Options

Las Vegas Night 1 and 2 Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,437
    App worked great for me . Thanks again to whoever posted the tip.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 173
    Go Animal said:
    Any local here with experience in parking for the show tonight?  If I park at MGM, will I be waiting a long time to get out of the garage after the show?  I'm reading OYO is a good alternative spot, anyone park there and walk over?  Does security hassle you for not being a guest of the hotel?  I know TI started hassling people for parking on their lot if they're not guests.  Not trying to come out to a missing/towed car when I have work Friday morning. 
    Local here, I usually park at New york New York garage and walk around to get to the venue. Its a bit more trusting.    
    Thanks, I think I'll do that.  Coming from Summerlin, I won't have to cross LV BLVD, always a plus when I can avoid that.
    Is it free? Or like $12
    I think it's $18.  Not too many free places to park on the strip anymore, even for locals. My go-to us usually TI, but that's too far down the strip from the MGM. 
  • Options
    coerycoery Oklahoma Posts: 57
    Not sure how many it will apply to, but found out today that if you have a military ID and get the MGM rewards card, you get bumped up a tier that gives you free parking. 
  • Options
    ms. goldenwordsms. goldenwords Posts: 367
    How bad is the merch line today? 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,521
    Any local here with experience in parking for the show tonight?  If I park at MGM, will I be waiting a long time to get out of the garage after the show?  I'm reading OYO is a good alternative spot, anyone park there and walk over?  Does security hassle you for not being a guest of the hotel?  I know TI started hassling people for parking on their lot if they're not guests.  Not trying to come out to a missing/towed car when I have work Friday morning. 
    Local here, I usually park at New york New York garage and walk around to get to the venue. Its a bit more trusting.    
    A friend who has lived in Vegas for over 25 years recommended parking at Orleans and taking a Urber or bus to MGM.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,320
    Lizard said:
    Not sure if it was in this thread or elsewhere but thanks to whoever gave the tip about getting the MGM app to skip the check in line.  I’m not yet sure if this will work for me today but I’m definitely giving it a shot! 
    Used the app yesterday got all the way to my room and the digital key didn't work on my room door...had to go back to the lobby for physical key. 

Use the app to check in and then I would say still go to the lobby and ask for a physical key. Key line was non existent compared to check in line.
    Worked perfectly for me. Downloaded app about 30 min out.  No problems getting into room.  Off to merch line
    Glad to hear it because the walk sucked dragging the luggage! 
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    How bad is the merch line today? 
    Bad..I gave up after 10 min. In the sun after hearing its at least a 3 hour wait
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,180
    cutz said:
    A friend who has lived in Vegas for over 25 years recommended parking at Orleans and taking a Urber or bus to MGM.
    I’d probably rather just pay the money to hit a nearby garage tbh. We’re aiming for NYNY or the Park mgm since there’s no shows there tonight 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 670
    Does GA have to go to a particular gate and if so could someone please let me know which gate?  Thanks.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,521
    cutz said:
    I’d probably rather just pay the money to hit a nearby garage tbh. We’re aiming for NYNY or the Park mgm since there’s no shows there tonight 
    Also recommend those 2 places too if I want to pay.
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,454
    Well, GA line is a shitshow lol
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    BigReddBigRedd Posts: 58
    Go Animal said:
    I am here and it is absolute bullshit. The rail whores win again. Them and their security buddies always look out for their best interest. As long as they get to the front fuck everyone else. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,454
    BigRedd said:
    Go Animal said:
    I am here and it is absolute bullshit. The rail whores win again. Them and their security buddies always look out for their best interest. As long as they get to the front fuck everyone else. 
    Yep. We, the lesser fan.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    BigRedd said:
    Go Animal said:
    Yep. We, the lesser fan.

Remember the time in Amsterdam when they snuck in the backdoor with their Pearl Jam security friends and got the rail before all the lesser people were let in? That was awesome! 
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 879
    Go Animal said:
    BigRedd said:
    Go Animal said:
    Yep. We, the lesser fan.

I can KINDA sympathize with what you’re saying, as I mistakenly thought the venue and their security would enforce the rule they sent out in the email about “NO EARLIER” than 4pm.

The problem is the venue caved and ended up doing exactly what they said they wouldn’t do, handed out numbered wristbands this morning around 7am. That’s the venue making that decision, not the fans who lined up anyway offsite. 

This is the biggest shit show in terms of the GA process I’ve been to.  No numbers/wristbands turned into well ok yes numbers and wristbands. Then PJ security failed to actually enforce the numbered wristbands the venue handed out. You had mostly a free for all with people REFUSING to assemble in order according to the number on their wristband despite the venue and PJ security both telling them you have to get in order. 

