• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    Who are we? Who we are
  • Options
    Trampled moss on your soul
  • Options
    It's getting close to April, which means May comes next, and then it's time for some live Pearl Jam :)
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,041
    Hope they play it for you guys in Vancouver! 

My wife heard it for the first time in TX last year and said it was awesome. I would love to catch it at least once someday. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,195
    edited March 27
    PJNB said:
    Hope they play it for you guys in Vancouver! 

My wife heard it for the first time in TX last year and said it was awesome. I would love to catch it at least once someday. 
    It was great hearing it in Austin last year. I hadn't heard it since Randall's Island 1996.

• Options
    Kicking myself on that one.  One of my best friends lives in Houston, and I was thinking of going to visit, then we could road trip to austin from there... had I known.. lol.  Went to Haida Gwaii instead which is an amazing place :)
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,328
    It’s been 16 years since I last heard it. I heard it twice on the ‘08 tour when who you are (and WMA as well) had a short-lived revival: Camden N1 and MSG N2. Would love to hear it again in Vancouver!
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    It’s been 16 years since I last heard it. I heard it twice on the ‘08 tour when who you are (and WMA as well) had a short-lived revival: Camden N1 and MSG N2. Would love to hear it again in Vancouver!

I wish I'd gotten to see some shows on the '08 tour, sounds amazing.
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 651
    Zod said:
    Kicking myself on that one.  One of my best friends lives in Houston, and I was thinking of going to visit, then we could road trip to austin from there... had I known.. lol.  Went to Haida Gwaii instead which is an amazing place :)
    We would love to visit there soon……Haida Gwaii that is!
  • Options
    DJ253147 said:
    Zod said:
    We would love to visit there soon……Haida Gwaii that is!
    It's an amazing place.  It reminded me a bit of where I live (Vancouver Island) except there's so few people on it.   It's like it exists a bit outside of the regular world.  There's not many people there.  The few hotels there are, are really old, and independently run.  There's no corporate much of anything there.   Lots of nature and a few cool little towns.    I suppose being far away from civilization has it's perks.  We spent a few days driving from Vancouver to Prince Rupert to get the ferry, and then it's a fairly long ferry :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,742
    Hope you get it. Wish the Vancouver shows were close to the Seattle dates. Would of done all 4 gigs.

That Vancouver 2013 show was AMAZING! We had such a wonderful time. 
  • Options
    Yah, it's very odd that Vancouver and Seattle bookend the leg of tour, instead of back to back like they usually are.  It made it logistically challenging to take time off work at two separate times and pay for travel off Vancouver Island twice.  I suppose the upside is Vancouver gets two shows, which is a 1st, so I get to see two shows without having to leave my province :)
  • Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Great White North Posts: 290
    demetrios said:

That was one of the best birthdays of my life, that show. I remember thinking during the first encore, "this thing is going past midnight". lol
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    demetrios said:

That was one of the best birthdays of my life, that show. I remember thinking during the first encore, "this thing is going past midnight". lol
    I remember that.  I remember thinking because it had an opener it would be shorter, but nope.. well over 3 hours.  I've always been curious to how much they got fined for playing that late :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,742
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:

I remember that.  I remember thinking because it had an opener it would be shorter, but nope.. well over 3 hours.  I've always been curious to how much they got fined for playing that late :)

I wondered that too. Mudhoney kick assed that night. That was the longest Pearl Jam Canadian show to date. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:

I wondered that too. Mudhoney kick assed that night. That was the longest Pearl Jam Canadian show to date. 

I think the latest I'd seen a show go before that in Vancouver was when PJ played the old coliseum in 2011, they played until 11:30 and I thought that was religious. All the big concerts I've seen in Vancouver wrap up within 10 minutes of 11am.   I once saw GM Place panic because Axl rose was showing up late and call off the show.  

It's by far the lastest I've seen a non-bar concert go in Vancouver.   Similar for Seattle, those 2000 shows went super late.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,841
    If they play this, Zod, I would say you've got a part [in it being played].
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    pjcampjcam Posts: 59
    Play Who You Are in Vancouver!!! 
  • Options
    pjcam said:
    Play Who You Are in Vancouver!!! 

Yes please.
  • Options
    Changes all you're a part
  • Options
    almost April, bump.
  • Options
    April 1st, woo! Shows are next month :)
  • Options
    Seen it all, not at all
  • Options
    nearly got GA twice today bump! :)
  • Options
    Almost a month until the first vancouver show!
  • Options
    pjcampjcam Posts: 59
    One month!!!! Waiting, watching the clock 
  • Options
    pjcam said:
    One month!!!! Waiting, watching the clock 

It's coming up quick.  Woo!!