Options

Exclusive PJ listening party West Hollywood 1.31.24 - Confirmed DARK MATTER and wish I was there

Comments

• Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 365
    Poncier said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    solace said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    spankyMP said:
    dwjmu84 said:
     “One has a chorus particularly tailor-made for chanting and fist-pumping.“

ooof. Def not something I want to hear. Maybe this was ill phrased? I hope. 
    I mean yeah, if you want to go all the way negative in the blink of an eye. If they mean the way fists get pumping and we all chant yeah during Alive and you don't want to hear it then there isn't much left to be said.
    Uhhh. That part during alive ISNT the chorus bub. It’s an extension they’ve cultivated while Mike solos. It’s awesome, but that’s not the vibe I get from this line in the article. 

I get, “you can’t dennnnyyy me” chanting and cowbell. That makes me want to vomit. I hope I’m wrong!
    You sound fun
    That’s nice. You sound like an asshole. 

So, im trying to befriend and influence someone who chirps at me? 

Another clown comment in this forum...
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,599
    kmcmanus said:
    on2legs said:
    Would be nice if they threw us a frickin bone.  Just a song.

I feel like we have to be super close to getting a song dropped.  Like any day now :prayer:
    I think the absolute latest we’d get a single is 2/13 with the rumored tour announcement but i wouldn’t be shocked if one came sooner.
    I think that makes a lot of sense.  👍🏻
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    The petty butthurt stuff is getting very old. Let’s move on. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    JDime20 said:
    please. can't we all just move on and talk about whats to come from this band?
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,368
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,608
    Kwieneke said:
    JDime20 said:
    You must be new around here.
  • Options
    edited February 1
    Kwieneke said:
    JDime20 said:
    I’ve been with ya on that for a while. But people keep attacking me for my opinions (like hoping these songs do not sound like CDM).

I dig the title and hope there is a similar space theme a la binaural (a great record too). Can’t wait to hear more about producing with watt and how the tracks came together. Honestly, I hope they just give us this thing asap. We will buy all the merch and the shows will sell out regardless. No need to hype an already die hard cult following amirite?
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    dwjmu84 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    JDime20 said:
    I’ve been with ya on that for a while. But people keep attacking me for my opinions (like hoping these songs do not sound like CDM).
    No, you respond each time playing the victim, like you are here, and call people asshole and that everyone is going to hear from you when you don’t like it. You’re perpetuating it and digging your own hole deeper. Just ignore it and be happy new music is close. 
  • Options
    TheebsTheebs Posts: 44
    I am excited.  I can find enjoyment in however the album sounds honestly.  I am really just happy they are still here and making music and touring when they can.  I am happy I am still here to get to listen!  I loved the new painted shield single. I bet I will love the new PJ stuff as well.
  • Options
    JDime20 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    JDime20 said:
    No, you respond each time playing the victim, like you are here, and call people asshole and that everyone is going to hear from you when you don’t like it. You’re perpetuating it and digging your own hole deeper. Just ignore it and be happy new music is close. 
    ok bud.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,667
    Alan Jackson - Remember When (Official HD Video) - YouTube

Everyone just take a chill pill, listen to this song, and relax.....
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 278
    This thread about to be locked in 3, 2....
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,954
    Name calling is not ok. 

Please see the Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

etc..

• Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    I love when these threads turn into middle school arguments. 
    I know you are but what am I 
  • Options
    bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 143
    Sea said:
    Name calling is not ok. 

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

etc..

Thank you Sea!!!! 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,307
    Theebs said:
    I am excited.  I can find enjoyment in however the album sounds honestly.  I am really just happy they are still here and making music and touring when they can.  I am happy I am still here to get to listen!  I loved the new painted shield single. I bet I will love the new PJ stuff as well.
    Exactly. Same here. I am so happy and grateful that we still have PJ playing live and making new music and being excited about what they are putting out there. I'm so so excited.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,184
    https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/pearl-jam-throws-listening-party-new-album-eddie-106852555?fbclid=IwAR1xjcP0Cee4pDnZF6SsiQyQ6_jtHARQKUmyvX2yMzHSSHFmSBUFn-A6hoU

“We made this record like a year ago," Ament told the audience. “We’ve been sitting on it.”

“Gigaton” surprised many fans and critics with how hard-rocking it was. The new one goes even harder. It's almost athletic in its speed, aggression, and tenacity, sounding like it would make men of their age sore in the aftermath.

While Vedder remains the face and voice of the band, the star of this album is drummer Matt Cameron, who joined the Jam in 1998 after starting out with Soundgarden.

His relentless pounding opens many of the 11 tracks, and drowns out his bandmates' playing and Vedder's vocals at times.

“It's one of the greatest drum records we’ve ever made,” Vedders said to cheers from a crowd that included Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith. “Matt Cameron is just playing out of his skull, especially seeing as how it’s our last record.”

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,938
    https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/pearl-jam-throws-listening-party-new-album-eddie-106852555?fbclid=IwAR1xjcP0Cee4pDnZF6SsiQyQ6_jtHARQKUmyvX2yMzHSSHFmSBUFn-A6hoU

“We made this record like a year ago," Ament told the audience. “We’ve been sitting on it.”

“Gigaton” surprised many fans and critics with how hard-rocking it was. The new one goes even harder. It's almost athletic in its speed, aggression, and tenacity, sounding like it would make men of their age sore in the aftermath.

While Vedder remains the face and voice of the band, the star of this album is drummer Matt Cameron, who joined the Jam in 1998 after starting out with Soundgarden.

His relentless pounding opens many of the 11 tracks, and drowns out his bandmates' playing and Vedder's vocals at times.

“It's one of the greatest drum records we’ve ever made,” Vedders said to cheers from a crowd that included Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith. “Matt Cameron is just playing out of his skull, especially seeing as how it’s our last record.”

That bolded sentence annoys me for some reason. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053

Gigaton was hard rocking?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    nicknyr15 said:

I’ll assert that the reason they sat on is was to give space for their various solo efforts. Speaking of which I have tickets to Painted Shield. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,307
    The Gigaton tour also needed finishing before more music came out
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    mcgruff10 said:

Gigaton was hard rocking?  
    Lmao, exactly my thought 
  • Options
    bmurray06 said:
    Sea said:
    Name calling is not ok. 

etc..

Thank you Sea!!!! 
    Ditto!
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,149

We made this record like a year ago," Ament told the audience. “We’ve been sitting on it.”

“It's one of the greatest drum records we’ve ever made,” Vedders said to cheers from a crowd that included Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith. “Matt Cameron is just playing out of his skull, especially seeing as how it’s our last record.

um...wut?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 1
    deb1211 said:
    Theebs said:
    Exactly. Same here. I am so happy and grateful that we still have PJ playing live and making new music and being excited about what they are putting out there. I'm so so excited.
    👍
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    nicknyr15 said:

Can't trust what they say much of the time. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Can't trust what they say much of the time. 
    I thought I read that it was tongue in cheek somewhere, like Ed's "last record" joke, but that may have just been wishful thinking during the moment.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,149
    Jeff Ament Jan 2024: we made this record like a year ago
    Jeff Ament Summer 2023: we've got a few things recorded, I really don't know where it's at right now
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    Jeff Ament Jan 2024: we made this record like a year ago
    Jeff Ament Summer 2023: we've got a few things recorded, I really don't know where it's at right now
    these two statements go together. I'm not in the industry but usually takes a while to release a big band's album with marketing, releases, lining up with a tour. They were talking about recording new music in 2022. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,045
    Also, maybe he likes surprising fans.