Options

New Album "Dark Matter" Out April 19, 2024

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,066

yeah, I'll take my gamble with the indie stores. what a joke. $118 CDN for one record. hahahaha
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,394
    edited February 13

yeah, I'll take my gamble with the indie stores. what a joke. $118 CDN for one record. hahahaha

That's so wierd.  I ordered 3 items and the shipping was $18ish to Canada, which I thought was really good:

Edit:  Someone point out in other thread that I missed shipping rates going up overnight.  That sucks, feel for everyone.  I hope the massive increase in shipping isn't permanent.   Shipping to Canada has been pretty reasonable for a while now.  Only the 2nd time in 25 years I've seen it that way.

Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,698

• Options
    VMAVMA Santiago, Chile Posts: 56

The shipping rate to Chile for the vinyl record is 70.52 more expensive than the vinyl itself. This is outrageous.

Remember the 90's when they were fighting against Ticketmaster for ticket prices, well this goes totally against that spirit.

• Options
    Zod said:

That's so wierd.  I ordered 3 items and the shipping was $18ish to Canada, which I thought was really good:

There must of been a glitch after we all went to bed late last night. I ordered 5 items at around 12am EST this morning. Shipping rate was pretty sweet from 10club.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,587
    GlowGirl said:
    It shows $27 to ship to the Midwest. I will be picking up a copy from my local shop.
    My shipping to NYC for the vinyl was $13.30. The $27 must be a glitch somewhere. I ordered last night. 
    New York privilege!! jk  ;)
  • Options
    B4idiejetsB4idiejets NJ Posts: 346
    McCready kills it in the new tune! Can't wait to hear the rest!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,460
    edited February 13
    demetrios said:

Nice! I thought about why Spotify hadn't updated with 2024 pics
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,715
    Zod said:

Edit:  Someone point out in other thread that I missed shipping rates going up overnight.  That sucks, feel for everyone.  I hope the massive increase in shipping isn't permanent.   Shipping to Canada has been pretty reasonable for a while now.  Only the 2nd time in 25 years I've seen it that way.

You lucky bastard  ...   LOL 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 315
    I understand that the cost of things is going up and up and up...but c'mon...sometimes & more and more often it's just becoming ridiculous. Fans are just getting priced out of all things. 
  • Options
    southerngardensoutherngarden Posts: 457
    edited February 13

I came in here to find out what the hell is going on with the shipping costs?!? 

They want $40 to ship vinyl to Florida? That can’t be right. Can it? 

This has to be a glitch. They need to fix this. 

Post edited by southerngarden on
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,365
    Shipping has already changed for me. Shows $13.30 for the vinyl, now. Was $28 earlier this morning.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    10club shipping price rates has been fixed!

• Options

They want $27.60 to ship a single record to Florida? That can’t be right. Can it? 

Shipping has always been a poop show with the 10C. 

My guess is... they don't do enough volume to be able to strike good enough deals with shippers... and as such, they get fleeced.  In the long run, 10C will make profit, the shippers will make loads of profit.    It's our price for wanting exclusive merch. 

Where I find myself a bit mystified is when folks on here show other bands and stores that ship the same stuff from the same location at a different (and lower) cost.    That's when I get frustrated... and mad ..... and swear not to buy a thing come hell or high water.....  

.... then I see that sweet red and black Dark Matter 10C vinyl...  and all rationale goes out the window and the greedy companies win.  Again. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    .... or they make a mistake LOL 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,834
    I think they realized, "Wait, there are people willing to buy three different versions of the same vinyl record just because they're different colors? These people will pay anything."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 315

They want $40 to ship vinyl to Florida? That can’t be right. Can it? 

This has to be a glitch. They need to fix this. 

It has to be a glitch. I'm in FL as well...but my shipping for the same exact order was $13.30. 
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,535
    "EACH ITEM WILL SHIP SEPARATELY AND THEREFORE BILLED INDIVIDUALLY FOR EACH ITEM"
  • Options
    I'm surprised the digital version doesn't have $10 shipping over the internet.
  • Options
    I love Dark Matter. So much better than the first track released from Gigaton.
  • Options
    DAVEPJDAVEPJ Posts: 15
    SO STOKED!!!!
    he'e nalu
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 825
    danofun said:
    1 song in and we already have the boys best tune in over a decade. Excited for 4/19!!
    Come on...this is a solid 7 out of 10, but Quick Escape is a solid 9 or maybe a 10.  
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,969
    Parksy said:

They want $27.60 to ship a single record to Florida? That can’t be right. Can it? 

Shipping has always been a poop show with the 10C. 

My guess is... they don't do enough volume to be able to strike good enough deals with shippers... and as such, they get fleeced.  In the long run, 10C will make profit, the shippers will make loads of profit.    It's our price for wanting exclusive merch. 

So, they get a worse rate than any regular person shipping? Doesn't make sense. I could probably ship a record to Florida with tracking and Priority Mail for $15. Media mail with tracking $5-$6 tops, I paid $13.30 shipping to California.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 484
    demetrios said:
    10club shipping price rates has been fixed!

All thanks to me.  It was $60US last night, I went to bed, woke up, and it was much more 'reasonable'

So yeah, sleep fixes everything.

You're welcome TenClub peeps.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    totally agree with the You Are sounding guitar effects being heard...I'm liking the harder vibe of this song...
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    I just cancelled my original order with the $27 shipping that I placed this morning for the 10C exclusive vinyl.

Then placed a new order got the $13 shipping this time.

Refund already issued, so all set!
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 805
    demetrios said:
    Canada

Only difference between is the colour for the D2C vinyl? And then red/black 10c variant from the official shop.  Should we expect anything different for the record store day version?   $64usd shipped from 10c for the red/black or $78cad shipped from umusic for the clear...
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 805
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

There must of been a glitch after we all went to bed late last night. I ordered 5 items at around 12am EST this morning. Shipping rate was pretty sweet from 10club.

Still comes up with $18.63 shipping to me in rural Ontario. *shrug  Will probably still skip the red/black 10c version and just buy whatever the store in town has on release day. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,081

RSD version
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,834
    danofun said:
    1 song in and we already have the boys best tune in over a decade. Excited for 4/19!!
    Come on...this is a solid 7 out of 10, but Quick Escape is a solid 9 or maybe a 10.  
    When I saw this post, I thought: " 'Quick Escape' would like a word. Not to mention 'Who Ever Said,' 'Getaway,' 'Pendulum' and several others." I dig "Dark Matter," but I think there's some recency bias in play here.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.