Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,814
    If you selected GA/P1 for a show in the Northeast and did not get tickets that is because you chose the tickets with the lowest likelihood of success and the highest demand. It is really that simple.

It sucks the individual lotteries resulted in some getting a bunch of shows while others got nothing, but there is always something to complain about with 10c ticket sales.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    BF25394 said:
    MS52945 said:
    Another shit show of a lottery.  Apparently there isn’t a reason that have a fan club membership anymore.
    Why do so many people have trouble with this? The membership gives you access to the lottery. It does not guarantee you success in the lottery. Your best chance to get the best seats is through the lottery. If you are not in the fan club, you do not get that chance. You can take your chances in the general onsale, or on F2F drops, but both of those options will offer fewer of the best seats available.
    The issue people have with this is that being a paid member of the fan club used to damn near guarantee you tickets.  But every year the 10C keeps changing the lottery.  Last year they dropped the GA only option.  This year they dropped the priority selection (because apparently for some people it was too confusing.  LOL).  So now it is a completely random "shit show." 

I don't think people have trouble understanding this.  But people like you probably put in for 25 shows and get 17 of them.  When some people put in for one show and get zero so therefore the frustration is in some way valid.  So enjoy the air up there buddy. 
    People are repeatedly complaining that their membership is worthless and that their seniority didn't guarantee them tickets that it never guaranteed, so it's pretty clear that quite a few people are having trouble understanding this. Being a paid member of the fan club never "damn near guaranteed" you tickets. That is selective memory at work. Go back through this message board and you will find threads of people lamenting their lack of success in previous lotteries. This is your first post, so perhaps you're not aware of this.

I have had good results in the lottery some years, and bad results in others. I can relate to being disappointed that I did not get what I wanted in the lottery. What I can't relate to is people who seem to think that membership and/or seniority entitle them to tickets. It doesn't, and it never did. When I lose the lottery, I move on to the next option for procuring tickets.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • teagletonteagleton Posts: 8
    edited February 22
    Did anyone get their ticket request fulfilled but commemorative ticket requests unfulfilled? 

Post edited by teagleton on
  • teagleton said:
    Did anyone get their ticket request fulfilled but commemorative ticket requests unfulfilled?

Yes, someone on the official lottery thread did and posted a pic.
  • Frezzy777 said:
    teagleton said:

Yes, someone on the official lottery thread did and posted a pic.
    Thanks. That is so bizarre
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,951
    Anyone that's going to the Baltimore show, going to Springsteen the next night?

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Lifelong Pearl Jam fan but a real person who works a normal job and doesn’t have the resources to travel the world with the band requested 2 shows only both in my city cause that is what I can barely afford and didn’t win either pisses me off that all the money I spent on this band means nothing and someone from Germany will be in my seat in my city seeing the band I love forever hurt by this I have always got tickets before what has changed I am not a greedy person just wanted to go see them in my city now unfortunately I will be priced out seriously questioning my membership and resources moving forward can’t help but feel left out 
  • I’ve been a Ten Club member for OVER TWO DECADES and yet did not get a ticket for the two cities I entered (Baltimore and Philly). Incredibly disappointing. Seems like seniority no longer makes a difference? I’ve never been denied tickets before, going back decades. What a bummer. Not going to renew my membership. 
    2013: Baltimore, Los Angeles (1&2), Seattle
    2009: Los Angeles (1,2,3,4)
    2008: Los Angeles (1&2)
    2003: Los Angeles (1&2)
    2000: Maryland
    1998: Washington, DC
  • Re: all the general complaining--i.e., not in response to a specific post--

I remember the good ole days of desperately trying to get through to theTicketmaster line for PJ shows that sold out in a matter of minutes, as I would learn when I finally did get through (the routine was: call, get a busy signal, hang up, call back, repeat), and waiting in lines that extended multiple blocks from the venue or kiosk and not getting any that way either.

I don't know whether other bands and artists offer lotteries like ours, but I'd be surprised if it is common.

