TEN CLUB WE NEED YOUR HELP

Hello there 10c team..
we neeed your help
im one of tons of member that we won tickets in 10c sale for Australia shows but we dont have tickets cos of cc decline the payment.
i did as u told us as many others did ,contact out bank to tell them that 

tInternational Fans

in order to avoid a payment decline, we recommend you contact your bank NOW and notify them of the following:

• A charge from a US-based company may be attempted between Feb 16 and Feb 21
  • Merchant descriptor will be "Ticketmaster*Pearl Jam"
  • Charge will be in currency local to the show
we did all this but ALL OF US got same answer that this CAN NOT HAPPEN..
declines are automatic from banks fraud department..
after the decline i contact bank to somehow allow it and i need the payment to go through,but answer was the same..cant happen decline is automastic,we cant do anything cant add a note that will be payment to a usa based company edtc..

i called all 3 banks before and after cos bank decline authorazition fhat one dollar/euro this cant happen that u told us above for international members
thats why i left in the request the cc that allowed the 1 euro confirmation and went through.
this happened to tons of fans as well that used AMEX cc...all was declined

now we are with out  tickets 

we need your help..

u need to short this out and give us the chance to  get tickets we won fair and square in the lottery 
we paid our membership,we won the lotto we should get the tickets
and need to happen NOW..cos todsay is the draw of europe tickets and WE WILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM..
need to fix it NOW by lets go to a link to put our card and try again in real time so we see how to charge the card or use different cards till all goes well
we deserve this chance,we won the lotto and did all you told us to do but was a fault info cos bank system dont work like u said and tons of other fans get same answer as i did from their cc bank
and im noty talking just for my self,i have already 30 pm from fans to help me with spares..ill be in the venue somehow.
but this is not only about me.its so many fans today feeling sad and let down for no reason or been their mistake
PLEASE HELP US COS TODAY SAME THING WILL HAPPEN TO EUROPE TICKETS 
Thanks
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Comments

• HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 532
    edited February 17
    As you said calling the bank ahead of time does nothing.  The banks use a computer algorithm that automatically flag’s charges based on their fraud protocols.  This is the nature of banking these days.  Under normal circumstances you would have 10-15 min to check out so if your fraud protection is triggered you can sort it out in real time.  We can’t do that when the charges are automated.  It’s not the people it’s the banks and their computer systems. That’s how banking works these days.

Easy answer to all of this.  Send an invoice to those who won with options to pay and a timeline.  Say 24-48 hours.  Problem solved.
    Post edited by Hoccapuk on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Hoccapuk said:
    As you said calling the bank ahead of time does nothing.  The banks use a computer algorithm that automatically flag’s charges based on their fraud protocols.  This is the nature of banking these days.  Under normal circumstances you would have 10-15 min to check out so if your fraud protection is triggered you can sort it out in real time.  We can’t do that when the charges are automated.  It’s not the people it’s the banks and their computer systems. That’s how banking works these days.

Easy answer to all of this.  Send an invoice to those who won with options to pay and a timeline.  Say 24-48 hours.  Problem solved.
     exactly
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 518
    edited February 17
    While reading the 10c statement in my email, I knew this would happen. You cannot whitelist payments beforehand. The fraud system is algorithm based and automated - for a good reason by the way. That's why I didn't even try to call my bank.

BUT the problem that happend with AMEX in Australia has nothing to with fraud. They simply declined AMEX as Ticketstoday doesn't accept AMEX but TM AUS does.

The system has gotten way too complicated to get this done right.
  • HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 532
    Again, send an invoice, problem solved.  Person doesn’t pay in the timeframe you move onto the next person.
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    Really anxious now. I’m in the U.K. and used Amex for my U.K. show applications as I do every time. It was down as an accepted form of payment on the lottery window and I’ve got a pending charge on my card.
  • It's an absolute joke. 
    There's no rectification for this now. For those who needed seated tickets and spent many, many years as 10C members to get the best seats they could... Well... I've lost that chance as they've already allocated them. 
    They've chosen venues in Australia that already are very very poor for disabled and seated guests, and now if I manage (or bother) to get tickets at all they'll be even worse. 
    To say I'm shattered is an understatement. 

• Hi, just for the record, and I don't know if this indicates it won't be a problem if I win tickets in the lottery, but I do currently have a 1.00 GBP charge from TicketsToday (and the subsequent 1.00GBP credit) pending on my American Express card. So the test transaction from TicketsToday did go through ok, although as per the comments about the fraud algorithms, I don't know whether AmEx might reject a larger transaction for tickets if I win them. However I searched my transaction history on my AmEx and confirmed that for the Chicago shows last year which I won through the lottery, I paid for them with my AmEx, so it may not be a general issue for people, it may be on a case by case basis or due to the total amount being attempted. 

Before submitting my registration, I too had a long chat with an agent at AmEx to see if I could get Ticketstoday added to the 'express list' for the card which bypasses their safekey payment authorisation process but as people say above, it's an automated system and I was told you can't do this necessarily for every merchant and that there was no other way to green light a transaction or merchant in advance unfortunately. 

