Why no GA only option??? It sucks!

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    MOTSy said:
    Just went to enter for Manchester and noticed that the whole floor is being classed as 'pit'! Could this be a mistake?

Not at all, this is entirely normal. Our arenas are always the full floor. 
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    I was hoping for a GA only option to return. My 10c # is 495xxx. It actually renewed about a week ago for my 12th year in the fan club. As you know all, that makes me a noob around here and every tour the seats gets worse and worse. My seats in the UC were terrible. It feels like I'm at a point now of either get GA or have poor seats.

I don't feel like I'm complaining. I've gotten so much out of the the ten club over the years. Highlights have been GA for the Moline show and a couple Wrigley shows. They've been good to me over the years and I'm thankful. Things evolve in life and and maybe the good old days are over. It's all good either way.
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    pdalowsky said:
    MOTSy said:
    Just went to enter for Manchester and noticed that the whole floor is being classed as 'pit'! Could this be a mistake?

Not at all, this is entirely normal. Our arenas are always the full floor. 
    yes, plus this is one more confirmation that only in London and Dublin there will be early entry as in golden circle for 10c who gets standing tickets
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Sarava said:
    I was hoping for a GA only option to return. My 10c # is 495xxx. It actually renewed about a week ago for my 12th year in the fan club. As you know all, that makes me a noob around here and every tour the seats gets worse and worse. My seats in the UC were terrible. It feels like I'm at a point now of either get GA or have poor seats.

I don't feel like I'm complaining. I've gotten so much out of the the ten club over the years. Highlights have been GA for the Moline show and a couple Wrigley shows. They've been good to me over the years and I'm thankful. Things evolve in life and and maybe the good old days are over. It's all good either way.
    My number is 123xxx. I also get GA or not very good seats and keep moving back. I'm just thankful for the possibility of more GA.
  • GW2553GW2553 Posts: 80
    SHZA said:

It is easy to place them in the F2F portal, but there's no guarantee that they'll sell. There were plenty of unsold F2F uppers last year and even lowers for the 2022 California shows. 
    That's brutal, I'll assume F2F doesn't allow to sell below face to cut your losses?

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    GW2553 said:
    SHZA said:

It is easy to place them in the F2F portal, but there's no guarantee that they'll sell. There were plenty of unsold F2F uppers last year and even lowers for the 2022 California shows. 
    That's brutal, I'll assume F2F doesn't allow to sell below face to cut your losses?

Nope.  At least it hasn't in previous years. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • wiscojamwiscojam Posts: 343
    know1 said:
    I dislike removing the GA option as well. As someone who typically just chose seats and has a decent, but not great number, my seats moved back AGAIN after they got rid of the GA option. 

I've been in the club for 20 years now with zero lapses and as time has gone by my seats have gotten slowly worse with every decision they've made. I thought by now I'd be in some really killer seats. Instead, I'm a section farther away and a little bit higher than the shows I saw in 2003 with my brand new number.
    right there with you. 20+ years ago I assumed if I had stayed with the club I'd have incredible seats by now. Don't get me wrong. I've had some  really amazing seats over the years (3 out of 20 shows) but mostly going back to when you got randomly assigned. I'm grateful for 200 level seats last time in Chicago knowing 10 clubbers were in the 300 level. My seats, in general, have not been getting better and better over the years like I assumed they would.
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    What would be regarded as a decent 10C number?

I guess the there's many more low numbers in the US so in Europe a decent number may actually be higher than it would in the US
  • What would be regarded as a decent 10C number?

I guess the there's many more low numbers in the US so in Europe a decent number may actually be higher than it would in the US
    Well I'm in the UK and 331xxx
    Would love people to tell me that's a low number in Europe ;-)
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    wiscojam said:
    know1 said:
    I dislike removing the GA option as well. As someone who typically just chose seats and has a decent, but not great number, my seats moved back AGAIN after they got rid of the GA option. 

I've been in the club for 20 years now with zero lapses and as time has gone by my seats have gotten slowly worse with every decision they've made. I thought by now I'd be in some really killer seats. Instead, I'm a section farther away and a little bit higher than the shows I saw in 2003 with my brand new number.
    right there with you. 20+ years ago I assumed if I had stayed with the club I'd have incredible seats by now. Don't get me wrong. I've had some  really amazing seats over the years (3 out of 20 shows) but mostly going back to when you got randomly assigned. I'm grateful for 200 level seats last time in Chicago knowing 10 clubbers were in the 300 level. My seats, in general, have not been getting better and better over the years like I assumed they would.

I didn't expect mine would get much better, due to seniority creates a huge incentive to renew every year, and not just in tour years.   I expected you wouldn't get much 10c attrition, especially amongst the more senior members due to that.

I didn't expect that would keep getting further back with every tour.   The changes made to ticketing every bunch of years (multiple shows, lottery rows, the reduction in shows which ramped up people traveling to shows, etc...).
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292

That's what I am thinking, in the US its likely average to poor but in Europe its good if you get what I mean ?
  • What would be regarded as a decent 10C number?

That's what I am thinking, in the US its likely average to poor but in Europe its good if you get what I mean ?
    I hope so.  No idea what number we are up to these days, but I got mine in 2004 I think
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,097

I hope so.  No idea what number we are up to these days, but I got mine in 2004 I think
    I think you'll have a good number for Europe. They only toured once between 1996 and 2006, which was 2000 with many dates, so there will have been less of an incentive to buy. 

I'm a relative newcomer, 2011 (480XXX), and will admit it did feel a bit strange as a grown man joining a fan club, haha!
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,924
    E.K said:
    For the Australian tour in 2009 it was GA only for Ten Club members.  Now this tour I have to sweat it out wondering if I'll be standing or seated.  I don't want to be stuck in a seat all night.  That's not how I roll when it comes to PJ.

