TEN CLUB WE NEED YOUR HELP

Comments

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Was this limited to AmericanExpress cards?
    AMEX were rejected across the board because the merchant doesn't take it. Other cards may have had isolated denials due to fraud alerts or the like. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    SHZA said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Was this limited to AmericanExpress cards?
    AMEX were rejected across the board because the merchant doesn't take it. Other cards may have had isolated denials due to fraud alerts or the like. 
    Gotcha. Yeah, I had a similar problem last time around. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Is this going to be a NA problem?  
    Noone knows, I switched my card just in case
    Where and how did you do this?
    I just submitted a new request 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    I'm trying to remember my situation from last time, but I was charged, then the seats were all wrong, so they refunded the money. Then they charged again, but the 2nd time they were declined due to "insufficient funds" because the refund had not yet been applied. It was a panic indicing nightmare but 10c were really helpful and it all got sorted out. I was eventually able to use a different card and got my tickets.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Is this going to be a NA problem?  
    Was just wondering this. Submitted my NA picks last night and did use an Amex card. Is this only supposed to be an issue on international shows, or do we need to do new picks with a different card for NA too before the deadline?
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    Is this going to be a NA problem?  
    Was just wondering this. Submitted my NA picks last night and did use an Amex card. Is this only supposed to be an issue on international shows, or do we need to do new picks with a different card for NA too before the deadline?
    Just to be sure I’d resubmit with different card!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited February 17
    Myself and others have used AMEX for TicketsToday lotteries in the US without a problem, including for U2 just a few months ago. But who knows. 

Looks like people in the results thread are scoring Dublin with AMEX so probably not a widespread issue 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    SHZA said:
    Myself and others have used AMEX for TicketsToday lotteries in the US without a problem, including for U2 just a few months ago. But who knows. 

Looks like people in the results thread are scoring Dublin with AMEX so probably not a widespread issue 
    Please update us if you would. 

I’m surprised that the 10C hasn’t posted that either it is okay moving forward or warning people to change. Disappointing that it got to the Europe draw before them addressing it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • SHZA said:

Please update us if you would. 

I’m surprised that the 10C hasn’t posted that either it is okay moving forward or warning people to change. Disappointing that it got to the Europe draw before them addressing it.
    Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. I went back to my 2023 AMEX annual statement and saw that the charge (when I was confirmed for Indy tickets) was from "TICKETSTODAY*PEARL JCROZET VA". So, if Tickets Today doesn't accept AMEX any longer, it had to have happened in the last 10 months.

Then, of course, the paranoia starts kicking in. 10C states that it DOESN'T MATTER when you submit your request, you'll still have a shot at confirmation if your request is submitted before 2/18, 7am PT. But with all these SNAFU's already happening, who knows.
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 101
    Payment rejected from an Irish MasterCard for an Irish concert.

Absolutely brutal.
  • MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    KidAOK said:

Absolutely brutal.
    have you reached out to ticketmaster - I am in the exact same boat and have no idea what to do.
  • severinlseverinl Posts: 30
    KidAOK said:

Absolutely brutal.
    I have a feeling that all those confirmation steps which are normally during the checkout process trip up those delayed charges. 
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 101
    Moonpig said:
    KidAOK said:

Absolutely brutal.
    have you reached out to ticketmaster - I am in the exact same boat and have no idea what to do.
    I did mate, emailed theclubsupport@ticketmaster.com but they'll be swamped with the Oz fiasco.  Let's wait and see.

If all else fails I don't think tickets will be hard to come by on general sale, albeit I wanted golden circle.
  • retroretro Posts: 120
    I called my bank and they said they couldn't do anything about the proposed points. The sample 1€ debit was there and was canceled again by Ticketmaster. That's why I can't see it. The booking should work as nothing is blocked. Eight is Visa let's see what happens. I hope the whole thing goes through. 

• MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    KidAOK said:
    Moonpig said:
    KidAOK said:

Absolutely brutal.
    I did mate, emailed theclubsupport@ticketmaster.com but they'll be swamped with the Oz fiasco.  Let's wait and see.

If all else fails I don't think tickets will be hard to come by on general sale, albeit I wanted golden circle.
    yeah I hear you.

That said, I cant imagine they only go once for payment, knowing this is a possible fail point, allowing for the card holder to approve payment from text and online banking app.