Just out of interest if people are able to clarify for me, for those that know they won the Aus lottery but their card was declined, did you get an email confirming the win, or did you find out by checking the status of your requests in TM (and if so, where can you see this in your TM account)? Thanks
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624
    Hi, just for the record, and I don't know if this indicates it won't be a problem if I win tickets in the lottery, but I do currently have a 1.00 GBP charge from TicketsToday (and the subsequent 1.00GBP credit) pending on my American Express card. So the test transaction from TicketsToday did go through ok, although as per the comments about the fraud algorithms, I don't know whether AmEx might reject a larger transaction for tickets if I win them. However I searched my transaction history on my AmEx and confirmed that for the Chicago shows last year which I won through the lottery, I paid for them with my AmEx, so it may not be a general issue for people, it may be on a case by case basis or due to the total amount being attempted. 

Before submitting my registration, I too had a long chat with an agent at AmEx to see if I could get Ticketstoday added to the 'express list' for the card which bypasses their safekey payment authorisation process but as people say above, it's an automated system and I was told you can't do this necessarily for every merchant and that there was no other way to green light a transaction or merchant in advance unfortunately. 

Just out of interest if people are able to clarify for me, for those that know they won the Aus lottery but their card was declined, did you get an email confirming the win, or did you find out by checking the status of your requests in TM (and if so, where can you see this in your TM account)? Thanks
    Have you not read ALL THE OTHER THREADS  on this? 
  • Just out of interest if people are able to clarify for me, for those that know they won the Aus lottery but their card was declined, did you get an email confirming the win, or did you find out by checking the status of your requests in TM (and if so, where can you see this in your TM account)? Thanks
    I got no notification from 10C, Ticketmaster or Amex. Had to call Amex to find out the two transactions (for each show) was declined by the merchant, TicketsToday, as they no longer accept Amex. There's now no record anywhere that I was even in the ballot. 
    It was definitely not fraud detection issue nor insufficient funds (that card credit available limit could've got 40+ tickets). 
    I've been waiting a decade for this moment, for music that means so much to me. To have it snatched away like this is devastating.
  • I don't know Bo Diddley
    But I have a strong feeling you are all going to get your tickets. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Hi, just for the record, and I don't know if this indicates it won't be a problem if I win tickets in the lottery, but I do currently have a 1.00 GBP charge from TicketsToday (and the subsequent 1.00GBP credit) pending on my American Express card. So the test transaction from TicketsToday did go through ok, although as per the comments about the fraud algorithms, I don't know whether AmEx might reject a larger transaction for tickets if I win them. However I searched my transaction history on my AmEx and confirmed that for the Chicago shows last year which I won through the lottery, I paid for them with my AmEx, so it may not be a general issue for people, it may be on a case by case basis or due to the total amount being attempted. 

Have you not read ALL THE OTHER THREADS  on this? 
    Sorry, I guess not. I only saw this thread initially and then comments in the main Dark Matter Tour thread. I see the main AmEx one now thanks, I'll go through it.
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
    Except even if that's true, given they've already allocated seats... I'm not going to get the tickets I should've. So at bare minimum I want a refund of everything I've paid to Ten Club.
  • Just out of interest if people are able to clarify for me, for those that know they won the Aus lottery but their card was declined, did you get an email confirming the win, or did you find out by checking the status of your requests in TM (and if so, where can you see this in your TM account)? Thanks
    I got no notification from 10C, Ticketmaster or Amex. Had to call Amex to find out the two transactions (for each show) was declined by the merchant, TicketsToday, as they no longer accept Amex. There's now no record anywhere that I was even in the ballot. 
    It was definitely not fraud detection issue nor insufficient funds (that card credit available limit could've got 40+ tickets). 
    I've been waiting a decade for this moment, for music that means so much to me. To have it snatched away like this is devastating.
    Thanks for replying to my question on this. I entered but have no idea if I am in the same situation or if I just didn't win. Sounds like I'd have to check with AmEx to know that.
    I feel for you, it is super frustrating that every time there is a ticket lottery now that something does not seem to go according to plan - it feels to me that this is partly because something is changed every time from the last time (if it ain't broke don't fix it?) although maybe in this case is unique to Australia somehow for some reason, and also shows that the process is apparently not tested in advance which is disappointing. 

