I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    Tickets not on sale yet
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited March 16
    I'm guessing it will probably be like the Gigaton visualizer? Or maybe sort of a doc/making of with performances of the songs?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    This could be similar to what Metallica did last year with their new album in movie theaters. Music videos and a short introduction by band members for every song.
  • Options
    We know what will be in the 10th newsletter 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    It comes up on Regal Cinemas website if you search Dark Matter.  Not able to buy tickets yet though.  It would be nice to be
    able to stream this from home.
  • Options
    edited March 16
    mvw said:
    It comes up on Regal Cinemas website if you search Dark Matter.  Not able to buy tickets yet though.  It would be nice to be
    able to stream this from home.
    Yea. One only day so far
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Excellent!
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,390
    Let's hope there's a UK screening of whatever this is! 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    I checked and the closest Regal Theater is 3 hours away from us. 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,139
    The Gigaton movie was going to play at AMC. I had tickets. I bet someone just jumped the gun early and let that become visible at Regal.

Hopefully it will be multiple theaters.
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 358
    ill be the bubble burster here - if this is just the album played in Atmos to visualizers, that's pretty lame.

If, on the other hand, there is REAL content (interviews, behind the scenes, in depth discussions about making the album, etc) then I'm very interested.

Guess we will find out before too long.

• Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,039
    dwjmu84 said:
    ill be the bubble burster here - if this is just the album played in Atmos to visualizers, that's pretty lame.

If, on the other hand, there is REAL content (interviews, behind the scenes, in depth discussions about making the album, etc) then I'm very interested.

Guess we will find out before too long.

I had a similar thought because I bought the 2 disc set with the blu-ray and it will have that included most likely. The thing that gives me pause is the runtime.
    So, there has to be more than just the songs.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    BookishgirlBookishgirl US Posts: 2
    AMC's site says they will play Dark Matter twice. They will play it once in the dark and once with visualizers on April 16 only.
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 197
    AMC's site says they will play Dark Matter twice. They will play it once in the dark and once with visualizers on April 16 only.
    With a special, one night only global theatrical experience Pearl Jam fans will be among the very first to hear the band's new record Dark Matter on April 16 in select cinemas around the world with "Dark Matter in The Dark." Presented with the best cinematic technology, in Atmos where available, fans at the global cinema event will hear Dark Matter in its entirety twice, before it's available anywhere! First in a dark cinema with just the music playing and then a second time experiencing the record with added visuals on screen during playback. A musical experience set to be unlike any other record premiere event.

1 HR 20 Min NR
    APR 16, 2024
    SPECIAL EVENTS
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 580
    That sounds pretty great, I’m in!
  • Options
    njhaley1 said:
    With a special, one night only global theatrical experience Pearl Jam fans will be among the very first to hear the band's new record Dark Matter on April 16 in select cinemas around the world with "Dark Matter in The Dark." Presented with the best cinematic technology, in Atmos where available, fans at the global cinema event will hear Dark Matter in its entirety twice, before it's available anywhere! First in a dark cinema with just the music playing and then a second time experiencing the record with added visuals on screen during playback. A musical experience set to be unlike any other record premiere event.

1 HR 20 Min NR
    APR 16, 2024
    SPECIAL EVENTS
    Count me in! 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    That sounds pretty great, I’m in!

Oh me too!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Cat’s out of the bag. Yes we are. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I don’t get the blind devotion I guess. This is insanely lame. Why would I pay $25 (the going price of a movie ticket in my location) to hear the record sitting in a dark theater, and then once again immediately after with visualizers which will be available to me @ home 3 days later? If you have a movie about the record, then I’m all in. Otherwise, I don’t understand the venue…

Most of us will likely have the chance to hear this before the 16th anyway. But even if not, I’ll wake up on the 19th and find a space for my inaugural spin. 

But hey, if this is your thing, enjoy!
  • Options
    dwjmu84 said:
    I don’t get the blind devotion I guess. This is insanely lame. Why would I pay $25 (the going price of a movie ticket in my location) to hear the record sitting in a dark theater, and then once again immediately after with visualizers which will be available to me @ home 3 days later? If you have a movie about the record, then I’m all in. Otherwise, I don’t understand the venue…

Most of us will likely have the chance to hear this before the 16th anyway. But even if not, I’ll wake up on the 19th and find a space for my inaugural spin. 

I think the audio quality in a movie theatre with Dolby Atmos will impressive to hear as opposed to listening at home. 
  • Options
    The Rock said:
    dwjmu84 said:

I think the audio quality in a movie theatre with Dolby Atmos will impressive to hear as opposed to listening at home. 
    That could be. I’m no slouch audio wise though. I’ve discovered that a lot of PJ fans are listening (in general) via some pretty rudimentary setups and with Apple Music, which does not allow you to tweak EQ settings. I tried Apple and the tracks sound god awful compared to my custom EQ in Spotify and tidal. With the right settings and at least Spatial Audio through air pod pros, you can get a very decent listening experience. Of course the ceiling goes way higher for the true audiophile ….
  • Options
    dwjmu84 said:
    The Rock said:
    dwjmu84 said:

That could be. I’m no slouch audio wise though. I’ve discovered that a lot of PJ fans are listening (in general) via some pretty rudimentary setups and with Apple Music, which does not allow you to tweak EQ settings. I tried Apple and the tracks sound god awful compared to my custom EQ in Spotify and tidal. With the right settings and at least Spatial Audio through air pod pros, you can get a very decent listening experience. Of course the ceiling goes way higher for the true audiophile ….
    Oh for sure. 
    I've used Tidal in the past and enjoyed it. I'm currently using the HD Amazon Music tier and I have some pretty swanky headphones that cost a fortune and to my uneducated years the music sounds grand. 

I still get excited at the thought of the new album being blasted through a huge setup in a theater. 
  • Options
    The Rock said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    The Rock said:
    dwjmu84 said:

Oh for sure. 
    I've used Tidal in the past and enjoyed it. I'm currently using the HD Amazon Music tier and I have some pretty swanky headphones that cost a fortune and to my uneducated years the music sounds grand. 

I still get excited at the thought of the new album being blasted through a huge setup in a theater. 
    Enjoy it then! If it makes ya happy then it’s all good right? I think the first listen is such a coveted thing - we should all get to experience it however we like. 

Also, I’m really hoping we get some good content on HOW the record came together w Watt etc.
  • Options
    dwjmu84 said:
    The Rock said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    The Rock said:
    dwjmu84 said:

Oh for sure. 

Enjoy it then! If it makes ya happy then it’s all good right? I think the first listen is such a coveted thing - we should all get to experience it however we like. 

Also, I’m really hoping we get some good content on HOW the record came together w Watt etc.
    I'm torn between wanting to hear it in the cinema with surround sound or going out on release day and listening with my headphones on my own. 
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,629
    I think it would be fun to experience the first listen in a theater full of other fans cheering and reacting… definitely keeping my eye on locations for a screening.
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,548
    Which UK cinemas are picking this up??
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}