Options

Happiness Bastards - The Black Crowes - March 15, 2024

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    4/20 Detroit....

a Saturday.  vacation week...

gonna see if.   
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,313
    Haijay said:
    Wobbie said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    Nothing mind blowing but it’s solid. 
    VERY solid.

unlike another band that’s been around for 30+ years, chris and rich aren’t trying to reinvent the wheel. that other band did and it’s resulted in three consecutive shit albums.
    Green Day? 🤔🤔🤔
    PJ ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,313
    The tour venues appear to be smaller venues glad they are doing that
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    Thumbs up on venue size. Ticket prices are high enough where I want to see a setlist first.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    4/20 Detroit....

a Saturday.  vacation week...

gonna see if.   

not if anymore......

now to search out a smoke eater mask......

will be 18yrs 2 days sober for this show.....

and I get random drug tested as a truck driver so not really looking to get high these days
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,302
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 615
    Why the fuck does it just abruptly end? Ruins the song for me. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    Boring choice to play the "Sweden rock festival"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    maybe ABBA was unavailable.

I’m looking more forward to happiness bastards than dark matter.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

To each their own but relatively speaking I like Dark Matter more than the first 2 Crowes singles. They're not bad but just kinda eh.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    seeing them in Minnesota at the Yacht Festival. they are on night 1 with Gwen Stefani and Alanis. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Wilted Rose is the best single so far
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I like Cross Your Fingers more and the live take of Bedside Manners sounds promising. 

Pretty excited to hear the rest. 
  • Options
    not bad. looking forward to 4-20 detroit show

• Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    So just finished my third listen of the new record. I am a die hard BC fan and have followed them through thick and thin. As far as this record, i am fairly happy with it. Songs are super punchy and upbeat and Chris sounds fricken great, throughout. The production, on the other hand, is horrendous. And the drumming on this record, may be possibly, the least innovative drumming ive ever heard. 

But, ill take it and hope to see them next month in Atlanta.
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 615
    I listened once last night. Need to give it more listens but as of now I feel like there are a bunch of great riffs that just didn’t get to their full potential. I’m not saying it’s a bad album but it could have been so much better. We’ll see if my opinion changes after a little time. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    there’s been a lot written, butI thought this was especially good.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a60168791/black-crowes-happiness-bastards-interview/

my album arrives tomorrow.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Had a first listen of the album this morning. I'm working so couldn't have it too loud. Sounds pretty much straight-forward r&r. Not too bad but I'll have to crank it up and have another listen. Songs seem pretty tight. With a 38 minute running time for 10 songs, there is definitely not much room for any bloat. Looking forward to April 16th when they play here.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,821
    My caveat is I only know the popular songs and some others, and saw them live once and enjoyed them. Put on the new album at work and as someone previously said, there’s some good potential in some tracks, but I found myself skipping songs half way through. 
  • Options
    9pm tonight . live on Amazons Twitch channel....

• Options
    TheBeardedFellowTheBeardedFellow Posts: 300
    edited March 16
    This album is fantastic. Listened through it three times, there's not a lemon on it.  

I'm a Crowes fan, but Warpaint and Before the Frost/Until the Freeze never stuck with me-- it's obviously early, but i think this one will. It could almost fit in around/beside By Your Side, from the song lengths and punchiness.

I think any other long time fans will dig this album.   
    Post edited by TheBeardedFellow on
  • Options
    edited March 19
    clayton12 said:
    So just finished my third listen of the new record. I am a die hard BC fan and have followed them through thick and thin. As far as this record, i am fairly happy with it. Songs are super punchy and upbeat and Chris sounds fricken great, throughout. The production, on the other hand, is horrendous. And the drumming on this record, may be possibly, the least innovative drumming ive ever heard. 

But, ill take it and hope to see them next month in Atlanta.
    Chris does sound fantastic. As for the drumming…..Gorman was a HUGE loss. :bawling:

Had a first listen of the album this morning. I'm working so couldn't have it too loud. Sounds pretty much straight-forward r&r. Not too bad but I'll have to crank it up and have another listen. Songs seem pretty tight. With a 38 minute running time for 10 songs, there is definitely not much room for any bloat. Looking forward to April 16th when they play here.
    It’s gotta be cranked. I just listened through headphones….LOUD.

crazy that they recorded this in two weeks. I think Tall took like two years with all the dysfunction and fighting.
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    Just listened to it for the first time, and upon the first listen Cross Your Fingers, Wilted Rose, and Kindred Friend were the standouts to me.  REALLY dug Kindred Friend, probably my fav track.  Definitely look forward to listening to the whole album again (and again and again)....
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,090
    Wobbie said:

Boring of them to play there, and not play an ordinary concert here.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Great record! Loved it start to finish. I think I’ll revisit everything from Amorica to this one. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

As for the drumming…..Gorman was a HUGE loss. :b:bawling:

It’s gotta be cranked. I just listened through headphones….LOUD.

crazy that they recorded this in two weeks. I think Tall took like two years with all the dysfunction and fighting.
    Totally agree about Gorman. 

Put on the over-ear headphones on the way to work this morning and this album rocks! 

Bedside Manners and Flesh Wound are probably my least fav, but I'm totally in love with the groove in Follow the Moon.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    this album is so good…nothing groundbreaking, but very satisfying.

chris’ voice sounds about 10x better than ed’s, these days. weed less harmful than tobacco?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,302
    It’s not going to break any new ground, but it is a great rock and roll record, which is all you want from The Black Crowes. Nothing more, nothing less. It’s good to have them back.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655
    Got Ryman tix. Can’t wait.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    edited March 24
    Black Crowes fans, Chris Robinson is in this excellent documentary.  Don't miss it!
    The Dream Syndicate How Did We Find Ourselves Here 2022 - IMDb
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.