Why no GA only option??? It sucks!

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    PB11041 said:
    The GA or bust position is just amazing to me. If you only want to be in the GA section and other seats are beneath you don't enter the lottery. 
    Not calling you a liar, but it being "amazing" for someone would really amaze me - with there having been a GA and a SEATED option for forever (4ever). And not a "GA but perhaps who knows a SEATED".

I doubt it really amazes you. but who knows.
    no it does amaze me, but I totally unamazed that you are willing to pick a fight about it because that seems to float your boat about every topic on this forum.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

axeljohan said:
    PB11041 said:
    The GA or bust position is just amazing to me. If you only want to be in the GA section and other seats are beneath you don't enter the lottery.   The way it is now, if you have joined the fanclub last week, you could stand just as good a chance as getting GA as a member from 1991.  Deal with it.  
    They are asking around 175 Eur for a ticket. It would be great if I know whether I spend this kind of money for a place near the stage or somewhere in a stadium. I am sure it makes a difference for some.
    Welcome to the prices US fans have been paying going back to 2018.  You are now part of universe.

Zod said:
    PB11041 said:
    The GA or bust position is just amazing to me. If you only want to be in the GA section and other seats are beneath you don't enter the lottery.   The way it is now, if you have joined the fanclub last week, you could stand just as good a chance as getting GA as a member from 1991.  Deal with it.  

I think there's another way to look at it.   With the premium ticket changes and what not, if you don't end up in GA, even with seniority you could end up with pretty mediocre/bad seats.

I also think it says, I'd like to put in for GA, but if I can't get GA, I'd rather take my chances with ticketmaster and/or fan2fan.

I can't really say how all this is going down, but I feel like, unless your in one of the crazy demand markets like New York where tickets are really hard to come by, I'm not sure you really need a fan club membership just to obtain nosebleeds?

I'm not saying this is good or bad, but I think that's the counterargument.    If you were buying tickets off TM, you kind of get to choose if you want the location and price point.  With 10c, your doing a blind bid on tickets and they could end up being pretty bad.

With all the other concerts I go to.  If I can't pull up good tickets at the regular onsale, I don't buy the tickets.  I bookmark the regular onsale webpage, and routinely check for ticket drops and what not, and buy better tickets later on.
    if people's tenclub memberships are so bad that they end up in nosebleeds that is a bummer, but at the same time they have an option to be in the building.  I am not opting for second tier seating.  but that is the choice I am willing to make and it likely will hurt my odds.  But shooting for GA only in most instances are the worst odds possible.  If people are dissatisfied completely by sitting in the 100s, or floor sections behind GA that is just nuts to me.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    PB11041 said:
    Zod said:
    PB11041 said:

I think there's another way to look at it.   With the premium ticket changes and what not, if you don't end up in GA, even with seniority you could end up with pretty mediocre/bad seats.

I also think it says, I'd like to put in for GA, but if I can't get GA, I'd rather take my chances with ticketmaster and/or fan2fan.

I can't really say how all this is going down, but I feel like, unless your in one of the crazy demand markets like New York where tickets are really hard to come by, I'm not sure you really need a fan club membership just to obtain nosebleeds?

I'm not saying this is good or bad, but I think that's the counterargument.    If you were buying tickets off TM, you kind of get to choose if you want the location and price point.  With 10c, your doing a blind bid on tickets and they could end up being pretty bad.

With all the other concerts I go to.  If I can't pull up good tickets at the regular onsale, I don't buy the tickets.  I bookmark the regular onsale webpage, and routinely check for ticket drops and what not, and buy better tickets later on.
    if people's tenclub memberships are so bad that they end up in nosebleeds that is a bummer, but at the same time they have an option to be in the building.  I am not opting for second tier seating.  but that is the choice I am willing to make and it likely will hurt my odds.  But shooting for GA only in most instances are the worst odds possible.  If people are dissatisfied completely by sitting in the 100s, or floor sections behind GA that is just nuts to me.
    The only show I put in for was Chicago 2. I chose GA or P1, which with me having a higher number could mean getting tickets that aren't  great if I don't get picked for GA. It would probably make sense to just wait for verified sale or F2F so that I can control what seats I get, however I want to take a shot at GA. In the end, my wife and I are pretty low maintenance and will enjoy the show from wherever we end up. 
    PB11041 said:
    Zod said:
    PB11041 said:

The only show I put in for was Chicago 2. I chose GA or P1, which with me having a higher number could mean getting tickets that aren't  great if I don't get picked for GA. It would probably make sense to just wait for verified sale or F2F so that I can control what seats I get, however I want to take a shot at GA. In the end, my wife and I are pretty low maintenance and will enjoy the show from wherever we end up. 
    true, but you also have exactly the same odds as getting GA for that show, as any member no matter when they began, so that is the upside the absolute best possible seats are non number driven, it is just luck of the draw.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Zod said:
    PB11041 said:

true, but you also have exactly the same odds as getting GA for that show, as any member no matter when they began, so that is the upside the absolute best possible seats are non number driven, it is just luck of the draw.
    That is where the hope comes in!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited February 15
    PB11041 said:

