Options

Please play Who You Are in Vancouver

245

Comments

  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Zod said:
    DJ253147 said:
    juliefer said:
    No Code is one of my favourite albums and I am still missing 3 songs, including Who You Are. I vote they just play the whole thing! 
    I'm down for No Code right after they do Yield. It's going to be a very long night. Sorry 2 long nights!!😊
    As much fun as it would be to do that again, I played this game in 2014. I vote for Riot Act..... =)
    I'm not sure they can pull off full album shows, when they're already dedicating a bunch of songs to the new album, and play shorter sets than 2013 to 2016.

    That being said, Who You Are is only one song, hopefully they can squeeze it in :)
    They should open with it on night 1 in Van.  :o
    That would be cool and blow your mind all in one.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.


    Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Zod said:
    DJ253147 said:
    juliefer said:
    No Code is one of my favourite albums and I am still missing 3 songs, including Who You Are. I vote they just play the whole thing! 
    I'm down for No Code right after they do Yield. It's going to be a very long night. Sorry 2 long nights!!😊
    As much fun as it would be to do that again, I played this game in 2014. I vote for Riot Act..... =)
    I'm not sure they can pull off full album shows, when they're already dedicating a bunch of songs to the new album, and play shorter sets than 2013 to 2016.

    That being said, Who You Are is only one song, hopefully they can squeeze it in :)
    They should open with it on night 1 in Van.  :o
    That would be cool and blow your mind all in one.

    I agree, what would be amazing.  It would make a most excellent opener :)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Changes all you're a part
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 437
    edited March 1
    Zod said:
    I've loved this song since it was the lead single for No Code.  I've never been lucky enough to get to hear it live.   It's always worth a shot to request it in the forum :)


    I will use my powers, which are considerable (to me, at least) to manifest this.

    It's currently #6 on my Top 10 PJ songs, and "No Code" was the record that, for me, changed PJ from a band that I really liked into something more.

    I've only gotten it twice in 35 shows - Randall's Island 1 in 1996, and PJ20 1 in 2011.

    Fingers crossed for you.
    Post edited by We All Believe on
    If not for love, I would be drowning.

    Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Zod said:
    I've loved this song since it was the lead single for No Code.  I've never been lucky enough to get to hear it live.   It's always worth a shot to request it in the forum :)


    I will use my powers, which are considerable (to me, at least) to manifest this.

    It's currently #6 on my Top 10 PJ songs, and "No Code" was the record that, for me, changed PJ from a band that I really liked into something more.

    I've only gotten it twice in 35 shows - Randall's Island 1 in 1996, and PJ20 1 in 2011.

    Fingers crossed for you.
    Thank you, I appreciate the assist :)
  • Options
    Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 248
    I vote for N1 as I have pit tickets for N2.  Not one of my favs.  Would much rather hear Off He Goes as my No Code song.  
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

    Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Portland 5-10-24

    EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    I'd be ok with night 1. I hope you get off he goes, I've had the fortune of getting it live a number of times.
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 244
    I remember your thread from 2 years ago requesting it for Oakland.  Sorry you did not get it but without Matt those two nights there is no way they could have played it.   Who You Are is my all time favorite song.  If I could request one song and they would play it it would definitely be Who You Are.  I am planning on going to the two shows in LA so I hope they play it there as well.  I should start a "Please play Who You Are in LA thread".  Hope you get it this time Zod in Vancouver.  Maybe in LA as well :).  
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 - LA I&II, Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore?
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Thanks, and yah, there's no way they could of played it without Matt in Oakland :(

    Pretty stoked about the upcoming shows.  First proper PJ shows w/ Matt since Seattle '18 :)
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,187
    Zod said:
    I'd be ok with night 1. I hope you get off he goes, I've had the fortune of getting it live a number of times.
    Off he goes is one of my all-time favorites as well. I was extremely fortunate to get to hear it while I was on the rail in St. Paul last year. I would love to hear who you are this year- haven’t heard it in a long, long time (since ‘08 I believe). Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    steven87 said:
    Zod said:
    I'd be ok with night 1. I hope you get off he goes, I've had the fortune of getting it live a number of times.
    Off he goes is one of my all-time favorites as well. I was extremely fortunate to get to hear it while I was on the rail in St. Paul last year. I would love to hear who you are this year- haven’t heard it in a long, long time (since ‘08 I believe). Fingers crossed!

    I love off he goes as well.. feels like it's been a bit since I got than one.  I suppose it's the problem of having 12 albums, a double b-sides collection, and even more tracks.   Hard to contain that level of awesome in 2.5 hours.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Seen it all, not at all
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,187
    Zod said:
    steven87 said:
    Zod said:
    I'd be ok with night 1. I hope you get off he goes, I've had the fortune of getting it live a number of times.
    Off he goes is one of my all-time favorites as well. I was extremely fortunate to get to hear it while I was on the rail in St. Paul last year. I would love to hear who you are this year- haven’t heard it in a long, long time (since ‘08 I believe). Fingers crossed!

    I love off he goes as well.. feels like it's been a bit since I got than one.  I suppose it's the problem of having 12 albums, a double b-sides collection, and even more tracks.   Hard to contain that level of awesome in 2.5 hours.
    It’s a good problem to have. They’ve just produced so many great songs over the years. And I will say that although I miss the days of 3+ hour, 30+ song shows, I thought the shows last year were great and I thought they did an excellent job with the setlist variety. Hope they keep it going this year!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Can't defend fucked up men
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Take me for a ride before we leave
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 776
    Circumstance, clapping hands/Avalanche, falling fast
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Off the track, in the mud
  • Options

    That song is such and interesting demarcation point in the popularity of the band – at least from my experience being in high school when it came out. All the fairweather pearl jam fans that I knew stopped listening to them at that point. Some of my friends didn’t even get past the first track because “Eddie didn’t sound like Eddie anymore”.  The hardcore fans, myself included, all enjoyed it as a “challenging” pearl jam record, but from that point on, every time I bought a new pj album the casual music fan always responded with “oh I didn’t realize they still made records”. It reminds me of when Ed O’Brien from Radiohead talked about how Amnesiac was really the record where the casual fans gave up on them.

    That being said, I hope you get it :)


    (2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City


  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    I absolutely agree.   It's where they went from mass popularity to a core fan base.  It was a divisive record.  It even took me a few years to fully understand and appreciate No Code.

    Loved the single immediately, I love the groove to it, such a good song :)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    That's the moss in the aforementioned verse
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,463
    Zod said:
    That's the moss in the aforementioned verse
    Gotta ❤️ that wit!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Just a little time before we leave
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Stoplight plays its part
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 696
    So I would say you’ve got a part 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    What's your part? Who you are
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    You are who, who you are
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    less than two months to go bump! :)
Sign In or Register to comment.