Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,329
    JV48469 said:
    My request for pit tixs in Los Angeles was denied.  I'm upset to see that membership doesn't get priority.  Ticket prices up and membership prices up, I feel there's no incentive of continuing to pay my membership fees.
    Membership does get priority. If you weren't a member, you would never have been given the opportunity to buy tickets before the general public who are not members. That is priority. What membership doesn't provide, and has never provided, is a guarantee that you will receive tickets in the lottery.

Membership prices are not necessarily up. There used to be a two-tiered pricing system. Analog membership was $40 per year; digital membership was $20 a year. For many members, the $35 annual fee is lower than it was when they were paying $40 a few years ago.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited February 24
    I would just like to show visually what $208 got me with 10C vs what $208 got me in the verified fan sale (I am around 480,xxx):

10C (literally the worst seat in the whole arena as far as I'm concerned, which is almost impressive in its shittiness, lol):
    Vs. Verified Fan (SAME PRICE):

I mean, come on. That's a bit ridiculous, is it not? I don't understand why that really good standard priced ticket wouldn't have been assigned to a 10C member. Of course, I'm thrilled to have snagged it, but it does seems pretty unfair to 10C members. Now, for all I know, 10C bartered to have standard priced tickets in such good sections but were denied getting them as 10C tix... but why would that be?? If TM did such a thing, it would start looking malicious, since it doesn't bring in any more money for anyone.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 148
    edited February 24
    BF25394 said:
    JV48469 said:
    My request for pit tixs in Los Angeles was denied.  I'm upset to see that membership doesn't get priority.  Ticket prices up and membership prices up, I feel there's no incentive of continuing to pay my membership fees.
    Membership does get priority. If you weren't a member, you would never have been given the opportunity to buy tickets before the general public who are not members. That is priority. What membership doesn't provide, and has never provided, is a guarantee that you will receive tickets in the lottery.

Membership prices are not necessarily up. There used to be a two-tiered pricing system. Analog membership was $40 per year; digital membership was $20 a year. For many members, the $35 annual fee is lower than it was when they were paying $40 a few years ago.
    And that came with a physical newsletter, vinyl, and tshirt.  At some point acknowledging that the fan club is not what it used to be is obvious.  Even to yourself.  
    Post edited by mookieb14 on
  • Unless I'm missing something, the first photo looks like it's 12:00 center to the stage while the verified seat looks off to the side.  Maybe I'm missing something w/the photo, not sure.
    edited February 24
    Unless I'm missing something, the first photo looks like it's 12:00 center to the stage while the verified seat looks off to the side.  Maybe I'm missing something w/the photo, not sure.

Are you referring to my post? If so... are you suggesting that back of the floor is better than right next to the pit just because it faces the stage straight on? I've never heard that viewpoint before, lol. Very interesting. But anyway, that isn't how 10C operates. It is very clear that 10C works on the theory that closer is necessarily better, which is why I'm back of the floor while someone with a way, way higher number than me is about 10 rows up behind me in the 100 level, which is a far better seat because they'll actually be able to see things. It also explains why I'm seeing some European members and baseball park goers upset that they have obstructed side stage views, realizing that 10C just thought "great, close to the stage." So that means my original point about 10C seat assignments vs standard verified fan tix stands.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    mookieb14 said:
    BF25394 said:
    JV48469 said:

And that came with a physical newsletter and tshirt.  At some point acknowledging that the fan club is not what it used to be is obvious.  Even to yourself.  
    Well, I never placed any value on the T-shirt, and the newsletter rarely has any particularly interesting or special content. And $40 in 2019 would be worth $48 today. Is that T-shirt and newsletter worth 13 bucks? Not to me.