But the seats are mostly pretty bad seats for the price. That's the big problem. 10C reserved mostly aren't the best in the house anymore (a small number of long-time members will get good ones). Those are now for those who can afford premium tickets. The whole thing is pretty BS if you ask me. They absolutely should still have a GA only option, when the alternative puts fan club members in the rafters for the SAME PRICE, and at the same time crippling the fan club members' ability to even sell the bad reserved tix they don't want, since they aren't good tickets and cost too much. There is nothing about this new method that isn't worse for 10C members. The result is clear: so many members are saying they aren't even going to register for the 10C sale because of this and just stick with the general sale, which makes their membership pretty damn useless. I feel like PJ are shooting themselves in the feet here.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 887
    edited February 15
    I hate even dipping my toe into this conversation as everyone has differing (but pretty close) views on this...especially if we have watched the degredation of seat locations over the years.  For me the F2F option has made this "GA or lower seats" selection pretty simple.  If you hate your seats it is easy to place them into the F2F portal to sell them to someone who doesn't mind being "in the house".  You have to put your name into the hat for the GA tickets though... "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take".  For me it is completely worth it to remain a 10C member for the potential of getting a GA ticket...
    I know that it won't have any bearing, but I did finally (luckily?) get GA seats to the cancelled Sacramento (hometown) show.  I am not sure that lightning will strike twice and that I will be awarded those tickets again....but I am crossing my fingers that it does.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    I put in for 11 shows.

Realistically I hope to get 3 or 4. Indeed, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
    edited February 15
    I hate even dipping my toe into this conversation as everyone has differing (but pretty close) views on this...especially if we have watched the degredation of seat locations over the years.  For me the F2F option has made this "GA or lower seats" selection pretty simple.  If you hate your seats it is easy to place them into the F2F portal to sell them to someone who doesn't mind being "in the house".  You have to put your name into the hat for the GA tickets though... "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take".  For me it is completely worth it to remain a 10C member for the potential of getting a GA ticket...
    I know that it won't have any bearing, but I did finally (luckily?) get GA seats to the cancelled Sacramento (hometown) show.  I am not sure that lightning will strike twice and that I will be awarded those tickets again....but I am crossing my fingers that it does.
    Yeah, I'm just tossing in in case I get GA. I'm okay with not having GA, but I'm not okay with having a bad seat, so I'm really concerned about how this is going to pan out for me. I might end up buying a premium seat (and there is nothing wrong with wanting a really great seat for your favourite band who you haven't seen live in 11 years), and then find myself unable to sell my 10C single up in the rafters for what I paid... If I don't get GA, the likelihood of me losing money is pretty high. I know these are my decisions, but it does suck that a 10C member is put in the position to worry about this at all. 

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    Keep it and people will complain how they were completely shut out for all their lottery picks.

Damned of they do, damned if they don't.
    That right there....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    It is easy to place them in the F2F portal, but there's no guarantee that they'll sell. There were plenty of unsold F2F uppers last year and even lowers for the 2022 California shows. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited February 15
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    The GA or bust position is just amazing to me. If you only want to be in the GA section and other seats are beneath you don't enter the lottery. 
    Not calling you a liar, but it being "amazing" for someone would really amaze me - with there having been a GA and a SEATED option for forever (4ever). And not a "GA but perhaps who knows a SEATED".

I doubt it really amazes you. but who knows.
    no it does amaze me, but I totally unamazed that you are willing to pick a fight about it because that seems to float your boat about every topic on this forum.
    Hmm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Aside from Chicago last year - two arena shows in a city where they have repeatedly sold out a ballpark - I don't know that fans have actually ended up in the rafters. Maybe a little farther back, but I don't know that anyone here has really gotten the worst seats anywhere other than in the United Center. 

That said...the MSG and LA maps this tour are shit. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    There is a GA only option: 

1. Don't enter the lottery. 
    2. Stalk fan to fan. 
    3. Wait for GA to pop up and buy 
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,987
    SHZA said:

2. Stalk fan to fan. 
    4. Lose tickets to SHZA
    5. Try again
    6. See #4
    FIxed it :grin:
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas | 2024-08-31 Chicago
    edited February 15
    jwhjr17 said:
    SHZA said:

2. Stalk fan to fan. 
    4. Lose tickets to SHZA
    5. Try again
    6. See #4
    FIxed it :grin:
    Touché  =)
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    SHZA said:

2. Stalk fan to fan. 

THIS!! THAT SIMPLE!
    True. Yet another reason to not go through the 10C sale and ditch the membership altogether. Hmmm. I'm not giving up membership myself, but I sure do get why people would. Surely PJ doesn't actually want to drive people away from their fan club?
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    PJ_Soul said:
    True. Yet another reason to not go through the 10C sale and ditch the membership altogether. Hmmm. I'm not giving up membership myself, but I sure do get why people would. Surely PJ doesn't actually want to drive people away from their fan club?
    and i think that the real change is, given that PJ is not 80 years old and likely to tour again at least i think 3-5 times, to better enjoy future tours, to step out this time, massively, send a message, and get things better, or at least not worse next tour. We can't expect not 10c members to think like this, but we should.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited February 15
    PJ_Soul said:
    Doubt they care if the make enough on the price hikes on the ones remaining. Tenclub doesn't really feel like a living breathing creative thing.

