Options

Fan To Fan

Comments

• Options
    PhartNPhartN MD Posts: 265
    JimmyV said:
    It isn't just a tool for buyers. It is also a tool for sellers. TM is allegedly paying out after the sale and not waiting till after the show. Asking people to hold off on getting paid and run a risk their tickets won't sell at all might be asking a lot. 
    Do any of us really think that there is a chance that halfway decent tickets wont sell within 2 weeks of most of these shows?  Like seriously? 
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,548
    Are we sure it's bots? I got tickets. Can there be that many burner accounts?
    Where were the tickets that you bought? Yes there can, although the transfers aren't necessarily done through burner accounts 
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,226
    PhartN said:
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    PhartN said:
    Im saying, if we all here have tickets we want to offload, perhaps it makes sense to wait it out a little?  Instead, people are listing tickets and then acting surprised and getting mad that they got picked up by the bots and are being listed by resellers....cutting all of us out in the process :(
    And I'm saying what does it matter if they're listed today or in a month?  The bots are there regardless.
    There has been chatter than bots could slow closer to the show dates...not sure anyone can tell the future, but we can control what we do now.
    I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to risk getting stuck with extras or just wants to get the funds sooner 
    I dont either, i get it, just frustrated that this is where we are and hoping that we can all collectively take a step back in the name of 10C membership if possible and wait out the BS so that we can all help each other...thats all...everyone has their reasons and needs...but would be cool if folks could take a breath and sit tight for the benefit of those that dont have tix/wiffed on all the pre-sales (of all people, i thought youd agree with this, lol)
    I think the premise that the bots will just give up at some point is questionable. Unless there's a glut of prime seats just sitting at face value, why would they stop? And if that does happen, then the people who you asked to wait to help you out might get stuck. Are you going to reimburse them? As long as the demand is there, I don't see them stopping at least until very close to show day. Even then, I still think they'd be on the hunt for GAs to flip until the last minute. 
    Perhaps, but if the bots dont stop, then there would be no reason to think you would get stuck with tickets, so whats the harm in waiting a bit in the event it gets "better" for non-bots...some of us arent even in the building to flip!!! yet....also dont think the demand for any lower level or floor/ga seats will drop...
    Because we don't know one way or the other what will happen. From the seller's perspective, why take the chance? Granted, for MSG and Philly, the risk is low. Sacramento on a weekday? Different story 
    Id argue LV, Bmore, SEA are also fairly hot tickets too (from what we have seen), and would be hard to think you wouldnt be able to F2f those up to show day...Its certainly a chance, but not a huge one IMO, at least for the shows we are talking about, also considering we have month(s) till showtimes for ...anyway, just was thinking about it, thought worth a mention and discussion...

There are 20 pairs of f2f tickets available between the 2 LV shows available right now.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    HollywoodbwaHollywoodbwa Posts: 57
    SHZA said:
    Where were the tickets that you bought? Yes there can, although the transfers aren't necessarily done through burner accounts 
    226 B not great and not bad but no tickets anywhere last more than a few seconds. I'd rather be there than lowers on the end.
  • Options
    TA243471 said:
    PhartN said:
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    PhartN said:
    Im saying, if we all here have tickets we want to offload, perhaps it makes sense to wait it out a little?  Instead, people are listing tickets and then acting surprised and getting mad that they got picked up by the bots and are being listed by resellers....cutting all of us out in the process :(
    And I'm saying what does it matter if they're listed today or in a month?  The bots are there regardless.
    There has been chatter than bots could slow closer to the show dates...not sure anyone can tell the future, but we can control what we do now.
    I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to risk getting stuck with extras or just wants to get the funds sooner 
    I dont either, i get it, just frustrated that this is where we are and hoping that we can all collectively take a step back in the name of 10C membership if possible and wait out the BS so that we can all help each other...thats all...everyone has their reasons and needs...but would be cool if folks could take a breath and sit tight for the benefit of those that dont have tix/wiffed on all the pre-sales (of all people, i thought youd agree with this, lol)
    I think the premise that the bots will just give up at some point is questionable. Unless there's a glut of prime seats just sitting at face value, why would they stop? And if that does happen, then the people who you asked to wait to help you out might get stuck. Are you going to reimburse them? As long as the demand is there, I don't see them stopping at least until very close to show day. Even then, I still think they'd be on the hunt for GAs to flip until the last minute. 
    Perhaps, but if the bots dont stop, then there would be no reason to think you would get stuck with tickets, so whats the harm in waiting a bit in the event it gets "better" for non-bots...some of us arent even in the building to flip!!! yet....also dont think the demand for any lower level or floor/ga seats will drop...
    Because we don't know one way or the other what will happen. From the seller's perspective, why take the chance? Granted, for MSG and Philly, the risk is low. Sacramento on a weekday? Different story 
    Id argue LV, Bmore, SEA are also fairly hot tickets too (from what we have seen), and would be hard to think you wouldnt be able to F2f those up to show day...Its certainly a chance, but not a huge one IMO, at least for the shows we are talking about, also considering we have month(s) till showtimes for ...anyway, just was thinking about it, thought worth a mention and discussion...