I don't know what you're wanting me to acknowledge. I don't have a problem paying 35 bucks a year for, among other things, the right to try for really good tickets to see the band live. That opportunity has given me the chance to see the band many times where I otherwise would not have been able to. This membership has so overperformed what I've paid for it that, if I paid dues for the next 20 years and they never toured again, I will have gotten my money's worth.
    I mostly pay $48CAD/year to be able to post in the forum, lol. And of course access to 10C-exclusive vinyl. The membership fee is the least of my worries.
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,529
    PJ_Soul said:
    I would just like to show visually what $208 got me with 10C vs what $208 got me in the verified fan sale (I am around 480,xxx):

10C (literally the worst seat in the whole arena as far as I'm concerned, which is almost impressive in its shittiness, lol):

I mean, come on. That's a bit ridiculous, is it not? I don't understand why that really good standard priced ticket wouldn't have been assigned to a 10C member. Of course, I'm thrilled to have snagged it, but it does seems pretty unfair to 10C members. Now, for all I know, 10C bartered to have standard priced tickets in such good sections but were denied getting them as 10C tix... but why would that be?? If TM did such a thing, it would start looking malicious, since it doesn't bring in any more money for anyone.
    Agreed, for anyone sub-6’2”you’d better off on the side (even behind) stage than anywhere behind row 15 on the floor. I have a similar # to you and am floor row 28 (and trying to upgrade)
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 148
    According to 10club the tee is worth $20 plus shipping alone. I’ve been in the club nearly 30 years and I too have gotten my dues back and then some.  I don’t think anyone can argue that the value of membership has continued to decrease over the years.  
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    Unless I'm missing something, the first photo looks like it's 12:00 center to the stage while the verified seat looks off to the side.  Maybe I'm missing something w/the photo, not sure.
    Having sat in that area many times, I can definitively say that his verified seat is one of the best in the house. His 10c seat is one of the worst, unless he happens to be 7ft tall.
    mookieb14 said:
    According to 10club the tee is worth $20 plus shipping alone. I’ve been in the club nearly 30 years and I too have gotten my dues back and then some.  I don’t think anyone can argue that the value of membership has continued to decrease over the years.  
    Well, that settles it. You've declared that no one can argue it, so it must be true that no one can argue it even though people here are arguing it. One might even argue that, in a world of dynamic pricing and bots scooping up tickets as soon as they are released so that they can be placed on the secondary market, the value of the membership and its member-exclusive ticket lottery is greater than it's ever been, but I guess I can't argue that because you've already ruled that such a thing cannot be argued.
  • Any word on f2f?
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
    Wrigley 8/31/2024
    Baltimore 9/12/2024
    Fenway 9/15/2024
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    PJ_Soul said:

I might be in the minority but I would take your 10C over your VF. I do not like that side stage 90 degree view. Had a pretty similar ticket for MSG in 2016. I much prefer floor level and looking straight on even if it's the last row of the floor.
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    Any word on f2f?
    Sometime in spring
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

pjl44 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I might be in the minority but I would take your 10C over your VF. I do not like that side stage 90 degree view. Had a pretty similar ticket for MSG in 2016. I much prefer floor level and looking straight on even if it's the last row of the floor.
    I'd prefer to not look straight on at the back of people's heads. You really can't see shit from the back of the floor no matter what the angle is. Plus, I feel that it is very much preferable to also have a view of the pit. Also, that isn't a 90 degree angle.

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'd prefer to not look straight on at the back of people's heads. You really can't see shit from the back of the floor no matter what the angle is. Plus, I feel that it is very much preferable to also have a view of the pit. Also, that isn't a 90 degree angle.

Lol ok 86.5 degrees. Different strokes, etc.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    Having sat in that area many times, I can definitively say that his verified seat is one of the best in the house. His 10c seat is one of the worst, unless he happens to be 7ft tall.
     Not sure how the 10C doesn't know that they are some of the worst seats in any Venue. 

@PJ_Soul
    Congrats on the upgrade. I know that is a better location then the one you got from the 10C.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    edited February 26
    My buddy got back of the floor too.  I completely agree they're the worst seats in the house.  Not because of distance from stage, but because of how when your on a level surface, the angle to the stage gets lower and lower the further back you are.  I'm 6'2, and I cant seem much after row 20 or 25 on a floor.    Row 36 or 37 is a no go.

Not only that but he's taking one of our friend's that's never seen PJ. I'm hoping we can pull seat upgrades from them on fan2fan.

