Options

Vancouver N1 and N2 - Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    jjflash said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Not too shabby! :rock_on:

Same neighborhood! I’m in a Green Bay Packers PJ20 hat, row 4. Say hello :peace:
    Aw shoot, I didn't catch this!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 321
    Looks like I have an extra Vancouver night 2 ticket available. Reserved floor, row 19. I can’t do TM f2f due to not having a Canada bank acct. DM me if interested. 
    PA
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 196
    edited May 5
    Solid show. First tour performance of most dark matter tracks. Some comedic moments when Ed forgets the lyrics, and forgets what song is next. Great Gord Downie tribute. Mike falls off the stage but finishes the show. And first look at the backdrop and stage. Rest up for night 2. 
  • Options
    BairdbonesBairdbones Posts: 5
    When is the bootleg available for shows? I remember in Aus it was ready after the show 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,955
    edited May 5
    Spunkie said:
    I give up I'm hitting GA solo my two buds are up in the stands
    Saw you got a pick - you end up finally getting GA?
    I had one for me, 2 days prior. wanted a friend to come. Ditched the friends instead and went to sing Setting Sun with them.
  • Options
    Andy DickAndy Dick Posts: 126
    Just listed 2 floor seats, row 4, center section. Should be up.in a minute 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,397
    Fun show.  After barely getting tonsee any gigaton at the shows I went too we got almost all of Dark Matter.  Nice!!

Hoping we get Waiting for Stevie tomorrow night.
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    That was an AMAZING show. What a way to start the tour. 

Which two members of the band do you think are running the marathon this morning?

Also, Alabama guy ( @jjflash ?) - Granville Island is where I was saying you should check out today. It's not actually an island, you can walk there from downtown or take the aquabus. Lots of food and shops and things to wander around. Great donuts at Lee's (but always a big lineup now because Seth Rogan featured it on a Netflix show awhile ago.)
  • Options
    edited May 5
    juliefer said:

Which two members of the band do you think are running the marathon this morning?

Also, Alabama guy ( @jjflash ?) - Granville Island is where I was saying you should check out today. It's not actually an island, you can walk there from downtown or take the aquabus. Lots of food and shops and things to wander around. Great donuts at Lee's (but always a big lineup now because Seth Rogan featured it on a Netflix show awhile ago.)
    Stone?
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    juliefer said:

My guess is Matt and Mike are running it
  • Options
    I was thinking Mike too, but also the whole band is so fit that it seems like it could be almost any of them.
  • Options
    I know! Ed looked great!
  • Options
    KsayetKsayet Posts: 69
    Anyone have a spare GA for tomorrow? I can pay or swap 118 row 1 .. that’s the best seat in the building.
    2018 - Rome
    2021 - Asbury, Ohana 1
    2022 - SD, LA1, LA2, Zurich, MSG, NJ, TN, KY, STL
    2023 - SP1,SP2,CHI1,CH2,FTW1,FTW2,AUS1,AUS2
    2024 - VAN1
  • Options
    We have a cat situation that is requiring my wife to have to drive back tomorrow (Sun). If anyone is going to Seattle on Tues and has room, I will pay for gas and meal stop along the way. Can also offer up an unopened 2018 Home Shows PJ sixpack still in original packaging.

Thanks!
    PA
  • Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Great White North Posts: 296
    edited May 5
    payling said:
    We have a cat situation that is requiring my wife to have to drive back tomorrow (Sun). If anyone is going to Seattle on Tues and has room, I will pay for gas and meal stop along the way. Can also offer up an unopened 2018 Home Shows PJ sixpack still in original packaging.

Thanks!
    If you are in a pinch come Tuesday there is a shuttle between Vancouver and Seattle. See if this will help you - https://quickcoach.com/

Cost is only $26
    Post edited by Original_Shifty on
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 608
    edited May 5
    Posting section 105 row 5 aisle seats right now. Great seats, but I had two and now a group of 6 of us are going together in side stage seats.
    Hopefully one of you can use the upgrade like I did. Monday's show obviously
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited May 5
    payling said:

Thanks!
    If you are in a pinch come Tuesday there is a shuttle between Vancouver and Seattle. See if this will help you - https://quickcoach.com/

Cost is only $26

There are also two daily Amtrak trains, for like $40 one way i think. Fun way to go, leaves from the downtown station right by Main Street skytrain (and Science World, the big silver ball).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,473
    Also greyhound bus.  Not as bad as it sounds.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    juliefer said:

Thanks, @juliefer Were we seat neighbors at the show last night?
  • Options
    Yes! 
  • Options
    payling said:

Thanks!