The reality is you have a large group of 10c members and fans who don’t give a fuck about rules, order or each other. 

West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    edited May 17
    You underestimated the pull the front of the GA line has with 10C security and venue security for that matter. 

They all watch out for one another. They mostly all do shit sneaking people in or holding the rail for others coming in late. But if you ever did that with them losing a spot or pushed over one person more away from Ed they would freak the fuck out. They stay together in a pack to watch and help each other and if you are on the outside looking in even better for them. 

Pearl Jam needs to get rid of camping out for GA. We have adults sleeping on the sidewalk multiple nights so they can have their 5th night on the rail if the tour. Its pathetic. Its embarrassing.

Bring on the GA lotto. Its fucking time. 
  • Options
    edited May 17
    The “front of the line” has no pull with anyone. There’s like one European dude with a gray beard who consistently is at the very front of the line across multiple cities/tours and that’s it from what I’ve seen. There’s not some traveling group who is bullying other fans and coordinating with security. 
    And it’s Mike’s area people in GA rush to, not Eddie’s. 

As far as PJ stopping the camping out they really have no control over that and Eddie regularly praises the people who line up early, so that’s not gonna happen. I do agree tho that we could use a GA lotto. I have nothing against people lining up early sleeping on the sidewalk or whatever they want to do as long as they’re not fucking anyone over in the process but it’s been over 10 years now since GA started in North America so I’m all for switching things up. 
    Post edited by fugawzi on
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 810

Come tell us what you think about the set tonight and Saturday!!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    Contributor & Patron - liveon4legs.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10 | 2024: Vegas 5/16-&-18, Indy? Wrigley 2?

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    chuck nevittchuck nevitt Posts: 234
    Can't wait to walk into my reserved seat at 8:15 and look down about those GA railers. 

• Options
    Can't wait to walk into my reserved seat at 8:15 and look down about those GA railers. 

Good, more space for me right here next to the rail. Btw you can drink and gamble 24/7 in Vegas so we don’t need pics. 

• Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496

My exact plan for Saturday! May the odds be ever in your favor! 
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 511
    Wow Vegas N1 got an AMAZING setlist.  My favorite of the tour so far.  I'll be purchasing this bootleg for sure
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,180
    Ended up parking at the mgm and got out with no traffic at all. Got there around 5 and didn’t even have to pay the event rate, so it was essentially free 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    What a great show.  Although the acoustics were pretty poor I'm gonna be very eager to hear the bootleg.  Stellar opening with Sometimes into Hard to Imagine.  Quite a few double digit counting songs like Tremor Christ, Inside Job and very fun song live Breakerfall.  I counted 6 new songs before Yellow Ledbetter was done playing but came back to finish with number seven Setting Sun.  What a finisher untapping alot of energy still brewing in my body I wouldn't be surprised if this song gets moved up in future setlists.  I'm really liking this album and songs translated great live.  Only thing I really missed was something from Gigaton.  I really think this album isn't getting the love it deserves because of the lack of touring behind it.  But hopefully it gets it's recognition eventually in the future.  Anyway, still wired.  Hope for an even better set list for all the lucky ones going to Night two in Vegas.  
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    I ended up parking at Treasure Island for free.  Thanks for the tip. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,151
    N1 setlist is terrific.

Going N2 and the songs I had on my wishlist that I now know won’t be played:

tremor christ
    hail hail

And the ones not likely to be played that I was looking forward to:

upper hand 
    waiting for stevie
    corduroy (not sure when or why or how but it has morphed into the 1 song I want to hear at every concert)!

Hoping N2 has an equally amazing setlist. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    anybody have any detail on the "Bad" intro to Corduroy? Was it the U2 song? Did EV say anything to introduce it? How long was it?
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 292
    N1 setlist is terrific.

tremor christ
    hail hail

upper hand 
    waiting for stevie
    corduroy (not sure when or why or how but it has morphed into the 1 song I want to hear at every concert)!

Going to be hard to top that, but I'm sure they'll try. 

Black Diamond is on my short list 🤞🤞
  • Options
    dunewalldunewall Posts: 72
    N1 setlist is terrific.

tremor christ
    hail hail

upper hand 
    waiting for stevie

When are you heading out?  We may be on the same plane out of Cincy

Cleveland 03'
    Cincinnati 03' (Flooded)
    Cincinnati 06'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Chicago N2 23'
    Indy 23' (Cancelled)
    Vegas N2 24'
    dunewall said:
    N1 setlist is terrific.

tremor christ
    hail hail

upper hand 
    waiting for stevie

When are you heading out?  We may be on the same plane out of Cincy
    Ended up booking direct out of Indy.  I love direct flights.  Safe Travels and enjoy the show!  If you are a bearcat, I'll buy you a drink ;)
    hippiemom = goodness