We are all lucky to have this benefit, among others, as members. I am grateful that I got tickets. I would be devasted if I hadn't, like I was so many times when I was younger, so I understand the sadness and disappointment some of you are feeling but I don't think the complaints are fair. I'm sure there would be far fewer Ten Club members at the shows without the advantage of the lottery, especially for others like I who aren't wealthy.
  • BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    MS52945 said:
    Another shit show of a lottery.  Apparently there isn’t a reason that have a fan club membership anymore.
    Why do so many people have trouble with this? The membership gives you access to the lottery. It does not guarantee you success in the lottery. Your best chance to get the best seats is through the lottery. If you are not in the fan club, you do not get that chance. You can take your chances in the general onsale, or on F2F drops, but both of those options will offer fewer of the best seats available.
    The issue people have with this is that being a paid member of the fan club used to damn near guarantee you tickets.  But every year the 10C keeps changing the lottery.  Last year they dropped the GA only option.  This year they dropped the priority selection (because apparently for some people it was too confusing.  LOL).  So now it is a completely random "shit show." 

I don't think people have trouble understanding this.  But people like you probably put in for 25 shows and get 17 of them.  When some people put in for one show and get zero so therefore the frustration is in some way valid.  So enjoy the air up there buddy. 
    People are repeatedly complaining that their membership is worthless and that their seniority didn't guarantee them tickets that it never guaranteed, so it's pretty clear that quite a few people are having trouble understanding this. Being a paid member of the fan club never "damn near guaranteed" you tickets. That is selective memory at work. Go back through this message board and you will find threads of people lamenting their lack of success in previous lotteries. This is your first post, so perhaps you're not aware of this.

I have had good results in the lottery some years, and bad results in others. I can relate to being disappointed that I did not get what I wanted in the lottery. What I can't relate to is people who seem to think that membership and/or seniority entitle them to tickets. It doesn't, and it never did. When I lose the lottery, I move on to the next option for procuring tickets.
    I am sure you are right but that was never my experience. At one point, I thought tickets were not allocated to the public until fan club request were filled.  Then maybe the fan club tickets were limited and rewarded by seniority for shows. 

Maybe this is just the shock of not getting tickets for the first time since joining in the 90s. I would have expected something more equitable for the fan club members than a random draw where you can request multiple shows. 
  • chalonchalon Posts: 114
    Been a member for 20 years. I think the only time I ever got all the tickets I requested was for the two home shows in 2018, other than that I win some and lose some.

This time I got Vegas 1/2 but didn’t get LA 1/2 (my home town). But that’s fine, super confident I will be able to get some for face value if not on Friday then through F2F. Honestly it’s better than in the past because I don’t have to worry about having to pay 2-3x face value for tickets on the 2ndary market.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    So people who have gotten tickets every time they wanted them for years and now are missing getting them one time are throwing fits and threatening to quit the club. Seems like a reasonable response. I. Wonder if all the  years that they were winning tickets, did they ever care when they read about people complaining that they didn’t get tickets?
  • PJmontanaPJmontana Posts: 9
    edited February 22
    i'm so sad, this amex rejection is a lot of misery that none of us deserve. i had a bad feeling and at least it's now now it's confirmed. sad.
    Post edited by PJmontana on
    yo....a future elderly woman behind the counter in a small town
  • I feel grateful that this band still tours. To me that is dedication to the fans. But not just the fans: it is also dedication to all the causes and people that benefit from the money they earn when they tour. I'm just a simple country geologist that loves to see live music but my guess is that none of the band members need to make more money, or do the work it takes to tour, in order to support their own families.

The music is amazing, The shows are an experience we all cherish. Expectations are a bitch.

Mountain View, California (November 01, 1992); Mountain View, California (October 01, 1994); Mountain View, California (October 02, 1994); Mountain View, California (October 19, 1996); Mountain View, California (October 20, 1996); Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999); Mountain View, California (October 31, 1999); Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001); Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001); Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003); Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003); Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006); Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006); Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010); Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010); Oakland (May 12, 2022); Oakland (May 13, 2022); Fresno (May 16, 2022); Portland, OR (May 10, 2024); Sacramento, CA (May 13, 2024); Los Angeles, CA (May 21, 2024); Los Angeles, CA (May 22, 2024); Seattle, WA (May 28, 2024); Seattle, WA (May 30, 2024)

• Can't wait till the seat location emails start rolling out, that should really heat this place up. 

The lotto had some issues, no doubt the randomness wasn't as random as it should have been given the amount of n1/n2 and GA repeats. But it's a lotto, it's up to chance. It's is what it is. Has nothing to do with how long you've been in 10c etc... while the band needs to take care of those life long fans, they have to spread the wealth to the newer fans. It is what it is. 