There are 20 pairs of f2f tickets available between the 2 LV shows available right now.
    Every single one upper level...
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,688

But nothing in the lower bowl is listed under 500$, they’re all PJ Premium resales.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    PhartN said:
    JimmyV said:
    It isn't just a tool for buyers. It is also a tool for sellers. TM is allegedly paying out after the sale and not waiting till after the show. Asking people to hold off on getting paid and run a risk their tickets won't sell at all might be asking a lot. 
    Do any of us really think that there is a chance that halfway decent tickets wont sell within 2 weeks of most of these shows?  Like seriously? 
    California 2022. Week before the tour you could have planned a trip and had your choice of pairs to every show on the floor or in the lower bowl. 

Chicago 2023. 

I'm sure there are other examples. Plenty of people have eaten tickets that didn't sell. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I have to believe that deep down in all of our hardened cold Gen-Z hearts, we all agree with the sentiment of what Im saying....and if not, sorry i brought it up, ill just go back to the impossible task of trying to beat the bots and miss out on tickets that folks are dropping...good luck out there!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Also important to remember. We have seen F2F turn on and off at TM's will these last few years. Just because the window to sell is open today does not mean it will be when you go to sell. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    PhartN said:
    JimmyV said:
    California 2022. Week before the tour you could have planned a trip and had your choice of pairs to every show on the floor or in the lower bowl. 

Chicago 2023. 

I'm sure there are other examples. Plenty of people have eaten tickets that didn't sell. 
    But....its 2024...and there are shows that have no tickets available and bots are beating fans in F2F right now...apples and oranges...i digress...agree to disagree i guess....
  • Options
    Meaning that anyone that wants to see the show in Vegas can do it right now. People holding on to really good tickets will still be able to count on theirs selling, but not much incentive to take a chance on having to eat tickets, especially 4 or 5 weeks out from the shows.
  • Options
    BigReddBigRedd Posts: 58
    If the scalpers were not automatically snatching up the lower pairs then we would def have seen some hanging around longer for these shows at this point. Its making the shows seem more in demand than they really are. At lot of the fan to fan vets would have had multiple wins so far and they would be looking to upgrade leaving the further back seats to the others to have at. 
  • Options
    HouryoHouryo San Diego Posts: 53
    Yes you can get tickets, but there has been little to no shared success for the best seats in the house.
  • Options
    BigRedd said:
    If the scalpers were not automatically snatching up the lower pairs then we would def have seen some hanging around longer for these shows at this point. Its making the shows seem more in demand than they really are. At lot of the fan to fan vets would have had multiple wins so far and they would be looking to upgrade leaving the further back seats to the others to have at. 
    I think you are agreeing with my line of thinking, just a little differently? lol...
  • Options
    LS164963LS164963 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 154
    Except for maybe Seattle the rest of west coast shows will see a lot of action a week or so before the actual show date. We just need to be patient and wait it out and stay off those premium tickets if they sit there untouched a few days before the show they will come down in price (likely face value). Last tour St Paul had a ton of tickets really close to the stage that became available a few days before the show. There's also lots of us with spares hoping to trade for other shows we want, if we can't find trades these spares will be available later. I know it's hard planning travel without tickets but patience is key. It will all work out in the end.
  • Options
    BigReddBigRedd Posts: 58
    PhartN said:
    BigRedd said:
    I think you are agreeing with my line of thinking, just a little differently? lol...
    I think it is smart to get rid of tickets right now to make sure you get paid for some cities and shows.

