:
    deb1211 said:

You're so much fun Dgirl 😁
    Aww you too! I just listened to this 4 times straight while staring at the lyrics and still sounds like potato so I'm going with it..make me fries 🍟 I may need to make a potato bracelet
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,090
    edited March 24
    After several listens now I think I love this song. I do agree with some about the “overproduced” sound but that’s a personal taste thing. I like a more raw sound but I have high hopes for this album after the first two singles. 

Also, it’s definitely a song you need to listen to not through just a phone. Sounded really good on my system from the YouTube version. 
    Post edited by Abe Froman on