This tour feels like a Clive Barker written nightmare... like they got thrown into a whole new system at last minute without having time to think it through... It feels like a shitty backup plan hold together by tape and string. Like they got fooled and stuck with shit. No way they would have wanted this system instead of the former one unless it is all, all, all, all about money and nothing, nothing, nothing about the fans.

So, some NAIVE part of me think they will fix this for the next tour. But... yeah, no
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SHZA said:
    It is easy to place them in the F2F portal, but there's no guarantee that they'll sell. There were plenty of unsold F2F uppers last year and even lowers for the 2022 California shows. 
    Thanks for that info-I didn't realize that F2F tickets weren't selling at some venues. That certainly would cause me to at least think twice about my choice...

Couple of things:
    1.  This is a reason to not put in for "all tickets" if you aren't certainly going to the show regardless of your seat position--stay solely with GA and lower level
    2. Anyone who failed to purchase a F2F for the Dave Krusen Fresno show (lowers) missed a hell of a show.

• ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    PJ_Soul said:
    Tenclub doesn't really feel like a living breathing creative thing.

At this point, it doesn't incur any costs, giving us a bootleg code is just a matter of getting a computer to generate them. It's not like when they produced magazines and vinyl. 

What it does do, at the very minimum, is give the Pearl Jam Inc (for want of a better term) a guaranteed income each year. If there's still 100k of us that's $3m for no real output. That must go a long way toward covering the staffing costs etc. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    I believe one of the main reasons there is no 'GA only' anymore is because of all the people who created multiple/fake/duplicate 10c memberships in order to flood the 'GA only' lotteries.  Now most of those accounts get the worst 10c tickets with the new system so perhaps it cuts down on this buffoonery.

Since PJ only seems to play their favorite cities for the most part, or add a few lesser played cities as part of a shorter tour, they have little risk of not selling out their shows so i don't think the GA/Reserved requirement is done purely to 'sell more tickets'.

I wish they'd price 10c GA tickets closer to market ($400 or something like that) in order to fund cheaper nosebleeds for the fans, regardless of how they conduct the lottery.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    For the Australian tour in 2009 it was GA only for Ten Club members.  Now this tour I have to sweat it out wondering if I'll be standing or seated.  I don't want to be stuck in a seat all night.  That's not how I roll when it comes to PJ.

Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

PJ_Soul said:
    PB11041 said:

But the seats are mostly pretty bad seats for the price. That's the big problem. 10C reserved mostly aren't the best in the house anymore (a small number of long-time members will get good ones). Those are now for those who can afford premium tickets. The whole thing is pretty BS if you ask me. They absolutely should still have a GA only option, when the alternative puts fan club members in the rafters for the SAME PRICE, and at the same time crippling the fan club members' ability to even sell the bad reserved tix they don't want, since they aren't good tickets and cost too much. There is nothing about this new method that isn't worse for 10C members. The result is clear: so many members are saying they aren't even going to register for the 10C sale because of this and just stick with the general sale, which makes their membership pretty damn useless. I feel like PJ are shooting themselves in the feet here.
    I had plenty of good seats in 2022 and 2023.  And the no GA only option was put into play when the 2022 postponed 2020 show was back in line.  I ended up with GA for Las Vegas (cancelled) and Quebec.  I had not had GA tickets since that was added back in to shows in NA. All the years I have been in this club I had not been in GA since 1996 in Toronto. I have had good seats some years, great seats other years and pretty consistently great in the last two.  In between that I got shutout all the time.  IF the issue is that high numbers don't get you premium seats I get that, but some people have been at this a long time and when things did not come up roses, they are still around.

• MOTSyMOTSy Posts: 10
    Just went to enter for Manchester and noticed that the whole floor is being classed as 'pit'! Could this be a mistake?

2006 Dublin
    2007 London
    2008 EV Berkeley 1 & 2
    2010 Dublin / Belfast
    2017 EV London 1 & 2
    2019 EV Dublin
    2022 Zurich / London 2
  • MOTSyMOTSy Posts: 10
    It's the same for Barcelona, seriously?!

2006 Dublin
    2007 London
    2008 EV Berkeley 1 & 2
    2010 Dublin / Belfast
    2017 EV London 1 & 2
    2019 EV Dublin
    2022 Zurich / London 2
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    I put in my requests today for all the shows from Vancouver through Seattle. It seems clear to me from looking at those maps that the places where some of the lower-bowl sections are being held back are venue-driven, not artist-driven. If withholding those seats is about maximizing PJ Premium revenue for the band and/or Ticketmaster, then why wouldn't they be doing the same thing in Vancouver, Portland, Sacramento and Las Vegas? (They aren't withholding seats in those venues, but they are in L.A. and at MSG.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,097
    MOTSy said:
    It's the same for Barcelona, seriously?!

In Europe the whole floor is nearly always GA. Just depends on demand and allocation of tickets as to whether you’ll get in there
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder