Fan To Fan

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    boyaxl said:
    Most if not all the f2f will be going to resellers this year.  Pearl Jam does a terrible job taking care of their fans with this system and they need to move on.  Useless waste of everyone's time
    They don’t give a shit though. They already got theirs 
  • smaksmak Posts: 232
    boyaxl said:
    Most if not all the f2f will be going to resellers this year.  Pearl Jam does a terrible job taking care of their fans with this system and they need to move on.  Useless waste of everyone's time
    How?
  • boyaxlboyaxl Posts: 46
    PJNB said:
    boyaxl said:
    They don’t give a shit though. They already got theirs 
    They definitely do not give a shit.  I go to concerts for tons of bands some more and some less popular than Pearl Jam yet all of their ticketing processes are WAY easier and pragmatic.  PJ needs to get with reality and stop wasting their fans time and living under the illusion they are fighting the greater good...they aren't. 
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,475
    I lost one of the vegas n1 pairs due to my damn credit card 
    edited April 4
    smak said:
    boyaxl said:
    How?
    Bots and resellers now have the ability to sell non-transferable tix.  Just check Pearl Jam on Vivid seats tells you all you need to know
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    boyaxl said:
    smak said:
    boyaxl said:
    How?
    Bots and resellers now have the ability to sell non-transferable tix.  Just check Pearl Jam on Vivid seats tell you all you need to know
    They did last year too but fans still got their fair share. This seems different. Like no one on the board has mentioned scoring anything really good yet 
    SHZA said:
    boyaxl said:
    smak said:
    boyaxl said:
    How?
    Bots and resellers now have the ability to sell non-transferable tix.  Just check Pearl Jam on Vivid seats tell you all you need to know
    They did last year too but fans still got their fair share. This seems different. Like no one on the board has mentioned scoring anything really good yet 
    Last year was smaller markets.  Dallas, Minnesota etc.  Less of a big deal.   
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    boyaxl said:
    SHZA said:
    boyaxl said:
    smak said:
    boyaxl said:
    How?
    Chicago is definitely a small market ;)
    boyaxl said:
    SHZA said:
    boyaxl said:
    smak said:
    boyaxl said:
    How?
    Chicago is definitely a small market ;)

I meant majority.   Give me a break.  Plus at least Illinois forces the transfer issue like NY.  The more restrictions simply create a false demand for resale.  
    boyaxl said:
    SHZA said:
    boyaxl said:
    smak said:
    boyaxl said:
    How?
    So basically you're speculating that bots and resellers are trying harder this year because there are bigger markets. Got it 
    SHZA said:
    boyaxl said:
    SHZA said:
    boyaxl said:
    smak said:
    boyaxl said:
    How?
    So basically you're speculating that bots and resellers are trying harder this year because there are bigger markets. Got it 
    Indy was a huge market last year for mark up. Plenty of people won tickets there. 

It is still early but having not many people bragging at all about good wins is at least very interesting. 
  • hairgrowth2001hairgrowth2001 Posts: 407
    I upgraded my Indy pair 3 times last year. I struck out about 15 times though. It’s a fun game.
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    boyaxl said:
    SHZA said:
    boyaxl said:
    smak said:
    boyaxl said:
    How?
    Sean is right, there was ZERO demand after the main sale, uppers and premiums sat... now you can see in LV and LA no on is touching the 200s, only the 100s and floor and no matter where in the 100s they are gone in seconds... Only way that would happen is BOTs.  Also might be more tin foil hat than we think, could TM be driving these TO resellers to push fans to "cheaper" premiums. Let the secondary market try to sell them for 4x while TM sells the premium for 3X.. Plus you have think all the upgrades costs TM money. I had over 20 wins for 3 shows last year and some here had many more. If we cant get em it helps TM. 
    I have had so many failures after the pay button in 2 days..it's crazy
  • TG1227TG1227 Posts: 39
    PJNB said:
    It is still early but having not many people bragging at all about good wins is at least very interesting. 
    I got a single and a pair on the floor for Philly N1 yesterday after getting shut out during the 10C and verified fan sales. So I’m sure there are others that have lucked out and not posted. 
    URthekey said:
    I had this 7L’s for Vegas all the way to check out then lost them due to MasterCard needing to send me a verification code.
    Im going w/PayPal next time.
    Paypal has asked me for a code too..and they didn't last year. 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,446
    SHZA said:
    boyaxl said:
    smak said:
    boyaxl said:
    How?
    Yeah at least so far (albeit it’s only been just over a day), something seems a little off. There have been a handful of GAs but no one here has reported scoring one. It could be the scalpers/bots. It also could be that since F2F just opened, there’s a higher volume of people than usual sitting on TM refreshing the page all day. I guess we’ll see in the coming weeks. 
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,548
    Just missed a great pair for Seattle 2
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,704
    What I think is different from last year is that there are just not as many tickets dropping. If you remember from last year, there were tons of posts each day saying that this or that ticket was up. I'm not seeing that so far. It could be that a lot of people on the coasts couldn't make the trip to the few cities they were playing at last year, but now there are a lot of shows closer to people's homes so they are holding on to their tickets. Also, maybe people can't find this thread to brag in since they moved it here :)
    Fuck I got U521 on the Seattle N2 Club 13 drop 

Went back a tried again and my CC asked for a code for the first time ever. Fuck this shit. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,760
    If people aren’t checking here they might not know it’s an option to list yet. It’s not like we got an email or anything. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    ComeToTX said:
    If people aren’t checking here they might not know it’s an option to list yet. It’s not like we got an email or anything. 
    This is a good point. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited April 4
    GlowGirl said:
    What I think is different from last year is that there are just not as many tickets dropping. If you remember from last year, there were tons of posts each day saying that this or that ticket was up. I'm not seeing that so far. It could be that a lot of people on the coasts couldn't make the trip to the few cities they were playing at last year, but now there are a lot of shows closer to people's homes so they are holding on to their tickets. Also, maybe people can't find this thread to brag in since they moved it here :)
    Also there were a lot of bad 10c tickets that people wanted to get rid of last year as soon as F2F opened. All those 300 levels for Chicago for instance. This year I haven't heard as many complaints about getting nosebleeds in the lottery. It's been more about striking out entirely 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,704
    SHZA said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Also there were a lot of bad 10c tickets that people wanted to get rid of last year as soon as F2F opened. All those 300 levels for Chicago for instance. This year I haven't heard as many complaints about getting nosebleeds in the lottery. It's been more about striking out entirely 
    True. I just remember getting a really good lower level upgrade for FW1 the first day of F2F.

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    JimmyV said:
    ComeToTX said:
    This is a good point. 
    You would think TM takes enough fees that they can actually provide a worthy experience.  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    Just missed a Baltimore pair. ☹️
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    JimmyV said:
    ComeToTX said:
    This is a good point. 
    You would think TM takes enough fees that they can actually provide a worthy experience.  
    Yep. A countdown clock once they are in your cart really isn't too much to ask. The race to checkout is bullshit. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    TG1227 said:
    PJNB said:
    I got a single and a pair on the floor for Philly N1 yesterday after getting shut out during the 10C and verified fan sales. So I’m sure there are others that have lucked out and not posted. 
    I was able to get a SEA N2 and a buddy got a SEA N1 yesterday. 

I just think that this tour is much more publicized with the new album and all, so many of us here just F5ing and the fact that the new game on TM is just getting tickets etc...they are going fast now, I bet it slows over the next couple of weeks, then we see more drops etc.
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
    Jenfarr said:
    Just missed a Baltimore pair. ☹️