Cost is only $26
    Thanks
    PA
  • Options
    toblerussetoblerusse Posts: 111
    I have a pair to sell for N2 Vancouver.

Sec 117, row 10, seats 7,8

Will do the enter the building with you thing.
  • Options
    Dre77Dre77 Posts: 7
    Selling section 115 row 12 seats. Would love for them to go to fellow TC fan! DM if interested
  • Options
    Dre77Dre77 Posts: 7
    Sold!
  • Options
    JseeteenakJseeteenak Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada Posts: 92
    That night 2 shirt is something, unfortunately I was only able to do night 1. I'm on my way back to the far north, should be home tonight. It was great seeing some familiar faces outside the Rogers place. Hope to see some of you again later this summer, I'll be doing night 1 or Wrigley.  Im still not over Mike's solo during corduroy.

• Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 485
    ekwipt said:
    In case the weekend wasn’t packed enough for you another great Vancouver show just got announced for the Sunday in between the 2 PJ shows. One of the best Canadian bands of the last 30 years in my humble opinion, Limblifter plays a really unique venue called Green Auto in East Van. 
    Did anybody make it to the Limblifter show last night? I saw one N1 tour shirt in there. What a treat that was! It was like a house party with a band who is on the radio daily playing in the living room. Such a great little underground venue. Amazing that they played there. 
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 651
    DJ253147 said:
    Vancouver is a bucket list location for my wife and I, we’re really excited to be there.  Is there things outside of the city that are must see like hikes or something, or should we just focus our attention on in city things?
    Ekwipt has added an accurate overview of things above. Lots of great inexpensive dining options also.Depends of course how many days you are visiting for but one way to see a lot in hurry is a float plane scenic tour. The setting where they depart alone from is nothing short of spectacular. Coal Harbour, north shore mountains, Stanley Park(ringed by the Seawall 8ish km walk/bike) even  if you don't fly. We're local but still splurged for a flight for my wife's 50th. Check out Harbour Air and 20-35 minutes doesn't sound like a lot but you'll never forget the scenery just need a sunny day. Looks like about the price of a PJ ticket/person with several options.

I just cheated and bumped this one from Feb. 23 or so. In case you're  looking for something to do today besides the merch lineup.I feel like saying to sorry about the rain to those that have chosen to visit Vancouver for the shows. Trust me it beats the hell out of heat and wildfire smoke! If it's any consolation we really need the rain all over this province. Enjoy tonight's show!!
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 651
    edited May 6
    DJ253147 said:
    DJ253147 said:
    Vancouver is a bucket list location for my wife and I, we’re really excited to be there.  Is there things outside of the city that are must see like hikes or something, or should we just focus our attention on in city things?
    Ekwipt has added an accurate overview of things above. Lots of great inexpensive dining options also.Depends of course how many days you are visiting for but one way to see a lot in hurry is a float plane scenic tour. The setting where they depart alone from is nothing short of spectacular. Coal Harbour, north shore mountains, Stanley Park(ringed by the Seawall 8ish km walk/bike) even  if you don't fly. We're local but still splurged for a flight for my wife's 50th. Check out Harbour Air and 20-35 minutes doesn't sound like a lot but you'll never forget the scenery just need a sunny day. Looks like about the price of a PJ ticket/person with several options.

I just cheated and bumped this one from Feb. 23 or so. In case you're  looking for something to do today besides the merch lineup.I feel like saying to sorry about the rain to those that have chosen to visit Vancouver for the shows. Trust me it beats the hell out of heat and wildfire smoke! If it's any consolation we really need the rain all over this province. Enjoy tonight's show!!
    I kind of botched a bit of the above when I did the quote thing, Anyway Pacific Spirit Park, Spanish Banks, Wreck Beach, which are  all adjacent to the UBC Campus are all amazing if you've got any time left in your itinerary.
    Post edited by DJ253147 on
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 485
    Who else is still getting goosebumps from the Wash opener on Saturday? ✋ 
    Can’t stop rewatching it. 
  • Options
    ManOfTheHour75ManOfTheHour75 Posts: 339
    Wash to open and then Setting Sun to close it out was incredible. So many highlights but those two songs really stick out for me. 
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09