Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    Why are so many people saying they were 'shut out' when there is still two more days left to get notifications? 
    Because shows have already been drawn
    I assume that very limited tix are available in the next two days for the folks who don’t clear up their credit card issues. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 674
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is it me or does it seem like philly got a lot more no's than other shows?  
    Side note, I wonder if it had any impact on getting tickets since I only picked p1 for the philly shows and not p1/ga, 
    It would have limited you a little, as you were not in the drawing for the Ga seats at all.  Also did Philly have a P2?  That would have improved chances as well.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    I put in for 5 shows (msg x2, Philly x2, and Balt) and got 4/5.  Missed out on night 2 at MSG but my son, who is trying to take over my corner as biggest fan in the house, was able to get MSG night 2 with his account so I can tag along with him.   It was the only show he won.   Didn't score any GA so my winless streak continues on that front.  I feel for those who missed out.  Too many fans and too few shows.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Maybe PJ can cover the Dunkings jingle at Fenway.  Seems apropos.  Who are we thinking are the special guests?  Bronson Arroyo?  Theo?  Noah Kahan?  
  • Mr. HandMr. Hand Posts: 95
    MSG 1, P2
    Fenway 1, Pit
    Fenway 2, Pit
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 New York, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester, MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 New York, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV @ Paradise Club 4/29/17 Boston, MA; 9/2/18 Boston, MA; EV & Earthlings 2/4/22 New York, NY; 9/11/22, New York, NY; 9/5/23 Chicago, IL; 9/3/24 New York, NY; 9/17/24 Boston, MA.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,329
    scurtis said:
    My bro in law and wives were trying to do Vegas but he got his email at like 10:30am this morning for both shows. I haven’t gotten a postive or a negative. But I’m not holding my breath.

It’s like they awarded to the individual, and whatever shows they selected, versus awarding for shows to many. 
    100%. All or nothing. 
    No, it's not. There are plenty of examples of people here who got some of the tickets they requested, but not all of them.

Some people got everything they requested. Some people got some of what they requested. Some people got none of what they requested. This is exactly what you would expect from a random drawing.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • It's been a while, is crowd surfing still a thing at PJ shows in pit area?
  • Why are so many people saying they were 'shut out' when there is still two more days left to get notifications? 
    Because shows have already been drawn
    I assume that very limited tix are available in the next two days for the folks who don’t clear up their credit card issues. 
    Agreed, just wouldn't expect much
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:
    My bro in law and wives were trying to do Vegas but he got his email at like 10:30am this morning for both shows. I haven’t gotten a postive or a negative. But I’m not holding my breath.

It’s like they awarded to the individual, and whatever shows they selected, versus awarding for shows to many. 
    No, it's random. In a random drawing, some will get a lot, some will get a few, and some will get none. Whether you were selected for a specific show was independent of whether you were also selected for other shows.

Everyone had the same chance at each show they tried for. Some shows had more demand. I got all of my requests, but I also did not request the high-demand shows in New York, Philadelphia, Boston or Chicago, so my chances of getting all of my requests were better than people who did go for those shows.

There are likely also some people who chose not to put in for P2 for their shows, which meant that, if they got tickets, their seats would be better, but also meant that their chances of being shut out altogether were increased because they didn't have as many entries in the lottery.
    Some will get a lot, some will get a few, and some will get none, but the sizes of those groups should not be the same. A very lucky (or unlucky) few people should get a lot or none, while the vast majority of the entrants should have a mixed bag. Like if you flip a coin 10 times, very rarely would you get 10 heads or tails in a row 
  • BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

100%. All or nothing. 
    No, it's not. There are plenty of examples of people here who got some of the tickets they requested, but not all of them.

Some people got everything they requested. Some people got some of what they requested. Some people got none of what they requested. This is exactly what you would expect from a random drawing.
    Agreed it is what we would expect, it's just a terrible change
  • scurtis said:

I have 2 reserved for Vegas both nights, and I am looking to sell for what I paid. I am looking for Wrigley N2 as well. 
  • I got:

Las Vegas 1: GA
    Las Vegas 2: GA
    Missoula: GA

Super pumped!! I thought maybe I’d get GA for one of the shows, but never thought I’d get all 3. So stoked!

Pittsburgh 4/26/03, State College 5/3/03, Reading 10/1/04, Toledo 10/2/04, Toronto 9/19/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Cincinnati 6/24/06, Washington D.C. 6/22/08, Cleveland 5/9/10, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Missoula 8/13/18, Denver 9/22/22, St. Paul 8/31/23, St. Paul 9/2/23
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    The amount of people that scored GA both nights for one city is pretty crazy. It had gotten to the point where if I saw someone post they got night one I was going to circle back later and know they would be posting they got night 2. 

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,927
    SHZA said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

No, it's random. In a random drawing, some will get a lot, some will get a few, and some will get none. Whether you were selected for a specific show was independent of whether you were also selected for other shows.

Everyone had the same chance at each show they tried for. Some shows had more demand. I got all of my requests, but I also did not request the high-demand shows in New York, Philadelphia, Boston or Chicago, so my chances of getting all of my requests were better than people who did go for those shows.