I took a gamble and only went for ga/p1 on msg and Seattle, figured if I got p2 I wouldn't travel for it so never put in for those, knew if I struck out, I'd be able to get my pj fix via registered sale if chosen or f2f down the road, for at least one or two of the shows. I won MSG night 2, never expected that in a million years. (Also won seating in Vancouver , but I don't count it in this feud, the whole building was available for seats.- only entered for the chance at GA). I've won Wrigley in the past(terrible seats based on seniority, GA in Nashville, terrible seats for Austin in the rafters, that I f2f my way to first row behind GA center stage and 3rd row side stage. I grabbed a PJ premium at a reasonable price a few years back in Quebec for first row side stage. I grabbed a last minute first row side stage in Ottawa in a day of show release. The point is, the lotto gives you a chance to win the opportunity to buy GA or a seat based on your senority. It rewards you senior people if you win. It's always worth entering for the chance at GA or if you have seniority. The lotto combined with the registered sale and f2f keep things reasonably priced across the board. Hell, I could even argue that PJ premium is reasonably priced compared to other acts. 

I do think there's a simple way to maybe bring everyone together. Maybe everyone in 10c who didn't win the lotto, gets a registered sale code/invite, or at the very least someone with x number of years or more in the club gets one.

But maybe one day soon we won't even have to have these discussions, if the band stops touring and does a residency.
  • BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    MS52945 said:

I am sure you are right but that was never my experience. At one point, I thought tickets were not allocated to the public until fan club request were filled.  Then maybe the fan club tickets were limited and rewarded by seniority for shows. 

Maybe this is just the shock of not getting tickets for the first time since joining in the 90s. I would have expected something more equitable for the fan club members than a random draw where you can request multiple shows. 
    They used to show the exact odds for each specific date. How could you be a member since the 90s and not once notice that? It's a lottery, we're all bound to lose eventually. I've only been a member for a few years now but have had luck previously and now missed out. That's how it works. 
  • OMG I won Vegas!!!! I can't believe it!!! I was so shut out the last time (not that it mattered!) but i NEVER THOUGHT ID WIN VEGAS- MY HUSBAND IS GOING TO KILLLL ME :) 
  • OOF- Really thought I was coming to a happy place- given I'm the unluckiest person figured it meant everyone won- don't know (in PJ terms) how exclusive Vegas was (if at all) I just really wanted my first time there to be THEM :) I know how it feels tho- was shocked I got NOTHING last time- thought Ten club ENSURED at least one of the selections- didn't know until then it could very well mean none ... I'm sure you'll get there- we have a community here and I've ALWAYS found a way...I ALSO DONT CARE WHERE I SIT OR STAND IL TAKE ANYWHERE 
  • mickf29mickf29 Posts: 33
    Super happy! Did I get all I wanted? Nope but I got half and that’s cool. And been a 10c member for quite a while but certainly not the longest here. But still super stoked to be seeing in Portland and Missoula! And this was the way to beat the bots and scalpers mostly. 
    1995 Club Moe w/Neil Young Seattle WA
    1996 Key Arena Seattle WA
    2000 Mesa Del Sol Albuquerque
    2005 Gorge Amphitheater WA
    2005 Clark County Amphitheater Portland OR (Vancouver WA)
    2006 Arlene Schnitzer Hall Portland OR
    2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden NJ
    2009 Outside Lands Golden Gate Park SF CA
    2011 Ottawa w Mudhoney
    2014 Big Day Out Gold Coast Australia
    2022 Ohana Festival Dana Point CA
    2024 Portland Moda Center
    2024 Missoula Grizzly Stadium
  • mickf29mickf29 Posts: 33
    by the way, if they went by seniority in 10 club, the stadiums be filled with a bunch of geriatrics like me! Nobody wants to see that!
    1995 Club Moe w/Neil Young Seattle WA
    1996 Key Arena Seattle WA
    2000 Mesa Del Sol Albuquerque
    2005 Gorge Amphitheater WA
    2005 Clark County Amphitheater Portland OR (Vancouver WA)
    2006 Arlene Schnitzer Hall Portland OR
    2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden NJ
    2009 Outside Lands Golden Gate Park SF CA
    2011 Ottawa w Mudhoney
    2014 Big Day Out Gold Coast Australia
    2022 Ohana Festival Dana Point CA
    2024 Portland Moda Center
    2024 Missoula Grizzly Stadium
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    Jason7192 said:
    jhulud said:
    Dfite731 said:
    Someone probably already mentioned, but are seat assignments expected to be released before Ticketmaster sale? Seems unfair if it doesn’t… 
    It's been mentioned that 10C Tx Request seat assignments will be released sometime in late March into April. 
    Where did you get the March/April date? The timeline FAQ says we'll get the email with seat assignments by end of day on Friday 2/23.