If you want to be a nice fan and time something really good late at night with another fan then that would obviously better your odds or at least it did. 

I have yet to see someone that is good at fan to fan do a timed drop with a good ticket. Until that happens and they swing and miss I am not certain it is automated just yet. 
  • Options
    TA243471 said:
    PhartN said:
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    PhartN said:

I check many times daily, but am being a bit of a ticket snob. If we do end up going to Vegas, I want lowers or front row uppers near the stage. I saw a handful of F2F lowers sell on day 1, almost pulled the trigger on a pair, but we are still not 100% certain if we will go.

I also check for Philly, would like to upgrade our seats as they are back of floor and I'm barely 5'2". But, there's plenty of time to do so. I did try to snag a pair of GAs for N2 on the day F2F opened, but wasn't fast enough.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    BigRedd said:
    PhartN said:
    BigRedd said:
    I think it is smart to get rid of tickets right now to make sure you get paid for some cities and shows.

If you want to be a nice fan and time something really good late at night with another fan then that would obviously better your odds or at least it did. 

I have yet to see someone that is good at fan to fan do a timed drop with a good ticket. Until that happens and they swing and miss I am not certain it is automated just yet. 
    There was a timed drop for some OK tix in bmore the other night that got sniped...plenty of other examples with some convincing evidence of other misses that ended up on reseller sites...

also "some cities and shows", agree, im talking about those shows we all know are hot AF.

Did you win a F2F timed drop?
  • Options
    TA243471 said:
    PhartN said:
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    PhartN said:

I check many times daily, but am being a bit of a ticket snob. If we do end up going to Vegas, I want lowers or front row uppers near the stage. I saw a handful of F2F lowers sell on day 1, almost pulled the trigger on a pair, but we are still not 100% certain if we will go.

I also check for Philly, would like to upgrade our seats as they are back of floor and I'm barely 5'2". But, there's plenty of time to do so. I did try to snag a pair of GAs for N2 on the day F2F opened, but wasn't fast enough.

Right.  Seems like there is no reason not to be picky.  It seems like if you really want to go, there will always be an option, for Vegas at least.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,409
    I told a friend of mine who was at the back of the floor to sell his n2 Vancouver a few days back.  He was just able nab row 19 side stage.  I think that's a pretty solid upgrade.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I told a friend of mine who was at the back of the floor to sell his n2 Vancouver a few days back.  He was just able nab row 19 side stage.  I think that's a pretty solid upgrade.
    Absolutely. I hate back of floor. Husband won these, he let his number lapse twice in the past 20 years. He won tix that I was getting back in 2006 with my 308xxx number. I always prefer side stage or even behind the stage to back of floor.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    edited April 5
    Zod said:
    Absolutely. I hate back of floor. Husband won these, he let his number lapse twice in the past 20 years. He won tix that I was getting back in 2006 with my 308xxx number. I always prefer side stage or even behind the stage to back of floor.
    Yah, I'm a bit mixed on my own tickets.  Row 4 behind the pit, and row 1 behind the pit. Row 1 would be interested to try out, but I think it's like being row 15 on a seated floor.   Which means Row 4 is closer to row 20.. which is around where I prefer to be side stage.   If I saw some amazing size stage or GA tickets pop for n1, I could see my self upgrading.  The N2's in row 1, I think I need to try those out and see what it's like.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,048
    I had row 1 behind the pit at one of the austin shows last year.  I’m not tall (5’8”) and I liked it a lot.  There’s a bit of a gap between the GA and reserved and you have a rail to lean on so row two isn’t exactly breathing down your neck.  It proved to have reallly great sight lines and super comfortable.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Yah, I'm a bit mixed on my own tickets.  Right 4 behind the pit, and row 1 behind the pit. Row 1 would be interested to try out, but I think it's like being row 15 on a seated floor.   Which means Row 4 is closer to row 20.. which is around where I prefer to be side stage.   If I saw some amazing size stage or GA tickets pop for n1, I could see my self upgrading.  The N2's in row 1, I think I need to try those out and see what it's like.
    Row 1 will be great. With the walkway between the back of the pit and rail in front of seats, sight lines are much better. If you're tall, row 4 might be ok - it would still be terrible for me as I'm always lucky to get someone 6' tall right in front of me.