There are likely also some people who chose not to put in for P2 for their shows, which meant that, if they got tickets, their seats would be better, but also meant that their chances of being shut out altogether were increased because they didn't have as many entries in the lottery.
    Some will get a lot, some will get a few, and some will get none, but the sizes of those groups should not be the same. A very lucky (or unlucky) few people should get a lot or none, while the vast majority of the entrants should have a mixed bag. Like if you flip a coin 10 times, very rarely would you get 10 heads or tails in a row 

I expected I would get half of the shows I put in for, at best. So I was pleasantly surprised to have a better (but not 100%) outcome.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • GetRight13GetRight13 Posts: 587
    I think there will be another small amount of tickets going out tomorrow for any tickets that were drawn with card declines or other processing issues.   Probably why they gave the window until Wednesday. We'll see.  Good luck all!
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    scurtis said:

I have 2 reserved for Vegas both nights, and I am looking to sell for what I paid. I am looking for Wrigley N2 as well. 
    I need a pair of Vegas tickets to both nights. Badly.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    It's been a while, is crowd surfing still a thing at PJ shows in pit area?
    It is with the Earthlings. Watt did it Vegas.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,329
    SHZA said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

I think you will find, if you go back through this thread, that the vast majority of entrants got some (to coin a phrase), and did not get all or none (to coin a phrase). With respect to the coin analogy, the coin only has two possible outcomes of equal likelihood. This lottery may seem analogous, but it isn't as simple as "you get tickets or you don't" because the supply and demand is different for each show. Sacramento might be more likely to come up with all tails, MSG all heads and Portland somewhere in between.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • scurtis said:

I need a pair of Vegas tickets to both nights. Badly.
    I'd be happy to help! 
  • BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

I think you will find, if you go back through this thread, that the vast majority of entrants got some (to coin a phrase), and did not get all or none (to coin a phrase). With respect to the coin analogy, the coin only has two possible outcomes of equal likelihood. This lottery may seem analogous, but it isn't as simple as "you get tickets or you don't" because the supply and demand is different for each show. Sacramento might be more likely to come up with all tails, MSG all heads and Portland somewhere in between.
    Yet my wife and I went 0/4 for Seattle and Philly while others hit all.
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

100%. All or nothing. 

When there’s patterns it doesn’t seem like random. That’s all I’m saying. Too many people got both nights in a high demand city, while too many people got nothing. You have to admit that’s a fishy coincidence. Either way, you can’t argue this is a better system to get rid of the priority option. It allows for this to happen. 
  • Reads11Reads11 Posts: 101
    Without going back through, did most people hit all Wrigley shows? Just curious if they got a lot of tickets to give us like the last time. 
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Scored both nights for Wrigley - P1/Reserved. The elusive hunt for a GA win continues.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    edited February 20
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

100%. All or nothing. 

When there’s patterns it doesn’t seem like random. That’s all I’m saying. Too many people got both nights in a high demand city, while too many people got nothing. You have to admit that’s a fishy coincidence. Either way, you can’t argue this is a better system to get rid of the priority option. It allows for this to happen. 
    You could theorize that the computer filled both nights requests at the same time when someone got selected for a city with multiple shows based on some of the posts here.  But the timing of the credit card charges doesn't seem to support that and there were also many people who only got one night despite all the people who got both.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

100%. All or nothing. 

I think you'd need to look at a much larger sample to know if something weird was happening. That said, I definitely agree with your point on priorities. I'm a little salty about going 1/2 for my local shows while multiple people hitting both nights are going to 7+ overall.
  • FrankSFrankS Posts: 281
    I got:

Las Vegas 1: GA
    Las Vegas 2: GA
    Missoula: GA

Super pumped!! I thought maybe I’d get GA for one of the shows, but never thought I’d get all 3. So stoked!

Just curious, did you only put in for GA to each show? I scored P1 for both Wrigley shows, but had selected all options.
    8/23/2009[Chicago], 5/07/2010[Noblesville], 9/3/2011 [PJ20], 9/4/2011 [PJ20], 7/19/2013 [Chicago], 10/17/2014 [Moline], 8/22/2016 [Chicago], 8/18/2018 [Chicago], 8/20/2018 [Chicago]; 9/5/2023 [Chicago]; 9/7/2023 [Chicago]; 8/29/24 [Chicago]; 8/31/24 [Chicago]
  • MJ178168MJ178168 Posts: 152
    Reads11 said:
    Without going back through, did most people hit all Wrigley shows? Just curious if they got a lot of tickets to give us like the last time. 
    I went 0 for 2 on Wrigley
  • Requested both Wrigley and didn’t get either yet. I’m not the only one.
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,144
    Spoken said:
    Does anyone think all the 10C tickets went out today, no more available?
    Then "No"'s go out tomorrow...?
    This whole process will be final once the rejection emails get sent.

That is after TENCLUB has sold & received payment for all the 10C tickets they were allocated and these tickets are safe in
    the accounts of the lottery winners.
    This means every single pair, and I am sure there are some payment issues pending that will not get worked out, probably, so I would think at least a few pairs might go out still, no?
  • Anyone have the P1 - Pit - P2 map for Wrigley?