In the request confirmation for Berlin it says:

"What Happens Next? We will email you instructions to view your tickets in a separate email."

In the request confirmation for Manchester it says:

"What Happens Next? We will email you instructions to view your tickets in a separate email prior to 1 April."
  • So I just joined the fan club last year. I went 1 for 7 in the lottery. My only hit was P1 tickets for MSG night 2. I struck out on Seattle, Philly, Baltimore, and night 1 of NY obviously. Wish I would have put in for Chicago but am happy to hit anything, let alone MSG. My four other buddies went 0 for 7, 0 for 5, 0 for 2, and 3 for 7. 
  • on2legs said:
    Anyone that's going to the Baltimore show, going to Springsteen the next night?

Awesome! We'll be in town through monday!
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    edited February 22
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    MS52945 said:

Then please explain what the benefit is of being a 10c member, paying a decent sum year after year? $40 a year to have a CHANCE at getting a ticket which now might be in the worst spots of the arena is not what I signed up for and apparently many others did not. No one expected a guarantee, but surely something better then what has occurred this tour.

Post edited by chitty on
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    edited February 22
    Get_Right said:
    If you selected GA/P1 for a show in the Northeast and did not get tickets that is because you chose the tickets with the lowest likelihood of success and the highest demand. It is really that simple.

It sucks the individual lotteries resulted in some getting a bunch of shows while others got nothing, but there is always something to complain about with 10c ticket sales.

If I lived in northeast there is no way I am continuing my 10c membership. I am saving the $40 a year and using that to buy secondary market tickets when PJ tours my city every few years, assuming I can't get tickets on regular on sale. This way I at least know what seat I am getting. 
    I will stop complaining after this post, but really the value of 10c is gone
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    I’ve been a Ten Club member for OVER TWO DECADES and yet did not get a ticket for the two cities I entered (Baltimore and Philly). Incredibly disappointing. Seems like seniority no longer makes a difference? I’ve never been denied tickets before, going back decades. What a bummer. Not going to renew my membership. 
    Seniority has never made a difference; that's why it's a lottery. Seating arrangements are still done by seniority though.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,814
    chitty said:
    Get_Right said:

If I lived in northeast there is no way I am continuing my 10c membership. I am saving the $40 a year and using that to buy secondary market tickets when PJ tours my city every few years, assuming I can't get tickets on regular on sale. This way I at least know what seat I am getting. 

I have a decent number so it is worth the membership fee for a chance at tickets and to keep my seniority.  I have learned to pick smart and have decent luck through the 10c sales. Whatever I have paid has been worth it for the great seats I have had including winning  front row seats twice to Ed's solo shows. They also treated me very well at the last Camden show. It is worth it to me, it is not a lot of money.
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 723
    edited February 22
    chitty said:
    Get_Right said:

I do live in the Northeast. This is by far my best shot at tickets. Is it perfect? Hell no. But nothing will be.

at this point in their career they just do  not play enough shows to meet demand. And that’s fine, they’ve earned that. But there are not enough shows for everyone who wants a ticket. So any system they use will leave some people out. They should absolutely bring back priority, but that wouldn’t be a magic bullet. They play less than 40 shows in a huge year for them, less than 10 in a slow one. There aren’t enough tickets for everyone.
  • How and when do you sign up for the F2F to BUY tix on Ticketmaster?  Their site was not very clear on this. Thx in advance.
  • Yay! Got tix for Boston! I've been locked out on past sales. Maybe it's not so random?? Anyways, my cc has been charged but ticketmaster says I have no tickets. Is ticketmaster now going to play some game where they give the good seats to the general public so they can charge more? Luckily every seat in Fenway Park is awesome. But, not knowing the seats still seems a bit unfair. But, I'll take what I can get! 
    THANKS PEARL JAM!!