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,653
    I had those row 1 tix for 3 of my 4 shows last year.  It's like being in the back of the pit but you don't have to worry about people pushing you out of your spot.

This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    edited April 5
    That's good news. I didn't realize there was a gap between GA and row 1.   I was afraid we'd be looking at the back of heads of the people that lean against the rail at the back of the pit.   I am 6'2 though, so the people behind me will struggle :)  My wife barely gets to see stuff at concerts, but I often get decent views :)
  • Options
    Man.of.Golden.WordsMan.of.Golden.Words Toronto, ON Posts: 131
    edited April 5
    I was FINALLY able to snag my missing link - Seattle N2 tickets. Trash seats, but all 3 of us will be able to sit together the second night & no longer need to stress - F2F is much more fun when you're upgrading, opposed to the anxiety of just trying to get in the building.

Upgrading from our 10C Vancouver tickets was very easy, done the first day. Seattle is something else. Was able to cart pairs about 20 times & only successfully checked out 1 time w/o the "U"-errors. However, 2 for 2 on singles & 1 for 1 on a set of 3 tickets.

Happy to but the phone away & just enjoy Wrestlemania this weekend :)

Will post here when I'm ready to get rid of our extra Seattle tix (lower pair N1, lower single N2)
    Post edited by Man.of.Golden.Words on
    Toronto 2003, Hamilton 2005, Toronto 2005, Toronto 1&2 2006, Toronto 2009, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010, Toronto 1&2 2011, Hamilton 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014, Milwaukee 2014, New York City 2015, New York City 1&2 2016, Quebec City 2016, Ottawa 2016, Toronto 1&2 2016, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Madrid 2018, Chicago 1&2 2018, Los Angeles 1&2 2022, Quebec City 2022, Ottawa 2022, Hamilton 2022, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    I was FINALLY able to snag my missing link - Seattle N2 tickets. Trash seats, but all 3 of us will be able to sit together the second night & no longer need to stress - F2F is much more fun when you're upgrading, opposed to the anxiety of just trying to get in the building.

Upgrading from our 10C Vancouver tickets was very easy, done the first day. Seattle is something else. Was able to cart pairs about 20 times & only successfully checked out 1 time w/o the "U"-errors. However, 2 for 2 on singles & 1 for 1 on a set of 3 tickets.

Happy to but the phone away & just enjoy Wrestlemania this weekend :)

Will post here when I'm ready to get rid of our extra Seattle tix (lower pair N1, lower single N2)
    Interested in N1 when you are ready to sell. 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,295
    Zod said:
    That's good news. I didn't realize there was a gap between GA and row 1.   I was afraid we'd be looking at the back of heads of the people that lean against the rail at the back of the pit.   I am 6'2 though, so the people behind me will struggle :)  My wife barely gets to see stuff at concerts, but I often get decent views :)
    Some shows I see the people at the back of the pit claiming that rail, and others I see the row 1 people claiming it.
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,249
    Zod said:
    Some shows I see the people at the back of the pit claiming that rail, and others I see the row 1 people claiming it.
    In Aus there was rail. which row 1 claimed... then there was barricades a few feet forward of that. In that few feet is where security people were placed to keep people from jumping the wall. ~