Except even if that's true, given they've already allocated seats... I'm not going to get the tickets I should've. So at bare minimum I want a refund of everything I've paid to Ten Club.
    Bare minimum.......Thats everything you have ever paid into the 10club over the years? If that's the minimum, then what's the perfect scenario as far as compensation from the 10club? 
    Bare minimum.......Thats everything you have ever paid into the 10club over the years? If that's the minimum, then what's the perfect scenario as far as compensation from the 10club? 
    Sorry, honestly that was a bit emotional, been a rough day for a bunch of reasons. I have a disability so early access to standing areas is no good to me. I stuck with 10C even after the last tour was part of a music festival so there were no great benefits.
    The hope was to be able to get the best seats I could for the next tour, a decade later.
    Unless they re-do the seating allocation it feels I've wasted hundreds of dollars I really shouldn't have. 
    Sorry, honestly that was a bit emotional, been a rough day for a bunch of reasons. I have a disability so early access to standing areas is no good to me. I stuck with 10C even after the last tour was part of a music festival so there were no great benefits.
    The hope was to be able to get the best seats I could for the next tour, a decade later.
    Unless they re-do the seating allocation it feels I've wasted hundreds of dollars I really shouldn't have. 
    You don't have to apologize, I have been following your posts all night, and I feel awful for you. I feel bad for everyone who did not get their tickets. I have been there, its a rotten feeling. Hopefully, one way or another 10club comes thru and everyone ends up happy. 
    Again, thanks for this info, I have checked with AmEx and indeed found I am in the same situation with attempted charges declined from TicketsToday - Aus, which I hadn't realised until I saw your reply. I really hope they resolve your situation and you're able to see them after such a long wait.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    I don't know Bo Diddley
    They have not done seating allocations yet. 

Unless I am missing something here nobody has their seats yet. That assignment happens at a later date. All yesterday was to tell you that you won or lost. 
  • PJNB said:
    I don't know Bo Diddley

Unless I am missing something here nobody has their seats yet. That assignment happens at a later date. All yesterday was to tell you that you won or lost. 
    I hope you're right! I just saw in the Aus/NZ tour a Kiwi that seemed to know what seats he was in. I may have read it wrong though.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    PJNB said:
    I don't know Bo Diddley

I hope you're right! I just saw in the Aus/NZ tour a Kiwi that seemed to know what seats he was in. I may have read it wrong though.
    Maybe I am wrong and they are giving them out sooner. After lasts years debacle and redos you would think they would have learned about the mistakes being made and giving tickets out so soon. 

These shows are huge and there will be plenty of tickets to go around. 

I am willing to bet you can get better seats on your own than 10C will give you anyway unfortunately. 
  • I'll add my voice to this in case Ten Club listen....

"International Fans

in order to avoid a payment decline, we recommend you contact your bank NOW and notify them of the following:

• Charge will be in currency local to the show"
    I did this too as recommended but my bank told me they cannot do this.

I'm in for UK/European lottery only so haven't heard anything yet but agree that there needs to be a different approach so that people who are successful in the lottery do not miss out because their payment is declined - I don't remember this being an issue in the lottery for past European tours (going back to 2006).

It may be too late for the 2024 tour as if payment is declined the tickets are given to someone else - at least that's how I understood what we have been told....and sorry to say it but how much influence does the performer/fan club have nowadays vs Ticketmaster? Probably more than they'd like us to think, but do they have enough power to get Ticketmaster to go back and release more tickets to the fan club after the contracts have been agreed?
  • TheMooksterTheMookster Posts: 100
    edited February 17
    wookieboy said:
    I'll add my voice to this in case Ten Club listen....

"International Fans

• Charge will be in currency local to the show"
    I did this too as recommended but my bank told me they cannot do this.

I'm in for UK/European lottery only so haven't heard anything yet but agree that there needs to be a different approach so that people who are successful in the lottery do not miss out because their payment is declined - I don't remember this being an issue in the lottery for past European tours (going back to 2006).

It may be too late for the 2024 tour as if payment is declined the tickets are given to someone else - at least that's how I understood what we have been told....and sorry to say it but how much influence does the performer/fan club have nowadays vs Ticketmaster? Probably more than they'd like us to think, but do they have enough power to get Ticketmaster to go back and release more tickets to the fan club after the contracts have been agreed?
    i sort of feel a better situation might be to do the lottery and notify users they have won and provide them with a link that gives them 24 hours or something to then go to the site and make the payment for any tickets they've won i.e. you don't have to enter your payment details up front. that then allows people to go through whatever authorisation they need to do to make they payment i.e. the lottery itself is not connected to the payment.
    once the 24 hour window closes, if payments have not been made then those tickets can go back into the pot and another draw. however maybe that's too complicated and I suppose the ticket companies have their own systems and ways of doing things that can't be changed or they don't want to, and it's hard for ten club to be able to do anything about that. also there are probably other issues I'm not thinking of with what I've suggested there.
    Post edited by TheMookster on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,973
    Lame. Sorry all. I'm out completely but would be infuriated.  Takes the joy of simply going to a show. Whaaaaaaa. Sorry
  • Is this going to be a NA problem?  
  • You got me wondering now as I don’t even remember entering card details.
    I assume if I have the 10c ticket request confirmation email that they have my bank details somewhere.  I couldn’t have got a confirmation without card details on file right?
    Noone knows, I switched my card just in case
    Noone knows, I switched my card just in case
    Where and how did you do this?
  • I hope you're right! I just saw in the Aus/NZ tour a Kiwi that seemed to know what seats he was in. I may have read it wrong though.
    If it helps, I also requested and won seated tickets in Auckland - definitely no seating allocation yet, the email was just a "you got the tickets" and info that the actual seating details will be provided by April.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Was this limited to AmericanExpress cards?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission