Options

Exclusive PJ listening party West Hollywood 1.31.24 - Confirmed DARK MATTER and wish I was there

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 677
    Kwieneke said:
    kmcmanus said:
    just_one said:
    Folks....the new single appears to be imminent...
    define imminent  =)
    Perhaps within days
    The long-rumored announcement date is in 6 days so yeah probably within 6 days
    Yeah I know about the tour stuff next week. Rumor is the single comes out this week though...
    tell me more...
    Check the Only Jeff knows thread.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,363
    Kwieneke said:
    kmcmanus said:
    just_one said:
    Folks....the new single appears to be imminent...
    define imminent  =)
    Perhaps within days
    The long-rumored announcement date is in 6 days so yeah probably within 6 days
    Yeah I know about the tour stuff next week. Rumor is the single comes out this week though...
    tell me more...
    Check the Only Jeff knows thread.
    forgot about that one. Thank you!
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,820
    Gibson said:
    MM70435 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my_wave said:
    Anyone else kinda depressed that people (mostly entitled elitists/etc)... have heard the entire album and we haven't gotten anything, not a single, name of the first single, album title, release date, artwork, (nothing official for any of the above anyways) literally nothing, almost like they don't care, not that they have too, but it's kinda depressing knowing people have heard it and hardcore fans are just sitting here waiting knowing there's a finished album people have already heard... I'd be more hyped if there was even just an official announcement to the fans, but there's nothing... and I'm holding off on listening to the 'bootleg'... I guess I'm old school and prefer to hear the official release,... life is hard for a lot of people right now and feeling like your favorite band doesn't care kinda sucks, maybe I'm just having a bad day... or maybe it's just me, but for me it's depressing... sure I'll delete this when we hear something,... 

the waiting drove me mad...
    torture follows reward follows torture...
    No. It’s not like waiting for vs to drop in 1993.  Listen to one of their studio albums or bootlegs to pass the time.  
    Did albums "drop" back in 1993?  It seems like everything used to be "released" and then all of a sudden maybe 10 or so years ago the term "released" was replaced with "dropped".
    I wondered the same. I feel like "dropping" an album became a term with streaming services and popular music. I know there's more logic to it than my inkling, but I also remember "releasing albums" to be the phrasing.
    Releasing an album is traditional.

Dropping an album was used when there's little to no advance announcement. 

But now drop has slowly become more common as its meaning has become washed out. 
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 679
    edited February 7
    Gibson said:
    MM70435 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my_wave said:
    Anyone else kinda depressed that people (mostly entitled elitists/etc)... have heard the entire album and we haven't gotten anything, not a single, name of the first single, album title, release date, artwork, (nothing official for any of the above anyways) literally nothing, almost like they don't care, not that they have too, but it's kinda depressing knowing people have heard it and hardcore fans are just sitting here waiting knowing there's a finished album people have already heard... I'd be more hyped if there was even just an official announcement to the fans, but there's nothing... and I'm holding off on listening to the 'bootleg'... I guess I'm old school and prefer to hear the official release,... life is hard for a lot of people right now and feeling like your favorite band doesn't care kinda sucks, maybe I'm just having a bad day... or maybe it's just me, but for me it's depressing... sure I'll delete this when we hear something,... 

the waiting drove me mad...
    torture follows reward follows torture...
    No. It’s not like waiting for vs to drop in 1993.  Listen to one of their studio albums or bootlegs to pass the time.  
    Did albums "drop" back in 1993?  It seems like everything used to be "released" and then all of a sudden maybe 10 or so years ago the term "released" was replaced with "dropped".
    I wondered the same. I feel like "dropping" an album became a term with streaming services and popular music. I know there's more logic to it than my inkling, but I also remember "releasing albums" to be the phrasing.
    Releasing an album is traditional.

Dropping an album was used when there's little to no advance announcement. 

But now drop has slowly become more common as its meaning has become washed out. 
    “Drop” comes from hip-hop, it’s different slang. But because hip-hop spent years driving US pop culture some of the slang terms stuck.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,916
    So, when's the next exclusive PJ listening party, on the East Coast?