They're playing massive outdoor stadiums in Oz - I'd be amazed if all the Australian TC fans (plus overseas travellers) would fill even half of the standing space at those venues.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • JojoRice said:
    GW2553 said:
    SHZA said:

Which maybe someone smarter than me fan explain as to why? 10C already got their money. Instead of unsold tickets, why not let someone sell it for less in order to recoup some of what they spent? Is there a way for scalpers to bend the rules on that? 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    JojoRice said:
    GW2553 said:
    SHZA said:

Which maybe someone smarter than me fan explain as to why? 10C already got their money. Instead of unsold tickets, why not let someone sell it for less in order to recoup some of what they spent? Is there a way for scalpers to bend the rules on that? 
    Because that would be undercutting the TM standard and premium tickets that have not sold yet. 
  • PJNB said:
    JojoRice said:
    GW2553 said:
    SHZA said:

Because that would be undercutting the TM standard and premium tickets that have not sold yet. 
    Yeah that makes sense. But just like TM will drop prices as the show approaches, the 10C should let you lower the price on their tix as well. Say 3 days before the show, let the member se their own price. Will never happen, I know. But at least you'd have more people in seats. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    It's not 10c's call. PJ management and Ticketmaster have negotiated these terms. They want to sell as many tickets as possible.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    PJNB said:
    JojoRice said:
    GW2553 said:
    SHZA said:

Yeah that makes sense. But just like TM will drop prices as the show approaches, the 10C should let you lower the price on their tix as well. Say 3 days before the show, let the member se their own price. Will never happen, I know. But at least you'd have more people in seats. 
    Besides Premiums I have never seen TM drop standard prices the last couple of tours for arena shows. Maybe I am wrong on that. I have seen them play with fees making the standards look cheaper vs resales. 
  • JimmyV said:
    It's not 10c's call. PJ management and Ticketmaster have negotiated these terms. They want to sell as many tickets as possible.
    Do you not think PJ management should have 10c in mind with any negotiations as part of the band? They have in the past.
    PJNB said:
    JojoRice said:
    GW2553 said:
    SHZA said:

I guess its all a bit of a gamble

Its just a bit shitty that TM can sell for whatever price they want despite being the primary ticket seller (shady as fuck) yet god forbid a fan can ( Although I am very supportive of fans only ever helping other fans out at face).....there just seems to be a layer of rank hypocrisy in play.

But its clear premium pricing is hear to say and its a total stain on the industry
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    I can't even believe it's legal for TM to be their own scalper. It's completely insane to me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    PJ_Soul said:
    I can't even believe it's legal for TM to be their own scalper. It's completely insane to me.
    They also control a large majority of the venues thanks to the Live Nation merger, so competition is restricted. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123

JimmyV said:
    Do you not think PJ management should have 10c in mind with any negotiations as part of the band? They have in the past.

I think they do, but I also think they have instructions to bring in certain amounts of profit. Its a balance. They do some things unexpectedly well - arranging a second ticket lottery for the rescheduled 2020 shows in 2022 stands out. The F2F face value thing...not so well.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,332
    JimmyV said:
    No coincidence the shift came when Kelly Curtis "retired".  probably the reason he left.  I'm guessing the band made the decision to go in this direction and KC didn't want to?  Turns out he was the one fighting for the fans?  It probably devestates him to see what is happening now.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    E.K said:
    For the Australian tour in 2009 it was GA only for Ten Club members.  Now this tour I have to sweat it out wondering if I'll be standing or seated.  I don't want to be stuck in a seat all night.  That's not how I roll when it comes to PJ.

They're playing massive outdoor stadiums in Oz - I'd be amazed if all the Australian TC fans (plus overseas travellers) would fill even half of the standing space at those venues.
    I meant that in 2009 if you bought Ten Club tickets you only got given a GA ticket.  There were no seated tickets offered to Ten Club members.  Anyway I got my email today and received the ticket I wanted.  Golden Circle Standing at the Gold Coast show.  

Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• I was fortunate enough to get Manchester GA pit standing as I'd hoped for. After reading this thread and some others am i correct to believe that I've just spent £330 through my 10c to basically just be in Normal GA standing ? I've no issue with normal standing and we'll have a blast regardless but I thought I was onto something special.
    I was fortunate enough to get Manchester GA pit standing as I'd hoped for. After reading this thread and some others am i correct to believe that I've just spent £330 through my 10c to basically just be in Normal GA standing ? I've no issue with normal standing and we'll have a blast regardless but I thought I was onto something special.
    Thats correct, we may get early entry, we may not. Either way you have tickets in hand that are, for me anyway, the best in the building. You really couldnt ask for anymore
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    E.K said:
    E.K said:

I meant that in 2009 if you bought Ten Club tickets you only got given a GA ticket.  There were no seated tickets offered to Ten Club members.  Anyway I got my email today and received the ticket I wanted.  Golden Circle Standing at the Gold Coast show.  

Do you have a map of GC in GC venue? 
    Although no GA only, at least not shut out of gig with seats. Guess that would cause a mass exodus.
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    edited February 19
    While we are at it, why don't we add even more tiers. That won't be complicated at all

GA railbirds
    GA don't care about the rail
    GA or reserved floor
    GA or reserved but not reserved floor
    GA + reserved any
    Reserved aisle only
    Reserved section by bathroom
    Reserved 100 level only
    Reserved 100 level aisle
    Reserved 100 level not floor aisle by bathroom
    Reserved not by bathroom
    Reserved upper level only