I'm also sad, I saw all those side stage tickets for night 2, and I kept glitching, most likely because my works VPN doesn't work well with TM. 
  • ChrrieChrrie Posts: 99
    BF25394 said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Well, that settles it. You've declared that no one can argue it, so it must be true that no one can argue it even though people here are arguing it. One might even argue that, in a world of dynamic pricing and bots scooping up tickets as soon as they are released so that they can be placed on the secondary market, the value of the membership and its member-exclusive ticket lottery is greater than it's ever been, but I guess I can't argue that because you've already ruled that such a thing cannot be argued.
    Honestly I’d pay the $35 if all it did was give me a chance to win the MSG lottery and nothing else, because I really don’t want to pay some other 10c person on StubHub who’s really cashing in on their membership 
  • HMW820HMW820 Posts: 1
    Got 2 tickets for golden circle in Auckland Nov 8. Said confirmed, card been charged, will get another email to view/access tickets before April 1. Charge appeared on my credit card, was pending then disappeared. Called the bank, said wasn't them. Charge wasn't accepted/processed by merchant (Ticketmaster) in 7 days so it ghosted. Have tried to contact Ticketmaster support and Ten Club as well, no reply from either after 4 days. Has anyone else had this issue ?
  • djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 228
    PJ_Soul said:

I had almost the exact same location and did the same VF upgrade for Portland.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    Zod said:
    My buddy got back of the floor too.  I completely agree they're the worst seats in the house.  Not because of distance from stage, but because of how when your on a level surface, the angle to the stage gets lower and lower the further back you are.  I'm 6'2, and I cant seem much after row 20 or 25 on a floor.    Row 36 or 37 is a no go.

Not only that but he's taking one of our friend's that's never seen PJ. I'm hoping we can pull seat upgrades from them on fan2fan.

I'm also sad, I saw all those side stage tickets for night 2, and I kept glitching, most likely because my works VPN doesn't work well with TM. 

I have the same issue with my work VPN. Fortunately, I can disable it when I really need to. It asks for a reason, though. I usually put in "Ticketmaster Sucks".
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    PJ_Soul said:

I think this is one of the concessions PJ has made to keep getting so many 10C tickets. It would not surprise me if this (setting aside better-than-10C tickets) is a result of public backlash about there only being nosebleeds/premiums available by the time the sales open up to the public.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • EnwoodEnwood Posts: 2
    We got tickets to Chicago August 29. Got confirmation, card was charged. However, no email about actual seat assignments. I’ve emailed Ticketmaster and they were no help. Anyone else I the same boat?
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    Enwood said:
    We got tickets to Chicago August 29. Got confirmation, card was charged. However, no email about actual seat assignments. I’ve emailed Ticketmaster and they were no help. Anyone else I the same boat?
    Check your Ticketmaster account... My seats for Fenway show under 'My Tickets'. 
  • EnwoodEnwood Posts: 2
    Enwood said:
    Check your Ticketmaster account... My seats for Fenway show under 'My Tickets'. 
    No tickets in my Ticketmaster app either. Ticketmaster did confirm I have tickets, they just aren’t showing up anywhere, I haven’t gotten a claim ticket email. Kind of freaking out. 
  • Have 2 tickets for Golden Circle in Dublin.  I can’t go unfortunately and planned to transfer but don’t see them in my Ticketmaster events like my other shows. 

Can anyone share insight on the Euro tix?  Are they in a different site or not yet posted into app?  Thanks 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    PJ_Soul said:

I essentially did the same thing except I'm on Stone side because I wasn't part of the verified fan sale. Even the leftovers were better.
  • Micheyb21Micheyb21 Posts: 266
    Have 2 tickets for Golden Circle in Dublin.  I can’t go unfortunately and planned to transfer but don’t see them in my Ticketmaster events like my other shows. 

Can anyone share insight on the Euro tix?  Are they in a different site or not yet posted into app?  Thanks 
    I have no idea if correct or not - but it seems to be case that only 10C seated tickets are showing in Ticketmaster at the moment and none of the GA ones are. I won GA for UK/Aus and NZ and none are showing in TM - although the night 2 i purchased in verified fan sale are.

I presumed (whether correct or not) that the seated ones only showed so that everyone could see their seat locations and the GA ones will show up later once they open up fan to fan? 
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    ^Must be running background checks on us gold circle GAs, lol.