I feckn hope so at any rate, this was a present for my little girl and knowing i won the lottery for the golden circle has me sick.
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    I know a lot of local businesses don’t take AMEX. They charge like 7% for each transaction when others charge  I think it’s around 3%. At least that’s what I’ve been told before. Shouldn’t apply to a business like Ticketmaster but still. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    BARCELONA SEATED NIGHT 1 
    BARCELONA GA NIGHT 2
    BERLIN NIGHT 1 GA
    BERLIN NIGHT 2 GA

All scored ,same card charged with the one dicline for Australia 
    what to say..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CloneClone Posts: 146
    I've just been declined 1 of the UK shows through this.

BARCELONA SEATED NIGHT 1 
    BARCELONA GA NIGHT 2
    BERLIN NIGHT 1 GA
    BERLIN NIGHT 2 GA

All scored ,same card charged with the one dicline for Australia 
    what to say..
     LONDON AS WELL..SAME CARD...
    AND AUSTRALIA DECLINE.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RA99183RA99183 Posts: 32
    I got a response from theclubsupport@ticketmaster.com - ‘Please contact Ticketmaster AU’. I had already done that via the long help form but just wanted to let anyone waiting for a response from theclubsupport@ticketmaster.com not to hold their breath. 

I wish someone would make a statement on this issue so fans know where they stand one way or another.
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • So we need a chance to get our fair tickets even after following the advice to pre warn our bank. Come on 10C do the right thing 
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,924
    This sucks for all involved. I never had this issue getting tickets for Australia in 2009. Hope this gets sorted ASAP.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • lyears1lyears1 Posts: 22
    Payment declined for a UK show. I have a mastercard. I also tried to warn my bank about the charge yesterday but was told they couldn't really do anything about this and that I'd have to ring their fraud team if I wanted to take it further. Really not impressed 10C
    London 25/06/10 - Manchester 20/06/12 - Leeds 08/07/14 - London 18/06/18 - London 17/07/18 - London 08/07/22
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited February 17
    wookieboy said:
    I'll add my voice to this in case Ten Club listen....

"International Fans

in order to avoid a payment decline, we recommend you contact your bank NOW and notify them of the following:

• A charge from a US-based company may be attempted between Feb 16 and Feb 21
    • Merchant descriptor will be "Ticketmaster*Pearl Jam"
    • Charge will be in currency local to the show"
    I did this too as recommended but my bank told me they cannot do this.

I'm in for UK/European lottery only so haven't heard anything yet but agree that there needs to be a different approach so that people who are successful in the lottery do not miss out because their payment is declined - I don't remember this being an issue in the lottery for past European tours (going back to 2006).

It may be too late for the 2024 tour as if payment is declined the tickets are given to someone else - at least that's how I understood what we have been told....and sorry to say it but how much influence does the performer/fan club have nowadays vs Ticketmaster? Probably more than they'd like us to think, but do they have enough power to get Ticketmaster to go back and release more tickets to the fan club after the contracts have been agreed?

I also did this, even though I was pretty sure it wasn't necessary for me, and AMEX told me that if they flagged a purchase as unusual I would actually just get an email alerting me to the charge, but the charge would not be stopped.
    This is a shitty, crazy situation for the AUS folks and anyone else struggling with the whole fraud stop payment thing. I'm not worried about AMEX working for me, but at this rate, anything can happen to anyone, lol. I'm just feeling grateful that I'm okay with not getting 10C tix. I'm only in it for a chance for GA. I'm perfectly happy to buy good seats in the general sale as well.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    Posted by someone else:

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    HOPE THEY WILL FIX IT AS BEEN SAID ..I USED MASTERCARD NOT AMEX THO 
    THANKS TEN CLUB 

• Wow, that’s a pretty confident email from 10c there. Good for you!
    i sure hope that is applied to all other cancelled tickets and not just Amex as had issues with Barclays in UK
  • HOPE THEY WILL FIX IT AS BEEN SAID ..I USED MASTERCARD NOT AMEX THO 
    THANKS TEN CLUB 

Was that email from Tenclubsupport@tickemaster.com?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hope they do the same for me Dimi!  Used Mastercard too

HOPE THEY WILL FIX IT AS BEEN SAID ..I USED MASTERCARD NOT AMEX THO 
    THANKS TEN CLUB 

Was that email from Tenclubsupport@tickemaster.com?
    tickets@tenclub.net